Berkut (Echoes: Shadows of Valentia)Edit
- "I am Berkut. Someday I shall stand atop the Rigelian Empire. You should thank the gods I'm here with you now."
- "Why should I swallow my pride and fraternize with commoners? This is nothing less than total humiliation!"
- "I have honed my skills unceasingly since my youth. As next in line for the imperial throne, it is my duty. I take pride in the power I've worked so hard for."
- "Beavering away on another task? You're a diligent creature, no doubt of that. You'd make a fine servant."
- "You there. Show me to a jeweler. Not for myself, I'll have you know. Not that I owe you an explanation!"
- "What am I doing? I'm polishing a ring, obviously. It's... none of your concern. Begone! Now!"
- "Who has the temerity to send me on errands? Oh, none other than Friend." (Greeting from friend)
- "Oh, it's you. Such a restless creature you are. It's undignified. Be calm, and sit down for a moment, at least. After so many battles, I can see that you have some skill as a leader. Though it pains me, I must admit it. On my return to Rigel, you could even join my forces as a commander. What say you? Hah! That "no" was both quick and firm. Of course, that's the answer I expected from you. Just be glad this is not Rigel. Your head would be rolling on the floor right now. Oh, well... The fate of a great man is to have no one he might call a friend. But you... Is that what you are to me? Perhaps." (Upon reaching level 40)
- "Ugh. What are you doing?"
- "Again? How infantile."
- "Enough of that. State your purpose, if you have one."
- "My uncle is owed all of the respect in the world."
- "I must gather my might. I will need it."
- "I will rule Valentia in due course."
- "You do intrigue me. I should keep my eye on you."
- "All right."
- "I'll do it."
- "Hah! Now you understand what I'm made of." (5-6 stats up)
- "I expected better." (3-4 stats up)
- "I refuse to accept this!" (1-2 stats up)
- "Wise choice. You may have earned a little of my respect..." (New skill learned)
- "Meet your end!"
- "Die, worm!"
- "Know your damn place!"
- "Be gone from my sight!"
Berkut (Darkness Within)Edit
- "Hah! I am Berkut! I shall end all things...with Duma's supreme power!"
- "All this time! All the effort! What has it all been for?! Tell me, Uncle... Duma... Someone...TELL ME!"
- "You ask me of my...home? I have nothing of the sort. Even Rigel is now forever beyond my grasp..."
- "Ah, the summoner-savior... Tell me, do you see the strings commanding you to dance to liars' songs?"
- "If you thirst for power, give all you are to Duma. Your love, your hate, your past—everything!"
- "Have you seen Rinea? I'm looking for her... Rinea! Where have you gone?! Please, answer me..."
- "So, you are Kiran? You will be sacrificed to Duma, as Friend commands." (Greeting from friend)
- "You, summoner...how pitiful you are. To the people of this world, you are little more than a walking sacrifice. They praise you as a savior, but once your usefulness has run its course, they will cast you aside... Of course, you struggle with the idea. You want to tell me how wrong I am. Your naivety is plain on your face. You see only the surface of things. Beneath, the world is cruel—everyone hides their true intentions. Someday, you will realize the truth as I have... When that day comes, I will relish the regret on your face... Hah!" (Upon reaching level 40)
- "If you wish to be burned by Duma's flame, then by all means... Touch me once more."
- "Do you not know who I am? I am Rigel's next emperor! Hahaha!"
- "Did you just utter the name Alm? Never speak that name again!"
- "Valentia... This country... Everything! I'll see it all aflame!"
- "Rinea... Where are you? Where did you go? Oh, Rinea..."
- "I wished to become emperor... I wished to be a king for all of Valentia, and to see a smile upon Rinea's face..."
- "Kriemhild shall claim your life one day. Heh... Are you looking forward to it?"
- "The end."
- "I will kill."
- "Hah! Very good... This can only be a blessing from Duma!" (5-6 stats up)
- "Bow before Duma's power!" (3-4 stats up)
- "Have...even the gods forsaken me?!" (1-2 stats up)
- "Show me the enemy. I will use my new power to eradicate them!" (New skill learned)
- "I'll kill you."
- "By Duma's power!"
- "Look at me!"
- "Die, die, DIE!"
- "My power..."
Berkut (A Splendid Soiree) Edit
- "Berkut is my name. You've got some nerve, dragging me here today! You had better entertain me."
- "My uncle, the emperor, does not hold with festivities such as these. Though we shan't let that bother us, shall we?"
- "Even in Rigel, this time of year has perfect weather to go outside. It's no wonder the rabble rouses itself, eh?"
- "Don't tell me you're already worn out! Train every day, and you'll see results both on and off the battlefield."
- "Rinea said she'd not mind if I danced with you? That girl's heart is open to all. Very well! Take my hand."
- "Me? I'm window shopping. Come and look at these hair clips. Tell me— which shows superior craftsmanship?"
- "Come—Friend would see you dance! What are you waiting for?" (Greeting from friend)
- "Unlike his older brother the emperor, my father was a kind, gentle man. He passed ere I was 10 years old. My mother smiled often when I was small. I remember it well... Oh, they'd argue, to be sure, but soon I'd see them dancing together in the great hall. I did not yet understand marriage. Still, I knew I wanted someone who'd dance like that with me. When I first met Rinea, she told me she loved to dance. It was as if... Well... I see that I've said too much. Now take that silly grin off of your face." (Upon reaching level 40)
Info Screen Edit
- "Why do you rest?"
- "You should be honored."
- "They have not written music I cannot dance to. Mind you, nothing less should be expected of the heir to the empire."
- "You cannot take even one step? Peasants are so damnably timid!"
- "I was reluctant to participate in this frivolity, but I must consider Rinea's feelings toward the matter."
- "When I take Rinea's hand in mine, just before the dance... For that brief moment, I can forget my troubles."
- "Just this once, I shall dance with you. It shall be a story you tell your grandchildren!"
- "Let me have my fun."
- "How clumsy."
- "I'll show you how it's done."
Level Up Edit
- "Swept you off your feet, did I? Ha-hah!" (5-6 stats up)
- "They have not written music I cannot dance to." (3-4 stats up)
- "Clumsy oaf! You couldn't lead your partner if your lowly life depended upon it." (1-2 stats up)
- "Well, I suppose I could honor you with a dance. Just this once..." (New skill learned)
- "Off tempo!"
- "Hmph. Clodhopper."
- "I'll make you dance."
- "Are you captivated?"
- "I can hear the music..."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.