Can you announce the winner yet?
I thought we were going by a monthly system. Ultimateria 15:08, 14 July 2008 (UTC)
So at the end of the month then? Fine with me.--Otherarrow 19:46, 14 July 2008 (UTC)
Can we add for nominations?--Inferuno Ryuu 20:39, 28 February 2009 (UTC)
- Yes.--Otherarrow 21:00, 28 February 2009 (UTC)
Come on, Guys![edit source]
We had only one nomination and one supporter last month. Let's get some action here!!! ThunderCavalier 01:06, 3 March 2009 (UTC)
Archive Previous Nominations?[edit source]
The section will only get bigger do you think we should move it to its own page?
- That sounds like a good idea. Also, although we have only 3 votes, this current one is way overdo.--Otherarrow 21:07, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
eh, when is the next featured article coming out?[edit source]
is it by month or year? And btw we must edit the page in order to vote right? airheadsrock 4.54pm, 15 Feb 2009
We're getting going[edit source]
It looks like I'll be more or less handling the featured articles now so things will advance at a quicker pace! I'm new at this so tell me if you have any suggestions or complaints as to my methods. Thank you all!
C13g3 ---Talk Page-01:34, June 28, 2010 (UTC)
Well written[edit source]
People keep skipping that particular part of the guidelines and vote for the articles because they like the character, or think the feature is cool. (To this day, I am sure that Ewan, during the time it was featured, had the lowest quality of any featured article. It won because Ewan was popular. The article itself was, and still is, average at best.) Featured articles should be featured because they are some of the Wiki's better articles, not because the voters thought what it was about happened to be cool. The question I ask is, should we enforce the "well written" guideline, and if so, how?--Otherarrow 23:01, August 6, 2010 (UTC)
The only one that has a plausible thesis is the maria article and I'm not just saying that because i wrote it, My article is the only one without any favoratism within in, and I don't even kno why the criticle hit article is still up, the nominee'er put there because he thought it saved alot of people, I wish I could smack some sense into most of these people, or put WELL WRITTEN in all caps and bold letters.– The preceding unsigned comment was added by Bowserclass (talk • contribs).
So umm...[edit source]
How do I vote? Satria Hitam 13:00, March 29, 2011 (UTC)
- You just put your comments and reasons under whoever you want to vote for. If they are not there, you can make a new header.--Otherarrow 13:22, March 29, 2011 (UTC)
How long?[edit source]
- We try to do it by month, but we aren't always on the mark, mostly due to lack of votes favoring one winner by the time the month changes, or just the people who update it just forgetting about it. Don't worry.--Otherarrow 18:35, May 23, 2011 (UTC)
Potienual redoing.[edit source]
Aveyn Knight's comment on the recent voting has made me realize something. The rules need to be updated to take votes against a nomination into account, among other things. Here is my proposed rule list revamp:
- For each vote under a nomination, be sure to put either For, if you second the nomination, or Against, if you oppose the nomination, at the beginning of your vote! The Total will be calculated as Votes For subtracted by Votes Against.
- Sign your votes with four tildes (~) and you have to be logged in to a wikia account, no IP users please
- You may only nominate/vote For a nomination once. However you can choose to vote Against any nomination, as long as you give your reasoning.
- Use the bullet editing (*) to separate votes.
- Remember that featured articles are supposed to be chosen for how well written the article is, not how much you like the character/concept.
- An article cannot be featured more than once.
- The featured article will be set to be changed on the first of every month, though this may not always be possible for various reasons. If there is an equality of votes, than the admin in charge of the featured article will add a tiebreaker vote, and that article will be featured.
Any thoughts?--Otherarrow 19:41, July 30, 2011 (UTC)
- Maybe add #8, I think we should add ====Comments==== under in the Vote for the next one if we, I seen some other wikis do that, example like: Nintendo of America changed Katarina's name. (see here), 8 votes for Ike, Marth is in the league, 8 votes for 1 day, Wow, or something else and add four tildes (~). -- King Marth 64 (talk • other wikis • blogs) http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k576/DigiPen92/25px-Marthsprite.gif http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k576/DigiPen92/Luigidance.gif 03:26, August 1, 2011 (UTC)
Protect this Page?[edit source]
Since IPs aren't allowed to make nominations, then why not protect this page from IPs? --126.96.36.199 21:53, April 24, 2012 (UTC)
It seems logical to do that, but I don't know why either administrator hasn't done such transaction. --Thenewguy34 10:18, May 5, 2012 (UTC)