Dozel is one of the six dukedoms of the Kingdom of Grannvale in Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War and Fire Emblem: Thracia 776. It was founded by Nál, the Warrior, and ruled by Lombard and Brian (in the first and second generations respectively).
The Holy Axe Helswath is passed down the Dozel family. Their knights squadron is known as Grau Ritter and it is led by Danann during the end of the first generation, and led by Brian in the second generation. The Helswath is used by Lombard and Brian during the game, although Danann has the potential to use it, but he doesn't.
During the second generation, most of the royal family, with the exception of Brian who remains in Grannvale, is in Isaach controlling the Grannvalean occupation forces situated there.
After the end of the second generation, Lex's son/daughter becomes the ruler of Dozel if Lex was paired, otherwise Iuchar/Iucharba takes the throne. If there are no options, then Seliph rules Dozel from Belhalla.
Notable citizens of Dozel
- Lombard - Duke of Dozel in the first generation
- Danann - Lombard's eldest son, half-brother of Lex, commander of the Grau Ritter in the first generation, and King of Isaach under the Grannvale Empire.
- Lex - The second son of Duke Lombard and half-brother of Danann who joins the army under Sigurd's command along with his friend Azelle.
- Brian - Danann's eldest son, Duke of Dozel in the second generation, and commander of the Grau Ritter after the rise of the Grannvale Empire.
- Iuchar - Danann's younger son
- Iucharba - Danann's youngest son
- Slayder - A General of Dozel during the first generation
- Harold - A General of Dozel and Danann's confidant, rules Ganeishire Castle.
- Schmidt - A General of Dozel during the second generation.
- Fisher - A general of Dozel under Brian.