Creature Campaign is an optional mode in Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones where the player may traverse the map and battle monsters after beating the game, during this period of the game there will be no human enemies that can be fought with the exception of the Thief class. The Tower of Valni and Lagdou Ruins will yield bonus characters after meeting certain criteria (i.e., clearing a certain amount of floors, completing the Tower thrice, etc.) It is similar to the Trial Maps for Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade.
Like all monster encounters in the main game, all villages, shops, Arenas and Armories will be destroyed for the encounter's time.
Monsters will arrive at a specific point on the world map (same as before in the main campaign). When the world map is cleared of monster skirmishes, another set three locations will become infested. This will occur indefinitely, and players may always visit the Tower of Valni and Lagdou Ruins at any time. Even if the Secret Shops were never entered in the main story, they can still be visited from the map. The Member card still has to be in a unit's inventory, however.
The characters obtained through creature campaign cannot be used in the link arena. However, the unique weapons that some of the characters hold, such as the Wind Sword and the dark tome Naglfar, can be equipped on units gained during the main story and used in the arena.
To play the Creature Campaign, go to extras, then Map, then select a profile that is at the Epilogue. It will require you to clear your suspended data, like starting another chapter. Also you can save anywhere on the map. Once saved the Epilogue can never be seen again. However, the player cannot permanently save while traversing the Tower or Ruins, the player can only suspend, so the tower or ruins must be completed in one run. This is problematic if one wants to restart due to the death of a unit.
Unlockable characters in Creature Campaign[edit | edit source]
Tower[edit | edit source]
- Caellach (Hero) - Finish floor 3 (Carries a Silver Axe, Tomahawk, and Hoplon Guard)
- Orson (Paladin) - Finish floor 6 (Carries a Silver Lance, Runesword, and Red Gem)
- Riev (Bishop) - Defeat 200 or more enemies in the same tower run (carries Aura, Purge, and Blue Gem)
- Ismaire (Swordmaster) - Finish the tower once (carries the Wind Sword, Shamshir, and Master Seal)
- Selena (Mage Knight) - Finish the tower three times (carries Bolting, Elfire, and Recover)
Ruins[edit | edit source]
- Glen (Wyvern Lord) - Finish floor 5 (Carries a Silver Sword, Silver Lance, and Blue Gem)
- Valter (Wyvern Knight) - Finish floor 7 (Carries a Silver Lance, Spear, and Fili Shield)
- Hayden (Ranger) - Defeat 200 or more enemies in the same ruins run (Carries a Silver Bow, Silver Sword, and White Gem)
- Fado (General) - Finish the ruins once
- Lyon (Necromancer) - Finish the ruins three times (carries Naglfar and a second Hammerne)