Defending Ylisse Edit
- Libra: "Are you certain, Sumia?! Unknown forces have set fire to a village and are marching to this tower next?!"
- Sumia: "Yes! I can see it from atop my pegasus. They're heading this way now!"
- Olivia: "Oh no... We're about to face another battle, aren't we?"
- Maribelle: "Judging by the direction they're heading... Do you suppose their goal is the village near this tower? I shall not allow them to do as they please within the borders of Ylisse. We must intercept them at once."
- Sumia: "But their numbers are far greater than ours. If we face them head-on..."
- Anna: "You'll be just fine... Because we're here to lend a hand!"
- Olivia: "Huh? Who are you?"
- Alfonse: "We are the Order of Heroes, of Askr."
- Sharena: "Like the enemies who march this way, we come from... Well, we're from another world. It's a long story."
- Libra: "If you're here to help, it matters not where you're from. We thank you for your aid."
- Anna: "Just leave it to us. Our numbers may be a few, but we pack a punch! Not to mention our legendary Kiran. You can count on us!"
- Libra: "I sent a request for reinforcements to Lord Chrom back in the capital. With our current strength, I'm afraid Sumia is correct... If we attack head-on, we'll be crushed. Therefore, we must focus our efforts on evacuating the villagers. We must buy as much time as possible while we wait for reinforcements."
- Maribelle: "I agree. Furthermore, I am certain we will be able to buy the time required."
- Olivia: "If it will help protect the people of this village, then I'll... I'll do what I can!"
Special Conversations - C Edit
- Olivia: "You never cease to impress me, Summoner. You're always so confident in battle, the way you know just what orders to issue. You never miss a beat! Even outside of battle, everyone looks up to you. You always know just what to say to rally the troops. I've always been shy so I really admire people with your confidence... And I...I think that I want to become someone as confident as you. But for some reason...it's just so hard! Oh, I'm Sorry to bring this up out of nowhere. Please, just forget I said anything. I-I'll do my best in the next battle. I promise!"
- Sumia: "Oh no, it happened again... How do I manage to lose such essential equipment mid-inspection? Oh, umm... Did you...happen to see that? I really wish you hadn't, Summoner... Sometimes it feels like I fail at almost everything I try. Even basic tasks are often beyond my grasp. And when I do succeed... Well... I longed to be a pegasus knight, but I had no pegasus of my own. Until one day, I just happened to find her... And just like that, I was able to fulfill my dream. So sometimes I feel like I only succeed because I'm lucky. Though, I know I can't always rely on being lucky. If I don't try my very best, then... Then... W-well, anyway... I'll go look for the equipment I lost. I need to hurry before the next battle!"
- Maribelle: "I will simply not allow it! To march so brazenly into the land of Ylisse is the absolute height of inelegance! I care not that they're invaders from another world... Just that they get the thrashing they deserve as recompense for this indiscretion! They must think it their right to trample the weak and ruin what's already a mundane existence... And all in the name of some petty ambition! The nerve. I simply shall not forgive this gaggle of lowborn fools. Anyone who relies on such barbarism to thrive is naught but boorish oaf who must be punished. There is no reason for us to hold anything back against such rabble abusing their power. They must come to know their sins so that they might take a hard look at how properly live their lives! I shall rattle my parasol at them in utmost disapproval. And if they still refuse the message... Then a sound trouncing is in order. Now, let us move out at once!"
- Libra: "Ah, Summoner. Allow me to offer you some words of gratitude, if I may. If you had not come to help us, our defensive line would surely have been crushed, along with the village. Truly. Thank you for your help. That said, however... We stand on the precipice of a most violent war. Harming and plundering the innocent is against the will of the gods, and yet... Even when fighting in the name of peace, war leads to suffering that reaches far beyond the battlefield. Friend and foe alike, willing to lay down their lives... And friend and foe alike, some will be lost. Everyone who falls to battle leaves a family behind. And that sort of loss, that sadness, casts a long shadow. There are victims on all sides of war... Each life taken claimed as payment for victory. We must never forget those who paid that price for us."
Defending Ylisse - C Edit
- Libra: "Does everyone understand our orders? Our objective is to repel the enemy. If they retreat, do not pursue."
- Maribelle: "But if things continue as they are, we may well be able to push the enemy back even further. No?"
- Sumia: "We have some very capable backup now, so that maybe plausible."
- Anna: "Let's not get ahead of ourselves. We need to wait for Alfonse and Sharena to return with their scouting report."
- Olivia: "What is the enemy after exactly? The way they're burning the village as they attack... It's horrible."
- Sumia: "Could it be some grievance with Ylisse?"
- Anna: "I'm afraid I can't say... I don't know their affiliation or their ultimate goal. What I do know is that they appeared suddenly and without warning from another world... and began laying ruin to the people they happened upon.
- Olivia: "It's all so terrible..."
- Sharena: "Commander Anna! We've got trouble! The enemies we thought defeated have somehow recovered and recommenced their attack!"
- Alfonse: "They may have cast some type of magic upon themselves before coming to this world."
- Libra: "The defeated soldiers...have recovered? Could they be some manner Risen soldiers?"
- Anna: "Be careful, everyone... It looks like the real fight is about to begin!"
Special Conversations - B Edit
- Olivia: "I'm a...whole different person when I dance? What do you mean? Oh, you've been watching me dance? H-how embarassing! I don't like being watched. It's so... Oh... But perhaps your observation does ring true...to an extent... When I dance, I do feel like another version of myself. Like it brings out the best in me. I'm obviously not the most confident member of this army, and I'm especially shy around strangers... But the moment I take my first dance step, I feel like I become the heroine of my own fairy tale! Oh, but don't get me wrong. It's just a feeling! A small feeling... I know I'm not a real heroine or anything. Oh, please just forget I ever said anything. OK? How embarrassing..."
- Sumia: "Oh, Summoner! Thank you for your help earlier. For, um...helping me track down that lost equipment... Who knows what would have happened had you not been passing by. Just another lucky coincidence, huh? Hehe, I'd better thank the gods of luck! Coincidences like that make me really wonder sometimes... Such simple happenstance can lead to drastic changes in the course of one's life. Like when I met my pegasus... If we had never met, I may not even be here right now. Which means I would never have met you or the Order of Heroes. That one chance encounter changed my fate. It's awfully strange to think about such trivial things on such a grand scale, don't you think?"
- Maribelle: "In my former years, I believed that strength alone was required to subdue violence and protect people. That is why I began training. I wished to aid Lissa and Chrom in service to the Shepherds. However...without a heart to back your strength, it will be indiscernible from common violence. Gaining strength and waving a weapon about in order to protect the weak is an art in itself. But who one truly needs to learn is compassion, affection, consideration, the willingness to become a shield. Every day I spend training sees this resolve instilled anew within me. And so I say to you...put a staff in my hand rather than a blade. Healing the wounded is as much a part of battle as felling your foes. Mending a wound has the power to protect just as well as the act of inflicting one."
- Libra: "So this is where you've been hiding yourself, Summoner. Thanks to the precision of your commands, we made it through yet another battle without casualties. This may not seem the most sensible comment from one who spends his days discerning friend from foe, but... I would like to reach out to those who call themselves our enemies. I wish to lend a helping hand to the wounded. I will not stand for the invasion of this country, nor will I allow innocents to come to harm through any means. However, those who admit their own wrongdoing should be offered a path back to the light. I believe that those who have been defeated are in the most dire need of our compassion. Victory may taste sweet to the victor, but we mustn't give up on those we had no choice but to defeat."
Defending Ylisse - B Edit
- Maribelle: "Has anyone sustained any injuries? If your wound is too deep for traditional medicine, please see me for healing."
- Anna: "This is bad... We're winning the battles, but our line of defense is still being pushed toward the village."
- Libra: "Summoner... Your precise orders all but ensure our survival, but we need to make up for this discrepancy in strength."
- Olivia: "If we can't, the village will fall before the capitol's reinforcements get here."
- Sumia: "We are all the villagers have to rely on. Victory will not come easy... But if we work together, we can do it!"
- Maribelle: "This is not the time for one of your flower fortunes, Sumia."
- Sumia: "It's not a flower fortune! Chrom has always counted on our ability to work as a team. He relies on us to combine our strength and win the day."
- Maribelle: "And we always do... That settles it. I shall allow these lawless thugs to do as they please no longer."
- Sharena: "Let's do everything we can! If we give it our all, I'm sure we'll emerge victorious!"
- Alfonse: "This is the turning point, everyone. Let's hold them off until reinforcements arrive!"
- Olivia: "Y-yes... Let's go!"
Special Conversations - A Edit
- Olivia: "You're always so relaxed off the battlefield, Summoner. You're so serious in the midst of combat yet so approachable when things are calm. I wonder... Just which version of Summoner is really you? Hehe, I'm only kidding... But I do wonder how you can issue commands with such confidence. Is it because you know everyone's lives are on the line? So you simply must be confident...for our sake! Oh? That's not it? Then it must be a strong sense of duty that allows you to act so boldly. The confidence I see in you every day...is perhaps the same confidence I've always wanted for myself. I want to learn more about how you can do the things you do...so that I might one day become just as strong."
- Sumia: "I've been thinking, Summoner... Even if an opportunity should appear as a matter of coincidence, it's still up to me to make an effort to grasp it. Before meeting my pegasus, I had trouble simply taking care of myself. However, once I became a pegasus knight, I found myself working much harder for her sake. I want to give strength to the people around me, and I think...that my strength comes from that desire... My desire to grow stronger for the sake of others was one such opportunity I grasped. An opportunity presented to me by the sheer happenstance of meeting her. I don't know if I can make the very most of all the chances presented to me, but... I think that if I just continue to put all of my effort into them...I might be able to come close."
- Maribelle: "The orders you issued in the most recent battle were simply brilliant, Summoner. You are truly the— Ahem... As they say, the "real deal" when it comes to strategy. You may not charge the front line, weapon held overhead, but your wits are as sharp as any blade. In fact, I see something of myself in you. I don't rush forward to strike with weapons or magic either. But healing the injured and supporting my allies are just as vital to any battle. Your intellect and my staff... They're quite different tools, but I believe they serve similar functions. We put them both to work in order to protect our allies, after all. I pride myself on supporting those important to me. And I'm sure you feel the same. When I see that relieved look upon your face, I know that everyone has made it back safely. Yes, I've come to understand you quite well!"
- Libra: "Would you mind if I spoke with you about something that happened long ago, Summoner? There was a time when I lost sight of what I believed in. I wanted to crush everything in the world. Until just yesterday, this lapse of faith had brought me shame... But now it brings me purpose. It had snatched the light from around me, and I felt as if I'd been dropped at the bottom of the blackest hole. Even my own future was shrouded in darkness. However, I soon met those with such a depth of compassion... They reached out to me and helped me reclaim my faith in this world. Yes, even a faithless wretch such as I once was, plunged so deeply into the darkness, can walk back into the light. All it takes is the warmth of an open hand. If one can believe in the strength of an open heart...then one can reclaim their lost hope. And now I believe it is my turn to help those who have strayed from the path, just as I was helped. If there is even a small chance to save someone simply by not discriminating friend from foe... then I will not give up on them."
Defending Ylisse - A Edit
- Sharena: "Alfonse! Commander Anna! The enemy is approaching the edge of the village!"
- Alfonse: "Evacuation is still underway... Will the reinforcements make it in time?"
- Anna: "We need to hold out just a little longer... If we don't buy more time, the villagers are done for!"
- Olivia: "We're doing everything we can but...there's something more only I can do!"
- Libra: "Wait, Olivia! What's gotten into you?! Get back here! You're being reckless!"
- Olivia: "We need to buy more time, right? Oh, this is going to be so embarrassing, but... Watch me dance!"
- Maribelle: "What...in the world? Olivia has just started dancing...right in front of the enemy army?!"
- Sharena: "That's... That's...such a lovely dance! Isn't it simply captivating?"
- Anna: "We aren't the only ones captivated by it... The enmy soldiers have come to a complete standstill! They can't take their eyes off her!"
- Alfonse: "Is it just me, or do they look more... confused than captivated? It's like they don't know what to make of such a strange tactic. Regardless, the enemy has halted their advance!"
- Libra: "Olivia, you... Right. Now is the time. Everyone, continue evacuating the villagers!"
- Sumia: "Look! Up in the sky to the west! The reinforcements are here!"
- Olivia: "Oh, thank goodness! Now we can save the rest of the villagers!"
- Maribelle: "Excellent work, Olivia. One wrong step and you would have been a prime target for the enemy archers. Your newfound bravery is most admirable."
- Anna: "Phew... The evacuation is complete. Let's join up with the reinforcements and send the enemy packing!"
Special Conversations - S Edit
- Olivia: "I've been watching you lately, Summoner. And I've come to realize something... I don't need endless confidence like you have. Because as long as I can do what needs to be done... Well, then that's enough, right? And that's confidence in its own way. I may be awfully shy, But I've been dancing since I was just a little girl. There's no dancer more confident in their abilities than me! And yet...I get so embarrassed when people watch. But at the same time, I'll never hold back if an audience cheers me on! I guess what I'm trying to say is... just as you lead us in battle so confidently, I'll dance just as well. I may never truly get over being so shy, but with you watching over me, I'll be able to dance my very best. Thank you for helping me find the strength to match your own, Summoner."
- Sumia: "Do you ever get the feeling that you would like to fight for someone else's sake, Summoner? It's something I feel often... I want to fight and become stronger for the sake of those most important to me. So you do feel the same way? I thought you might... I can tell by the look in your eyes! Why do I fight? Why am I trying to get stronger? Everyone asks themselves these questions at some point... But to give someone else strength by fighting for them? Well, that thought allows me to keep moving forward without questioning myself any further. I feel like you and I think an awful lot alike, Summoner... So let's continue to do the best we can, all right? Oh, I saw this in the last flower fortune I did, too! It said that you and I are highly compatible. So I look forward to speaking with you more!"
- Maribelle: "It seems as though this fight's ultimate conclusion is upon us. But you needn't worry. I trust fully in your exceptional intellect, Summoner. My goal has always been to protect my allies and to heal their wounds. I will not allow anyone to fall. Not Lissa, nor Chrom, nor you. My dream for when all the fighting has ended is to become a magistrate who helps all manner of people. I want to help nobles and commoners alike settle their grievances. However, in order to achieve this dream, we must first overcome the obstacles before us here. If I'm with you, I am certain that we can make my dream come true. But I do hope you'll continue to lend me your strength for the challenges that lie beyond this fight as well!"
- Libra: "To save all, friend and foe alike, without discrimination... To truly achieve this goal, perhaps all fighting in the world would have to cease. Of course, I am painfully aware of how outlandish a goal that is. And yet, when I am with you, I feel as though it may not be quite so impossible... Every day you put forth great effort not only to end battles but to do so with as few casualties as possible. When I see that side of you, it reinforces my own resolve to stay the course toward my dream. I may be alone in thinking this, but... you and I may be headed in the same direction. If indeed we are, then let us walk together. One step at a time, no matter how many steps it may take. Until such a day that our wishes are granted."
Rejecting Destiny Edit
- Anna: "Surrender Veronica..." Whoever sent this letter is backing the unknown army. I recognize the crest that sealed it... It comes from one of the worlds invaded by the Emblian Empire.
- Veronica: They want me?
- Celica: This Veronica is lending her strength to the pursuit of peace. We will not simply hand her over to the enemy.
- Anna: That may be the case, but all the enemy sees is the face of the princess who invaded their home. Even if we try to explain that she's a completely different person, it's unlikely they'll listen.
- Sharena: Commander Anna, the enemy is nearing the tower!
- Veronica: A battle is about to begin simply because of my presence... I do not want this.
- Hector: That right there is exactly why we will not let them take you.
- Ephraim: You have committed no offense, Princess Veronica, so we will not allow you to be punished. You were summoned here along with the rest of us. That makes us allies.
- Veronica: Allies...
- Celica: Everything will be all right, Princess Veronica. It is a mere misunderstanding. I'm sure they'll listen to reason. We must at least try speaking with them.
- Anna: Well, this calls for our special Order of Heroes persuasion technique. It'll take some time, though. Until then, we must keep Veronica safe inside this tower!
Special Conversations - C Edit
- Celica: Making the rounds, Summoner? Oh? You wish to know what's on my mind? Well, I was just thinking about the village I lived in as a child. Ram Village... Truth be told, I didn't live there for very long. And yet, I can recall my time there as clear as day. The shape of the hitching post in front of the tower, the markings on the fence... I remember it all, right down to the most minute detail. Of course, it's not just the scenery I can recall... but the time I spent with the others who lived there as well. Everyone was so kind - especially the other children who played with me. Alm, Gray, Kliff, Tobin, Faye... Back then, we would spend all day running around playing all sorts of games. We were absolutely exhausted come evening time but couldn't wait to do it all again the next day. We were nothing but smiles as we'd plan tomorrow's games, sure the next day would be greater than the last. We'd all fall asleep without a doubt that this was true... Heheh, what wonderful times those were... Is there some place from your past that is always fresh in your mind? The next time we have some time to chat, I'd love to hear about it.
- Veronica: I was out for a walk just now... An Askran soldier gave me a very strange look. She took one glance at me... It was as if she had seen a ghost. And then she ran off... Is everyone here... scared of me? You don't think so? That's... kind of you to say. Thank you. The Veronica you know of the Emblian Empire... We aren't the same person. Even if people could look at me and instantly see that... would it really make a difference? Probably not... If people continue to mistake me for her, I won't hold it against them. In fact, I will not even mind. I suppose if everyone is frightened of me as that soldier was, I shouldn't bother trying to approach anyone. An invisible wall... Yes. It's as if there is an invisible wall, and it separates me from everyone else.
- Ephraim: Hraah! Hah! Oh... Watching me just now, were you? This is Garm the black axe. It's one of the Sacred Twins- a relic from Grado. I see my weapon as an extension of my body, but, well... I'm not so adept with this axe just yet. There are reasons for that... Though some do refer to me as the Restoration King, you should know I am uncompromising in combat. It's a title they use in reverence... They see me as a great king. I cannot see myself that way. I happen to be talented on the battlefield. That is the source of my renown, I suppose. As to the question of whether I am actually fit to rule over the people... The answer to that is as yet unclear. Ha! I can see that I'm making you uncomfortable. I am a warrior, a Hero, and a king... and I will continue to devote myself to my betterment. If you find me deficient in any quality required to rule justly...let me know. Do not hesitate.
- Hector: Nine-hundred ninety-nine... One thousand! Phew! Who knew simply lifting Maltet was such a workout. I can practically see my biceps growing... Huh? Oh, Summoner! Have you been there long? You caught me wrapping up my daily training. No matter what's going on, I can't skip a single day. Even one rest day will soften me up! And I have to stay on top of my game if I'm going to keep up with him... I'm talking about Eliwood, of course. Every two months, we test the results of our training against one another with a spar. It can get pretty serious! As of now, the standing is 13 wins, 13 losses, and five draws. No, wait... It was 12 wins, 14 losses, four draws. Or was it... Well, either way, the score is pretty even. Which means I must win the next one. And that means no taking it easy! Well, I'm feeling pretty good after this little chat. Spot me- I've got another thousand in me!
Rejecting Destiny - C Edit
- Veronica: Hmm...
- Alfonse: Princess Veronica? You look troubled.
- Veronica: The other me...the me of this world... Her blood binds her to wage war against Askr. Yet I am the one who has been swept up into this battle... Am I destined for war? Is that fate dormant within my blood?
- Hector: With all due respect, Princess, that's nonsense. We each forge our own destinies, plain and simple. If I had just followed the path laid out for me by the house I was born to, there's no way I'd be here today. The only force that decides who you are and what you stand for is you.
- Alfonse: I'm inclined to agree. You're relation to this world—how you view it and its people... You are the only one who can decide that vision, Princess Veronica.
- Veronica: Only me...
Special Conversations - B Edit
- Celica: Sometimes, I can't help but wonder... What kind of life would I be leading today had I never left Ram Village? I'm Fighting as a Hero in the Order to protect the innocent, but had I stayed, I'd likely be plowing a field. That is what you do in Ram Village, after all. Plow, gather crops from the mountains, and live a peaceful life. A peaceful life that passes as gently and predictably as the changing of the seasons. After leaving Ram Village, I went to an island called Novis. Perhaps I would have become a priestess there... It would have been a quiet life, free of fighting of any sort. I'd watch over the church bell, ringing it at the start and end of each day. My day-to-day life would be quite different from that of a Hero. And yet, had I not taken up the sword, I would not have been able to help save so many lives. And I would not have met many of my dearest friends. Including you, Summoner. Had I simply lived as a villager or as a priestess, our paths would never have crossed. But I am neither a villager nor a priestess... which means I must carry out my duties as a Hero of this order.
- Veronica: How do people become close? Before I was summoned to this world... I lived the life of a princess. I didn't have to make an effort. Everywhere I went... everyone treated me like a friend. So my experience in having to meet people on their terms has been... lacking. In this world, I'm no princess. I am simply one of many Hereos, no different from any other. I can no longer count on attendants and servants as I have before. How do you suppose I should approach this new experience, Summoner? You're going to... take some time to think about it? You'll have an answer when next we meet? Thank you... You really are quite kind. You look nothing alike, nor do you act alike, and yet, you somehow remind me of my brother. Perhaps it's your gentle aura that draws me to you.
- Ephraim: You're wondering why I don't consider myself a good king, aren't you? In battle, I am confident I won't be defeated. When it comes to statecraft... I am a rank amateur. My sister Eirika is much more capable. Certainly, I am no bookworm... but it is more than that. I lack a natural aptitude for these matters. If all I can do as king to protect my people is fight... my limitations are too severe. I need someone at my side who has what I lack. Without that, my people will suffer. That is why I believe I am not a worthy ruler. Of course, that does not mean I can abandon my responsibilities. That would be unforgivable. Yet no matter how I swing my weapon, I won't become a better king for it. But sitting behind me a desk day after day is counter to my nature. As I say this aloud, I can just imagine the anxiety on Eirika's face! I must devote myself to improving.
