—Andrey, in a conversation with Daccar
Andrey is an enemy character from Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War. He is the son of Ring of Yngvi and the younger half-brother of Brigid and Edain. He is also the father of Scipio and the uncle of Lester, Lana, Febail, and Patty.
Profile[edit | edit source]
Andrey is first mentioned by a villager, who notes that there seems to be a large amount of friction between him and Ring. In the early chapters of the game, Andrey assists his father in the war in Isaach, and later kills him in order to seize control of Yngvi and its military, the Beige Ritter.
During the civil war in Silesse, Andrey appears alongside the Beige Ritter to assist Daccar and Pamela in taking Castle Silesse. He ambushes the pegasus knights led by Annand, possibly even killing her himself. However, he is not fought by the player until Chapter 5, in which he aids in Lombard's attack against Sigurd's army. Andrey will eventually be slain in battle, and calls for his son to avenge him in his final words.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Andrey is portrayed as an arrogant and heartless individual who feels no guilt for murdering his father. Aside from his lust for power, it is indicated that he and Ring possessed a rocky relationship. Even his fellow traitor, Lombard, is disgusted by Andrey's crime and complete lack of remorse. He also has no qualms about facing his sisters in battle, calling them traitors, despite himself committing patricide.
In-Game[edit | edit source]
Base Stats[edit | edit source]
|Starting Class||Holy Blood|
|-||Bow - A||Brave Bow|
Overall[edit | edit source]
Subjective: The following part of this article is based upon the editor's personal experiences and opinions, and therefore may not be applicable for all readers.
Andrey possesses no special skills of his own, and is thus not an extremely dangerous adversary. However, he is equipped with a Brave Bow, which could easily kill characters such as Erinys. It is recommended to allow Andrey to enter Sigurd's army's attacking range before turning on the offensive, giving said army an upper hand in the battle.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Battle conversation[edit | edit source]
—Andrey's battle quote in Chapter 4
—Andrey's battle quote in Chapter 5
Andrey: Hah, it's my treacherous big sister. Fancy meeting you here. You've tarnished the reputation of my Yngvi... In return, I'll have your life.
Edain: Andrey... you're so pathetic...
Andrey: What!? It can't be... big sister Brigid?!? I heard that you'd become a pirate, but allying with the traitors is another matter... In any case, you've brought shame upon my house. I'll have to kill you.
Brigid: Shut up! You killed father, you patricide! You're the disgrace to Yngvi House, AND you've tarnished the reputation of the Crusader Ulir!!
Death Quote[edit | edit source]
—Andrey's death quote
Notes[edit | edit source]
- According to a developer interview, Andrey was with Ring and Edain during the boat accident where Brigid went missing. Unlike Edain, who managed to stay calm throughout the entire incident, Andrey was said to be visibly panicking in fear. 
- In the Mitsuki Oosawa manga, Brigid is visibly disturbed when she learns from Edain that Andrey has become cruel. She then states that she has come to remember their days together and recalls him as a very sweet child, with a smile akin to an angel's. The manga's portrayal of Andrey gives him a more conflicted mindset, in which he feels that the pressure to live up to Brigid's potential is crushing him; as such, he outwardly acts as cruel as in the game (even mistreating Pamela for having a conscience), doing everything in his power to drive Brigid into killing and releasing him from his torment.
- Andrey doesn't appear at all in the Nattsu Fujimori manga.
- Fire Emblem Treasure's family tree reveals that Andrey's mother is different from that of Brigid and Edain.
- According to a villager in the prologue, there had been friction between Andrey and Ring for quite some time.