Butler (バトラー Batorā) is a class that is introduced in Fire Emblem Fates. A class that is both physical and healer, the Butler takes on both combat and support roles. It is one of the promoted forms of the Troubadour class, armed with Daggers and Staves as its equipment of choice. The Butler is treated as a Nohrian class and is the male counterpart of the Maid class.
Butlers and maids are the only classes that can reach an S rank in staves in Fire Emblem: Fates, meaning that usage of certain staves such as Bifröst are exclusive to them.
Butlers, along with their female equivalents Maids, are the only Nohrian classes that use Daggers. However, they can only reach a B rank in daggers at most, preventing their use of some of the more powerful and unique shuriken and dagger options.
Butlers generally have average magic and strength stats, limiting them offensively. They are most useful as healers, and their dagger weapons can help weaken targets enough for stronger units to bring them down.
|FE14||Live to Serve|
|Learnt at Level 5 and above.|
Learnt at Level 15 and above.
|Base Class||Promotion Method||Promoted Class|
|FE14||Troubadour||Use a Master Seal on a Level 10+ Troubadour.||Butler|
- Jakob - A butler in the service of Corrin who is cold to everyone except them.
- Possible promotion for Forrest and Dwyer.
- There are no generic butlers in the game, making it a purely player bound class. This, aside from the fact that both Felicia and Flora are already selectable Maids in the game, results in the Generic Maid slot being replaced by a Faceless in My Castle.
- Butlers and Maids are the second instance of a mounted class promoting into an infantry class, after Awakening's War Cleric
- Fittingly enough, all three classes are promotions of the Troubadour, making the new classes somewhat a successor to the War Cleric, which is missing from Fates' class roster.