Edda is one of the six dukedoms of the Kingdom of Grannvale in Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War and Fire Emblem: Thracia 776. It was founded by Bragi, the Archbishop, and ruled by Duke Claud during the first generation.
The Holy Staff Valkyrie is passed down the Edda family, but it seems to be kept at the Bragi Tower. It is possible that they have a knight squadron, consisting of Bishops and High Priests due to the squad of enemy units that mobilize in front of the castle, albeit unlikely.
After the end of the second generation, Claud's son/daughter becomes the ruler of Edda if Claud was paired, If there are no options, then Seliph rules Edda from Belhalla.
Notable citizens of Edda[edit | edit source]
- Claud - Duke and Bishop of Edda
- Sylvia - A traveling dancer and descendant of the high priest Bragi who looks sweet, but doesn't necessarily act that way. Rumored to be either Claud's long lost sister or his distant cousin.
- Coirpre - Younger son of Sylvia.
- Lene - The eldest daughter of Sylvia who understands how the world works, but doesn't let it get her down.
- Sleuf - Priest of Bragi and the "Eyes of Claud".
Etymology[edit | edit source]
Derived from the Poetic Edda and Prose Edda, the most important extant sources on Norse mythology.