- Hector: Is there someone out there who you just can't let yourself lose to? Not like fighting on the battlefield... But like a rival. Is there some sort of friendly competition you enjoy as a tactician? The Arena, huh? Where the strongest foes from other worlds gather to do battle... Talk about tough opponents! So it's a way for you to show off your tacticial sense by issuing commands and executing a masterful strategy. I see! Say, just between you and me... What's your best record? Ah, it's all right, you don't have to tell me. The look on your face tells me all I need to know-You're pretty good! Whenever you get stronger, it makes the Order of Heroes stronger as a whole. Which means we have your worthy opponents to thank for all your strenght!
Rejecting Destiny - B Edit
- Anna: Everyone!, rejoice! Your fearless commander has managed to talk some sense into Veronica's pursuers! It seems they've come to accept that this Princess Veronica is not the one that invaded their homeland.
- Sharena: That's great news! That means we're back to focusing our efforts on just a single enemy army.
- Anna: How are you feeling. Princess Veronica?
- Veronica: I...
- Celica: Princess, would you mind if we chatted for a moment?
- Veronica: Celica... I've caused you so much trouble.
- Celica: You have done nothing of the sort. I fight of my own free will. Truth be told...before coming to this world, I had come to wield a great power. And I found my sword crossed with that of my closest friend. Against my will, I fought and hurt the people dearest to me. I caused them all so much grief...
- Veronica: Even you?
- Celica: I will never be able to erase that truth. However, I can atone for it. That's why I continue to fight. Now, I know your situation is quite different... You do not need to atone for the actions of the other Veronica. But what's clear to me is that you're struggling to find your own purpose for fighting. So as long as you fight for the justice that you yourself believe in, you'll have no reason to fret!
- Veronica: ...How did you know? How did you know that I've...felt so lost?
- Celica: Heh... Oh, I just picked up on your feelings. You're an important friend to me now, after all.
- Veronica: Thank you, Celica... You are right. I can fight for what I believe in. I must. And what I believe in... is my dear allies.
Special Conversations - A Edit
- Celica: Tell me, Summoner... If you were given the chance to live a life in which you were never called to Askr...would you take it? I see... I should have figured you would have been such as perfect answer! You and I are one and the same. If it is within my power to help someone or to acquire the strength to do so...I will not hesitate to take up my sword. Even if a life of peace was offered to me, I would choose the path that allowed me to help others. You agree, do you not? And further, I'm sure we aren't alone in feeling this way. I'm certain that everyone gathered for the Order of Heroes shares our sentiment. Using our strength for the sake of others rather than for ourselves is what affords us the title of Hero.
- Veronica: If I wish to become closer to others, I should simply act normally? But my "normal" is that of a princess. It's far different from that of the common soldier. How does one act? You mean I just have to...greet people? Good morning... Good afternoon... And good evening? Yes, people have said these things to me before. But you're claiming these three simple phases can bring me closer to others... Is greeting people in such as manner really what you consider normal? Hmm... The only person I have ever greeted in such a manner is my brother, and he and I are very close... So perhaps...if I treat others as I treat my brother, I can become very closer to them. I understand. I will follow your advice. The morning has already passed, so I must now wait for the afternoon...
- Ephraim: I see that you're still on patrol. You really put in the effort, don't you? As for me, I've been training all day. I once dreamt that I would be the strongest mercenary in the land...just me and my lance. In that world, strength is all that is needed. Titles have no meaning. Royalty does not exist. Even now, my thoughts often turn to how far I could go on strength alone. It's only natural to look back at the path you didn't take and see it shining like a beacon. I can't asy that I have no regrets, but my life does have a grander purpose than if I were the ablest mercenary. As king, I want to devote myself to the citizens. Their voices will grant me my purpose. Mercenary or king... Whichever path I walk will be steep. I cannot falter. As the path of the just king unfolds in front of me, I will not walk alone. All those who rely on me will follow.
- Hector: Hey, you sure were something in that last battle. You're really becoming a master of your own style! I'm always eager to improve, myself. And that means fighting stronger foes, not just sparring with Eliwood! But recently, my priorities have been elsewhere. Don't get wrong, I'm not skimping on my training. But more than physically strong, I need to be the type of person others can rely on... Like how Uther was. I didn't become who I am today for my own benefit. And to be honest, it wasn't entirely intentional either. My home became engulfed in war, so I needed to get stronger. And quickly. But what really spurred me to action were the survivors at my back. They came to rely on me for protection. And the weight of that duty... Well, it'll make a man out of you, that's for sure. And of course, Eliwood is a constant source of inspiration. Now he's someone people can rely on. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is everyone's got some rough spots to polish out. And whichever path you choose to walk, it's going to be a long, winding, and branching in its own right. The path I chose is not without its share of hills... But getting over those hills is how you grow. I've come a long way since then, so it's important to be thankful for the peaks and valleys alike.
Rejecting Destiny - A Edit
- Veronica: I am my own person. Even if I share a face with Princess Veronica of this Emblian Empire...we are not the same. By my own will, I shall do all I can. I shall do what I must. But the biggest difference between the two of us...is the fact that I have allies by my side.
- Celica: Oh, Princess Veronica... You have become one of our dearest allies. We will fight for you always.
- Veronica: Even if my blood should one day scream for war, I will not allow that tragedy to unfold... No matter what happens, I will forge a destiny of my own choosing.
- Hector: That's the spirit, Princess.
- Ephraim: If you stay the path you choose for yourself, I am certain it will lead you away from conflict. The sky of your future will be bright and blue, unclouded by bitter war.
- Celica: Well, it's time we get going, Princess. We're in this together, so let's move out.
- Veronica: Yes... If i'm with you all, I will not fall victim to my own loneliness. Let us go. Let us extinguish the flames of war. That is my reason for being here... That is my destiny.
Special Conversations - S Edit
- Celica: It wasn't my strength that allowed me to choose the path of a Hero. The path of a Hero allowed me strength. In the beginning, all I had to go on was my own ideals—mere thoughts in my head. I wanted to ensure protection of those most precious to me. Even if I could have lived as the princess of Zofia, letting others fight to protect me instead of the reverse...I would not have chosen that life. I am strong enough to fight as a Hero. Therefore, it is my duty to use that strength for the benefit of others. I did not cultivate that strength on my own. I was entrusted with it. So to stand idle in times of strife would be to squander that gift. We simply cannot abide war. And when the fighting come to an end and peace is finally upon us...I'll consider anew how I wish to live my life. The future holds more for me than chances to wield a blade... But until that day, I will continue to live the life I've chosen for myself: the life of a Hero.
- Veronica: Summoner! Look! This flower.. It's beautiful, is it not? An Askran soldier just presented it to me as a gift. It worked just as you said. I began greeting every person I passed, and they soon became friendly. People have once again begun to call out to me as if we were friends. And it's not only the soldiers. Prince Alfonse, Princess Sharena, even the Heroes are all treating me well. A simple greeting is such a strange thing. How can just a few words contain so much meaning? You are the one who afforded me this opportunity... So thank you, Summoner. I no longer feel an invisible wall between myself and others... Nor do I feel a need for one. Everyone treats me as their ally and friend. I feel their camaraderie quite strongly. So I will lend my strength to those who have accepted me as one of their own. And that includes you most of all. This would have not been possible were it not for you.
- Ephraim: The black axe Garm... Somehow, I have come to grips with it. It fits my hand. This, one of the Sacred Twins, is a relic from a land that gave me a very good friend... By wielding this axe, I can honor him. There is nothing that could bring me greater joy. I could never keep my mind focused on my studies, but he was a scholar... Yes, he was well suited to kingship. "Better him than I," I thought. Often. No more of that! I apologize. My task now is to show everyone that I can become the greater king. I have the support of my comrades, my sister, and, of course, you... Summoner. For his sake, too, I will carry out my duties as king. I will rely on your continued support, Summoner. I swear to you that I will answer your faith in me by continuing to fight with valor.
- Hector: Hey there, Summoner. Your command in that last battle was nothing short of superb. You've been better and better since we first met, and it's because you put in the time every day. Even if you train daily, it can be harf to see your own progress. And that can be pretty discouraging. However, if you're trying to keep up with a rival—or trying to stay ahead of the one—you'll grow without a doubt. For me, that person is Eliwood. He's both an irreplaceable friend and an unparalleled rival who spurs my own growth. And of course, I'm sure he thinks the same of me. He never fails to fight with all his strength, and I always match his vigor. As long as you continue to cultivate your strength, you'll grow steadily but surely. I'm lucky to have such an exceptional friend and rival just as you are to have so many from different worlds. Let's you and I keep each other motivated. What do you say? We'll keep growing together!
High Tea Jinks Edit
- Silas: Legendary tea? It must be pretty good. And that's really what we need?
- Flora: The Order of Heroes has treated us well, so I would like to host a tea party for them. And in order to show proper respect' legendary tea is a must. It will be our way of returning their hospitality. If one drinks just a single cup of this tea, the fatigue of the day will all but vanish. And according to Commander Anna, it grows in this remote region of Askr.
- Ophelia: Very well, Flora! I have heard your story, and I feel the devotion flowing from your very soul. You wish to soothe the exhausted spirits of Askr. Your heart sparkles with the..the...sparkles of purity! I can be quite picky, myself, when it comes to tea. And so I, Ophelia Dusk, shall take up your epic quest! It is my personal mission to retrieve this...miracle tea... Hmmm, tea is kind of amber in color, so... I shall retrieve this tea, henceforth known as...Amberacle!
- Silas: Right... So in other words, we're repaying their kindness? If we can do so outside of battle, I welcome it. Allow me to accompany you. And perhaps Prince Alfonse can lead the way.
- Alfonse: You're still unfamiliar with the local geography, so that's a good idea.
- Silas: Excellent! We can move out at once.
- Nina: Hmm... A knight and prince...roaming deep within a dark forest... The way they help one another over a fallen tree... Oh! But one of them trips! And the other is there to break his fall. I can see it all so clearly! I need to watch this play out without being spotted myself... I'm merely an observer, after all. Maybe I can hide in a barrel to spy on their blossoming relationship...
- Alfonse: We're heading into the mountains up north. It's likely we'll run into trouble, so we must proceed with caution.
- Ophelia: Worry not, young prince! As long as chosen heroine Ophelia Dusk is by your side, all foes shall perish! Hrk?! The power dusk...within me...It's overflowing! No, Ophelia, contain yourself... Save your energy for when you can unleash it upon your enemies!
- Nina: I suppose it's fine... As long as her delusions don't get in the way of my own.
- Silas: Well, let's move out. As Alfonse said, it can be dangerous, so stay focused.
- Flora: Thank you for your assistance, everyone. We'll soon have all we need for a world-class tea time!
Special Conversations - C Edit
- Flora: If you become overwhelmed by your duties, please allow me to assist you, Summoner. I beg you. I'm used to looking after Corrin, but here...it's you who bears the weight of the world on your shoulders. Likewise, if my twin sister, Felicia, can be of any help, I'm sure she would be more than happy to aid you as well. Speaking of Felicia... I hope she's not causing you any trouble. You'd tell me if she were, I trust? She...wants to help, but...there are times when her efforts cause more problems than they solve. If she happens to do anything overly careless, please do not hesitate to inform me. I've plenty of experience in steering her back on course and will do my best to keep her out from underfoot. Of course, I wish she'd learn to steer herself a little better, but...well, what are big sisters for?
- Nina: Oh no, oh no... How could I lose something so important? It's gotta be around here somewhere... Let me retrace my steps... I was here when I began thinking about how I've always favored the bow and arrow... But then here, I began thinking that perhaps a lance and shield was the better combination... So if I became lost in thought here... and my distraction caused me to drop it, then it must be... Oh! Summoner! I found you at a good time. Have you, um...seen anything that might look as though...it had been dropped? Well, it's a book... A thin book. The contents of which are not— Wait—that's it! The book you're holding right now! Give it here! Right now! Hurry, hand it over! Ha! Haha! Oh, um... Ahem... Did you... Did you happen to look inside? H-hey, don't look at me like I'm some deviant! What does that look even mean, huh?! Well, if you did happen to peek inside, I forbid you from discussing its contents with anyone! If anyone hears about what's in there, it will be the end of me. And of you! Hmph!
- Ophelia: I have finally found you—the chosen summoner of the highest echelon! I was hoping you'd indulge a humble request... Please, allow me to borrow your divine weapon, Breidablik! If even for just the briefest of moments, I— Huh? You'll let me borrow it?! F-for real?! Ahem, I mean... Many thanks, friend! Ah, so this is the divine weapon that you and you alone may wield. However, as a fellow chosen one and the holder of radiance, wielding it myself should pose no challenge! Here goes! Divine weapon Breidablik...answer my call to summon! Hyaaah! Hyaaah, I said! Hyah! Um... Hyuh?! Gyaah! Hmph! The trigger refuses to budge! What could be amiss?! I must turn to my last resort... I have no choice but to release the seal on my Royal Bloodmark of the Exalt! Hng... Hyaaah! The strength of dusk overflows into swirling pools of inky... Inky dusk! It manifests as...a miracle! ... ... ... Aw, come on... Nothing? Seriously? It would seem that the stars are not aligned in my favor. Well, I guess you can have this back now. However, as the chosen heroine, I shall not give up! Next time, my radiance will shine its brightest, and the Breidablik will bend to my will!
- Silas: Hey...has something been troubling you lately, Summoner? If so, just let me know, and I'll do whatever I can to help—even if it's something trivial! ...Huh? You're worried about m-my bedhead? Hey! Th-this is NOT bedhead, OK? It's a proper haircut! So, er...n-no need to trouble yourself over it, all right? ...Ah, so that's not actually what's troubling you then? I see... Well, as a sworn knight, I'll do whatever I can to help. That's the oath I made. I want to use what strength I have for the benefit of others, so I can't just ignore when someone's in trouble. If you ever need help, don't hesitate to ask. If anything is ever troubling you, just leave it to me. I'll take care of it—no problem at all!
High Tea Jinks - C Edit
- Silas: It's just as Alfonse said. There seems to be no shortage of enemies on this path.
- Flora: However, battle is not our goal. We should focus on finding this tea swiftly and with minimal conflict.
- Ophelia: Surely this is a trial. If we can overcome these difficulties, our auras shall burn ever brighter! A chosen one such as myself cannot shy away from a difficult path, no matter how challenging it proves. However, do be on your guard... The heavens have afforded me a most unfourtunate premonition. From the very outset of this epic quest, the stars have been restless, screaming a warning to me!
- Silas: Spooky premonitions and shouting stars... Is that really something we should be concerned with?
- Ophelia: It's unfourtunate premonitions and screaming stars! And yes, we should be very concerned! I've been getting chills all down my spine, and my fair skin has taken to freezing over. There! I feel it right now! It's as if a spirit more wintry...than winter itself passed right through me!
- Flora: Oh, um... Excuse me, but That may be at least...partially my fault. Sorry.
- Ophelia: Flora?! You've been a foul specter this whole time?! Ophelia Dusk shall avenge your untimely—
- Flora: No, no, stop right there. I am no specter, but I am from the Ice Tribe. My body temperature is very low. So low, in fact..it can lower the temperature around me. Here, feel for yourself. Touch my hand.
- Ophelia: By the dusk, it's true! Your skin is the very depths of winter!
- Silas: So your premonition was just the result of you standing too close to Flora?
- Ophelia: Uh, hahaha... Heh... The... The threat has passed! The stars slumber once more, as peaceful and silent as a baby swaddled in the arms of its mother. No specter nor earthly foe shall keep us from our noble task! This is my undying pledge to you, my—
- Silas: OK, OK, we get it. Drop the dramatics and...quit striking those poses. Anyway, Prince Alfonse...you look as though you have something on your mind.
- Alfonse: Indeed... And it's not just Flora's chill. I feel eyes upon us...
- Silas: You're saying you think someone is spying on us?
- Nina: ... ... ...
- Silas: I don't hear anything out of the ordinary, nor do I see any unaccounted for shadows. Just these old barrels.
- Alfonse: Just some old barrels, yes... Perhaps my mind is simply playing tricks.
- Nina: (Phew... Thought I was found out.)
- Silas: Worry not, Prince Alfonse. On my honor as a knight, I'll see personally to our safety.
- Alfonse: Thank you, Silas. With your protection, I will do my best to lead everyone safely.
- Nina: (Oh, the bond between these two men grows ever thicker as the share the hardships of common goal!) (This is exactly the sort of camaraderie my heart longs to see!) (At this rate, things will really start to take off soon... Hehehe!)
Special Conversations - B Edit
- Flora: You know, helping Felicia comes quite naturally to me. I don't consider it a burden in the least. We've been together since we were born, and she's always been my dear little sister—my other half. If her strength is helpful to you, then I'm happy for it. And yet... I worry that, by always being there to help her, I'm preventing her from growing into her own strength... If I'm always there to solve her problems, I fear she'll never learn to avoid them in the first place. Perhaps, instead of trying to solve her problems, it'd be healthier if I let her face the consequences herself... Hmm... When they speak of growing pains, they never mention the pain of watching your loved ones grow. ...My apologies. It seems I've been rambling. Please, don't mind me, Summoner.
- Nina: Um... Mind if we chat for a moment, Summoner? I'm...sorry about last time... You found something very important to me, and I didn't even thank you. Well, you may think it's fine, but I've been thinking about it since it happened I should've said it sooner. You may have already seen what's written in there, but... Well, it's a treasured book I keep. I detail the friendships between certain men that I know. It's pretty much my favorite book... It's OK to be surprised. It isn't a book I'm comfortable telling people about... Huh? You aren't surprised? Wait a minute, could you... Could you be into this stuff, too?! What do you think about— No? You're not? Yeah, makes sense... I guess this isn't the kind of hobby I can share with anybody. I'm sorry... Just forget I said anything! Oh, and please don't tell anyone that I've been hiding in this barrel... I prefer to keep my presence hidden so I can watch these precious moments free of my own influence.
- Ophelia: I cannot comprehend this, and I refuse to accept it! You may be capable of summoning Heroes... But you cannot be this world's chosen one! I, Ophelia Dusk, am alone worthy of that title! Now that I think about it, there seem to be a few too many "chosen ones" around here... You can't swing a legendary spell book without hitting royalty or some fabled warrior. Don't you agree it seems just a little out of hand? We can't all be mythical warriors from a far-flung realm! No matter where I look, another spectacular aura shines with a sparkle that blinds even in the daylight. Not only that, there are countless millennia-old dragons...AND their legendary dragon princess! With so many chosen warriors about, I can't help but feel lost in the fog. And not to mention you yourself, the most special of us all! You're the one who summons everyone, after all! So how am I supposed to feel like Ophelia Dusk, the chosen one, and not just a nameless soldier? I'm just another tool in your toolbox, just another mindless weapon you'll point at your enemy to— Huh? You expect me to believe our great summoner isn't all that special? You just pull the trigger, and then we Heroes combine our strength to do the heavy lifting? Hm... Even so, the chosen one, this maiden of darkness Ophelia Dusk, must stand out from the crowd! I need a special power, like a dazzling light that will leave friend and foe alike stupefied and amazed. I must be a shining star, just like my father!
- Silas: Y'know...having close friends is great. Their support offers more strength than a sword or armor ever could. That's why I, uh...I think you and I should try to become better friends, Summoner. Yeah! And I don't just mean comrades in arms. I want to become the kind of friends who can talk about anything. See, when I was younger, Corrin and I became friends—and that friendship made me the knight I am today! Ever since then, I've believed that gaining new friends is a good way to change your fate for the better. But I...well, I'm still pretty young, y'know, and I haven't been a knight very long, so I've got room to grow. Th-that's why I want us to get closer, s-so we can support each other while our paths are, uh...running parallel. ...Wh-what's that look for? Did I...say something wrong? I just seem a bit nervous? Oh. Well, if that's what you think... I'm glad you said so, Summoner. That's, uh...j-just the kind of, er... honesty I'd expect from a friend! ...Still seem like I'm panicking, huh?
High Tea Jinks - B Edit
- Nina: Hi, Ophelia. Got a minute?
- Ophelia: Whoa! Nina?! Have you been hiding in that barrel this whole time?! Gosh, you looked so casual climbing out of it. Is that a regular habit of yours?
- Nina: Yeah, don't worry out it. I have a favor to ask. I've heard talk of you being able to swap the minds of two people... Is this so?
- Ophelia: Oh, well... Yes, but what do you want with that?
- Nina: I'd like you to switch the bodies of those two.
- Ophelia: Huh? Silas and Alfonse? But why? As strong as the dusk within me is, I fail to see your intentions...
- Nina: It's the classic "he is me and I am"! A body-switching story as old as time itself! Wouldn't you want to experience one in person?
- Ophelia: What exactly are you getting at here, Nina? This secret art must be used responsibly. Besides, I can only use it to switch someone's body with my own. I'm sorry, but I can't use it how you want.
- Nina: Is that so... That's too bad. I guess I'll just go back into my barrel and keep watching their story unfold. I trust I can count on your discretion.
- Ophelia: H-hey, wait! Nina, don't just climb back in there so—
- Flora: What's going on here?
- Ophelia: Oh, um... Ahem, I was just...touched by a most devilish energy! My dusk nearly overflowed, so I—
- Silas: Ophelia, we talked about those weird poses of yours. I swear I heard two voices... But it's just you and these barrels again.
- Alfonse: Yes, these barrels... Is this the same one from before?
- Nina: ... ... ...
- Silas: Anyway, Flora, just why do we need this legendary tea? Will a regular and safely obtained tea not suffice?
- Flora: Actually, I will be asking my sister Felicia to host this tea party. I fear confidence as a maid may be shaken as a result of her many accidents. However, if she were to properly serve a legendary tea and entertain guests such as Askran royalty... Then perhaps she will regain some of the confidence I know she still has.
- Alfonse: So you're going through all this for your sister. I understand fully, Flora.
- Silas: Yes, what a thoughtful sister you are. All right, then. Let's get to finding that tea. Lead the way, Alfonse?
- Alfonse: Certainly. We're not far now. Let's move out, everyone.
- Nina: (Yes, onward to the legendary tea...and to a thrilling conclusion for my little show!) (Oof, this barrel's getting heavy...)
