—Edelgard talking to Byleth
Byleth, is a playable character and the main protagonist in the upcoming Fire Emblem: Three Houses. As an Avatar, their name and gender are chosen by the player. In voiced cutscenes, they are referred to as Professor. They posses a mysterious Crest of unknown origin.
Once a part of a mercenary group lead by their father Jeralt, Byleth is offered a position to teach at Garreg Mach Monastery's Officer's Academy after an unexpected incident reveals power within them.
Around this same time they begin to see Sothis, a mysterious girl only they can see, who appears in their mind. As part of training, Byleth at times leads their students into live combat. Swords appear to be their main weapon.
Enemy Deals 1 or No Damage or Misses Edit
Critical Attack Edit
- "Let the lesson begin!"
- ”Allow me to demonstrate!”
Gambit Cut-in Edit
- "I'm here to help."
Defeated Enemy Edit
- "Should I have held back?"
- "You fought well."
- "That is that."
- "Each battle is a chance to grow."
Level Up Edit
- "Such power dwells within?"
- "We must all do our part."
Byleth is a variation of Beleth, a king of Hell. According to Pseudomonarchia Daemonum, Ham, Noah's son, was the first in invoking him after the flood, and wrote a book on mathematics with his help.
- Byleth's default name in Japanese differs slightly between genders, as a male Byleth is spelled "ベレト" (Bereto), while the female is "ベレス" (Beresu).
- Byleth's artwork shows them wielding the Sword of the Creator.
- Byleth is the first Avatar character since Mark to not feature a customizable appearance. Their male and female designs are fixed and cannot be edited by the player.