Cyril was born in western Almyra. He lost his parents in one of the constant battles between Almyra and Fódlan, and came to serve in the Almyran army before being captured by soldiers of House Goneril and made a servant of the family. Eventually, he was noticed by Archbishop Rhea, who took him in as a servant at Garreg Mach Monastery.
Cyril is deeply grateful to Rhea for saving him from his life as a war orphan. He takes his duties at the Monastery very seriously. Wanting to be useful to Rhea, he has Shamir teach him the basics of archery.
Cyril is a very hard worker and takes his work seriously to the point that he is prone to seeming cold to others. He wants to be useful to the people he feels gratitude towards.
|Magic||Combat Arts||Abilities||Starting Items|
Subjective: The following part of this article is subjective to the editor's writing. Therefore, it may not work for everyone.
Given his skill levels, Cyril will have easy access to the Soldier class family (Soldier, Cavalier, Paladin) and the Fighter class family (Fighter, Brigand, Archer, Warrior, Wyvern Rider, Sniper, Wyvern Lord, Bow Knight).
Cyril starts off weaker than other characters, but easily makes up for it with his personal skill, Aptitude, which gives him much higher growth rates. In particular, he will have excellent growths in health, dexterity, speed, and luck, with above-average strength. His magic, defense, resistance and charm growths aren't as impressive, but still acceptable, though his weaknesses in both Reason and Faith mean he should generally not be promoted to any magical classes.
Cyril's wide array of skill strengths give him a great set of classes to choose from. Sending him along the path toward Great Knight can be strong due to his strengths in Axes, Lances and Riding, but he'll be left competing with other cavalry-specialized characters such as Ferdinand, Sylvain, and Leonie. The same can be said for making him a Bow Knight; he'll do well at it, but faces competition from other archers.
One good way to make use of him is to promote him to Brigand, then Wyvern Rider and then Wyvern Lord, taking advantage of his strengths in Flying, Axe and Lance. Thanks to his stats, he'll be able to dish out huge amounts of damage, especially if he obtains Death Blow while as a Brigand. Since there aren't a large number of other good Flying candidates, it makes sense for Cyril to fill in said niche.
- Byleth (S-Support with female Byleth)
Possible Endings Edit
"Just a minute! The following section contains spoilers, viewing it will cost a lot. Are you prepared to pay for it?"
Cyril - Limitless Potential
- Unable to serve Rhea any longer, Cyril nearly left the church. He was persuaded to stay, however, to assist in rebuilding the monastery he had helped maintain. Thanks to his devoted work ethic, the Officers Academy was able to reopen a few years later. When the new students took the reception hall, Cyril found himself among them.
Cyril and Shamir
- Shortly after the war, Shamir and Cyril disappeared from the ranks. The Knights of Seiros searched unsuccessfully for them for some time, but finally resigned themselves to the loss. Though the pair was never officially heard from again, rumors swirled persistently for years of two master archers turned thieves. Initially the knights received complaints and investigated, but when it was discovered that the pair only lined their pockets by shaking down those who preyed upon the innocent, they decided it was not an investigation worth pursuing. The thieves' story became a folktale beloved by the people.
Cyril and Lysithea
- Lysithea returned home to help her parents restore their family land. Years later, when their work was at an end, she journeyed to Garreg Mach to inform the church of her decision to relinquish House Ordelia's claim to nobility. There she encountered Cyril, who had since graduated from the Officers Academy and joined the Knights of Seiros. During their reunion, Cyril confessed his love to Lysithea and asked her to marry him. She declined, at first, due to her shortened lifespan, but in the face of Cyril's insistence, she chose to spend what days she had remaining together with him. Where they went is unknown, but it is said that, for however long it lasted, they were happy.
Cyril and Petra
- Petra returned to her homeland of Brigid, and inherited the throne from her grandfather. As ruler, she declared independence from Fódlan and renegotiated Brigid's diplomatic relationships on more equal terms. Some years later, the Church of Seiros expanded its reach to Nuvelle, a town in western Fódlan. The priest sent to this new church, for the purpose of keeping up relations with Brigid, was none other than Cyril. He and Petra met frequently, first for public relations, and then for more private reasons. They fell in love, and were ultimately wed. It is said that their union served as a symbol for the friendly ties between the two countries for the whole of their lives.
Cyril (also Cyrillus or Cyryl) is a masculine given name. It is derived from the Greek name Κύριλλος (Kýrillos) meaning "Lordly, Masterful", which in turn derives from Greek κυριος (kýrios) "lord".
- Cyril shares his Japanese voice actor, Kengo Kawanishi, with Fates' Siegbert.
- Cyril is the only playable character from the Church of Serios that has two different portraits in the pre and post time skip.
- In his C-support with Lysithea, he reveals that he is illiterate. This explains why his Advice Box notes are only drawings.