Participate in the fishing tournament and try to catch a rare one-- It may be the one Flayn's after.
Use the tournament bait to catch the fish that Flayn wants to eat. You can also talk to other participants to compare the sizes of fish you caught.
Flayn is hosting a Fishing Tournament and wants a specific fish. The player is given 50 Tournament Bait to accomplish this. It is not necessary to use every piece of tournament bait to win.
Other monastery staff and students are also participating and have caught fish by the time Byleth enters the tournament. To win the tournament, Byleth must catch a Teutates Herring and present it to Flayn. They can be caught from a Red or Yellow Fish Shadow.
Prior to giving Flayn the herring, Byleth can speak to the other tournament participants and compare the size of the largest fish they've caught with the participants' fish. Byleth will gain items from the participants if their fish is larger. Comparing fish sizes does not remove them from the inventory.
"Welcome to the fishing tournament. If you catch the type of fish that Flayn asks for, you might win a prize. Participate if you want. It's really not my concern."
"The fishing tournament is over. Flayn seems overjoyed, and I'm certain that pleased Seteth as well."
The quest is given by Shamir at the Monastery Fishing Spot.
- During the tournament, Fishing for Fódlan Carps of varying sizes will result in prizes.
- Ashe: Show him a fish of 3 stars of higher and he'll give Byleth a Vulnerary.
- Ignatz: Show him a fish of 2 stars or higher and he'll give Byleth a Vulnerary.
- Ingrid: Show her a fish of 2 stars or higher and she'll give Byleth a Tomato.
- Raphael: Show him a fish of 4 stars or higher and he'll give Byleth a Wild Game.
- Caspar: Show him a fish of 2 stars or higher and he'll give Byleth an Iron Axe.
- Petra: Show her a fish of 3 stars or higher and she'll give Byleth an Iron Sword.
- Catherine: Show her a fish of 4 stars or higher and she'll give Byleth a Steel Sword.
- Flayn: Show her a Teutates Herring and she will take it, ending the quest.