History in the SeriesEdit
In its original inception in Mystery of the Emblem, the Emperor class is the personal class of Hardin when he has assumed position as overlord of Archanea in Book 2. This version of the class arms Lances as its sole weapon of choice.
In Genealogy of the Holy War, the Emperor class is considered to be the ultimate foot-based class, owing to the statistical prowess that they display across the board and the fact that they have access to almost every single type of equipment available in the game. This version of the class is outfitted with Swords, Lances, Axes, Bows, all types of Anima magic and Staves, and is even imbued with the Charm and Great Shield skills.
The class is absent in Thracia 776, although unused data for it exists within the game. Unusually, the Emperor class cannot use magic in this title.
The King class that appears in The Binding Blade is notably similar to the Emperor class. The main difference between the two lies in the fact that while Emperors can always wield Lances in all titles that they appear in, the King class is confined to the usage of Swords.
In New Mystery of the Emblem, the remake of Book 2 of Mystery of the Emblem, the Emperor class is similarly the personal class of Hardin and wields Lances as its sole weapon of choice. Its design is completely re-hauled into one that is reminiscent of the King class appearing in The Binding Blade.
In Fire Emblem: Three Houses, the class makes its playable debut as the Master-rank Unique Lord promotion for Edelgard. In Japan, the class is called Kaiserin (カイゼリン, Kaizerin) as a nod to Edelgard's gender. The class becomes available through story progression. The class has proficiency in Axes, Heavy Armor, and Authority.
|FE4||45||15||15||15||15||0||15||15||5||-||-||A A A A A A A A|
|FE5||26||7||1||5||2||0||12||-||5||5||-||E E E E|
|FE4||80||30||30||30||30||30||30||30||5||-||-||A A A A A A A A|
|FE5||80||20||20||20||20||20||20||-||20||20||-||A A A A|
|FE4||Charisma||Class skill of the Emperor, Princess and Queen classes.|
- Hardin - Emperor of the Holy Empire of Archanea and former prince of Aurelis, who was known as the Dark Emperor due to his bloody reign.
- Arvis - First Emperor of Grannvale and head of House Velthomer.
- Zeus - Arena Enemy in the Final Chapter.
- Edelgard - Daughter and successor of Ionius IX whose steadfast ambition is veiled by her elegant, self-confident demeanor.
- The Emperor class is depicted with a scythe in two pieces of official artwork, despite scythes not being an available weapon in their games.
- Emperors are the only class in Genealogy of the Holy War to have a Strength cap that exceeds 27.
- In the Japanese version of Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, the Empress class shares its Japanese name with the Emperor class. While the two classes are mostly unrelated, the Empress class specializes in Fire magic, as Arvis did in Genealogy of the Holy War.
- Emperors are the only Lance-wielding class in New Mystery of the Emblem to have a double attack animation.
- Edelgard's Emperor outfit contains details previously seen in her outfit as the Flame Emperor class, most notably the feathers along the shoulders.