Amid is a character from Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War. He is the substitute character of his cousin Arthur if Tailtiu was not paired up. He is the son of Ethnia, and the nephew of Tailtiu. Once promoted, he is the only playable male Mage Fighter in the game.
Amid is shown to be witty and somewhat cocky, enjoying teasing people such as Hermina. He is also suggested to be strongly dedicated to his sister, going so far as to travel across the continent on the rare chance that he might somehow find her.
|Starting Class||Holy Blood|
|Adept||Wind - B||Wind|
(With Holy Blood Bonuses)
|C B A|
Amid starts off fairly well for a substitute character, having Adept and wind magic at his disposal right from the get-go alongside minor Thrud blood for higher than average growths, however Amid simply cannot match up to Arthur due to one main reason: his class. Amid is of the Mage Fighter class while his counterpart is of the Mage Knight class which is mounted as opposed to the former, and unlike his sister Amid cannot wield staffs. This makes Arthur far more valuable for his movement alone, additionally while Adept is a nice skill it's very unreliable compared to Arthur's far more dependable Wrath skill. Depending on his Father, Arthur can also have pursuit and a higher magic stat, or even inherit Forseti. Come endgame and Amid will seldom see combat and will likely be overshadowed by Ced/Hawk with his solid magic stat and wide range of tomes and staffs, as well as his sister with her higher skillset and staff usage.
In Chapter 6, Amid may speak to Seliph, but nothing will result of it.
In Chapter 7, Amid may speak to Linda to recruit her.
In Chapter 8, if Amid moves to a certain spot in between the mountains, he may speak to Jake, and Amid will gain three magic defense points.
In the Final Chapter, if neither Amid nor Linda has a lover, Amid may speak to her, and she will gain a point of luck.
Original and replacement characters have the same love growths unless stated otherwise.
- Julia: 0+0
- Altena: N/A
- Lana/Muirne: 0+2
- Larcei/Creidne: 0+2
- Nanna/Jeanne: 0+2
- Fee/Hermina: 100+1
- Lene/Laylea: 0+2
- Patty/Daisy: 0+2
- Linda: -- (Not possible, since they are siblings)
Amid is illustrated in the trading card game with the following cards:
Amid is a corruption of Airmed, a deity from Irish mythology.
- Amid and Linda are the only substitute characters related by blood to the characters they replace.
- Amid and Linda are the only substitute characters with Holy Blood, in which both have Minor Thrud.
- Amid, Linda and their mother Ethnia are the only Thrud descendants without the family lineage's trademark silver hair.
- Amid and Soren are the only playable Wind Mages in the Fire Emblem series.
- Amid is the only playable character with in Genealogy Of The Holy War who has Thrud Holy Blood that does not have the skill Wrath.
- Amid is the only playable male unit that can promote into a Mage Fighter.
- See main article: Amid/Gallery.