Defending Talrega is Chapter 20 of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. In this chapter, the Greil Mercenaries and their allies must move to take the floodgates on a major river in Talrega. The Daein forces have, on Petrine's orders, opened the gates and flooded the valley below. Wishing to avert a crisis, Ike and the company tackle the Daein forces there. They are led by Shiharam, Jill's father and Haar's commander. Shiharam hates the tactics Petrine forces him to use but knows he has no option but to fight. However, he insists that Haar not participate in the battle, because Shiharam knows he will die, and wants Haar to look after the survivors and the families of the fallen. Haar obeys his commander's wishes and departs, leaving Shiharam to fight. True to what he felt before, Shiharam does not survive the battle. He confronts Ike's forces and receives an honorable battle, and an honorable end. At the end of the chapter, Haar notes that there were very few survivors from Shiharam's soldiers. He then decides he will exact vengeance on Petrine, who he blames for Shiharam's death.
- If Jill talks to Shiharam (her father) in any mode except easy she will rejoin the enemy, you can re-recruit her if she has at least a B-support with Mist by talking to her with the character, but it's more advisable just to keep her away from him.
- 2 Wyvern Riders appear at the bottom right at the end of turn 2.
- 2 Wyvern Riders appear at the top right at the end of turn 2.
- 1 Mage and 1 Sage appear by the top house at the end of turn 6.
- 2 Wyvern Riders appear at the top at the end of turn 6.
- 1 Knight at the bottom right house at the end of turn 4.
- 1 Knight at the bottom right house at the end of turn 10 (not at easy mode).
- 3 Wyvern Riders at the top left at the end of turn 7.
- 3 Wyvern Riders at the top left at the end of turn 9.
|Reyson||*||Reyson is alive||-|
- Clear in 10 Turns: Easy: 600 (-45 for every turn after 10) Normal/Hard: 400 (-30 for every turn after 10) Maniac: 200 (-15 for every turn after 10)
- Clear bonus Easy: 225 Normal/Hard: 150