—Carrion talking to Selphina in Thracia 776
Carrion first appears at the end of Chapter 7, where he rendezvouses with Leif's army after they successfully escape from Munster. Here, Hannibal instructs Carrion to guide Leif's army to Mount Violdrake to prevent them from being mistaken for brigands.
Once Carrion fulfills his mission at the start of Chapter 8, Leif attempts to dismiss him. He refuses to be dismissed, insisting on remaining with the army. Informing Leif that Count Dryas, the duke of Leonster, is alive and training young knights in Hannibal's mansion, Carrion then guides the army to said mansion.
En route to Hannibal's mansion in Chapter 9, Leif's army chances upon Selphina, who is leading the defense of the mansion. Carrion can speak to Selphina, who praises him for his good work before entrusting him with the Elite Sword, which she says is an heirloom from his mother.
Carrion then goes on to continue supporting Leif in his cause to liberate Northern Thracia from the Grannvale Empire. On Leif's request, he takes up a post at Castle Mansel alongside Hannibal thereafter. Here, he serves as a diplomat between Northern and Southern Thracia, playing a vital role in unifying the continent.
A young man imbued with a strong sense of responsibility, Carrion is dutiful in carrying out the missions assigned to him, beginning from the one where Hannibal instructs him to guide Leif's army to Mount Violdrake.
Carrion is also characterised as a fiercely patriotic person, as can be seen by his resolve to continue fighting for Leif's army in hopes of liberating his homeland Leonster and seeing it regaining the glory it has lost.
|Cavalier||8||Player||Automatically from the start|
|Sword - E (+40)|
Lance - D (+30)
|Item Required||Promoted Class|
- Supports give a bonus to Hit, Critical, Avoid, and Dodge
- Supporting characters must be within a three tile radius for the support to come into effect
Subjective: The following part of this article is based upon the editor's personal experiences and opinions, and therefore may not be applicable for all readers.
Carrion boasts rather decent growth rates and a few useful personal parameters (including a Movement Star and an unusually high Follow-up Critical Multiplier of 4), but his base stats are extremely poor, especially for the point at which he is obtained. He also has a very low Sword and Lance rank, meaning he will be restricted to iron weapons for some time, and largely cancelling out the advantage of his Cavalier class's natural multiweapon usage. That said, like many units in Thracia, he can be salvaged without too much effort, and his high multiplier combined with his two supports mean that feeding kills to him is easier than it might seem. When raised to level 10 or so, Carrion tends to be a solid combatant, though the presence of many other powerful fighters in the army means the necessity of doing so is somewhat questionable.
Carrion obtains the Elite Sword from Selphina in Chapter 9, a weapon which increases the wielder's XP gain and boosts their defense. However, despite being presented as his heirloom, the Elite Sword is not Carrion's personal weapon: in fact, it can be wielded by any character capable of using E-rank swords. Carrion is a fine choice to wield it, as it solves his largest shortcomings, but one should feel free to pass the sword around to those who need it and are seeing regular use.
—Carrion's death quote
—Carrion's escape quote in Thracia 776
Talk with Selphina
- (Chapter 9)
- Carrion: Lady Selphina, I made it back!
- Selphina: Oh, my dear Carrion! Thank you for all that you've done.
- Carrion: Think nothing of it, milady. Would that I could've done more... Ah, I must double my training if I'm to become as strong a knight as Sir Glade sometime in my natural life! I want only to aid Prince Leif, but all I've learned in his service so far is just how powerless I truly am...
- Selphina: Don't let your impatience cloud your judgment. You won't be of any use to him dead. Hmm... The time to grant you your inheritance may have come more quickly than I'd thought.
- Carrion: Inheritance? Th-This is... a fine blade, milady, but where—
- Selphina: Your mother entrusted this to me. It's known as the Elite Sword. She bade me give it to you when you had grown into a worthy knight.
- Carrion: M-Mother?!
- Selphina: She passed from this world far too young, taken by illness. A tragedy if ever there was one, that... This very blade was a favorite of your father's, and he wielded it right up until the day he died honorably in battle.
- Carrion: F-Father's own blade... that he wielded in service of House Leonster...!
- Selphina: This is your birthright, Carrion—use it with great care.
- Carrion: Y-Yes, I will! Thank you, Lady Selphina!
Carrion - Nobleman of Leonster (レンスターの貴公子 Rensutā no kikōshi)
- "At Leif's own request, Callion transferred to a posting at Castle Meath, which reunited him with Hannibal. From then on, the two worked together to ease tensions between Northern and Southern Thracians. He is considered one of the most influential factors to the successful reunification of Thracia."
Choose Your Legends Placement History
|CYL3 saw the transition to different counting mechanisms involving versions of characters and ties, so change measured between CYL2 and CYL3 shouldn't be taken at face value.|