Special Conversations - A Edit
- Flora: I thought some more abut whether it'd be right to teach Felicia a lesson when next she makes a mistake. The thing is...it's not that she makes a mess of things on purpose. She always tries her best. It's just that her best...is usually a string of unfortunate failures. It's not even that she cut corners—even when doing housework she doesn't favor or excel at... I always keep a close eye on her, so I know with certainty that she truly is doing all she can. But still, I wonder if I've somehow stolen growth opportunities from her by keeping such careful watch. I seem to be rambling again, but...what would you do in my situation, Summoner? If you ever have a spare moment, I'd appreciate your advice. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, of course.
- Nina: Huh? I can have any hobby I want? You say I don't have to hide it? Given the specifics of my hobby, I can't expect everyone to be as sympathetic as you... But I really do enjoy stories about the blossoming relationship between two manly men. Because they're men, I can imagine it as a truly pure relationship. My imagination can really take flight! After all this time, I don't think I'd be able to change what I like...but I don't want it to bother anyone else. And so, I just enjoy my little fantasy world all by myself. Wait, what am I saying?! I've never talked to anyone about this. It's because it's you. I don't feel any sort of barrier between us, as I would with anyone else... Why do you suppose I can let down my guard around you? Huh?! You want to tell Commander Anna about this?! Wait, hold on a minute! Where'd that come from?! You...think that she'd understand? She is a pretty accepting person, but no way it would be that easy. Well, judging by the serious look on your face, you must know what you're talking about. If it will allow my imagination to fly even higher...I'll leave it in your hands. It had better be worth the risk!
- Ophelia: Whatever is the matter? The way you peer so blankly into the sky, you look quite like the forlorn summoner. Or perhaps you too are channeling the power of the painted heavens? Hm? Why, yes, there are many stars in the sky... Too many to count. And, yes, I suppose you're right. I cannot imagine any two are alike. Each star is surely completely unique. Hm... An intriguing notion... What you mean to say is that we Heroes are just like the stars above. We each shine with our own light regardless of our station or past. Here in this moment, each of us shimmer. When I think of it that way, perhaps it is possible that we are all chosen ones... Each of us followed the star's light and came to this place through you. And it was no simple coincidence... We have been chosen by fate, and now we must do what must be done. We're all in this together... Anyway, that's what you were trying to say, right? Yeah, I'm pretty good at extrapolating! I think I finally understand. My role in this world, how I must persevere, how brightly I must shine! Heh. You're right, the dark energy almost overflowed. You did well in helping me suppress it. Please accept my words of gratitude, Summoner! You have given me what I need to reassess my own purpose.
- Silas: What's wrong? You look a bit worried, Summoner. ...What? It looks like something is troubling me? Hah! Quite the reversal from before, isn't this? Well... I have been thinking. You, uh... might have been right about me panicking a bit before. Since I've been coming to this world, I've been surrounded by Heroes that people tell legends about... And not just from Nohr and Hoshido; there are Heroes from worlds I never even knew existed! Compared to them... Well, I worry the number of people who could use my help here...is basically zero. That's why I was hoping the two of us could grow closer and become friends, Summoner. In the back of my mind, I'm worried about not having anyone relying on me, encouraging me to grow. Anyway, I'm sorry if I made you worry about me at all. I just...I want to feel like I belong among all these Heroes—like I can handle whatever life throws at me...
High Tea Jinks - A Edit
- Silas: Oh no... Everyone, be careful! The flames are still spreading! Is anyone injured?!
- Alfonse: It seems everyone is safe thanks to Summoner's directions. But we just barely escaped that blaze...
- Silas: What sort of cowardly foe would set tea trees aflame and then scurry off?
- Ophelia: We traveled so far on this epic quest only to have the legendary tea burnt to a crisp... This foul act shall not be forgiven! It shall not go unpunished! I, Ophelia Dusk, vow here and now! Harsh and swift judgement shall be passed upon the perpetrators of this heinous act! This judgement shall be delivered by my own hand... By my supreme secret weapon... Missiletainn...of PURGATORY!
- Flora: Ophelia, there's no time for this. The flames are drawing closer. We must worry about our own lives for now.
- Ophelia: But we've come so far... Flora, we can't let you down!
- Flora: Everyone's safety is far more important than some tea leaves. Now, come. Allow me to lead the way.
- Silas: So this is it, huh? All we have to show for our efforts is a handful of burnt-up tea leaves...
- Flora: It would seem so...
- Ophelia: We united our spirits as one and arrived together at the promised land, and yet...our epic quest has failed!
- Alfonse: What the... It's that barrel again. I thought it was just a coincidence, but now I'm certain. This barrel has somehow been...following us this whole time...
- Silas: Well, let's settle this. I'll just pop the lid off and,— Wh-whoa! Hey, look! It's stuffed full of tea leaves! Are these the leaves we've been looking for?
- Flora: Could it be?!
- Ophelia: The luxurious aroma that rises from the leaves to tickle my nostrils... No doubt, it's the amber miracle. The... What did I call this stuff again? The...Amberacle! Truly the stuff of legend!
- Alfonse: How in the world... Did you gather all this, Summoner?
- Flora: But if not you, then who?
- Silas: Let's not worry about it. Everyone is safe, and we have the tea leaves in hand.
- Alfonse: You're right. And that means we've accomplished our mission.
- Ophelia: ...Wait a minute... That was the barrel Nina had been hiding in...
- Flora: Well, whoever our unknown patron is, I would like to thank them. Because of you, my sister will be able to serve up a most luxurious tea time. And I would like to thank the rest of you as well. You risked so much to assist me. I will repay your kindness.
- Silas: It's my pleasure. We're here to support one another, and I'm sure the others would agree. Right, Alfonse?
- Alfonse: Absolutely. Now then, let's return to the castle and enjoy the excellent tea leaves! Oof, this barrel's heavy...
- Nina: (Yes! Exactly how I envisioned it! By overcoming this hardship, their bond has deepened even further!) (I sure was lucky to be able to gather these tea leaves before they all burnt up.) (Days like this make the life of a thief totally worth it!) (I wonder how much closer they'll become on the journey home... Further observation is required.) (Although...) (These tea leaves do smell awfully nice, and I'm beat. Might as well take a quick nap while I'm carried home.)
Special Conversations - S Edit
- Flora: Felicia is...improving? I'm glad to hear you say so! It's true, then—everyone grows at their own pace, just as you said, Summoner. In light of this, I think I'll continue to offer her my support from a...safe distance. Now I can trust she'll continue to grow without my stern guidance to keep her on course... But I want you to know something...I do not myself as better than her. While it's true that I am more skilled when it comes to housework, she puts me to shame on the battlefield. To be honest there have even been times when I've been jealous of her...when she'd earn the praise I coveted. But I've come to consider our differences to be what binds us together and keeps us close. Without those differences, we could do without each other, and we might drift apart. Even so, to hear she's growing and improving... I'm overjoyed! I know she looks up to me—but I'll have to tell her how much much I respect her too...and how proud I am. I know that as long we look out for one another, nothing can keep us from reaching out full potential.
- Nina: Hey, there you are! I just received a message from Commander Anna! Apparently she knows of this event where people who...share my interests discuss their books. She found a whole group of people just like me, using her connections. And all this time I thought I was alone in this hobby... It turns out there are actually quite alot of people who get excited about the same relationships that I do. Of course, it's not just the writers of these spectacular tales that show up to the event...but the readers too. Which means not everyone who attends may fully understand, but still, it means I'm not alone. And just knowing that feels good. I can keep my hobby, and I can let my imagination soar higher than ever! You gave me just the push I needed. Thank you, Summoner. Once we're done here, I'll need to rush to make it to the event... Hehe the world suddenly seems so bright! The camaraderie between two men...It fills me with such joy, and I'm not embarrassed to admit!
- Ophelia: The fog of uncertainty has cleared, and I see the true path forward! Each Hero shines with their own light each one as unique and bright as the next. Much like the stars in the sky, a single shimmering light is not enough to illuminate the darkness. Bu when we Heroes gather, our light becomes one, and even the darkest of nights can be as bright as day! Those of us gathered here will shine a light of peace upon this fair land. Each one of us summoned is a chosen Hero of the darkness! Huh? No? Not the darkness? But it sounds so much cooler! Oh, all right, just let me finish my monologue. Ahem. Anyway. There is no reason for me to worry about who among us is..."more chosen" than who. Nor is it any use fretting over the sheer amount of us who have been chosen. Each of our lights is essential to bring about peace. We cannot afford for a single one to be snuffed out. Furthermore, a single light is not sufficient to protect everyone, but each one has its own special purpose. Even my own light, as dimly as it may shine all by its lonesome, serves a purpose. Something only I can do! Long ago, my father passed some words of wisdom on to me... He said that even if I one day learn that I am not not the chosen one...I can still support the chosen one. And then it will be my duty to ensure they shine even brighter than they would on their own! And so, I shall offer the power of dusk in support of your goal to bring lasting peace to this world. I shall expel all calamity that threatens to befall you! Hrk! The moment I awakened to my true fate...the dusk within me began to stir! It's stronger than ever... Now, let us shine together! As the chosen one chosen by the chosen one, it is my duty to see that you fulfill your duty!
- Silas: You wanted to talk to me about something, Summoner? ...Oh, I see. ...So there are no ranks among the Heroes here? You think each of us is important and irreplaceable? ...What matters is that we're the ones who show up, huh? I guess I never thought of it that way before. Yeah, I get it... Even though there's a ton of famous Heroes here, there are still some things that only I can do. ...You'll what? Really? You'd help me figure out my unique strengths? Wow! I don't think I can express what that means to me. You truly are a great friend, Summoner! It may still be a little out of reach, but I know I'll find my purpose for being summoned into this world soon. On my honor, I swear I'll continue to train both my body and spirit—and I'll keep showing up. I'll do what I can to live up to your expectations and make you proud to count me among your friends. Together, we'll show this world what we can do, Summoner!
Dueling Desires Edit
- Aversa: What a beautiful day! I know...now's my chance to get to know Summoner better... A lot better.
- Loki: Oh, Summoner... I can't find you anywhere! You should know better than to try and hide from me, dearie. How naughty you are!
- Kliff: Are you two...sisters? Cousins maybe?
- Aversa: There must be something wrong with your eyes, little boy. We don't look a thing alike.
- Kliff: It's not your looks, exactly... But there is something about the two of you. It's eerie.
- Loki: Oh, my. Is that so? I think you'll find there's one big difference between us. You see...Summoner likes just ONE of us.
- Aversa: And I imagine you think that it's you... What a show-off.
- Loki: We're like two peas in a very cozy pod, Summoner and I... I'm much more charming than you are, dear. And I'm obviously so much stronger. We make a perfect pair.
- Aversa: Stronger? I think we had better see about that.
- Loki: You want to fight me? How adorable. I'll just have to kill you, then... Too bad, I suppose, but I must do what I have to...for Summoner.
- Owain: Ladies! We are allies here, bound by fate! You must not quarrel! And you certainly can't kill one another!
- Loki: That's...quaint.
- Aversa: Owain. So you were summoned too. Sniveling as usual, I see.
- Owain: Sniveling? The chosen one does not snivel! Now, as we have gathered under one flag as allies, it makes no sense to fight each other! I have an idea... If you would fight, prove your worth on the battlefield. Surely THAT would impress Summoner!
- Loki: You do have something there, dear... I can prove just how strong I am. That sounds like a lot of fun, doesn't it?
- Aversa: I accept the challenge!
- Owain: Then so it shall be! And I, Dark Swordsman, and Kliff, Villager Ablaze, shall decide!
- Kliff: Me? Don't try to rope me into this. And "Villager Ablaze"? What is that?
- Owain: Only a village-dweller of the utmost consequence, snagged in the skein of fate, could be...Villager Ablaze! Your portentous utterances touched off this contest of wills! You must see it through to the bitter end!
- Kliff: What...are...you...talking...about?
Special Conversations - C Edit
- Loki: Looking back on it now, I just can't stop myself from laughing... The look on Alfonse's face when you summoned me... It tickled me so. In fact, they all looked so...crestfallen. But you and other Heroes you've gathered...you have welcomed me into your ranks. You trust me to fight side by side with you. What a fascinating little group you've gathered, Summoner... I'm used to being judged for my appearance, but I am much more responsible that you might think. And now...you've given me an obligation to repay your trust in me. It helps that I'm enjoying it here, dear. I can't help myself! What a lovely world you've got! Thank you so very for summoning me. Hee-hee.
- Aversa: You know, there's just something about you, Summoner. Your face is gentle—so gentle that, had I not seen you in battle, I am not sure that I could have envisaged it... But I have seen you standing there, steely eyed, issuing command after command... Your face is quite something. At times, it shows hard-won wisdom...and at others, childlike naïveté. What matters most to me, however, is that you have have placed your faith in me. In this world, I fight shoulder to shoulder with Heroes who were my bitter foes not so long ago... Yet you trust me. You do, don't you? Since I have arrived here, I have found myself growing more and more taken with you. I wonder where these feelings come from... Are they true feelings, from deep inside me? I do wonder...
- Owain: Emergency! This is an emergency! Sound the alarm! Light the signal fire! Summoner! I need you! I was just out for a stroll when I spied a Hero identical to myself! What foul specter is responsible for this?! Huh? His name is...Odin? He has a face identical to my own. How could this be? Could it be... Could it be that I have discovered the shadow version of myself?! Don't tell me to settle down! I must— Uh... what? Oh, is that so? He and I have both been called forth by your divine weapon... I see. Tell me... Does a weapon for such power such as the Breidablik...bear a second name? It is only right for arms of such untold legend to be baptized with a name of power twice over! Surely you agree! Simply leave this task to none other than Owain Dark. No need to look so shocked and overjoyed! I insist upon doing your divine weapon this honor. This is my specialty, after all. This weapon shall receive a name truer than any name bestowed upon any weapon to date. Tremble in anticipation of my ultimate naming technique... Burning Lexicon of Nomenclature!
- Kliff: Oh, Summoner... What brings you here? You're patrolling? You take your responsibilities awfully seriously don't you? Me? I'm people-watching. When I have nothing to do, this is where you'll find me. Look at all these different Heroes... They all come from different worlds and cultures. It's something, isn't it? Some of them even come from legends... Others are royalty. And me... What am I doing here? There is nowhere else you can find a gathering like this. Nobody in my world would believe me if I told them. And they've all been brought here because of you. It's outstanding. You're too modest, you know. Everybody here knows what you're capable of. And even with all of these Heroes you've gathered, you summoned me. I don't get it... Oh, don't take me too seriously. I'm just thinking out loud. You don't need to start worrying about me.
Dueling Desires - C Edit
- Aversa: Look at their disarray! It's as if they are begging for me to annihilate them.
- Loki: That can't be all of them... Where are the rest? I want to linger over this... and destroy them all, one by one.
- Anna: These two are really something. It's almost like they're competing!
- Alfonse: They are, in fact, in a contest to see who can accomplish more on the battlefield.
- Sharena: They're fighting for the affection of Summoner!
- Anna: They what?! When did this start? No, never mind... The upshot is that two powerful Heroes are motivated to give their all. That's not a bad thing. OK! Let's see where this goes. Don't tell Summoner!
- Alfonse: I don't like the way the enemy is moving. We'd best be wary of any tricks.
- Anna: We can't let our guard down. We must advance cautiously!
- Kliff: Owain... What did you get us into? If they can't get along, let them fight.
- Owain: The power of this pair... It's like a volcano spewing scaling lava on our enemies! This competition...it has drawn out an all-consuming hunger for triumph! Our enemies will be trampled! This devious tactic could only have sprung from beyond the veil of shadows...the mind of Owain Dark!
- Kliff: Using Summoner as bait... This could backfire.
- Owain: Battle demands sacrifices! Like any true warrior, I have no doubt that Summoner understands.
- Kliff: You may have no doubts, but I have plenty.
Special Conversations - B Edit
- Loki: Come now, dear... What's that look? Ah. You're wondering what's got me all aflutter... The situation in Askr—no, all the realms—is electrifying! The strongest Heroes are gathered here, and yet the fighting spreads. War has come! Chaos reigns! If your concentration were to break even for just a moment, destruction might loose itself upon us all... The future is totally unpredictable... Isn't it wonderful? Hee-hee! Oh, come now, my dear. Don't fret. You and I have the same objective. Your goal is to bring the fighting to and end. I will help you achieve your aim... I am completely and totally devoted to you. I am yours in mind and body... and don't you forget it! Hee-hee.
- Aversa: So you've picked up on the worry I'm feeling. You're even more perceptive that I had anticipated. But I'm doing just fine, Summoner. Every ounce of my effort is spent on aiding you, just as it should be. You never fail to notice the slightest change in me... Do you fear my inevitable betrayal so much that you must study every inch of my face at all times? I'm joking, of course. Your eyes are calm and trusting. I do thank you for your consideration. Were I preoccupied by something... I would be sure to come to you. In this world...you are the one I trust above all others.
- Owain: There you are, Summoner! I come bearing a second name for your legendary Breidablik! Merely uttering a name of such sheer greatness nearly caused me, it's very creator to faint in awe. Take special precautions, friend! You may mant to sit down for this. Behold... Superior in every imaginable way, the Heavenly Dominator Breidablik! Er... What is it? That look on your face... Ahe,, that was merely the warm-up name. This is the real name! The Slayer of Devils and Signal to the Gods, the Breaker of Peace and That Which Commands the Darkness! ... Yes, that whole thing is the name. Does it not echo within your very soul?! Then it's settled! No thanks necessary, friend. Other than naming the weapon itself, I would also recommend naming its special techniques. Perhaps witnessing some of my own will inspire you. Here I go! RADIANT...DAAAAAAWN! Hyah! Next, the blade of retaliation...SACRED...STOOOOOONES! Phew! My soul burns ever brighter after calling out such mighty attack names. Hey, Summoner! ...Where are you going? I wasn't done...
- Kliff: I was raised in a tiny corner of nowhere called Ram Village. I guess you could say I'm just another yokel. I joined the Deliverance just to get out of there. It's only because of that decision that I found myself in the company of royalty. Destiny hasn't chosen me for anything. I'm not carrying a legendary blade. I don't have an appointed task. The blood of a hero of old certainly does not flow in my veins. I'm no different than anybody else in the world. So why am I here? I can't make sense of it. I know you've told me I shouldn't worry about it. Well, my reply is this—that's very easy for you to say. After all, you're one of the big shots around here. I'm sorry, but...people like me? Regular people? They'd laugh at anyone who'd say this is no big deal. I don't have a problem with you, but... This situation is a bit disheartening. Can't you see that?
Dueling Desires - B Edit
- Loki: Well, well. That's all of them, isn't it?
- Aversa: And now for the verdict. Who's better?
- Owain: The stars are misaligned. A cosmic miasma grips my brain... I cannot choose a winner! Villager Ablaze! Fate calls upon you. Proclaim the victor!
- Kliff: What? Me?
- Aversa: Let us hear it, then. The result should be clear.
- Loki: Tell us, dear. Just let one little word fall from your lips... It's not hard, is it?
- Kliff: Get back! Both of you!
- Sharena: I need you to listen! Something terrible has happened!
- Aversa: Something terrible is about to happen here, too... Maybe. Hee-hee.
- Sharena: They have Summoner!
- Aversa: What did you say?!
- Sharena: We noticed that the enemy's movements were unusual... It was all a ploy to capture our summoner! Commander Anna and my brother are chasing them now!
- Loki: Oh dear. That IS terrible. We had better hurry after them.
- Aversa: We must first consider the situation. Thoughtlessness could prove fatal. Do we have a map of the area?
- Sharena: Ye—yes! Right here!
- Aversa: Look closely. With terrian like this, a small group could pursue them with ease.
- Loki: It seems you have a plan, dear. Shall I accompany you?
- Aversa: Yes. And Owain and Kliff—you two are coming as well.
- Owain: Uh...yes! Owain Dark stands ever at the ready, his power at your call!
- Kliff: I never wanted to be roped into this...but what else am I going to do?
Special Conversations - A Edit
- Loki: If there were one request I could make of you, my dear... I'd love to fight the other Loki in this world...and fight her. I've always wanted to see what it would be like to fight myself... Hee-hee-hee. When you train, you're pitted against yourself. That's the cliché anyway. But it's hardly a life-or-death situation, is it? But here...here I can enjoy a battle against myself. Truly. Evenly matched, we can fight to the death. Doesn't that sound thrilling? Of course, I'd be victorious. That's because I have you on my side, Summoner. Your dream is to see peace in this realm. That can never happen unless we defeat the other Loki... Who better to defeat myself than me? We will make your dream come true...together.
- Aversa: If you have the time...I would speak with you. You see...before I came to this world my memories were manipulated. I was controlled...and I did some truly dreadful things. I thought those false memories were true. I never expected to regain any sense of my former self... Even now, I am uneasy, thinking that the memories in my head were placed there by someone else. Since the moment I was summoned by you, I have found you perfectly enchanting. But are my feelings real? Or are they as false as my memories? What truly is real is your kindness... It's as though you're suffering right alongside me. Still... Even if I know you are a good person, even if I have no cause to doubt your sincerity... I can't forget what happened to me. Even now...I feel as if my anxiety is all that I can trust.
- Owain: Hey, why do I fuss over names, you ask? Well, allow me to enlighten you on this most secret an sacred art. The sword that I wield... Its cutting edge is no better than any common steel blade lying around. However, upon being christened with a name, it becomes unique. Truly one of a kind. It becomes a chosen blade! In short, rushing into battle wielding a weapon with a name gets you blood pumping! You were chosen to wield the Breidablik in order to call upon Heroes of exceptional skill. Therefore, do you not think that your weapon deserves as many unique name as you can give it? Anyway, I just wanted to give a taste of the type of enhancements a named weapon can provide. However, I suppose every person is different... No two fate are alike. Twisting one's fate something else is a power not even I possess. So if you say that your weapon needs no additional names... Then I must respect that decision.
- Kliff: I think I figured out what was bothering me. The Heroes here treat me as an equal. Commoner or noble? That doesn't matter on the battlefield. Of course, there are exceptions, but... In general, they treat me no differently than anybody else. If social status isn't an issue, then...difference in ability becomes one. You might say I'm a fool to let that bother me. But saving another world? It's too big a task to contemplate. Why would something that huge fall to somebody like me? It's not like you get a choice about the Heroes you summon. You called it an opportunity. I'd call it chance. But if it is an opportunity...it would be a waste not to make the most of it, wouldn't it? So that means...I had better figure out what I need to do. It's past time that I understood what it means to be summoned here by you, Summoner.
