Being the direct descendant of Crusader Bragi, he is the inheritor of the Valkyrie Staff. He has a deceased younger sister. Because of the blood of Bragi, he is a distant relative to Silvia and her children, assuming he is not made their father, Lene and Coirpre.
Claud is 27 years old, as revealed in the Mitsuki Oosawa manga.
Claud is introduced alongside his admirer Tailtiu when they meet Sigurd while they are traveling to Bragi Tower to discover the truth behind Kurth's death. In his first scene with Sigurd, he informs him that he and Byron have been accused of murdering Kurth and thus have been branded as traitors. Later, Claud arrives at the tower and reclaims the Valkyrie Staff. He also learns that Lombard and Reptor are the people behind Kurth's death. After leaving, he encounters Sigurd on in a battle against the Orgahill Pirates and enlists in his army alongside Tailtiu.
After Sigurd flees to Silesse, Claud returns to Grannvale in an attempt to inform King Azmur of the truth behind Kurth's death, but he is silenced by Reptor and Lombard, whom of whom declare him to be a traitor. Following this, he is forced to flee to Silesse, where he reunites with Sigurd.
Claud is presumed to have perished at the Battle of Belhalla. This is supported by the events of Fire Emblem: Thracia 776, in which Father Sleuf of the Bragi Church claims to have communicated with his spirit in the Bragi Tower.
He says Silvia, who also carries Bragi blood, reminds him of his deceased younger sister.
Claud is a very kindhearted and soft-spoken man who is also rather wise and refined in his manner of speech. He is well-known for advising and comforting those in need, earning him admiration and respect from all who know him. He also appears to be rather innocent, as seen in his first conversation with Silvia, in which he expresses polite offense towards her flashy dancer garb.
|Starting Class||Holy Blood|
|-||Fire - C|
Thunder - C
Wind - C
(With Holy Blood Bonuses)
Subjective: The following part of this article is based upon the editor's personal experiences and opinions, and therefore may not be applicable for all readers.
Claud arrives late in the first generation, but he comes to you with some strong staves in the Valkyrie Staff and Fortify Staff. The Fortify Staff allows him to heal multiple units in a radius around himself and the Valkyrie Staff (exclusive to Claud in the first generation) allows him to revive dead units. While Claud's potential to heal many units in a single action is powerful, he will generally have trouble getting maximum value from the staff due to his low Movement, barring him from effectively activating the staff among several injured units. If Lachesis has promoted, she will be able to more effectively utilize the Fortify Staff and it may be a good idea to sell it to her.
Claud is not very effective as a fighter as he has no skills and has very low HP and Defense, but he can still deal moderate damage due to his respectable Magic stat. He is somewhat unique in that he has the highest Resistance in the first generation as well as great Resistance growth, making him exceptional at fighting Mage units (as long as they are not bosses wielding Holy Weapons).
Claud is an interesting pick for a father. He has Bragi Holy Blood, giving his children improved growths and +1 to staves. He has the strongest possible Resistance growth, making his children good at standing toe to toe with Mage units. While it can be somewhat interesting to have physical children with strong Resistance growth, the low Strength tradeoff and not inheriting any weapons probably is not worth it. However, Claud's main weaknesses as a father are his growths not complimenting physical children as well as his complete lack of skills.
Claud is best paired with Silvia. Erinys is a solid choice. Edain is a very flawed but alright choice. The rest should generally be avoided due to a lack of Pursuit/skills, undesirable growth rates, or no inheritable items.
- Silvia: While Claud does not have a large impact on Lene's potential, he does not negatively impact her either. Claud's most notable impact on Lene is that he will give her a high resistance growth which allows her to avoid Sleep Staves better during the last two chapters of the 2nd Generation. Coirpre, on the other hand, is well suited to Claud's stat growths and Claud's Holy Blood will allow Coirpre to inherit and use the Valkyrie Staff alongside the staves Claud held until Chapter 5.
- Erinys: Fee will suffer some minor downsides from this pairing and turn out unremarkable as she does not inherit any skills and her Strength growth will be on the low side, a stat she really needs, though she will get an increase in her staff rank, which is a nice bonus, but will mostly be situational. Ced, on the other hand, is an excellent match for Claud's growths and he is the only unit aside from Coirpre capable of inheriting Claud's Valkyrie Staff.
- Edain: Lester will be made almost entirely useless by this pairing, as he will inherit no weapons, have no skills, and terrible growth rates for a physical unit. Lana, on the other hand, gets well-suited stat growths and access to A-rank staves immediately, allowing her use of the Rescue Staff and Fortify Staff immediately.
In Chapter 3, Claud may speak to Sigurd, but nothing will result of it.
In Chapter 4, Sigurd may speak to Claud, but nothing will result of it.
In Chapter 4, after Thove Castle is captured, Sylvia may speak to Claud, resulting in her gaining 100 love points with him.
In Chapter 5, if Claud and Edain are lovers, he may speak to her, resulting in her gaining the Rescue Staff.
In Chapter 5, after Phinora Castle is captured, if Tailtiu/Sylvia and Claud are lovers, his lover may speak to him, but nothing will result of it.
- Deirdre: N/A
- Ethlyn: N/A
- Edain: 150+3
- Ayra: 200+2
- Lachesis: 50+3
- Erinys: 100+3
- Sylvia: 190+1
- Brigid: 50+4
- Tailtiu: 120+3
—Claud's death quote in Genealogy of the Holy War
Claud is illustrated in the trading card game Fire Emblem Cipher with the following cards:
Choose Your Legends Placement History
|CYL1||753||Genealogy of the Holy War||40|
|CYL2||785||Genealogy of the Holy War||26|
|CYL3 saw the transition to different counting mechanisms involving versions of characters and ties, so change measured between CYL2 and CYL3 shouldn't be taken at face value.|
|CYL3||519||Genealogy of the Holy War||79|
|CYL4||453||Genealogy of the Holy War||158|
|CYL5||434||Genealogy of the Holy War||72|
Claud means "limping" or "stuttering" variation of the given name of the Roman emperor Claudius.
- Claud is clairvoyant. In Chapter 5, if he is paired with Edain, he will accurately predict the outcome of the Battle of Belhalla, in which everyone will be wiped out. He decides to join the battle anyway, as there is apparently no way this outcome can be changed.
- While Claud never directly appeared in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Claud did get mentioned by Masahiro Sakurai in Byleth's Reveal Smash Bros. Direct for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate during at presentation when he presented the Golden Deer members for the Garreg Mach Monastery stage to the audience when talked about Three Houses's Claude along with Hilda shared the similar name of the Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War characters.
- See main article: Claud/Gallery.