—Dorcas in a support conversation with Geitz
Originally a mercenary working for a group of bandits Lyn and her friends are fighting, Dorcas defects to Lyn after learning that she is protecting his wife Natalie from the very same people he is working for. When asked why he is working as a mercenary, he responds that is only doing so to earn money for his injured wife's treatments. Resolving to aid Lyn on her journey to Caelin, Dorcas helps her to defeat Lundgren. Following this, Dorcas returns home to Natalie, where he finds work as a mercenary fighting to protect the area from bandits.
Eliwood and Hector's StoryEdit
Later in Chapter 11 of Eliwood's story, Dorcas lends his aid to Eliwood's party along with his rival and friend, Bartre. In Hector's mode, the pair join when Eliwood's party is encountered in Chapter 12.
On encountering Lyn in Chapter 15E/16H, Dorcas reveals that some time after Lyn's group had defeated Lundgren, he and Natalie had moved to Lycia and settled down in Pherae, where Natalie remains, awaiting Dorcas's return.
At the end of this journey, Dorcas earns the money he needs and returns home to Natalie. Here, he unhesitatingly pays for her medical treatments, thereafter living out the rest of his life in peace with her.
Dorcas is a reserved man, contrasting starkly to the more brash and headstrong Bartre. Despite this, Dorcas is known to love his wife, Natalie, dearly, willing to go to to any lengths necessary to obtain the money to treat her ailment, even resorting to banditry.
Dorcas has also been portrayed to avoid taking charity from anyone, choosing to earn his keep by his own means. This is exemplified through him declining Bartre's offer to try and get a raise from Eliwood. Similarly, he refuses to accept money that Farina tries to lend him.
Description: A man from a small village in Bern. Fights for his wife.
- In Chapter Four of Lyn's Story, have Lyndis talk to him. If the player fails to do this, Dorcas will automatically join if he survives the chapter.
- In Chapter Eleven of Eliwood’s Story, Dorcas automatically joins at the start of turn 2.
- In Chapter Twelve of Hector’s Story, Dorcas automatically joins from the start.
Axe - C
*- Lyn's Story.
**- Eliwood's Story.
***- Hector's Story.
|Item Required||Promoted Class|
|Hero Crest or Earth Seal||Warrior|
- See also: Dorcas/Supports
Subjective: The following part of this article is subjective to the editor's writing. Therefore, it may not work for everyone.
With his large amount of strength, HP, and unusually decent luck and skill, Dorcas can overcome his lacking defense. The most noticeable flaws are his low resistance, which is common among heavier units and his abysmal speed. Thankfully, Dorcas starts with a decent speed stat for his level,and most of the generic enemies in his game have low speed. Nomads, Myrmidons, and Mercenaries can routinely double him, but Dorcas should not be engaging Myrmidons and Mercenaries to begin with. In Hector's Hard Mode campaign, most promoted units will be capable of doubling Dorcas, so players may want to consider using Geitz or even forgoing non-Hector axe users altogether. Dorcas does have many defensive supports, so he can make up for his low avoid with a good support partners, Bartre or Oswin, who have enough HP to fight alongside him on the frontlines, although if you are moving at any pace that isn't slow, you will not see these supports till the Mid to Late game.
- Serene Warrior
- A mercenary trying to earn money for his ill wife's treatment. Doesn't talk much and isn't expressive, but loves his family dearly. Appears in Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade.
- Pumpkin Smasher
- A mercenary trying to earn money for his ill wife's treatment. He'd like to bring her back some treats. Appears in Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade.
|A||Fierce Stance 1||-||-|
|Sturdy Stance 1||Fierce Stance 1||-|
|Sturdy Stance 2||Sturdy Stance 1|
|B||Wary Fighter 1||-||-|
|Wary Fighter 2||Wary Fighter 1||-|
|Wary Fighter 3||Wary Fighter 2|
Lyn: You! Tell me, are you Dorcas?
Dorcas: ...... How do you know my name?
Lyn: Natalie told me. What are you doing with these rogues?
Dorcas: I need money...
Lyn: That may be, but... joining up with mercenaries?
Dorcas: It's the only way to earn gold in these parts. I'll do anything... even this.
Lyn: For gold? Anything? Would you hurt your wife? Natalie is here! We're protecting her within this fortress!!
Dorcas: What!? Natalie's... She's here?
Lyn: She was so worried that she came looking for you. Think, Dorcas! Would your actions please your wife?
Dorcas: ...... ..You're right.
Dorcas: I understand. I can't do this. I'm done with these bandits. Here and now.
Dorcas: Yes... And I would repay you for your kindness toward Natalie. Allow me to fight for you.
Defeat quote in Lyn's storyEdit
Dorcas - Fighter of Bern
Once Lyn's true heritage is recognized in Caelin, Dorcas returns to his home in Bern. There he cares for his wife and makes a good living as a mercenary, fighting the local bandits.
After taking injuries in combat, Dorcas returns to Bern to tend to his wife. He never sees Lyn again.
Dorcas - Serene Warrior
Dorcas returned to Pherae and used the money to buy medicine for Natalie, his wife. She recovers quickly.
Dorcas is illustrated in the trading card game Fire Emblem Cipher with the following cards:
- Dorcas appears in an American ad for The Blazing Blade, as the speaker poisons Dorcas' mutton, and he dies after eating it.
- In the English version of Fire Emblem Heroes, one of Dorcas' quotes has him claiming that he "had some bad mutton earlier", alluding to the scene in the commercial.
- Additionally, he has a fourth select quote: "Trust nobody", referencing to the commercial's tag line "Build an army, trust nobody."
- The line itself have become somewhat of an inside joke within the Fire Emblem community.
- Humorously, Dorcas will attack Natalie while he is still an enemy unit (only possible on Lyn's Hard mode), thus resulting in a game over.
- Despite Dorcas' credits quote (if he was defeated in Lyn's story) saying that he never saw her again, he does meet her again if he doesn't die in Eliwood's story before Lyn is recruited.
- Dorcas came in 12th place for males in the 2017 Fire Emblem Heroes Choose Your Legends popularity poll. He came in 21st place for overall votes.
- Dorcas shares his English voice actor, Kirk Thornton, with Yen'fay in Fire Emblem Awakening and Surtr in Fire Emblem Heroes.
Dorcas (originally a girl's name) is pronounced DOR-kuss. It is of Greek origin, and its meaning is "gazelle", or "deer". Dorcas was a disciple of Joppa found in the Book of Acts 9:36–42 of the Bible. She was a dressmaker who made clothes for the poor in her village. She later died of an illness; however, she was brought back to life upon Peter's prayer.