Dueling Desires - A Edit
- Loki: There...that carriage. We've got them. Things are going according to plan...
- Aversa: It's time to move. You'll have ample opportunity to show off after we capture them.
- Loki: Just you watch! I need but a moment to concentrate...and to picture dear Summoner...
(Loki takes form of Summoner)
- Aversa: Well! You certainly can be handy to have around. I can't find a single flaw... I'll seize this opening! Now!
- Kliff: Whoa! So that's what Loki is capable of... She looks just like Summoner!
- Owain: Now that Loki has taken the guise of the summoner... The enemy has been thrown into confusion!
- Kliff: Maybe they think they have the fake. I wonder...
- Owain: The enemy has has stopped! Yes, yes! Things are going to plan! Now's our chance to strike!
- Anna: For a moment there, I was worried! It seems as though everything's been brought under control, however.
- Owain: The rescue is complete, the enemy has been vanquished, and peace has descended once again!
- Kliff: Seeing those two combine their talents to save the day was incredible. Why don't they focus on cooperating? It's the best way to help Summoner!
- Owain: This all makes choosing a winner impossible... By joining your talents, sisters of the darkness...you have truly answered the call of the summoner!
- Loki: I'm not really following you, but I...suppose so. Aversa, I must say...you have impressed me. I acknowledge your strength.
- Aversa: I welcome that. I feel much the same. You may not compare to Grima...but you are powerful indeed. I have no choice but to admit it.
- Loki: And with that...wouldn't you say we should devote ourselves to being Summoner's favorites?
- Alfonse: It seems that it all comes back to Summoner in the end.
- Sharena: Wait a second! If those two are the favorites, what about me? Can I be number three?
- Anna: Sharena...this is a delicate situation can't you see that? Now, then! Our mission continues! And if you want to vie for the attention of Summoner...do it on the battlefield!
Special Conversations - S Edit
- Loki: This...this is what I have been searching for. Fight, after fight, after fight... None can say who will win or lose. And I get my marching orders from the adorable Summoner! I am so grateful that you have summoned me, darling. I have been on a very, very long journey...and believe it was meant to end with us meeting. My body, my heart...they are yours now. Your will is my wish. What kind of world will you show me next? I can't wait to see! Hee-hee.
- Aversa: If I caused you any worry before, rest assured that I am right now, Summoner. I've realized something important. Though you summoned me, you have never once tried to control me. No matter what trouble we find ourselves in, your respect is unwavering. And whenever I have a problem, you always take the time to encourage me... I make my own decisions. My heart is mine alone. Because you are who you are, I have decided to lend you my strength. This decision, too, is mine. No one is forcing me to act. It is clear to me now—I wish to walk by your side and lend you my aid. Wherever you go, I will be there. That is my choice!
- Owain: What?! Can it really be so?! That such a legend should already exist... I must humbly beg your forgiveness! Had I known the Breidablik already had a hidden second name, I would have never been so presumtuous— Huh? If the taboo words are uttered even in passing, it would distort and warp space and time itself?! So that is why you could not accept my objectively awesome suggestion. Knowing this tale, it feels as though a great weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I should have expected nothing less from my master, the great summoner! Thank the heavens for overseeing this most fortuitous meeting! Hey, Summoner... Strike an awesome pose with me! Let's go! I, Owain Dark, do hereby swear to lend you my strength, and to stand by your side as your legend unfolds!
- Anna: ...What in the...
- Alfonse: Um... I just... I had no idea the Breidablik had a legend of that...severity...behind it...
- Anna: I, um... Yeah.... Pretty sure that's just a load of—
- Kliff: Oh, hello there. I'm doing OK, I guess. Thanks for asking. Better than OK, you think? I guess you could say that, now that you mention it. I imagine you're still thinking about our conversation, about how I had better figure out why I'm here... It would be a waste if I didn't get anything out of this experience, so I've been pondering on how to do it. Like I said, there's nothing special about me. But I have an opportunity to study all of these Heroes... I can use the situation to my advantage and learn by observation day after day. Think about what these Heroes are capable of! I could really learn a lot. I have the ability to study. I can come to understand the world. I may be a regular person...but I have a future ahead of me. I have potential to grow. Even I could become worthy of being called a Hero. Maybe that's why you had your eyes on me... I was just joking, but you're awfully quick to agree. Hearing you it...well, it offers me a little hope. Just a little bit mind you. So even if I'm no king and I'm no legend...expect great things from me in the future. I maybe from a tiny village, but that just means my chance to become the strongest villager in the world!
The Sworn Oath Edit
- Ylgr: Good morning, Gunnthrá... *yawn*
- Gunnthrá: You're up rather early, little sister. Did you have a bad dream?
- Ylgr: Not bad just...strange. I was with you, Fjorm, and Hríd... It was night, and we were in a forest around a fire... And there was someone else there. Someone I didn't recognize. They were wearing a hood...
- Gunnthrá: Oh! Together around a campfire. That sounds like fun. But who could the mysterious stranger be?
- Ylgr: I don't know. They were watching us. It wasn't scary, but it wasn't exactly normal either.
- Gunnthrá: I wonder...do you have the same power over dreams that I do? That person... They might be important to us sometime in the future.
- Ylgr: Do you think so? If I dream of them again...I'll ask them!
- Hríd: Morning tidings, Gunnthrá...and Ylgr, I see.
- Ylgr: Oh, Hríd! Good morning! And you too, Fjorm!
- Fjorm: Now, this is strange. This early, you're usually still asleep!
- Hríd: I need to speak with you, Gunnthrá. It seems that our worries have become reality, my sister. Surtr is coming, with the Fiery Hordes of Múspell at his back.
- Gunnthrá: Oh no! I had hoped that this was nothing more than a silly fear of mine... What will this mean for Nifl?
- Ylgr: Does this mean there will be a war, Hríd?
- Fjorm: You mustn't worry, Ylgr. We are protected by Nifl, the dragon of ice.
- Hríd: Our country is ringed by snowcapped mountains. They have repelled invaders for thousands of years.
- Ylgr: Really? Then we have nothing to worry about. Right?
- Fjorm: You must pray, Ylgr. Pray for the people of Nifl. Pray for our family. Pray for peace.
- Ylgr: Of course! I'll do whatever you need me to do. Tell me how I can help!
- Gunnthrá: I hope that this storm passes harmlessly by... But I... I...
- Hríd: Sister...
Special Conversations - C Edit
- Ylgr: (screen turns to white) So... soft. Mmm... Wait... am I dreaming? Wait a minute! I remember you! You’ve been showing in my dreams lately. Who are you? You are not from Nifl. You are a good person, though. I can tell. How can I be so sure? I can just tell. Your warmth... it’s the warmth of the sun... I don’t know what it is, but I feel safe when you’re around. It’s almost like you are one of us... like you are part of our family. Hee-hee. I’m Ylgr, the youngest princess of Nifl. Tell me your name. Hmmm... Summoner... I see. Visit me again, OK? I don’t know anything about you yet! Next time, we need to talk. Really talk. OK? (screen turns to white)
- Hríd: (screen turns to white) This sensation... it’s so strange. Am I dreaming? Who’s there? that hood... You’re are the same person who appeared in Ylgr’s dream, aren’t you? Dream though this may be, this meeting mamy be significant. I am Hrid, prince of Nifl. Would you tell me your name? So it’s Summoner, is it? This may be our first meeting, yet you are so familiar to me... I feel there must be some connection between us... yes, I feel I know you. You seem to know me! (screen turns to white)
- Fjorm: Gunnthrá...tonight is the night, isn't it? For the Rite of Dreams...
- Gunnthrá: Yes. I have gone to the temple and offered my prayers to Nifl, the dragon of ice.
- Ylgr: I really want to know about this person you're going to meet in your dream... When I wake up, I forget almost everything! But with your powers, you should be able to remember. I'm jealous! That sounds wonderful...
- Hríd: The Rite of Dreams has always been connected to the fate of Nifl... I hope that you learn much that may help us.
- Ylgr: Good luck!
- Gunnthrá: Thank you, Ylgr. Perhaps the person you have been speaking to is the same person I am fated to meet...
- Fjorm: I will pray for your success, my sister.
- Gunnthrá: Thank you, Fjorm. I look forward to this meeting...with the one my fate is bound to.
- Fjorm: Ah... Aagh! So hot...burning... Aaagh! An ocean of flames? Where am I?
- Surtr: Hah-hah-hah! Weaklings, all of you, fit only to burn!
- Hríd: Guh!
- Gunnthrá: Aah!
- Ylgr: Hríd! Gunnthrá! Fjorm! Help!
- Fjorm: Ylgr? Hríd, Gunnthrá! Where are you?
- Surtr: Hah-hah-hah! Feel my flames devour you...devour your very souls!
- Fjorm: How can you be so cruel? To laugh in the faces of your victims! Are you a man or a devil?
- Surtr: The weak are slaughtered. That is the proper order. It is your turn to burn! I will char your bones till they are ash!
- Sharena: No you don't!
- Anna: Not if we can help it!
- Fjorm: Who are—
- Alfonse: We must save Princess Fjorm! Your orders, Summoner?
- Fjorm: You're here...to save me? Just who are you? Who...
The Sworn Oath - C Edit
- Gunnthrá: Fjorm...I see that you are training diligently. Please... don't overdo it.
- Fjorm: I'm fine Gunnthrá. I know my limits. I must be sure that when the time comes, I am ready. What about you, my sister? You have performed the Rite of Dreams many times. Are you not overtaxed?
- Gunnthrá: I am fine, Fjorm. though I do appreciate your concern. I am uneasy, my sister. And so, as long as I remain safe...I must continue the rite. For the future of Nifl...
- Fjorm: I see. I hope that your anxieties are misplaced, but...I understand.
- Gunnthrá: Through dreams, I can meet with one who plays a large part in our fate. If the rite is successful, I just know that I am doing what I can to help Nifl find a bright future. I am no warrior. This is all I can do.
- Fjorm: That isn't true! Your magic is without equal. I could certainly not defeat you!
- Gunnthrá: I am not so sure about that, my sister. I have seen your strength grow. Remember, I have been watching over you since you were little... I know you will do your best to protect Nifl and its people. I want to see you succeed, Fjorm.
- Fjorm: I will do everything I can.
Special Conversations - B Edit
- Ylgr: Oh, good. You're back! Hey, Summoner... It's really odd. I know I've heard that name before, but when I wake up, I can't remember it. Even if I try really hard to hang on to the memory, my dreams always fade away... My sister Gunnthrá is different. Thanks to the rite she performs, she remembers her dreams, but I can't. But when you came back to me, I could remember your name. That's enough to make me happy. It's weird. Just being next to you fills me with warmth. Here, take my hand... Yup. I can feel the warmth of your body spreading through me. You ARE like the sun. I know you'll keep me safe and warm if I just stay with you... The world...feels like it's coming apart. And I'm going to wake up soon. So I hope that I can remember you Summoner... Even after I wake up.
- Hríd: Hello, Summoner. It seems that dreams must be our only meeting place. It's strange—I can't recall a thing about you when I wake. But when I dream, it all comes rushing back. It seems I lack my sister Gunnthrá's power over dreams. I apologize if I was curt with you before. My country is heading for calamity. I am ill at ease. You seem so calm. Perhaps you realm does not know war... No, I see that I am wrong. You do know the way of battle. No matter the world, it seems that no one can escape conflict. The people of Nifl, my realm...they do not stoke the flames of war. You see, we do not seek conflict—because we are not willing to lose a single life. Not one.
- Gunnthrá: I...where am I? This realm... Oh! It's you. I am so very pleased to meet you. I am the eldest princess of Nifl. My name is Gunnthrá. Thanks to a very ancient rite...I am able to speak to you in dreams. This is my dream...but it is also your dream, isn't it? You're somewhere totally different than I am, aren't you? It's not Nifl. I can see you so clearly... The features if your face, the clothes you wear... I can see it all. I must thank you. You heard my call, and you responded. From now on, no one else will appear in my dreams... Ah...fading... We...must part... Will...again...
- Fjorm: Can we talk, Ylgr?
- Ylgr: Sure thing, Fjorm. Do you need something? Whatever it is, just let me know.
- Fjorm: I want to ask you about that dream you mentioned.
- Ylgr: My mysterious stranger?
- Fjorm: Yes, exactly. You said they were with us in the dream. I want to know who they are.
- Ylgr: We've talked many times in my dreams...but when I wake up, I can never remember anything. Since that first dream we've spoken several times. But I still have no idea who I'm talking to! Who do you want to know? Did you have a dream too?
- Fjorm: Yes, I did. It was very strange. And I can barely remember a thing about it... Someone saved me from terrible danger. That's really all I can remember.
- Ylgr: That sounds scary! If you like, I can sleep with you tonight. That should help.
- Fjorm: I appreciate the offer, Sister, but I think I shall be fine.
- Ylgr: Maybe your mysterious stranger and my mysterious stranger...are the same!
- Fjorm: Yes... Gunnthrá has more power over dreams than we do. Maybe she knows this person's identity. Their fate may be closely twined with that of Nifl.
The Sworn Oath - B Edit
- Fjorm: Training went well today, Brother.
- Hríd: Yes. The soldiers are making progress, day by day... My concern is that we have lived peaceful lives for so long that out instinct for battle has atrophied. I worry that we cannot make up for that.
- Fjorm: Can I ask you a question, Hríd?
- Hríd: Why did I give you Leiptr?
- Fjorm: Yes. The Lance of Ice... It had remained concealed until now...and so had all of its divine power. Shouldn't you be the one to wield it?
- Hríd: I have not changed my mind, Fjorm. The one who must wield Leiptr is you.
- Fjorm: Yet when we spar, I never win...
- Hríd: It is true that if you compare our raw fighting skill, I am above you. But your will is unbreakable, like a wall of solid ice.
- Fjorm: You think so? Truly?
- Hríd: Have you ever given up, after the many times I have bested you? You have never skipped a day of training. Your aim is still to win. No matter the odds you face, you never falter...even in the face of Surtr's flames, I'd wager. Your will in unwavering. Your focus is on winning.
- Fjorm: Hríd...
- Hríd: Fjorm, if something does happen to me, please...protect mother and our sisters.
- Fjorm: What? No! I— Nothing like that will happen, Hríd! Why... Why would you say that?
- Hríd: Calm yourslef, Sister. How could I not say it? I have no intention of dying. Until Nifl is safe, I will do all that I can to survive.
- Fjorm: One that we can agree, my brother.
Special Conversations - A Edit
- Ylgr: I can't remember your name when I wake up. It's SO frustrating! I always remember that I met somebody but not who. In Nifl, it's always snowing...and the sun doesn't come out very often. Just seeing the sun makes me happy. And when I see you, I'm as happy as if I'd seen the sun. Hee-hee. Why don't I do somewhere warm? Hmm... You're right. I would like to go somewhere sunny. I read about a tropical island once in a book... I'd like to go lots of places. I want to travel to different realms and meet all kinds of people! Right now, Nifl and Múspell are at war. But there must be someone in Múspell who I could make friends with. I wish people could just get along. I wish everyone could live without a care... You do too, don't you? We could live lives of happiness—all of us. That's what I want.
- Hríd: It has been some time since we last spoke, Summoner. It's strange...you appear to me when I am troubled. King Surtr of Múspell has invaded. I am unsure if Nifl has the power to stop him. I carry the weight of it all—the future of Nifl and that of my family. In truth, I do not believe we have the power to stop Surtr, no matter how we prepare. When I wake, I will go back to my responsibilities. I must keep morale high. It is only here that I can reveal my misgivings about our chances. When I am with you, I cannot keep my emotions contained. Is it because this is a dream? Or do you draw them out of me? There must be some reason that you have appeared before me. Whatever that reason is, I have no doubt that Nifl's fate hinges on it.
- Gunnthrá: There you are... I had so hoped we would meet again in our dreams. I can sense a great power in you. It's very different than any in Nifl. We're speaking together now...but that doesn't mean our "now" is the same... Past, present, and future... You can speak to me across time, or so I believe. Right now, our kingdom, Nifl, is in great peril. But you know our fate, don't you? If you can help me make that future a good one... Well, I would give anything for that. I would entrust our very fate to you. Please, lead them all—everyone I care about. My brither, my sisters, my mother... Please. That is what I would ask of you. Please...bring light... Nifl...
- Fjorm: So you've been having unusual dreams too?
- Hríd: I have. In them, I'm deep in discussion with...someone. About the future of Nifl, I believe. But when I wake...I cannot remember a word. It all disappears, as if into mist...
- Fjorm: It's the same with me. I feel that these dreams are important, but I can't recall them...
- Hríd: I asked Gunnthrá about this. She believes we may possess a fragment of her power over dreams. The dreams she believes, may offer hints of Nifl's future.
- Fjorm: So it stands to reason that the person we meet is important to the fate of Nifl. Múspell may invade any day now. Perhaps as soon as tomorrow. The dreams may be a warning of imminent crisis.
- Hríd: Dreams are dreams. They cannot change reality. We can ponder their significance, but... We have no choice but to prepare for battle here, in the real world.
- Fjorm: You're right, of course. It is our job to secure the future of Nifl and its people.
The Sworn Oath - A Edit
- Hríd: Our scouts have reported back. Múspell's army, led by Surtr is advancing toward the capital.
- Gunnthrá: The time has finally come.
- Ylgr: Their army is much bigger than ours, isn't it? And Surtr...he terrifies me.
- Hríd: On his march, he has already burnt villages to ash. They're gone now...
- Fjorm: I cannot stand for this any longer! Let's face them, Brother!
- Ylgr: Can we win? Surtr's undying flame... There's nothing we can do about it!
- Gunnthrá: Nifl, the dragon if ice, will protect us. Do not be afraid, Ylgr.
- Hríd: We must protect this land and its people—no matter what. It is our family's duty as Nifl's royalty. Gunnthrá, Fjorm, Ylgr...grasp my hand in yours. Let us make an oath here and now.
- Fjorm: Yes! A sacred vow, as our family has done since ancient times!
- Hríd: Nifl, ice dragon... We are your children. We now swear an oath. We will give all we have to be victorious and to protect the people of Nifl!
- Gunnthrá: For the sake of the people, we swear!
- Fjorm: For peace, we swear!
- Ylgr: For our future, we swear!
- Gunnthrá: It is done. If we combine our strength, we will succeed. And our mysterious stranger, whom I met in a dream... They will lend us strength too.
- Fjorm: It is time. For the future of Nifl, we must win this fight!
- Ylgr: Whatever I can do, I will!
- Hríd: Whatever lays before us, may Nifl's protection be with us all—always!
Special Conversations - S Edit
- Ylgr: Tell me what to do, Summoner... My brother and sister keep trying to convince me things wil be OK, but I'm worried. You're trying to cheer me up, aren't you? Thanks. You asked me if I wanted to go somewhere warm. I remembered that even after I woke up... I already have somewhere warm...my home. My family. My mother, Gunnthrá, Fjorm, and Hríd... Even if we're buried in snow, I'll still have that warmth inside of me as long as we're together. And I'd like to be with you too. In real life, I mean. Not just in a dream. Maybe I will be able to meet you. I hope it's soon. I'll be able to introduce you to everyone. They all mean so much to me... Promise me that we'll meet one day. And when we do...we'll smile. Together. OK?
- Hríd: Yet again we meet, Summoner. I am glad of it. This may be the last time we can meet like this. Surtr has invaded. Tomorrow, I head to the battlefield. The difference in power between our forces is stark. But if we can strike Surtr down, Nifl may survive... Even if it means my life, I intend to defeat that man. I would gladly give my life to protect the people of Nifl. Everything is in motion... I have given Fjorm Leiptr, the Lance of Ice. Should something happen to me, my sisters are prepared to lead Nifl. You're shaking your head... Don't throw your life away, you say? But what if I have no choice? I must protect my family. To do that, I would die without hesitation. If we join our strength, then none of us need die? You have a point. Till now, I have only thought about how I might protect them...but that is not the only path. Thank you, Summoner. You have eased my fears. Because the Kingdom of Nifl must continue, I need to survive. I hope that we may meet one day, out there in the world. The possibility may be remote, but...if I do meet you amid the flames of battle, lend me your strength. I say this though I am certain I will forget it once I wake... Some part of me, deep in my soul, will recall these moments. I very much want to believe that. I will do my utmost to survive, as you ask. And my sisters and I will clear a path for Nifl's future.
- Gunnthrá: How may times have we met in dreams in like this? To you, I am one of many who vies for your attention from all the worlds... And yet among thousands, you chose me. I cling to that shining thread, that miraculous possibility that binds us together. We will meet here one day, in Nifl. To prepare for that day, I need your name, which will be inscribed in our fates. It's Summoner? Yes, Summoner... I will not forget you name. We are tied together, you and I. When we meet, I will give you all that I have to give, and you will clear the path to the future for us. That is what I believe. No matter what awaits me...I look forward to the day we can finally meet, Summoner.
- Fjorm: I feel...strange. Am I dreaming? I...can remember you. Yes, I know you—Summoner! Tell me—what connection do you have to the future of Nifl? Will we meet one day?
- Alfonse: Yes. You will meet.
- Fjorm: I remember you! I remember all of you... You saved me once—in a dream.
- Anna: Princess Fjorm, the road ahead is full of both greetings and partings.
- Sharena: And we may not be able to see the future from where we stand now.
- Fjorm: What are you trying to tell me—tell us?
- Alfonse: The future has not been written. We cannot yet know how our paths will cross.
- Anna: There is one thing that is certain, however. We are your allies. No matter what happens, do not give up.
- Sharena: When we finally meet, we will give you all of the help we can. Please don't forget that!
- Fjorm: These dreams...they are not nightmares. It seems that you have brought me allies and that you will bring me more... Thank you, Summoner. Even if fate dictates that Múspell's fury will ravage this land...I will not lose heart. If I wake now, I will surely forget this dream. But your words will remain a part of me. I will not bend. I will stand up to fate and move forward on my path. I have to believe that hope exists, even if I must find it beyond the snow-dusted plains of my home...
