—Blake talking to Celica in Echoes
Blake makes his appearance as the penultimate boss of Chapter 3: War of Deliverance during Celica's route. There he threatens the priestess and her group with his band of myrmidons and a single witch (Two Witches and an additional Archer on Hard Mode in Echoes) to keep them from reaching Mila's Temple. He is defeated by Celica's party before they move on to their ultimate destination.
Blake, like many other bosses in the game, is a cruel individual. He mocks the fates of his victims while taunting Celica and her group over the apparent fact that Mila is responsible for Zofia's suffering. As he dies, he continues to mock the heroes efforts to find Mila. He also has a minor habit of saying "aye" in the remake.
—Blake's pre-battle quote in Echoes.
—Blake's defeat quote in Echoes.
—Blake's eliminating target quote in Echoes.
Blake is a name of old english origin that means either "black" or "pale".
Choose Your Legends Placement History
|CYL2||727||Gaiden/Echoes: Shadows of Valentia||49|
|CYL3 saw the transition to different counting mechanisms involving versions of characters and ties, so change measured between CYL2 and CYL3 shouldn't be taken at face value.|
|Gaiden/Echoes: Shadows of Valentia||39|
|Gaiden/Echoes: Shadows of Valentia||29|
|Gaiden/Echoes: Shadows of Valentia||15|
- Blake and Deen used to appear very similar to each other in looks; Blake's portrait was originally a horizontally reversed variant of Deen's. In the remake, Deen received a drastic upgrade in appearance while Blake retained his original design with minor alterations; instead of a scarred right eye he bears at least six scars on his face, with four of them creating an "X" design.
- Furthering similarities between the two men are their weapons of choice in the remake: Deen's Brave Sword and Blake's Shadow Sword. Both weapons can evolve into one another at the Smithy.
- Blake is the only enemy who hails from Rigel to appear as a boss in Celica's route.
- Blake's voice clips in battle are shared with Wolff, Zakson, and Jerome.
- Strangely, Blake's armor model is coded like a generic Myrmidon's unlike most bosses who uses a unique color scheme, as it appears red when as an enemy, and if hacked to a playable unit, it takes the ally Myrmidon's color scheme.
- Blake is among the few one-shot bosses to take part in the Choose Your Legends polls.