- "The name's Barst. I used to be a mercenary-now I'm just a regular woodcutter."
- "Fighting's thirsty work! Wanna join me for a drink?"
- "What a castle! Wonder how many guys it took to build this thing..."
- "Let me know if ya run outta firewood. I'll chop up a mountain for ya."
- "Try as I might, I'll never repay Captain Ogma. He's like a giant among men."
- "Wonder how ol' Bord and Cord are doing..."
- "Hey, are you Summoner? My summoner bugged me to come over and say hi to ya. Who? Oh, Friend!" (Greeting from friend)
- "I joined the Altean army after a stint as a mercenary... Was a pirate for a bit after that. Thought I'd retire to the peaceful life as a woodcutter, but here's another war needs my attention. Heh. That's fate for you, I guess. Not all bad, though—I got to meet you. Here's to shared fate, eh? But don't get too comfortable—you never know when we might go our separate ways!" (Upon reaching level 40)
- "Need me for something?"
- "I'm just a guy who chops wood. *laughs* That's all."
- "Whoa, don't sneak up on a guy like that."
- "Wanna know something? Long time ago, I was a pirate for awhile."
- "Hey, how ya doing?"
- “You give the orders, and I’ll follow ’em.”
- “Take good care of us on the field, all right? Our lives are in your hands.”
- "Let's do it!"
- "Let me show you what these big ol' arms can do!" (5-6 stats up)
- "This ain't me by half." (3-4 stats up)
- "Eh, maybe I should just go back to cuttin' down trees." (1-2 stats up)
- "I'm feelin' it! Count on me for whatever you need." (New skill learned)
- "You're done!"
- "Ready to die, huh?!"
- "Damn it...!"
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.