Hearts as One Edit
- Sharena: Aaand that's really all there is to tell you about the castle. If you have any other questions, don't be shy!
- Tibarn: If something comes up, we will know where to turn. Thank you for giving up your time for us.
- Leanne: Thank you... Very much.
- Sharena: Oh, it's no problem at all! I'm just happy to have some more new faces. I'm sure we'll speak again soon.
- Nailah: What an honor that the Princess of Askr offered up her time to give us a tour of the castle.
- Tibarn: Yes. These people certainly seem much more hospitable than those of most other beorc countries.
- Nailah: It's odd—I already feel comfortable here, somehow. I never expected to witness Heroes from entirely different worlds joining together like this. It's wonderful. And being surrounded by so many Heroes... I want to fight them all to put my skills to the test!
- Reyson: Hm...
- Tibarn: Why so grim, Reyson? Is something the matter?
- Reyson: No, it's nothing.
- Nailah: Well, shall we head out, King Tibarn? Seems like it is about time we show everyone here how we laguz fight.
Special Conversations - C Edit
- Alfonse: Seems you've been having some nice conversations with Heroes in the hall, King Tibarn. Enjoying yourself?
- Tibarn: I have been in fact. I was surprised to see so many beorc kings here. Yes, there is no shortage of kings among the Heroes who have been summoned here to our world... In my world, the laguz kings came together to talk once upon a time... There was a diplomatic king who sought to overcome race, a hardened king that kept his borders closed...and a king that would strike at any country that showed signs if its weakness, however slight. All of them had nerves of steel. I get the feeling the beorc kings here are drawn from the same sort of fiber.
- Alfonse: I could be the very thing that makes them worthy of their thrones...and worthy of being Heroes.
- Tibarn: Perhaps... And you—you are in line to take the throne, are you not?
- Alfonse: I am. But...there is much I still have to learn about what it means to be a king before I'm ready.
- Sharena: And that's the story. After that, Leanne continued to slumber in the forest...
- Alfonse: The heron clan of Serenes spoke mainly in the ancient language... That explains a lot.
- Leanne: But...I want to...talk more. Elincia-queen, Alfonse, Sharena, Commander Anna... I want to talk Summoner, too.
- Sharena: Of course! The more you talk to us the better friends we become. It's decided, then! While you're here, I'll help you study! I'm happy to help, myself. It'll make it easier for Leanne to find her place here.
- Leanne: Oh! Thank you! I...happy. I will... best doing. Talk to everybody!
- Sharena: There's no time to waste! Let's work on a plan of attack...
- Alfonse: I'm sure Summoner has some ideas, too.
- Leanne: Let's...hard work! No... Work hard!
- Reyson: ...Ugh. How?!
- Anna: What's the matter, Prince Reyson? You look troubled. Is it serious?
- Reyson: I was just walking down the hall, and well...I ran into a Hero wearing some armor—heavy, sturdy-looking stuff. Right! Er... You do have armor where you're from, don't you?
- Reyson: Oh, I was more shocked by who inside! I expected some hulking, musclebound figure... But instead there was this twig of girl—she was even thinner than I am! She must be incredibly strong-willed to heft around around such heavy armor with so slight a body!
- Anna: You're likely right. Although we humans have no special powers and cannot transform like you laguz...if we work hard enough, we can grow into robust soldiers, strong enough to wear massive armor!
- Reyson: Hard work, hm? That's all? If I could get that strong with a little hard work, I would spare no effort! Then I could take to the field like Tibarn and impress foes with my might and endurance!
- Anna: I'm not sure wearing armor would play to your particular strengths...
- Reyson: But wouldn't I be—
- Anna: Prince Reyson, you are already contributing quite enough to the fight. Please don't fret over that.
- Reyson: I'm not worried. I just... I could do even more if I were stronger...
- Sharena: Oh! Are you headed out, Nailah?
- Nailah: I am. I want to converse with some of the Heroes who have gathered here.
- Alfonse: You know, Heroes are often slightly bewildered by the sudden change of surroundings after being summoned... But now that I think about it, you haven't been the least timid from the first moment you arrived.
- Nailah: This place is quite like homeland, Hatari. There, laguz and beorc, many tribes and races, all live together. This castle is the same. Many kinds of Heroes are gathered here, from many nations and backgrounds.
- Sharena: Huh! So that's why you take to it so naturally!
- Nailah: My country is surrounded by desert and was separated from outsiders for a long time. Thanks to that separation, Hatari was spared when it came to wars, but...it could get a little boring, to be honest. Talking and training with some of the Heroes gathered here, however...there's never a dull moment. That reminds me... I ought to thank Summoner for this.
Hearts as One - C Edit
- Tibarn: Something troubling you, Reyson?
- Reyson: Hm? I wouldn't say so. Physically, I feel...normal. And the quality of the water and air is good as well...
- Tibarn: Right. But the royalty and citizens of this kingdom are all beorc. Could that be what has you worried?
- Reyson: Hm. No use trying to hide anything from you, Tibarn. You've seem right through me.
- Tibarn: Hm. Just as I thought.
- Reyson: I can't help it. I accepted Apostle Sanaki's apology, and I know some beorc, like Ike, can be trusted, but... I cannot forget what their kind did to us. Just because some can be trusted doesn't mean others are worthy. Of course I recognize that the people of Askr are not the same as the beorc who destroyed our home... It's just... I can trust them in my head, but in my heart there is only fire and grief.
- Sharena: I'm so sorry.
- Tibarn: Princess Sharena? How long have you been—
- Sharena: I'm sorry! I didn't mean to eavesdrop! I was just—
- Reyson: Hmph!
- Sharena: Wait—Reyson, don't go! I didn't mean to...interrupt.
- Tibarn: Sorry, Princess Sharena. Reyson...well, the whole heron clan harbor some ill feelings toward beorc. He's trying to move past it, but it's no easy feat to set aside the burning of your home. Please, forgive him.
- Sharena: I'm the one who was eavesdropping! I should be asking for his forgiveness!
- Tibarn: Surely you didn't come here just to accidentally eavesdrop... Was there something you wanted?
- Sharena: Oh! Right! An enemy army has appeared in a port to the south... I was told bird laguz might have an advantage in battle on the sea, so...I came to ask for your help!
- Tibarn: Sounds like a good excuse to stretch my wings. I'll go find Reyson.
- Sharena: Thank you, Tibarn!
Special Conversations - B Edit
- Tibarn: You seem to be awfully excited, Alfonse. What do you have there?
- Alfonse: This volume contains all sorts of information about governing a large country as king!
- Tibarn: I see... And how will you govern your people when the time has come for you to take the throne?
- Alfonse: Hmm... If I were to strive for my ideal vision of a king, I would... Well, I want my people to know peace...and for everyone, even the unfortunate, to live happily! I imagine I must seem quite naive from where you stand.
- Tibarn: Not at all. In my world, there was a beorc king that thought as you do. So then, do you have a plan for achieving these goals of yours?
- Alfonse: N-no... I am still just learning theory—and so much of my efforts go toward fighting with the Order of Heroes... It may be some time before I am able to more clearly see how to reach the future of my dreams.
- Tibarn: Well, there are many shapes an ideal country can take, but it is the leader's charge to show their people the way.
- Alfonse: I understand... I will be sure to keep that in my mind. Thank you.
- Sharena: Experience is the best teacher, they say... That's how we'll teach you, Leanne!
- Leanne: Ex... Experience?
- Alfonse: In your case, it means that you should talk to a lot of different people and remember the words they use. You'll learn a lot faster than if you sit at a desk and study.
- Leanne: Oh... Talk a lot... To a lot...
- Sharena: Exactly. This castle is brimming with Heroes, which means plenty of people to talk to. And the more you talk to people, the sooner you'll make friends with them. This is a great plan!
- Alfonse: People will learn about you, and you'll learn from them.
- Leanne: I...try.
- Sharena: That's the spirit! Do your best, and always remember that we're here to help, too.
- Leanne: Talk...everyone. Work hard!
- Anna: I'm not sure what to tell you Prince Reyson... I don't know that there is a secret to being an armored soldier...
- Reyson: I just want to understand how they grow so strong and robust through hard work alone. Of course, I want to do more than admire them from a distance... I want to learn from their training. But it doesn't seem to matter how hard I work; I am still unable to get the results I seek...
- Anna: Hmm... Well, if lack of training isn't the problem, could it be the food you eat? Or could you be eating too little?
- Reyson: Now that you mention it, the laguz of the hawk clan eat meat, but we heron clan laguz cannot stomach it. Some of us have even come close to death by trying their food...
- Anna: All right. So meat's off the table. Too bad... I imagine it would give you the best results if you could eat it. But don't you worry! The customer gets what the customer wants—that's the Anna motto! I'm going to find out exactly what the armored soldiers eat, just for you!
- Reyson: That may be just what I need...
- Anna: It's certainly possible! I'll go start asking around right now, so expect to hear back from me soon!
- Nailah: It's odd that the people of Askr seem so unconcerned when they see us laguz around.
- Anna: It's not too odd if you consider the fact that they've seen many other Heroes transform into dragons.
- Nailah: Ah, the dragon tribe, Manakete... That is what they're called here, yes? I suppose their presence does explain the lack of surprised looks when one of us laguz transforms.
- Anna: Well, to be honest, it is quite shocking to see someone change into a dragon right in front of you, but... I think humans just get used to things they see all the time. Now we just know when they're giving their all.
- Nailah: I see... Everything unfamiliar grows comfortable with time.
- Anna: To let you in on a little something, I've actually developed a new type of clothing.
- Nailah: What do you mean?
- Anna: So when the manakete turn into dragons...they're kind of...naked. Well, they have no clothes, right? BUT...imagine if there were special clothes designed for dragons, so they could be warm even in snow and ice! And dragonfolks could put their style on display even while they're in their dragon forms! The idea basically sells itself, right?
- Nailah: Growing comfortable with unfamiliar people is one thing, but then turning around and marketing to them... Huh.
Hearts as One - B Edit
- Tibarn: All right! Time to show these beorc what we can do! Reyson, Leanne—I'm counting on your support.
- Reyson: Kepp an eye out for bows!
- Nailah: The enemy is on the move! This is where the fun begins...
- Anna: We're moving in There are plenty of places to hide around here—don't get caught in an ambush!
- Sharena: Understood, Commander!
- Nailah: Hm. No shortage of foes here... But I've never been one to turn down a meal for being too large!
- Alfonse: Th-they're so fast! Is this how all laguz fight?! Incredible!
- Anna: She's the queen of Hatari for a reason! Now, let's get out there and help before we miss all the action.
- Leanne: Let's all...show them!
- Reyson: Leanne, that's too far—come back! We have no idea where the enemy might be hid—
- Leanne: Aah!
- Sharena: I've got your back, Leanne! Yaah!
- Leanne: Thank you... Sharena...you are...hurt?
- Sharena: N-no, I'm all right! Are you?
- Leanne: Not hurt... Sorry... Will be careful.
- Reyson: Princess Sharena! You're wounded! Why would you risk life like that? You could have been killed!
- Sharena: M-my friend was...in trouble... Do I need more reason than that?
- Reyson: Your...friend?
- Anna: You did well, Sharena. Now, leave the rest to us!
- Sharena: A-all right... Be careful, everyone...
- Leanne: Sharena...
- Reyson: Hm. If these beorc can see a laguz as a friend worth saving, then maybe...
Special Conversations - A Edit
- Tibarn: You're asking what I would do if I had to choose between saving my people and the lives of others?
- Alfonse: That's right. Oh, and the lives you do not choose to save will be lost.
- Tibarn: I would choose to save my people, without question or hesitation. My people have placed their faith in me, so I must repay their trust by acting in their best interest.
- Alfonse: Of course, as royalty, you must must put the lives of your people first. You're obligated to protect them, after all. Yet, when I ask myself the same question...I would do everything in my power to save others as well. I want to protect my people, but wouldn't be the best course be to seek to save the most lives? ...You mentioned before there was once a king in your world who thought as I do. What would he do?
- Tibarn: Well, I can tell you what I heard. That king, he... An invading force put him to the sword. His country was conquered, and his people suffered...
- Alfonse: ...I see.
- Tibarn: I think you already understand this, but a country cannot be protected by words and ideals alone. If your opponents see you as weak, your country will be invaded, and your people will die...as mine did.
- Alfonse: Wait—your country was invaded too?
- Tibarn: Now you understand why I choose to save my people. I refuse to let it happen again. Ever.
- Reyson: Alfonse, have you a moment? I'd like to discuss my sister, Leanne, if you would.
- Alfonse: Is something wrong?
- Reyson: She's been acting strangely.
- Alfonse: Strangely? What do you mean?
- Leanne: Hello...
- Alfonse: Hello, Princess Leanne. How's your studying going?
- Leanne: Ha ha ha ha...
- Alfonse: Er...
- Leanne: I am strong... I am clever...
- Alfonse: Oh, no. Don't tell me... I know who she's been talking to. Leanne... He's...abnormal. Find someone else to talk to.
- Leanne: Oh! OK. I...can find.
- Alfonse: There's nothing to worry about, Reyson. It seems she just picked up on an odd way of speaking.
- Reyson: What a relief! I feared that the chaos had infected her...
- Leanne: Hello...
- Alfonse: Back again, Leanne? That was quick. Who'd you speak to this time?
- Leanne: Darkness...paths...fated...
- Alfonse: What?
- Leanne: Transcend...destiny. Heron clan...
- Reyson: Leanne? What's wrong?
- Alfonse: Oh, Leanne... Who have you been talking to?
- Anna: Sorry to have kept you waiting! I'm back with all the nutritional intel you need to bulk up!
- Reyson: Oh, wow! You really came through!
- Anna: This stuff is packed nutrients! But no meat was used, so it should be safe even for the heron clan!
- Reyson: So this is what the armored soldiers eat, is it? Seems a bit...extravagant. And it smells so sweet...
- Anna: These are baked honey sweets, and this over here is candy made with roasted chestnuts... Doesn'y it all look delicious?
- Reyson: It all looks amazing, but...can this really be their source of strength?
- Anna: According to my market research, the armored warriors love these sweets, so it seems likely! Somewhere in these treats, there must lie some key to building both strength and endurance!
- Reyson: All right... So if I eat this, I might be able to gain strength that at least matches that twig of a girl I saw... Nothing to do but try it, I suppose! I think I'll start with this one here... Wh-what?! This flavor! It's as if the sweetness is melting into my tongue and spreading throughout my entire body! Could the source of thieir strength really be held in these tiny treats? I can feel my renewed hop coursing through my veins! Maybe I can get stronger this way after all...
- Anna: I'm so glad! Then if it works for you, I'll put in an order for a ton of these treats. We'll get you stronger yet!
- Nailah: Hah! Exhilarating! I was just at the— Oh, what do you call that place again, where the beorc fight? The "arena"? I can tell from watching the sparring matches, you beorc crave battle no less than we laguz do.
- Alfonse: Was that where you were headed when you were leaving here the other day? To watch the arena?
- Nailah: Indeed. And when I get the chance, I don't just watch—I train. Back in Hatari, I thought I had kept my fangs sharp, but here... Here, there are plenty who can match me...some who are even sharper than I.
- Alfonse: I know what you mean. Much of my time is spent training, yet every new Hero exposes a new shortcoming.
- Nailah: That is a blessing. It encourages you to progress... Someone who doesn't lament their situation cannot grow. Someone who only laments their situation, and doesn't put in work, cannot be called a warrior.
- Alfonse: Hm. That's very true. I'm going to take that to heart. Thank you.
- Nailah: No. Thank you. I haven't felt this feeling for a long time—wanting to get stronger. I had nearly forgotten what it's like to get excited just wondering what kind of new foe tomorrow will bring!
Hearts as One - A Edit
- Reyson: Princess Sharena... Hello. I hope your wounds are healing quickly.
- Sharena: Oh! I'm fine! Thank you for your concern tough, Reyson. Leanne has been stopping buy every day since I got hurt, so I'd say I am being well cared for. Plus, Nailah brought me some medicine that seems to be speeding the healing process right along. I should be back one the battlefield any day now!
- Reyson: That's good to hear... Sharena, I want to...thank you, again. I don't know what I would do without my sister. Thank you for...allowing me to continue without knowing. And I'm sorry for...not trusting you to begin with. I'm ashamed it was I who couldn't see past our differences.
- Sharena: Oh, don't worry, Reyson...
- Reyson: Sharena, I...I want to join the fight for peace. Am I worthy of being counted among the Order of Heroes?
- Sharena: Of course! I mean, we're already friends, aren't we? That's essentially all there is to being in the Order! And it's not just you and me who are friends—Tibarn, Nailah, and Leanne have a place among the Order too! If any of us ever land in a pinch, we can count on each other to swoop in and lend a hand!
- Reyson: Well, I don't want you doing anything reckless out there, of course, but yes. Let's have each other's backs. Next time we fight sid by side, it will be as comrades of the Order—but beyond that, it will be as friends.
Special Conversations - S Edit
- Tibarn: I must admit, I didn't tell you the whole story about the beorc king I spoke of before... He was killed, yes, but..he was succeeded by a new queen. And she did not shrink from any challenge. She rose in the face of the turmoil that consumed the continent, and she protected her people and ideals.
- Alfonse: How inspiring to be able to do both!
- Tibarn: Yes, well, I was thinking how I view my role of king of Phoenicis as being able to protect my people's lives. But your ideals, what you want to protect...they seem much larger than even a whole people. I wonder if it could be because you were born where connections to other worlds are so commonplace...
- Alfonse: Hm... I hadn't thought of it that way, but that could certainly be part of the reason I feel the way I do. I know I am still young, but...I hope to grow into a king who can hold up his ideals even in the face of adversity.
- Tibarn: Beorc really are something else... You can grow into entirely new people in the space of a moment. I look forward to watching you grow into the king you will become.
- Leanne: Alfonse...Sharena... Thank you. I...can talk a lot now. More...than before. Very more.
- Sharena: You've come a long way. Good work!
- Leanne: Everybody...is kind. Everybody talks to me. Feelings of everybody...I will remember. A long time. I want...I want to say thank you, so... Here.
- Sharena: Oh! What a lovely song.
- Alfonse: Her voice is remarkable...
- Sharena: I may not be able to understand the lyrics, but her feelings shine through.
- Alfonse: She is like that, isn't she? Everyone talked with her because they could understand how she was feeling... They could see just how much she wanted to learn.
- Leanne: Thank you..for your listen.
- Sharena: Your song warmed my heart, Leanne. I feel so free.
- Leanne: Someday...I want to sing a song...this song...with your words.
- Alfonse: That's a wonderful idea. I think you'll be able to do that sooner than you realize.
- Leanne: Yes. I want more and more friends. Together with everyone... Everyone's hearts... I work hard.
- Anna: Huh? You don't want anymore of those treats?
- Reyson: No. I am sorry to do this after you ordered so much for me, but... I'm still not feeling any stronger, even though I've been eating the same diet as the armored warriors! The flavor is incredible—don't get me wrong—but flavor will not make me any stronger...
- Anna: Of course. I was so wrapped up in coming up with other tasty sweets, I totally forgot about your real goal.
- Reyson: It was naive of me to think strength could be so easily attained...
- Anna: Maybe we should look into the details of how the armored soldiers train instead of what they eat? I want to know too, at this point. Some of them are so small... Where are they hiding all that strength?!
- Reyson: Yes, I should ask about their training. Even if we're different races, there must still be something I can learn! Even though I've put some work training my body to be stronger, they could know something I don't. I can see the value in setting my pride aside and asking them myself. I may get more out of it if I'm more direct. My wings may still be weak, but...I can at least show everyone I will do whatever it takes to grow stronger! And once I'm strong, I will never feel the pain of losing someone I care about again!
- Tibarn: I must say, Nailah, you've been quite bright-eyed and bushy-tailed lately.
- Nailah: Oh? You've been awfully chipper yourself, Tibarn.
- Tibarn: The enthusiasm of the group here is infectious, I admit. I suppose you could say the same for yourself?
- Nailah: For me...it's the fact that the Heroes here, beorc and laguz alike, all seek to become more than what they are. Some want to find their limits; others just want to be stronger they can protect someone they care about... There are many reasons among the Heroes here—and I find each and every one fascinating. I'm in good spirits because I can relate to so many here... And I can train with them whenever I want.
- Tibarn: Hah! How like you.
- Nailah: I know our highest priority is to put a stop to the wars that plague this land, and I will not forget that. Nevertheless! This is the perfect place to grow my strength, and I won't let the opportunity pass. I want to see just how strong I can get... Every fiber of my being demands an even stronger foe.
- Tibarn: Well, how about this, then—let's see which of us can get stronger here.
- Nailah: Hm... That could be entertaining. Will the hawk's talons or the white wolf's fangs come out on top? Whichever the case, let it be a fight this world won't soon forget.
The Orb Case Edit
- Alfonse: I...I don't know what to do! I never imagined something like this could happen within the castle's walls!
- Kaden: Whoa! What's with the face, Alfonse? You too, Kiran!
- Selkie: Looks like you're hard at work thinking! Trying to come up with a new game to play?
- Alfonse: Unfortunately, no. Are you familiar with the Orbs we use to summon Heroes? Well, they're missing.
- Kaden: So the Orbs just disappeared out of Kiran's room?
- Selkie: Hmm... Hey! Orbs are those round sparkly thingies, aren't they?
- Alfonse: Right. And without them, we can't gain new recruits, which will reduce our effectiveness in battle.
- Kaden: I see. If something that important just disappeared, I understand why you'd be worried!
- Selkie: Wait—I know where they are!
- Kaden: Well, Selkie? Don't just stand there wagging your tail! Spit it out already!
- Selkie: Well, you see... Not long ago, I was running around the castle, and I ran past Kiran's room... I didn't think anything of it at the time, but I did see Keaton and Velouria lurking around...
- Alfonse: What? Really?! Lurking? Were they planning something?
- Selkie: Well, I saw them separately, so... maybe? I was doing laps around the castle, so I passed a few times...
- Alfonse: Could...they have taken the Orbs?
- Kaden: If you really want to know, it'd probably be easiest to just ask them!
- Alfonse: Hm... You're right. In any case, I want more information. It's possible they saw something!
- Keaton: Huh? Why would I ever need to go in Kiran's room?
