Askr (アスク王国 Asuku Ōkoku lit. Kingdom of Ask) is a holy kingdom in the continent of Zenith, from Fire Emblem Heroes. It is ruled by two royal siblings, Prince Alfonse and Princess Sharena. Alfonse, Sharena, and their gathered heroes plan to oppose the Emblian Empire and stop the destruction of their kingdom.
Founded by the god-dragon of the same name, Askr once worked with the Emblian Empire to open and close the gates to other worlds. Once the Emblians let the gates open for their own ambitions, the Askran royalty, only able to open them, formed the Order of Heroes.
- Tower of Heaven
- Vaskrheim - The former resting place of Breidablik, and where Brave Heroes appear.
- Eternal Sanctum
- Gnótthæð - An once bountiful farmland in eastern Askr now burned by Múspell.
Notable Askrans Edit
- Líf - The first King of Askr.
- Gustav - Current King of Askr and the father of Alfonse and Sharena.
- Henriette - The Queen of Askr and the mother of Alfonse and Sharena.
- Alfonse - The kind and serious eldest prince of Askr who is eager to maintain peace.
- Sharena - The cheerful younger princess of Askr who loves making friends with Heroes.
- Anna - The Commander of the Order of Heroes.
- Feh - Messenger Owl.
The Japanese name of Askr, "Ask", and "Embla" are derived from Old Norse mythology. Ask representing a male form, whereas Embla represents a female respectively—were the first two humans, created by the gods. In Poetic Edda and Prose Edda, both sources, three gods, one of whom is Odin, find Ask and Embla and bestow upon them various corporeal and spiritual gifts.
In Old Norse, Askr literally means "ash tree".