Belhalla (バーハラ, Barhara in the Japanese version) is the royal capital of the Kingdom of Grannvale and the home of the royal family. It was founded by Saint Heim, and ruled by King Azmur during the first generation and Emperor Arvis during the second generation. The Book of Naga is passed down the royal family. Their knight squadron is the holy guard, the Weissen Ritter, which is led by Arvis in the first generation, and Ishtar in the second generation. Belhalla also houses an international military academy, where nobility and royalty of many nations are taught the art of battle. Three known students of the academy are Sigurd of the Duchy of Chalphy, Prince Quan of the Kingdom of Leonster, and King Eldigan of the Kingdom of Nordion.
Notable citizens of Belhalla
- Azmur - The King of Grannvale in the first generation, father of Prince Kurth.
- Kurth - The Prince of Grannvale in the first generation, son of King Azmur and lover of Cigyun.
- Arvis - Emperor of Grannvale during the second generation, father of Saias, Julius, and Julia.
- Deirdre - The Daughter of Kurth and Empress of Grannvale between the first and second generations, who lived hidden away in the Spirit Forest and lost the memories of her past.
- Seliph - Son of Sigurd and Deirdre, half-brother of Julius and Julia, Emperor of Grannvale after the end of the second and final holy war.
- Julius - The prince of the Grannvale Empire that was once a kind boy but suddenly came to have a cruel nature.
- Julia - The gentle princess of the Grannvale Empire and inheritor of the Book of Naga who faces her destiny with strength.
- Filat - An envoy in the service of Azmur.
The name is most likely a corruption of Valhalla from Norse Mythology. (The katakana for the city, " バーハラ ", is how the V-heavy pronunciation of the name by most English speakers would be rendered in kana.) Valhalla is a hall in Asgard into which the valourous dead are led to meet with Odin, king of the gods. The word is derived from 'valhöll', meaning 'hall of the slain'.