- Alfonse: Er, well... You were seen near the room, so I wanted to ask if you saw anything...unusual.
- Keaton: Nope! Nothing unusual! Anyway, I'm about to go hunting... Do you mind?
- Alfonse: Oh... Right! Go ahead. Sorry for keeping you. Hm. If Keaton says he didn't go near Kiran's room... Velouria might still know something. We'll see what she has to say!
- Velouria: There's nothing interesting over there, so I heave no reason to go by Kiran's room...
- Alfonse: Er, well... You were seen over by the room, so I wanted to ask if you maybe saw anything...unusual?
- Velouria: Whoever thinks they saw me was mistaken. Now, if you don't need anything else, I'll be going...
- Alfonse: Huh. So Velouria claims to not know anything about the Orb theft either...
- Kaden: I see... So neither Keaton or Velouria admitted to being where Selkie says she saw them?
- Alfonse: Right. And nothing either of them said struck me as suspicious.
- Selkie: I swear I saw them! But I also doubt either could be the Orb thief we're looking for.
- Kaden: Yeah, they're both a little odd, but... they're not bad people. Which means there's still a mystery to solve! It's up to me—Kaden, the greatest and most beautiful detective—to catch this Orb thief of ours!
- Selkie: I wanna play too! I'll be your trusty assistant, Selkie! We'll get those Orbs back in no time!
Special Conversations - C Edit
- Anna: Phew! Another victory down—who knows many more to go! Good work out there, everyone!
- Keaton: The enemy never stood a chance! When we give it all we've got, no one can get in our way!
- Sharena: Keaton, I saw you diving in behind the enemy lines. I could hardly keep track of you! It was incredible!
- Keaton: You're beginning to understand the strength of the wolfskin, are you? Ha! I was barely even warmed up!
- Anna: I believe it! Seems like you've energy to spare. I'm just glad we all made it back safely... Which is what I wanted to talk to you about, Keaton... You weren't sticking to the plan out there, were you... The plan was that you'd wait in the forest to the north—but didn't I see you coming in from the south?
- Keaton: Er, well, you see... What happened was that, umm... I went with my gut instead! It seemed like that would be for the best! Never let me down before, anyway...
- Sharena: Your gut, huh? I see... Sounds like another way of saying it was your beast intuition!
- Keaton: Maybe! Listen—I think all that fighting just caught up with me. I'm gonna go take a nap somewhere.
- Sharena: Hey! Keaton! Aaaand he's gone... Didn't he say he was barely warmed up and was ready for more? But then he suddenly needed to go nap?
- Alfonse: Hmm... Interesting.
- Selkie: Ah! There you are, Velouria! I've been looking all over for you. I brought you something awesome!
- Velouria: Busy as always, I see... What's this so-called awesome something, then? Must be a...dust bunny? Or...a shed snake skin? Maybe an old shoe?
- Selkie: Whaaat are you talking about? Ew! It's nothing like ANY of that! It's...some pretty flowers! There are tons of them blooming all around the castle, so I gathered some up for myself. Aren't they pretty? You should have one too, Velouria! Here!
- Velouria: Er, uhh.. Thank you?
- Selkie: If I find more pretty flowers, I'll make sure you get some. In fact, I'm gonna go look for some right now!
- Velouria: Selkie, wait. I don't— Oh. She's gone already. That was fast. Hmm..."Pretty flowers", huh? Hmph.
- Anna: Hm? What's with this crowd? Seems like they're all excited about something...
- Sharena: Looks like they're all gathering around Kaden! I've heard people say his tail is super soft... Maybe he was letting people touch it and a crowd formed?
- Anna: I see. That explains the crowd... But there are some brawny Heroes mixed in there too...
- Sharena: The draw of a tail that fluffy is irresistible to people of all kinds, it seems!
- Anna: Hmm... Fluffy... Irresistable appeal... Aha! I just got an idea! Pardon me, Kaden, but could I trouble you for a moment of your time? It's a small business matter...
- Kaden: OK, Commander Anna! Are you sure you haven't stopped me just to touch my tail though?
- Anna: Well, that's not why—I mean, it IS related to your tail—but...since you're offering... May I touch it?
- Kaden: Of course! Touch it as much as your heart desires.
- Anna: In that case... Wow! It's so...fluffy! I feel like been transported to a world of warm, fuzzy clouds! It's...even fluffier than I expected. Now I understand why such a crowd would have gathered!
- Kaden: Hah! I'm glad you enjoyed it!
- Anna: Now that I've felt it, I HAVE to do this... Kaden, I wanted to talk to you about this idea I have.
- Kaden: All right? What's your idea, then?
- Anna: I want to create pillows that replicate the fluffiness of your tail! If I can replicate the cozy softness, they'll be a huge hit! My plan is to find a material I can use to match the texture, but it won't be easy...
- Kaden: Hmm... I don't mind you trying, but...a kitsune tail is an extraordinary thing, so it will be quite difficult to replicate.
- Anna: No matter! I swear I'll replicate that fluffiness—or my name isn't Anna!
- Selkie: Look who it is—Alfonse and Sharena! What are you guys up to?
- Alfonse: Oh, hi, Selkie. We're just doing some weapon and armor maintenance so that all's ready for our next battle.
- Sharena: You look like you're in a good mood, Selkie. What are you up to?
- Selkie: Oh, I just came from playing with a big group of Heroes! That's one awesome thing about this castle—there are so many Heroes, someone's always happy to play! Plus there are mountain-sized Heroes and Heroes who dance with grace like I've never seen... There are even some Heroes who can transform like I can! It's great!
- Kaden: Selkie! I've been looking for you. Didn't we have a plan to train together today?
- Selkie: Oh, did we? I'm sorry, Daddy. There are so many fun things to do in this castle—I just want to run around and play all day!
- Sharena: I know there are lots of fun things to do, Selkie, but you must keep your promises to Kaden, don't you think?
- Kaden: Yeah, what she said! The second I take my eye off of you, you just run off to who knows where... We weren't summoned into this world so we could play, you know. We're here to help restore peace.
- Selkie: OK, OK... Then let's go train! It's basically playing anyway, so I don't know what all the fuss is about...
- Alfonse: Heh. Everything comes back to playing with Selkie, huh?
- Kaden: Well, she is my daughter... I do wish she were a bit more serious, though.
The Orb Case - C Edit
- Selkie: I've been meaning to ask, Daddy... When did you become a "great detective", anyway?
- Kaden: Well, it's a term for anyone who uses keen senses and polished instincts to solve otherwise—unsolvable mysteries! If that's not the very definition of a kitsune with a good nose, I'm not sure what is!
- Alfonse: Hmm... You're not the only detective on the case. I believe I've also seen Kiran investigating!
- Kaden: The look on your face suggests we have yet to find any leads... But fear not! I have already cracked the case!
- Selkie: Whoa! Amazing! Just what I'd expect from a great detective! So who stole the Orbs, then?
- Kaden: Well, I've had my suspicions from the very beginning... You know the owl in the castle's reception hall?
- Alfonse: Wait a second... You aren't talking about Feh, are you?
- Kaden: That owl was hiding Orbs in her feathers—I saw it with my own eyes! There's no doubt Feh is the culprit!
- Alfonse: I think you might've misunderstood. You see...Feh brings us Orbs. So that must be what you saw her doing.
- Kaden: Ah, well then... I guess it isn't her! In that case, I'll return to the scene of the crime and rethink things. They say criminals always return to the scene of the crime, so maybe I'll luck out and catch them red-handed!
- Selkie: Great idea! You're so smart, Daddy! Now, back to the crime scene!
- Kaden: I've heard some detectives revisit the crime scene up to 100 times over the course of an investigation... Sounds like a lot of hanging around, so let's just do a thorough search of Kiran's room now. If you notice anything out of place or see something that could be a clue, let me know, Selkie!
- Selkie: A clue? You mean...like this? Looks like a hair from Keaton's taiL! Hmm... Smells like it too.
- Kaden: Whoa! Selkie, that's more than just a clue—it's undeniable proof!
- Alfonse: So Keaton WAS somewhere near Kiran's room...
- Kaden: But Keaton denied it, right? And he didn't seem to be lying... Could he have forgotten? Hmm... Maybe it's that— Aha! I've got it! It's rudimentary, my dear, Alfonse! Now, let's go find Keaton...
- Alfonse: "M-my dear"?
- Keaton: Huh? Back again? And you brought Selkie and Kaden too... What do you want this time?
- Alfonse: Well, Keaton, after you told me you hadn't been anywhere near it... Kaden found a hair from your tail on the floor just outside the door to Kiran's room.
- Keaton: So?! Are you saying I'm a suspect? I told you, I have no reason to go near Kiran's room!
- Kaden: Keaton, let me ask you something... What part of the castle do you think we are in right now?
- Keaton: Oh, even more ridiculous questions! We're on the second floor of the west wing, obviously!
- Selkie: We're, uh...on the third floor, actually. And...this is the east wing.
- Keaton: Huh?! No way! I could've sworn this was the second floor...
- Kaden: Just as I thought! Keaton is not our Orb thief. He just...gets lost in the castle on a regular basis.
- Alfonse: Yeah, there's no way anyone so bad at navigation could sneak into and out of Kiran's room...
- Selkie: Hooray! You're not the culprit after all, Keaton! Congratulations!
- Keaton: Yeah, that's great and all, but...I'm not sure I follow your logic. Any of it, really.
Special Conversations - B Edit
- Keaton: Hey, Alfonse. Have a minute? Can I ask you something?
- Alfonse: Sure, Keaton. Judging by that look on your face, it must be something pretty serious.
- Keaton: Yeah, I wanted to talk about that battle the other day... I want you to know I didn't just ignore the plan. I TRIED to follow to follow the strategy, but I somehow lost track of my position and ended up behind enemy lines.
- Alfonse: What? But I thought you said you were following your gut...
- Keaton: That's what it felt like. I tried to go to the northern woods as planned...but I still ended up in the south!
- Alfonse: So...you got lost?
- Keaton: No, no. I know when I'm lost—not that it ever happens... My instinct was just off, that's all!
- Alfonse: Oh, OK... Your instinct was off, so you got lost. Understood.
- Keaton: Hmph. Anyway... You don't happen to know of a way to keep instincts properly honed, do you?
- Alfonse: Oh, so you're looking for a way to keep yourself from getting lost? Hm...I'll ask around for some good tips!
- Keaton: Really? You'd do that for me? Er, I mean...it's not a dire situation or anything like that, of course. I just figured, if there WERE some good methods, I might as well test them out. Y'know—just for fun!
- Alfonse: The way your tail is wagging all over the place says it all, Keaton. I can't guarantee I'll find anything helpful, but I'll do my best for you!
- Keaton: Amazing! Thank you!
- Velouria: Sharena, can I ask you something?
- Sharena: Of course! You can always ask me whatever's on your mind.
- Velouria: Well, I want to know who decides what "pretty" is... Who gets to say what's pretty and what's not?
- Sharena: Oh, uh... Hm! Good question! I think it comes down to what you value. If you think something's pretty, then it is! That's how I feel anyway.
- Velouria: But what if everyone says something something is pretty but you do don't think it is? Would you be wrong?
- Sharena: I don't think so! Everyone is different, so everyone has their own taste for what they find pretty.
- Velouria: Hm. Thank you for your help. I think I know what I have to do now. Sorry to bother you with such a weird question... Bye.
- Sharena: Er, OK, bye! Velouria seemed oddly worried about something... I hope she's all right.
- Anna: I've gathered you here to tell you...the alpha version of Codename Fluffy Pillow is ready for testing!
- Selkie: Wow! The pillow looks just like a fluffy tail! I'm already impressed.
- Velouria: So...is that it?
- Anna: Oh, not at all! I want you guys to try touching the pillow, and then tell me what you think about it.
- Selkie: No problem! Other than Daddy, I'm the foremost kitsune-tail expert around, so asking me was smart!
- Velouria: If you really want to hear what I think, I'll give it a try...
- Anna: Yeah! Enough talking about it—get in there and touch that tail! Have I met Kaden's tails level of fluff?
- Selkie: Hmm... It IS soft like Daddy's tail... But Daddy's tail isn't just soft, it feels like it hugs you when you touch it!
- Anna: Hmm... I could translate that into a pillow by making it more springy on top of being soft, I think... What about you, Velouria? Do you have any feedback on the pillow?
- Velouria: Hm. It doesn't smell like Kaden.
- Anna: Well, I didn't use Kaden's actual fur so that explains that, but... I could try to find a smell similar to Kaden's and bathe the pillow in it! Thank you both! I think I have some good direction for how to improve Codename Fluffy Pillow from here...
- Velouria: Happy to help...
- Selkie: Same! I can't wait to see the final product... Let me know as soon as it's ready, please!
- Selkie: Hey, Alfonse, I want to ask you something...
- Alfonse: What is it, Selkie?
- Selkie: I was wondering... Are there any other kitsune in this world? There are so many Heroes here, it just seems like there should be some other kitsune!
- Alfonse: I can't say I've ever met any kitsune aside from you and Kaden. Not even among our enemies...
- Selkie: I see... It just seemed like a possibility, so I had to ask.
- Alfonse: To be honest, though, I don't know everything there is to know about the world, so it could be possible!
- Selkie: Well, if it is, I hope I get to meet some of them one day!
- Alfonse: And don't forget that there might be kitsune from other worlds, and they might be summoned here one day!
- Selkie: Oh yeah! I forgot about that! Thanks, Alfonse! I've got some new things to be excited about!
The Orb Case - B Edit
- Keaton: So you're still trying to figure out who stole the Orbs, hm? Well, I think we've established that I didn't do it. And Velouria would never do anything like that.
- Selkie: I don't think Velouria would steal Orbs either, but...I'm sure the red hood and ears I saw were hers!
- Kaden: Oh! Speak of the devil. Isn't that Velouria over there?
- Keaton: Oh, yeah, there she is! Hey, Velou—
- Alfonse: Wait! Something about her seems a bit off...
- Velouria: Nobody mind me. I'm only mumbling to myself as I walk down the hall. Nothing out of the ordinary...
- Kaden: I trust you know your own daughter, Keaton, but she's definitely acting like she's up to something...
- Alfonse: And on top of that, it looks like she's trying to hide something in her pockets.
- Keaton: I don't believe it! I mean...how? How could she have possibly grown into such a ne'er-do-well after a childhood alone in the Deeprealms?
- Selkie: Well, hang on! We don't know for sure that she's the Orb thief... Let's go check her room for clues!
- Keaton: R-right... Although, as her father, I suggest we ask before snooping through her things...
- Velouria: Huh. That's why you think I'm the one who stole the Orbs?
- Keaton: Well, it's not that you're a suspect... I mean, I believe you! I know you're not a bad kid!
- Alfonse: I don't want to be suspicious of my allies either, but...I need to be absolutely sure. We saw you sneaking around earlier... If you let us look around your room, we can put our fears to rest.
- Velouria: Hmm... No.
- Kaden: What? What do you mean, no?! You understand what this looks like, don't you, Velouria?
- Velouria: Like I have things in my room I don't want the whole world to see? Yeah, no, I get it.
- Selkie: Don't worry, Velouria! I know all about what's in your room, and I'm sure no one will judge you for it!
- Velouria: Ugh... Fine. But only if everyone promises not to touch any of my stuff.
- Kaden: All right, in we go! Urp! This might have been a mistake...
- Alfonse: I see some rusty old daggers, a few dead birds, a pile of bones from some manner of creature I've never seen... Velouria, what IS all this?
- Keaton: I'll tell you what it is... It's AMAZING! Did you collect all this by yourself? There's a whole mountain of treasures in here!
- Alfonse: What?! All THIS is...treasure?
- Selkie: Yup! To Velouria and Keaton, that is. They tend to collect things we might think are a little weird...
- Keaton: Hey, Kaden! Check out this hair ball! I don't know what it is about it, but it's kinda...perfect, right?
- Kaden: It certainly is something...
- Keaton: I was worried for a second, but this is great! Just what I'd expect from a daughter of mine!
- Alfonse: I see... So it was this junk—sorry, these treasures—that Velouria was collecting, then...
- Velouria: Yeah, I don't know much about Orbs, but from what I DO know, I'm not interested... But I was worried I might become a suspect if anyone knew I had all this treasure hidden away. That's why I didn't want to show everyone inside my room...
- Alfonse: Y-yeah, that's understandable. I don't think you need to worry about being a suspect anymore...
- Selkie: Well, I'm glad we got all that cleared up! But...we still don't know who took the Orbs!
Special Conversations - A Edit
- Alfonse: OK, Keaton. The best tip I came up with for not getting lost is to closely study a map of the area before battle. I have a map of Askr here... Would you like to borrow it?
- Keaton: A map, huh? Yeah, I guess that could work, but... I'm not sure I'll have time to look down at a map once I'm face to face with our foes on the battlefield...
- Alfonse: Fair enough... What about using the sun and stars to figure out which direction you're headed? You can use the sun during the day, and at night, you can use the stars. Wolfskin like you have incredible eyesight, right? That kind of thing would probably be easy for you!
- Keaton: Yeah, that could work, but...what if it's rainy or cloudy? I won't be able to see the sun or the stars, will I?
- Alfonse: Hm. I suppose you right. You could trying leaving yourself a trail, so you can follow it back to where you started... I've heard of someone escaping a bewitched forest using that trick...All thanks to bread-crumb trail!
- Keaton: What?! They left a whole trail of food behind them? What if someone followed them and ate their trail? W-well, you don't have to use bread crumbs to mark your trail... Still, I'm not sure any of these methods are going to work for me. Sorry, Alfonse. I know you went to a lot of trouble coming up with all those ideas for me...
- Alfonse: I'm sorry none of them have been helpful so far! I'll try to come up with other ideas that might work for you.
- Sharena: Ah—finally found her! Hey, Velouria!
- Velouria: Hi, Sharena. What is it?
- Sharena: Last time we spoke, you seemed worried about something, and that made ME worried. So...are you OK?
- Velouria: Oh, Sharena... You're so sweet! I can see why the people of Askr love you.
- Sharena: Wh-what I was just trying to offer any help I could... We're comrades and friends, after all!
- Velouria: Well, if you really want to help... Here. Take a look at this, and tell me what you think...
- Sharena: Wow! That's one pretty flower! Is there something special about it I should know?
- Velouria: Not exactly. Selkie gave it to me. She's been giving me one every day lately, actually...
- Sharena: Well, it's a great flower. The color is so vivid, just looking at it makes me feel a little more at ease.
- Velouria: You and Selkie both... But for me, not so much. I can't seem to see it as pretty, no matter how I try.
- Sharena: Really?
- Velouria: I think things like hair balls and bat wings are pretty... Even some types of poisonous weeds are nice! But when it comes to what everyone else thinks is pretty... I just don't see things like other people do! I thought maybe there was something wrong with me since I can't agree with everyone on what's pretty...
- Sharena: Oh, there's nothing wrong with you, Velouria! You can value things in whatever way feels right to you!
- Velouria: But that's no good either. Selkie gave me this thing she thinks is pretty, but to me, it's just a boring old flower. I feel bad that I can't appreciate the gift she clearly cares so much about.
- Sharena: Oh. I see...
- Anna: OK, everyone, this is the beta test of Codename Fluffy Pillow. And joining us today, we have Kaden himself!
- Kaden: Having felt the tail, it IS super soft... It's almost exactly the same as when I feel my own tail. Eeven the way it smells is nice and relaxing... What is that scent? Toasted chestnuts maybe?
- Anna: Thank you. I put a lot of effort into it. But the quality it's reached is all due to the feedback I got in the alpha test!
- Kaden: Well, in all seriousness, the level of softness is incredible. Here, Selkie, you have to try it.
- Selkie: Whoa! It's SO soft! I thought it was soft before, but this is really on a whole different level by comparison!
- Kaden: Then we agree! It's amazing Commander Anna. You could definitely sell this.
- Anna: Really?! All right! I have a feeling this will be one of the best-selling items I've put out in a while...
- Selkie: Yeah, even if it's a little off from Daddy's tail, it'll still sell well, I bet!
- Anna: What? It's a little off? Is that what you said?
- Selkie: Yeah... It's soft and fluffy, and the scent is good—but it's still not exactly like Daddy's tail.
- Anna: Well, the whole selling point for the pillow is that it's a perfect recreation of Kaden's tail. If you have doubts that it meets that standard, then I can't sell it.
- Kaden: Yeah, it might be best to take Selkie's opinion over mine. She's probably the expert on my tail specifically... Just make sure to tell Commander Anna when you figure out what's off about it, OK, Selkie?
- Selkie: No problem! Just let me think about it for a bit, and I'll tell you what I come up with...
- Kaden: Selkie! Where are you? Can you hear me, Selkie? ...SELLLKIEEEE!!
- Alfonse: Hey! Is everything all right, Kaden?
- Kaden: Ah, Alfonse! I'm glad you're here. You haven't seen Selkie, have you? I haven't seen her all morning...
- Alfonse: Hmm... Now that you mention it, I haven't seen her today, either...
- Kaden: Ugh. Where could she have gone? I'm always telling her, over and over, not to just wander off on her own. Back in our world, she tried to go to the kitsune hamlet on her own once. And she got lost, of course... And I've told her countless times to stay within shouting distance, but here I am shouting...
- Alfonse: I...might have played a part in her going missing, actually... See, we were talking recently about how it's possible there might be more kitsune in this world besides you...
- Kaden: I see. So you think your conversation tickled her curiosity enough that she left to go find more kitsune?
- Alfonse: Ugh, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have been so careless with my words...
- Kaden: No, no. It's not your fault, Alfonse. Selkie's always wanted to meet other kitsune. See, she grew up in this place called the Deeprealms, isolated. Meeting so many Heroes here must have made her want to meet other kitsune even more.
- Alfonse: I'll help you look for her. And I'll ask Kiran to help too...
- Selkie: Hi, Daddy! Oh, and Alfonse too!
- Kaden: Selkie! Where have you been? I've been looking everywhere for you!
- Selkie: I'm sorry for worrying you! I just went to pick some flowers...
- Alfonse: I'm glad you're all right! We were worried you'd gone looking for other kitsune out there.
- Kaden: Right. Next time you leave the castle, Selkie, please tell someone where you're going! ...Promise me?
