Not to be confused with Fargus
Fergus is a playable character from Fire Emblem: Thracia 776. He is a mercenary of mysterious origins, with rumours claiming that his father is Beowolf and his mother a Conote noble. Because of his ability to wield the Bragi Sword, his mother must have been a Holy Blood bearer. If his mother is a noble of Conote then he may be a descendant of Njörun.
Before Thracia 776
Locked up in the same cell as Leif and Karin in Chapter 4, Fergus strikes up conversation with the prince and befriends him. When the Magi Squad later breaks into the dungeon to rescue Leif, Fergus and Karin flee with him, thereafter joining the Freeblades of Fiana.
Fergus then goes on to continue supporting Leif in his cause to liberate Northern Thracia from the Grannvale Empire. He disappears without a trace thereafter, leaving nothing but a trail of rumors that can neither be confirmed nor disconfirmed in his wake.
Although Fergus has a strong sense of justice, he is also portrayed to be reckless at the same time, as he resorts to physical violence in response to seeing Karin harassed by soldiers from Munster.
Despite his recklessness, Fergus adopts a carefree, placid attitude on the whole, a fact that sees him being able to casually take a nap even while being imprisoned. He is also a bit of a flirt, cheekily asking Karin if she is attracted to him when she comments that everyone has their fine points.
|4||Player||Automatically from the start|
|-||Sword - C(30)||-|
|Item Required||Promoted Class|
- Supports give a bonus to Hit, Critical, Avoid, and Dodge
- Supporting characters must be within a three tile radius for the support to come into effect
Subjective: The following part of this article is based upon the editor's personal experiences and opinions, and therefore may not be applicable for all readers.
Fergus is a powerful unit throughout the course of Thracia 776. In the beginning and middle sections of the game, he can hold his own well, as his high Follow-up Critical Multiplier of 5 allows him to obliterate enemies with critical attacks should he land a second strike.
Fergus shares a mutual support with another important unit, Karin. This support works to further increase his Hit Rate, Avoid and critical hit chance, and is especially useful in the early sections of the game.
Fergus' strengths are offset by his low Speed, which could prevent him from performing a follow-up attack against some units if his Speed is not high enough. He will thus benefit the most from the Ced Scroll, which will marginally help remedy his Speed growth.
Fergus - The Free Knight (きままな自由騎士 Kimamana jiyū kishi)
- "After the fighting was all over, Fergus vanished almost immediately. Was he an illegitimate son of the legendary knight Beowulf? A long-lost prince of the Conote royal family? Rumors persist about this mysterious figure, but with Fergus gone, the truth has been lost forever."
—Fergus's death quote in Thracia 776.
—Fergus's escape quote in Thracia 776
Fergus is illustrated in the trading card game with the following cards:
Choose Your Legends Placement History
|CYL3 saw the transition to different counting mechanisms involving versions of characters and ties, so change measured between CYL2 and CYL3 shouldn't be taken at face value.|
Fergus is an Irish, Manx and Scottish name meaning "man strength" or "virility". Likely from Fergus mac Róich of the Ulster Cycle.
- Just like Nanna, Fergus was stated to be Beowulf's child in early versions of Nintendo's official website. The identity of his father was then concealed.
- On this note, Fergus is one of two characters in Thracia 776 who can wield the Beo Sword, with the other being Diarmuid. Although not overtly confirmed, this strongly hints that Beowulf is Fergus’ father.
- See main article: Fergus/Gallery.