Commonly elite members of evil cults such as the Loptyrian Cult and the Gerxel Church in the Jugdral Series and TearRing Saga: Utna Heroes Saga respectively, Dark Bishops are outfitted with Dark magic, Anima magic and Staves and are the powerful counterparts to Dark Mages.
History in the SeriesEdit
In their original inception in Genealogy of the Holy War, the Dark Bishop class commonly appears armed with potentially lethal tomes like Fenrir and Hel and status-inflicting Staves like Berserk and Sleep, posing as tremendous threats to all who come within range of their attacks. They can use A-Rank Dark and Anima magic and Staff weapons. Dark Bishops have the Pursuit skill, high stats, including Defense and HP, they essentially are the dark magic counterpart to the Sage class.
Dark Bishops in Thracia 776 are again an enemy class with very powerful stats and access to dangerous magic.
In TearRing Saga: Utna Heroes Saga, the Dark Bishop (あんこくしさい Ankoku shisai) similarly manifests as a dangerous adversary armed with nefarious spells that are capable of inflicting vast amounts of damage to all who enter their range of attack. They are one of two common classes capable of using both offensive magic and staves, the other being the Bishop.
In TearRing Saga: Berwick Saga, the class is known Raze Bishop, where it is once again an enemy-only class. In contrast to its other appearances, the class is not used by generic enemies and minor bosses but is instead shared by the four archbishops of the Raze Church. They cannot use staves (as they do not exist in Berwick Saga) but can use dark magic to heal and inflict status effects. Raze Bishops have a Dark skill cap of 60, the highest in the game, they will receive a bonus to their critical rate accumulative for weapon rank points over 50. Their two signature spells are Tomaharn (a devastating magic attack that also drains experience points and even levels) and Berserk, which in conjunction with their high stats, makes them very dangerous opponents.
Dark Bishops make their playable debut in Fire Emblem: Three Houses, utilizing their Reason magic to deal damage to enemies.
|FE4||40||0||15||10||10||0||10||12||5||-||-||A A A A A|
|FE5||30||0||9||6||6||0||6||-||6||5||-||E E E A A|
|FE4||80||15||30||25||25||30||25||27||5||-||-||A A A A A|
|FE5||80||20||20||20||20||20||20||-||20||20||-||A A A A A|
Notable Dark BishopsEdit
- Manfroy - Leader of the Loptyrian Cult who wishes to revive the Loptyrian Empire.
- Kutuzov - Loptyrian bishop presiding over the Yied Shrine; he wields the Fenrir tome.
- Judah - Loptyrian priest sent to Thracia as part of its alliance with Grannvale.
- Morigan - Loptyrian bishop in Miletos' Rados Castle who is charged with carrying out the Child Hunts.
- Zagam - Loptyrian bishop serving under Manfroy.
- Yupheel - Loptyrian bishop serving under Manfroy.
- Daggon - Loptyrian bishop serving under Julius.
- Baran - Loptyrian bishop serving under Julius.
- Gallus - One of the twelve Deadlords serving under Julius.
- Veld - High ranking Loptyrian bishop with manipulations in Thracia and the Manster District; wields the unique Stone tome.
- Codda - Loptyrian priest who pursues Leif and his forces as they flee Tahra.
- Mua - Loptyrian priest stationed in Leonster.
- Rinecok - Loptyrian bishop stationed in the Melfiye monastery; he wields the Berserk.
- Alfan - Loptyrian priest stationed in Manster.
- Dagon - Cruel bishop of the Gerxel Church.
- Solon - Member of the Those Who Slither in the Dark. His methods are extremely dark and brutal.
- Hubert - Future head of the Marquisate of Vestra and Edelgard's loyal retainer.
- The character Galle is referred to as a Dark Bishop, but as he is a part of the back story and is never seen, it is unknown if this is his class or just a title.
- Despite the word bishop being in the class's name, Dark Bishop is in the mage category, rather then the priest category in TearRing Saga: Utna Heroes Saga.