- Selkie: OK, Daddy... I promise. And I'll promise you too, Alphonse! Sorry again for worrying you both... To make up for it, let me give you some of these flowers I picked! Are they the prettiest, or what?
The Orb Case - A Edit
- Keaton: We're sure we didn't use the Orbs and then forget? They disappear when they're used, don't they?
- Alfonse: We didn't have any occasion to spend Orbs during the window of time they went missing. And just to be sure, I double-checked with Kiran on that.
- Velouria: You know, I saw the owl in—
- Selkie: Oh, we already tried that angle. Apparently it wasn't the owl.
- Velouria: Oh. Well, never mind, then.
- Kaden: Even I, Kaden, the great detective, am stumped! But at least we were able to prove Keaton and Velouria are innocent...
- Keaton: Of course we're innocent! We noble wolfskin hate stealing!
- Velouria: But the Orbs are still missing, which means there's still a thief somewhere in the castle...
- Selkie: Oh hey! Commander Anna is headed this way! Hello, Commander!
- Anna: Ah, perfect. I'm glad I ran into you all. Would you mind helping me carry this? It's so heavy...
- Alfonse: What...is that, Commander Anna?
- Anna: I'm glad you asked! This is a new kind of semi-portable strongbox I've been developing for market. It protects from fire, water, AND lightning. I call it...the SafeCase! It keeps things safe, just in case!
- Velouria: You seem awfully confident... How can you guarantee all that?
- Anna: I've run tons of tests! I even put some Orbs inside for some final tests, and they came out completely unharmed!
- Alfonse: Wait...
- Kaden: You...
- Keaton: You just took some Orbs?
- Selkie: And put them in your safe thing?
- Velouria: And expected no one to notice?
- Anna: Umm... Yeah, that's right. Why is everyone looking at me like I'm a criminal? Is there a problem?
- Kaden: Care to hear my deductions, my dear Alfonse?
- Alfonse: No, that's all right, Kaden. I think I've figured out who the Orb thief was on my own at this point.
- Keaton: Well, at least the case of the missing Orbs can now be closed.
- Selkie: Yeah, but the ending wasn't as satisfying as I was hoping! I want another case to solve now!
- Velouria: I'm shocked we didn't solve this case earlier, to be honest.
- Anna: What case? You mean the SafeCase? A-and what do you mean it's solved? ...Am I missing something here?
Special Conversations - S Edit
- Alfonse: Hey, Keaton! I have a solution for you thanks to Kiran!
- Keaton: Really? You two came up with a good way for me to avoid getting lost? Let me hear it, then!
- Alfonse: OK. From now on, whenever you go into battle, just make sure one of us is there at your side! That ought to solve your problem! Even if you TRY to make a wrong turn, we'll be there to set you straight.
- Keaton: That's actually a really good plan...I'm impressed! There's no way I'll get lost now!
- Alfonse: And if we start by assuming we'll be acting together, we should be able to strategize accordingly, no problem!
- Keaton: We, I guess that's how it'll be, then... I suppose I'll just have to get used to having the two of you around. Personally, I'm not sure why it's a problem for me to just get wild and dig in behind enemy lines, but OK...
- Alfonse: You can try to sound glum all you want, Keaton, but the wagging of your tail is telling a different story.
- Keaton: Just get ready for the next battle... Brace yourself for seeing everything a wolfskin is capable of!
- Alfonse: I can hardly wait!
- Keaton: With you keeping me on track, I'll be even better than before! Just watch—I'll be unstoppable! Ah-roooooo!
- Sharena: Hey, Velouria! So about our talk the other day...
- Velouria: What about it?
- Sharena: Well, I thought about it some more and I don't think you need to force yourself to find flowers pretty. After all, you DO appreciate that Selkie is giving you flowers, right? It's that attitude that's important!
- Velouria: Oh... All right.
- Sharena: Listen—Selkie gave you something she found pretty, right? Flowers may not be your thing, but the feelings behind why she gave you the flowers are still reaching you. And that that's what's important, if you ask me! Even if you value different things, you still care for each other! Those flowers are a sign of how much Selkie cares about you!
- Velouria: Well, then...I should react to the thought behind a gift. Selkie's feelings are more important than whether I find flowers pretty. I should've been more thankful... There are tons of Heroes here. Each one has their own ideas, but they all respect what each other values.
- Sharena: Sure, we're all fighting for peace, but each of us has our own ideas about what peace looks like. We're all just trying to secure some peace in the best way we know how... As long as you want to fight for a peaceful future, you'll have no trouble fitting in around here! So please, Velouria, follow your heart's own desire. And don't worry about matching anyone else's.
- Velouria: Thank you, Sharena. It's...relieving to hear that.
- Sharena: Everyone is different, and that's just fine! That what the Order of Heroes is all about!
- Velouria: In that case, since you've been so helpful, I want to give you my most cherished treasure in the world... It's my collection of assorted gecko eyes! Aren't they pretty? Try one! The way they pop is to die for!
- Sharena: I...appreciate the gesture, Velouria... But I can't let you give me something so—urp...clearly important to you!
- Selkie: I think I figured out what's off about Codename Fluffy Pillow, Anna!
- Anna: Really? Well, what is it?!
- Selkie: Well... One of the main reasons that Daddy's tail is so nice is because it's attached to him!
- Kaden: Hm?
- Selkie: I mean, it's not just the smell and the feel that make Daddy's tail nice... Is that being around him makes you feel safe and happy!
- Anna: SO then...everyone loves Kaden's tail because it's attached to Kaden. That isn't something I can copy... Ugh... And here I thought we were on the verge of having a real hit product on our hands!
- Kaden: But the beta version of the pillow still felt great, so why not try selling that?
- Anna: No! Like I said, the whole selling point of the product was that it'd be a perfect copy of Kaden's tail! If I can't make that happen, I refuse to sell the product.
- Kaden: Aw, but you put so much hard work into it... Whatever the case, though, you're welcome to pet my tail any time you like—just let me know.
- Selkie: Ooh! Can we pet it right now?
- Kaden: This is why I never slack off when it comes to grooming... My tail must always be ready for its fans!
- Selkie: Hey, Alfonse! What a great day today, huh?
- Alfonse: Oh, hey, Selkie.
- Selkie: Sorry for worrying you before... I would like to meet any kitsune who might be in this world, but... I can already have fun every day as it is so long as I have all the Heroes in the castle to play with!
- Alfonse: I'm glad to know you're happy here. And I'm glad that we've become friends.
- Selkie: Actually, I went out to pick flowers because Daddy gave me some once, and they made me super happy! I want to make everyone happy like that so we can grow closers, so I went to get some flowers to give people!
- Alfonse: I see... That makes sense, I guess.
- Selkie: Anyway, I want to grow closer with you too, so...here you go! You get some flowers today too!
- Alfonse: Oh! They're very pretty. Thank you! Just looking at them is soothing... I feel like I should do you a favor now... Is there anything I can do?
- Selkie: Yeah! Could you...scratch behind my ear? There's this spot that I just can't get at the right angle... But really, letting me stay here and help out—and giving me a place to play with all the Heroes—is enough!
- Alfonse: I'm happy you're here too, Selkie... And I'm excited we get to work and play together!
- Selkie: When it comes to play, just leave it to me! I've got to repay you for helping make my time here so fun, after all!
Reason to Fight Edit
- Idunn: In my world, I was kept in a place of endless darkness. A void of shadow. In the darkness, I dreamt an empty dream...for a long time. I, too, am empty now, so I am not troubled by appetites and desires. My reason to be is the destruction of humanity—to free my world... But...this is not my world. I wonder... Does this world require the same freedom? It's...confusing. All that is certain is that I...must not stay here, at this castle. Confusion and power do not... combine well.
- Lugh: Huh. Yeah, I understand why you'd want to leave the castle now. But...do you have anywhere to go? You were just summoned, so it's all new territory here, right?
- Idunn: Yes... I have no place to go. And I know nothing of this world. But as a Demon Dragon, I do know I cannot stay here...
- Lugh: Hmm... Seems like you're dead set on leaving then. If that's the case, I'll tag along! If we can sort out your reason for being here now, you'll come back to the castle again, won't you?
- Idunn: ...
- Lugh: H-hey! Wait up! ...How are you so fast!
- Alfonse: Any sign over there, Sharena?
- Sharena: Nothing yet! Where could Idunn have gone? And why? Was something troubling her?
- Thea: Hey, what are you two up to?
- Sharena: Oh, hi, Thea! Actually, we were looking for Idunn... Have you seen her?
- Thea: Idunn? The...Dark Priestess? She left the castle, did she?
- Sue: Apologies. I overheard you asking about Idunn... I saw her speaking with Lugh at the castle gate this morning. I was in the western spire at the time, however, so I was unable to hear what they were talking about...
- Sharena: Wait—you were able to see them all the way from there?! They must have looked like specks of dust!
- Alfonse: Now that you mention it, I haven't seen Lugh around either... Perhaps the two of them left together.
- Sharena: Yeah! They could have just gone to town to do a little shopping together!
- Alfonse: I—uhh... That seems unlikely.
- Thea: Whatever the case...we cannot just stand by, can we? Lugh would have told someone where he was going...
- Sue: Right. We should search for them. Please, allow me to assist.
- Alfonse: Thanks. Your help means a lot. Both of you.
- Thea: Are you comfortable riding a pegasus, Princess Sharena? We could look for them from the sky.
- Sharena: Nice plan, Thea. I'll be the navigator! Don't worry—I give perfect directions.
- Alfonse: Great. Then Sue and I will try to follow their trail on the ground.
- Sue: The sooner we leave, the sooner we can find them. Let's go.
Special Conversations - C Edit
- Sharena: Good morning, Idunn! The weather sure is great again today, don't you think?
- Idunn: ...
- Sharena: I, uh... Is there...anything I can do for you? Any help you need or anything?
- Idunn: No... I need nothing.
- Sharena: I-I see. Well...if you think of anything, don't hesitate to let me know, OK?
- Idunn: ...
- Alfonse: I see... And she said that word for word?
- Sharena: Yes... I was just trying to get closer to Idunn, but...
- Alfonse: You know, I heard that she was once a kind of holy being known as a divine dragon. But during a war between humankind and dragons, she was remade into a demon dragon and...she lost herself.
- Sharena: Hmm... So Idunn knows what it's like to be a victim of war.
- Alfonse: Yes. So even if she doesn't always fit in easily, we should remember, she still belongs.
- Sharena: You're right. I'll have Idunn's back whenever I can help her out!
- Sue: ...
- Alfonse: Hello, Sue! Are you...looking for someone?
- Sue: I'm looking for my grandpa... His name is Dayan.
- Alfonse: Dayan, hm? I don't believe any Hero by that name is in the castle at the moment...
- Sue: Dayan is a hero and the pride of the Kutolah tribe. And he is my grandp— my grandfather.
- Alfonse: I see. You're looking for someone among the Heroes who you already know. Someone who's a hero to you.
- Sue: Grandpa's bravery and integrity are the pride of my tribe. He stands out as a hero even among those here... So, if this castle is where Heroes from different worlds gather, I would expect to find him here. But...I cannot. And I'm left to wonder why that would be so...
- Alfonse: I can't say I know either, but...I have some idea who might! You should ask Kiran!
- Sue: ...Ask Kiran, hm? Thank you, Alfonse. I will see what Kiran has to say.
- Anna: Where are you headed in such a rush, Lugh?
- Lugh: Oh! Hello, Commander Anna! I'm just going around to talk to all the Heroes! This castle is great! There are Heroes with legendary tomes—even Heroes who know magic I've never heard of! There's something new to learn and someone new to talk to every day around here!
- Anna: I see! Well, I'm glad you're finding your days here fulfilling.
- Lugh: Yeah, and it's not ONLY magic! Some mages here take to the battlefield on horseback—or on pegasusback! Hmm... I wonder if I'd be better at fighting if I rode a horse...or a pegasus for that matter.
- Anna: It's possible... You'd be able to cover more ground if you were riding one, so it's feasible you could do more.
- Lugh: Really? Yeah, I guess it would let me get around WAY faster... I'm going to go practice right now!
- Anna: W-wait! Lugh! Don't rush into it! That kid sure is in high spirits. I hope he doesn't get hurt somehow...
- Thea: Excuse me, Commander Anna... Do you have a moment?
- Anna: Hm? Do you need something? Weapons? Armor? I can get you either-and for a reasonable price!
- Thea: No, no! My equipment is sorted for the time being, actually... I was hoping to ask you a favor. I'd like to sign on as a mercenary for the Order of Heroes.
- Anna: Huh? Well... How would it be different from just being another one of the Heroes in the castle? We all fight, after all. So I guess I don't understand... Why set yourself apart as a hired soldier?
- Thea: Well, if that's how it is, I'll be fine without. It's just...what I'm used to.
- Anna: Oh, you don't want to be treated any...differently, then? If you don't mind me prying, what made you want to sign a mercenary contract with us?
- Thea: Up until now...I fought as a mercenary with the pegasus knights of Ilia. Like I said, it's what I'm used to. So I thought, since I'm fighting here in Askr, I should sign on as a mercenary here as well. Of course, I expected no outrageous payment or anything. Just whatever rate my unique set of skills fetches on the open market in this world...
- Anna: ...I understand, Thea. There are many reasons we do what we do... Glory... Peace... Love... And of course...Memory. I of all people understand that. I'll see what I can do about having a contract drawn up for you.
- Thea: Thank you for indulging me. You can trust that, as a mercenary under contract, I will earn my pay.
Reason to Fight - C Edit
- Lugh: Look! Over there! Oh, and that way too! I've never seen flowers so beautiful... And they're everywhere!
- Idunn: ...
- Lugh: There's no arguing whether Askr is a good country. Those folks we met even offered us food. Us! Strangers!
- Idunn: Hmm... A good country? Good for... humans, you mean?
- Lugh: Well, yeah! That's the reason we were summoned here! To fight to bring peace to a good place.
- Idunn: Fight...for peace... Why is peace desirable? Lord Zephiel ordered me to erase humanity and set the world on the proper path... That is not peace, so is that something...I should not do? My purpose, the reason this power of mine exists, is to end humanity...
- Lugh: N-no! Think about it! We need peace to live happily! It's hard to be happy if you're fighting all the time, right?
- Idunn: I am the Demon Dragon. The peace you hold dear is nothing to me.
- Lugh: Well that won't do... There has to be SOMETHING in this world that'll get you to want to fight for peace, Idunn!
- Sharena: We've looked everywhere! Where are those two? I thought they'd visit town after leaving the castle for sure, but...
- Thea: Given the twig-like nature of Lugh's legs, it's likely they didn't get far before needing to stop to rest... They must've gone another direction. ... I never imagined...even after setting eyes on her in this world...that I would be helping save her. Here she is not part of Bern's army, no. Yet I cannot forget that she is the Dark Priestess...and a threat to all life.
Special Conversations - B Edit
- Sharena: Idunn, over here! I want to show you this spot!
- Idunn: This...spot?
- Sharena: Yes! Look—it's the flowerbed all the Heroes tend to!
- Idunn: What does...it do?
- Sharena: I'll show you! Want to try tending some flowers?
- Idunn: Tend...flowers?
- Sharena: That's right! That corner over there is still open, so why don't we make that your flowerbed! It'll be fun!
- Idunn: ...
- Sharena: I-is that a no? You don't need to be shy! The other Heroes and I will help you learn! Here are some flower seeds... Try planting whichever ones seem best to you!
- Idunn: ... Is there a...reason for this?
- Alfonse: Have you had a chance to discuss Dayan with Kiran?
- Sue: Yes, just a moment ago, actually... I came right out and asked why I can't find Grandpa in the castle. It seems summoning a Hero is not an exact matter. As far as who appears, Kiran can't choose. I didn't understand the entire explanation, to be honest... But the connections that call Heroes to this world from their own are rare and precious. But if a Hero has that connection, they will come into this world—but we can't predict when. At least, that's what I remember from what Kiran said...
- Alfonse: Hmm... Actually, this is starting to sound familiar...
- Sue: The connection to my grandpa must not yet exist. That would explain why he isn't here. I guess that's all there is to it...
- Lugh: I have to ask, Sue... How are you so good at riding horses?
- Sue: How? Hm... I'm not sure. I've been riding so long, I don't really think about it anymore...
- Lugh: Isn't there some kind of secret you can teach me?
- Sue: To ride a horse...it's important to understand the horse. Treat the horse's feelings as your own...
- Lugh: All right! I just need to become one with the mind of a horse. Easy!
- Lugh: Wh-whoa! Whuh— Waah! Keeping my balance on this horse is way harder than I expected it to be!
- Sue: Be calm. Hold the reins gently. Try not to confuse or startle the horse.
- Lugh: Don't confuse... Don't startle... OK... H-how's this? Feels like I'm doing it! OK! Now...time to try casting some spells and— Wh-whoa!
- Sue: Lugh! Keep both hands on the reins!
- Lugh: Wh-whaaa! OK, settle down! Easy... There's nothing to be afraid of. It's all right...
- Sue: The horse seems to have calmed down... Good.
- Lugh: As soon as I took a hand off the reins, I thought I was going to be thrown off for sure!
- Sue: It doesn't seem to be something that comes naturally to you, unfortunately. Where is...your tome, by the way?
- Lugh: Oh no! I must have dropped it when I had to grab the reins with both hands again! Wh-where was that?
- Sue: It must have fallen somewhere in this direction. Come on—I'll help you find it in no time.
- Lugh: Sorry to be so much trouble... Riding a horse is a lot harder than I thought it'd be, though. Maybe I'm not cut out for it...
- Anna: I've just finished putting the finishing touches on your contract, Thea.
- Thea: Oh! Thank you, Commander Anna. I appreciate you going to the trouble.
- Anna: After some thought, I decided that, since the one who summoned you here was Kiran... Askr shouldn't be your employer— it should be Kiran! But don't worry... The Order of Heroes will take care of your payment. So anyway, here's the contract. You can take a moment to look it over...
- Thea: ... ... ... Everything seems to be in order. I'll just mark it with my seal...here. Now, with the contract in place, please let the Order of Heroes know my strength is at their command.
- Anna: Of course! And I'll look forward to seeing you on the battlefield!
Reason to Fight - B Edit
- Lugh: Phew! We've been going for a while now... Maybe we should stop and rest our legs a bit! Hey, uh... You think we should've said something to someone before we left the castle? And...shouldn't we start heading back soon? People might be starting to worry, you know?
- Idunn: You may go back. You need not stay with me.
- Lugh: Yes, I do! I do need! I mean, we're friends, aren't we? I mean, we aren't enemies, at least... Right? It's just— I don't know. I don't think of YOU as a stranger, I guess.
- Idunn: ...
- Lugh: Have I told you I have a twin brother? His name's Raigh. He's smarter and stronger than me, but...he gets into trouble if he's left alone. It makes me worry about him. You remind me of Raigh, Idunn...
- Idunn: ...
- Lugh: Look! I can see village lights on that hillside! Let's go see if we can stay the night. Er... I'll go ask, and you can just wait here for a moment. Be right back!
- Alfonse: I think it's time to return to the castle, Sue. It's been three days since they left...We need a bigger search party.
- Sue: But if what those people along the road said is true, they shouldn't be much farther ahead now.
- Alfonse: What do— Why would Idunn decide to suddenly leave the castle? Do you think she could be questioning whether she wants to fight alongside us? I should have realized sooner...
- Sue: Life is a gift that grows and links with other life. Idunn came as an answer to Kiran's call. Her arrival was no coincidence. Idunn is here for a reason.
- Alfonse: Agreed. Perhaps Lugh thought the same, and that's why he went with her. Hmm... I've got a new plan. Will you stick with me a while longer, Sue?
- Sue: Let's go, then.
Special Conversations - A Edit
- Alfonse: So, I've been seeing Idunn out a lot more... Did I see her...raising flowers?
- Sharena: Yeah! She didn't seem interested at first, but now it seems like she's diligently tending her little garden!
- Alfonse: Compared to when I first met her, Idunn seems to have really softened.
- Sharena: It's true! And because of the whole thing with the flowers, I've been able to get to know her better too!
- Alfonse: Oh? My first impression was that youwere just hovering over her as she focused on her flowers... But you introduced her to the garden, and that's what's awoken this in her. And that's a good thing.
- Idunn: ...
- Sharena:Hello, Idunn! I see your flowers are growing quite well! This bud here will be blossoming tomorrow, no doubr...
- Idunn: Yes... You're right. At first, I did not see the reason for this garden to exist. Why devote myself to flowers? They are...momentary. Meaningless. despite that—because of it, perhaps... I feel I must...protect it. Help it.
- Sharena: Idunn... That's great!
- Idunn: This is...the first time I have felt this way. First time since...I could have known...this feeling. Long ago.
- Sharena: Hey! Is it...starting to rain? The skies were clear a moment ago! Let's get inside, Idunn. We don't want to catch a cold!
- Idunn: Yes...
- Alfonse: Sue, is...is something worrying you? You look lost in thought.
- Sue: ... Grandpa is greater—stronger and braver—than any person I'd ever met before coming here. Here, though, for the first time, I'm surrounded by Heroes who rival Grandpa in greatness. It makes no sense that I should be here instead of him.
- Alfonse: We needed YOU, Sue. That's all there is to it.
- Sue: I understand that, but...I still have so much to learn. I'm a far cry from the greatness of my grandfather. I'm here because I was called by my connection, but...does that mean it's right when others could do more?
- Alfonse: I know it's difficult to see, but try considering the longer view... Todays grow into tomorrows. And a tomorrow may come when you grow to be greater than even Dayan. That's what I believe—and I'm sure Kiran does too.
- Sue: O-oh.
- Alfonse: You should believe it too.
- Sue: Alfonse... Thank you. I think I understand now... I'll think on what you said. And I'll remember I was brought here for a reason.
- Lugh: Hey, Thea... Can I ask you something? How're you so good at riding pegasi?
- Thea: How? Hm... I'm not sure. Training to be a pegasus knight takes years of training, so that is likely the answer.
- Lugh: Isn't there some kind of secret you can teach me?
- Thea: To ride a pegasus...it's important to understand the pegasus. Treat the pegasus's feelings as your own...
