Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light manga is the manga adaptation of Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light.
This manga is written and illustrated by Maki Hakoda, and it was published from 1994 to 1999 by Enix. It reaches from Chapters 1 to 17 of the game, and it has 12 volumes.
- Author: Maki Hakoda
- Illustrator: Maki Hakoda
- Publisher: Enix
- Release: January 27, 1994 - March 27, 1999 (Japan)
- Volumes (ISBN):
- Vol. 1: 4-87025-503-0 (January 27, 1994)
- Vol. 2: 4-87025-509-X (May 27, 1994)
- Vol. 3: 4-87025-522-7 (October 27, 1994)
- Vol. 4: 4-87025-534-0 (March 27, 1995)
- Vol. 5: 4-87025-544-8 (August 27, 1995)
- Vol. 6: 4-87025-544-5 (January 27, 1996)
- Vol. 7: 4-87025-566-9 (August 27, 1996)
- Vol. 8: 4-87025-573-1 (January 27, 1997)
- Vol. 9: 4-87025-584-7 (July 27, 1997)
- Vol. 10: 4-87025-598-7 (January 27, 1998)
- Vol. 11: 4-87025-375-5 (October 27, 1998)
- Vol. 12: 4-87025-598-7 (January 27, 1999)
Differences from the Game
- Cornelius's death was shown in the manga to be the work of Gharnef, but while the game is ambigious as to who kiled him, with both Camus and the forces of Gra being credited with it at different points.
- Ogma appeared in Map 1 in Talys and he did fight along with Marth against the Galder Pirates in Talys, but in the games, he wasn't shown until Chapter 2: The Pirates of Galder.
- Liza and Ludwik appeared in the manga.
- Characters from the game such as Wrys, Darros, Jake, Beck, Arran, and Samson were not shown in the manga.
- Gazzak and Gomer were written out of the manga and got replaced by a mercenary-type leader that was wielding a sword instead of an axe.
- Luthier from Fire Emblem Gaiden appears in the manga adaption and Merric and Luthier already knew each other sometime before the beginning of the manga and Luthier came to visited in Khadein and he watched Merric to do his thunder spell.
- Michalis gets an extended screentime throughout the manga and is set up as a major adversary for Marth.