- Lugh: All right! I just need to become one with the mind of a pegasus! Hm... This conversation seems strangely familiar...
- Thea: Pegasi are temperamental animals, so we have to start by gaining their trust and building a relationship.
- Lugh: Got it!
- Thea: This is... Wow! I chose her becauseI knew she was gentle, but I didn't think she'd accept you so quickly.
- Lugh: She's so friendly! Do you think she'd let me ride her?
- Thea: Oh, Lugh, I'm sorry to tell you, but... pegasi don't allow men to ride them.
- Lugh: R-Really?!
- Thea: Thea I'm sorry... I should have thought to mention that sooner... I didn't mean to get your hopes up for nothing.
- Lugh: It's OK, Thea. Sorry for taking up so much of your time with my questions. I'll just have to think of another way!
- Alfonse: Hello there, Thea! I saw you fighting extremely hard in yesterday's battle... I must say—I was impressed!
- Thea: I fight best when I'm being paid. Most of the Heroes here are fighting for peace, the thought of payment not even crossing their minds... I know better. Fighting has a cost-so if you're fighting for free, that cost is entirely on your shoulders.
- Alfonse: Yes, the cost of war is high...
- Thea: I come from the frozen country of Ilia. I have seen people taken by cold and people taken by empty stomachs. Money can save lives, including those of the ones you care about. Why put myself at risk for less? Honor? Honor won't fill your belly or keep you warm during long winter nights. I'm sorry... I didn't mean to say all of that. It just...came out.
- Alfonse: No, don't worry. I appreciate you telling me all of that. I think I better understand your perspective now.
- Thea: Well, if you'll excuse me, I must start preparing for the next battle now.
- Alfonse: ... "Honor won't fill your belly..." I wasn't expecting such heavy conversation to come out of a simple compliment...
Reason to Fight - A Edit
- Lugh: Thank you so much! Take care! Idunn, wave your hand at the nice people... Like me.
- Idunn: Like...this?
- Lugh: Wow! Those kids really loved you, huh! What's it like to be so popular? ...I, uh, don't know if you heard... They said those kids lost their families to war. They're all alone.
- Idunn: ...
- Lugh: But they're all still doing their best to live on and keep smiling. I'm glad they all found each other. Raigh and I grew up in a situation not so different from theirs, so I know how important it can be to smile.
- Idunn: ...
- Lugh: By the way, when we were leaving, it looked like they gave you something... Was it...a present?
- Idunn: Yes... They called it...a picture? Is it the children, you, and...me.
- Lugh: Wow, what a great present, Idunn! And look—they drew both of us with HUGE smiles, Idunn! Seems like they put a lot of thought and care into it... This must be how you look to the children, Idunn!
- Idunn: Can I smile like that? I wonder...
- Lugh: Of course you can!
- Idunn: I know nothing of peace or why this world should continue when others must not... I do know, however, that I do not wish for the children to lose their smiles and laughter.
- Lugh: You have the power to protect their smiles, Idunn.
- Idunn: Me? Protect...them? Hm.
- Alfonse: Idunn, Lugh! There you are! I'm so glad we finally found you! Are you two all right?
- Sharena: Everyone was so worried! They'll be so relieved we finally found you!
- Lugh: O-oh, I'm so sorry! We didn't mean to make anyone worry. I thought we would be back sooner!
- Idunn: I...was the one that left abruptly. Please accept my apologies.
- Sue: You are both safe. That is what matters most.
- Thea: Idunn... I don't know anything about you other than, in our world, we were enemies... And we never spoke.
- Idunn: ...
- Thea: I want to speak with you now. I want to set aside the past and for you to fight alongside us as our ally.
- Alfonse: That's right, Idunn! And if anything is troubling you, don't hesitate to come to us to talk about it, all right?
- Sue: Yes. The reason we worried when we thought you lost is that, to us, you are a friend. You are one of us.
- Idunn: Thank...you...very much.
- Alfonse: All right, I think it's about time we start heading back to the castle now.
- Idunn: I feel...something...warm. Something from the past... A memory of a dream. A feeling I once knew... I thought— I am empty inside, yet... there the feeling is...
- Lugh: It's all right, Idunn... Even if you were empty inside, that would just be moreroom to make something new!
- Idunn: Perhaps... But it is not that time... I may have found my reason to fight for this world—and something I must protect.
Special Conversations - S Edit
- Sharena: Whew! That was some heavy rain, but thankfully, it looks like the flowers are all right... You must be lucky, Idunn!
- Idunn: ...
- Sharena: Looks like we only lost a few petals and are otherwise still in full bloom!
- Idunn: Life can be...resilient.
- Sharena: These flowers have YOU to thank for their resilience—you and the love you poured into them.
- Idunn: I poured...what on them?
- Sharena: Love! And like you did with these flowers, you can help ensure a future for other life too!
- Idunn: My reason...for being in this world remains unknown to me. But...perhaps here my purpose is... not decided.
- Sharena: That's right! Just like these flowers here were buds only yesterday, we're all growing and blossoming!
- Idunn: Life is...bright. Colorful.
- Sharena: True! These flowers especially... Actually...the raindrops on the petals remind me of your eyes, Idunn! I feel like each blossom is a memory we share—a memory of friendship! So let's keep the blossoms coming!
- Alfonse: You look to be in great spirits, Sue! And you're on a real tear hitting the bull's-eyes too...
- Sue: Yes, my heart is calm...and the voice of the wind is clear in my ears. Alfonse, it's clear you expect much of me—as does Kiran. I will do my best to rise and meet those expectations.
- Alfonse: Good. And remember...you are not supposed to fill Dayan's shoes. Seek and focus on your own personal talents.
- Sue: Right. I will listen for the guidance of Mother Earth and Father Sky. They'll lead me down the right path.
- Alfonse: And don't give up hope that you'll see Dayan here someday. There are a lot of tomorrows yet to come.
- Sue: When that tomorrow comes, I want to be ready... I want to show off exactly what I'm made of! For now, I must focus on my training and developing the courage I need to protect all those dear to me.
- Anna: Hey, Lugh! How did your mounted practice go?
- Lugh: Well, Commander... It doesn't seem I'm cut out for either one. And the worst part is, I wasted other people's time just to find out I'm no good at something.
- Anna: Hm. I see... Well, even if you can't ride a horse or a pegasus, that's nothing to get down about. There are plenty of Heroes here who fight extremely well without either a horse or a pegasus!
- Lugh: Yeah... I guess...
- Anna: I understand how you feel, Lugh, but at least you had the experience! Finding out what you can do, little by little, is something I think all Heroes experience as they grow stronger.
- Lugh: Hmm... You're right. There's no reason to overextend myself. It'd be better to focus on honing the skills I already have! Thanks, Commander Anna. You really helped open my eyes! I'll just concentrate on becoming a full-fledged mage for now!
- Anna: Just keep at it, Lugh, and I expect I'll be seeing good things from you!
- Alfonse: I've been thinking about your reason for choosing a mercenary life, Thea. So you can give to those who need it.
- Thea: Well...the payment I earn in this world cannot be used in Ilia, I'm afraid, so... I'll be using my earnings to continue living as a pegasus knight of Ilia.
- Alfonse: Oh, I see! That must be pretty important to you.
- Thea: We knights of Ilia take an oath that says a contract made as a mercenary cannot be betrayed. Even if we have to fight family...we follow our employer's orders to ensure the future of our homeland. My strength is yours. I will carry out any mission, no matter what, for Ilia. That is my oath.
- Alfonse: The words of one who truly cares for their country... I care for my country as well... I would give everything... Thea, will you lend us your strength and help protect the people of this country as if they were your own?
- Thea: Of course. That's included as part of the contract—and I never break a contract once it's been made. I swear, on my pride as an Ilian, this lance will protect Askr and its people.
A Trust Earned Edit
- Ranulf: ...And with that, you're all caught up on the situation here in Askr.
- Lethe: We haven't been here long, so there hasn't been time to gather as much intel as I'd like...
- Caineghis: What you brought is good enough to inform how we proceed. Your keen eyes and ears have served us well.
- Ranulf: It's an honor to receive your praise, Your Majesty.
- Caineghis: Of course. Thanks to you, I've reached my decision. We laguz of Gallia will fight side by side with the Kingdom of Askr.
- Lethe: As you command, Your Majesty.
- Ranulf: Right. The Order of Heroes has wide popular support, which shows the Askran royals must be good people.
- Caineghis: Indeed. And beyond that, I sense no ill intentions from their summoner, Kiran. But perhaps most importantly, the Greil Mercenaries who arrived before us have given the Askrans their trust.
- Ranulf: Right. That, more than anything else we've found, proves that the people of Askr are worthy of our trust.
- Mordecai: ...
- Lethe: What's worng, Mordecai? Does our king's decision not sit right with you? Now's the time to speak up!
- Mordecai: No, no. It is not like that. Mordecai agrees Askr needs our help.
- Ranulf: Hm...
Special Conversations - C Edit
- Alfonse: You have my gratitude, King Caineghis. Your support is very reassuring...and appreciated.
- Caineghis: Yes, perhaps it was providence that brought us here... Whatever the case, we will give all we have in the name of peace. For the pride of Gallia, we can do no less.
- Alfonse: I'm glad to hear it. And I must admit, I am eager to learn how a great king such as yourself approaches war.
- Caineghis: I have had little occasion to act more like a warrior than a king... It has been some time since I took to the field and looked my enemy in the eye... In my younger days, however, things were different... It's strange. You are of the royal family, and yet...you still risk your life in battle. Does no one protest?
- Alfonse: Yes... I am aware it isn't quite proper for royalty to enter the fray...
- Caineghis: On the contrary! Putting yourself at risk with your countrymen raises their morale. Is that not a king's purpose? I am sure there are many varieties of beorc king, but...yours is a style we laguz find a natural fit.
- Ranulf: I can't say I expected you to accept taking orders from our new beorc friends so easily, Lethe.
- Lethe: And what's that supposed to mean?
- Ranulf: Well, before you'd say things like, "Why should I help beorc that can't even help themselves?" I just expected you to be more bristled by the situation...
- Lethe: Th-that was in the past! Things are different now, so my attitude about it is different too. Besides, my king commanded our cooperation. I will not question his decision.
- Ranulf: Hmm... I see... So you really have mellowed out, then, haven't you?
- Lethe: Wh-what?! A-are you making fun of me or something?
- Sharena: Sooo...what was Lethe like before, Ranulf? Sounds like she was pretty different before...so I'm curious!
- Lethe: Huh? Where did y- It was too long ago to remember clearly! That's all you need to know!
- Sharena: Ah! Wait-Lethe! She sure left in a hurry... You don't think she's mad at me, do you?
- Ranulf: No... I don't think she's really mad... I think she's just embarrassed about some things in her past. She was young...and brash. And now I think she regrets some of the things she said and did. She's not the type to admit that, of course-that's just how she is. She's not always easy to get along with...
- Sharena: Well, I'm going to try! Getting along with people from other worlds is kind of our specialty, after all.
- Ranulf: Normally an army stinks of blood and iron-or worse. The people you've gathered at this castle, however, lack that smell... Reminds me of when I met the Greil Mercenaries... Even though it seems like it's been ages since I first met Ike, I remember it like it was only yesterday...
- Anna: Hey! Is that you, Ranulf? Are you doing some sort of...investigation?
- Ranulf: Oh, hello, Commander Anna! I'm... well, yes, I am investigating, to tell you the truth. Even with the map I was given, I had some questions I needed to answer with evidence from my own eyes.
- Anna: Ah, so this is an exercise in caution, then? Are you not at ease here?
- Ranulf: I suppose I am... This is clearly a place of good people. Even the air in the castle is warm and welcoming.
- Anna: I agree! I hope everyone from Gallia will grow to love it as I do... Askr has a lot to offer!
- Ranulf: You're right... Maybe there's some way I can help with that.
- Mordecai: Hrm? Is that Fjorm?
- Fjorm: Ah! I-I hope I didn't frighten you! My apologies... I saw you surrounded by all those animals, and...I had to get a closer look...
- Mordecai: You did not scare me. Mordecai can smell when danger is close. You do not smell like danger.
- Fjorm: I-I...I smell? But I bathe and change my clothes every day...
- Mordecai: Mordecai's nose smells many things yours does not. But...it is not a bad smell.
- Fjorm: Oh... Well... That's a relief! But enough of that-I came to ask about the animals that were all around you. All the little birds, squirrels, deer, and other forest creatures... It was... very cute.
- Mordecai: They are my friends. They teach Mordecai about Askr.
- Fjorm: I am a bit jealous. You have so many adorable little friends, Mordecai! Where I'm from, everything is always covered in snow and ice, so the cute forest animals stay hidden away... Growing up, I always longed to see all the cute little animals for myself, and then just now...there they are.
- Mordecai: Hmm... Fjorm maybe can get a closer look than this. Just need to try...like Mordecai.
- Fjorm: All right, I will try! Thank you, Mordecai!
A Trust Earned - C Edit
- Sharena: Ranulf! Lethe! Nice work out there, you two! I could see the focus in your eyes across the battlefield!
- Ranulf: Oh, that? Just you wait, Princess Sharena. You haven't seen anything close to a serious Gallian yet!
- Lethe: It's true. When our king joins the vanguard, our foes tremble so much, you can see their weapons wobble!
- Sharena: Well, I'm glad you all are on our side! Even Mordecai's fighting is incredible, which I hadn't expected...
- Ranulf: Hm. I know what you mean. Hey, Lethe... Have you noticed Mordecai acting strange since we arrived in Askr?
- Lethe: Yes... I'm not sure what, but something seems off with him.
- Sharena: Huh? R-really? But he seems so kind... Surely there's nothing wrong with that, is there?
- Ranulf: Well, with Mordecai... the gentleness can be a problem. Let me put it this way... He closes his eyes when he strikes an enemy. He feels others' pain-even his enemies'. That's just how he is.
- Sharena: Oh... So he's a gentle soul...
- Ranulf: There's a change that whatever is bothering him now is a result of that gentleness to...
- Lethe: No use talking about it if none of us know anything. I'm going to go ask him directly.
- Ranulf: Hey-Lethe! Wait a minute!
- Lethe: Ah, there you are, Mordecai. I need to ask you... Is something worrying you about this place?
- Mordecai: ...
- Lethe: You've been in loads of battles back home, so what reason could there be to hesitate joining the fight now?
- Mordecai: I am not...scared to fight. Mordecai is...sad. Sad that fighting is in this place too... Does every world fight? Does the fighting end?
- Lethe: ... So that's what's been bothering you since we arrived, then, huh? I see...
- Mordecai: When Mordecai came to Askr, my heart leaped to be in a new world. But fighting never ends here either...
- Caineghis: ...
Special Conversations - B Edit
- Caineghis: When I grow old and frail, Gallia will need a successor to take my place. Unfortunately, that successor is currently a hot-blooded fool...just as I was in the days of my youth.
- Alfonse: You? A fool? I have trouble imagining that, King Caineghis.
- Caineghis: Yes, well, my younger self had it in his head that any problem could be solved if one applied enough force. My successor acts as if he has the same idea in his head—if indeed he has anything but muscle up there.
- Alfonse: Correct me if I'm mistaken, but...isn't the king of Gallia determined by strength rather than by bloodline? If that is so, it seems natural for Gallia's future king to use his great strength to fight for his people.
- Caineghis: While his physical strength cannot be denied, it makes him weaker in some important ways. Conquering your foes by force alone fills one with a certain arroance... You begin to feel unstoppable. Then, when a crushing defeat finally comes...more than just the battle is lost. Everything you knew changes. When one values strength above all... Some can lose themselves—who they thought they were—in defeat.
- Alfonse: If strength is a weakness, as you say, what would happen if such a person took the throne?
- Caineghis: With someone like that...as long as he does not lose, he cannot change—and therefore, he cannot rule justly. The ruler who cannot change, you see, can only be a tyrant. And so he must lose before taking the throne. I would rather have died from the defeat that shaped me than to have never faced it at all. And if my successor dies in defeat, though I would mourn, so be it. It will be better for Gallia in the end. But if he can meet defeat and keep moving forward, he will be that much closer to being worthy of the throne.
- Sharena: Now...let the Get to Know Lethe Tea Party commence!
- Lethe: ...
- Fjorm: I prepared some tea made with Askran fruit. I hope you like it.
- Lethe: ...
- Fjorm: Oh! I apologize... Are we being inconsiderate? Would you rather go hunting than sip tea together?
- Lethe: N-no... But I...appreciate you asking. This just isn't the type of thing I'm used to, so...excuse my confusion.
- Sharena: Well, the snacks are a good place to start! I brought a bunch-and I baked the muffins myself. Try some! Oh, and by the way, feel free to call me Sharena... No need for formalities with me!
- Fjorm: And just Fjorm will suit me. My place as a member of the Order of Heroes is more important than my title.
- Lethe: You two are...strange. Even though I know you're royal, you're...different. More...friendly than I'm used to.
- Sharena: I get that a lot!
- Lethe: When you two see our differences- our tails and ears-you're not afraid?
- Sharena: No! Of course not! I think they're great!
- Fjorm: I agree. Seeing your tail swish back and forth always manages to put a smile on my face...
- Sharena: Yeah! And your ears are cute too, Lethe! I love them!
- Lethe: You're both...very kind. So...can we drink this tea already. And also...can you teach me more about Askr?
- Sharena: I'd be happy to. But first...can I pour your tea for you?
- Anna: Oh, hi, Ranulf! More investigating?
- Ranulf: Heh. Not today. Today I'm trying to get to know some of the Heroes around the castle. I'm continually surprised by the lack of reaction to my ears and tail...
- Anna: Oh, hmm... Everyone is used to that sort of thing around the castle at this point, I imagine... After all, we have people here who can change into dragons—and there are kitsune and wolfskin too!
- Ranulf: Right... I met an odd pup who took one look at my tail and asked, "You get any good hair balls from that?" Seems like there's something or someone new around every corner and I have to, well...investigate! The strangest thing is that, even though some Heroes here have a dark or complex past... I haven't seen anyone here treat anyone else negatively about their history!
- Anna: That would be Alfonse and Sharena's influence. Their bright attitudes draw everyone in. They're so earnest, everyone just wants to help them!
- Ranulf: I see... So this pleasant atmosphere is Alfonse and Sharena's doing, then? Interesting... Thank you, Commander Anna. That gives me something to think about.
- Anna: Oh, um, you're welcome! If you have any questions, you can come ask me anytime you'd like!
- Ranulf: I will. Thank you.
- Fjorm: May I...ask you something, Mordecai?
- Mordecai: Yes. I will answer if I can.
- Fjorm: I was hoping you might more... specific advice when it comes to drawing the forest creatures out...
- Mordecai: "Spess...ific"? What does this word mean?
- Fjorm: Oh, um...I mean, is there one thing I need to know to become friends with animals like you can? A...trick?
- Mordecai: Hmm... No. No tricks. Mordecai...does not think about it. Just is friend.
- Fjorm: Hmm... I went to the forest, but none of the animals would allow me to approach them... They were too scared.
- Mordecai: Might take time. Practice. Be patient, and you will be friends...I think.
- Fjorm: I see... Patience... Thank you for your advice, Mordecai. I will go put it to the test right now!
- Mordecai: ...
- Ranulf: Hey, Mordecai... Was that Princess Fjorm you were just talking to?
- Mordecai: Yes. Fjorm wants to make more friends. I am teaching her.
- Ranulf: Huh? "Friends"? What do you mean? Wasn't she headed toward the forest just now?
- Mordecai: Fjorm wants forest friends.
- Ranulf: Oh, I see... She saw you in the forest, and wanted to get up close to some animals like that. Is that it? A laguz can do that kind of thing, but it might be difficult for a beorc, don't you think?
- Mordecai: Hmm... You are right...
A Trust Earned - B Edit
- Caineghis: Mordecai. Day after day, you perform your duty magnificently...
- Mordecai: Please... I need no praise.
- Caineghis: Mordecai... I believe things are as you fear... As long as people exist, war will rise up between them.
- Mordecai: ...
- Caineghis: Nevertheless...deserting, abandoning one's responsibility, cannot ever be tolerated. We cannot give in so long as we have our fangs, our claws, or strength, and our pride... Those with strength have a duty far more important than doing no harm—the duty to protect.
- Mordecai: Hm... Duty...
- Caineghis: People here are risking their lives in a fight against forces they do not truly understand... We cannot stand by and allow justice to be undone. We stand on the edge of despair. But perhaps we can keep from falling in by clever use of fang and claw... If it is possible to find such a way forward, Mordecai, you are the kind to find it.
- Mordecai: Your...Majesty...
- Caineghis: We must fight now so that someday the fighting can stop—before the world tumbles into despair.
- Mordecai: ... I hate fighting. But...I hate when friends get hurt more. Mordecai will fight.
- Caineghis: Never let your kind heart grow hard, Mordecai. It allows you to see much others cannot. That will be a strenth in the struggles to come...
Special Conversations - A Edit
- Caineghis: My personal philosophy is, as a king on the battlefield, the one thing you must always be sure you do is... never die. No matter what happens, you must survive. To me, that is part of a king's duty as the head of his country. No matter how miserable the loss, if the king lives, there is hope.
- Alfonse: ...
- Caineghis: I have a personal advisor and envoy, who some call my shadow. His name is Giffca. If he is able to perform my duties in one way or another, I will ask him to so that my life is at less risk. My people need me—at least until an heir is ready to replace me. To that end, I must take certain measures.
- Alfonse: Thank you, King Caineghis. There is so much to being a king— both on and off the battlefield. I think I'm beginning to understand that. And as part of that understanding, I'm also beginning to see how much I still have yet to learn...
- Caineghis: Take heart... Though you may have some work ahead of you yet, already you possess much of what is needed. Keep looking for examples of kings you admire. Find them one by one, and let them shape your growth.
- Lethe: Can I ask you something, Sharena?
- Sharena: Oh, hi, Lethe! You can ask me anything you want.
- Lethe: You all find it easy to make friends with those who are different from you...without hate or fear... Regardless of the facts of a person's life, you value them for who they are. I used to think whether someone was a laguz or a beorc decided if I considered them my enemy. I didn't need to meet them, let alone get to know them, to make my decision.
- Sharena: ...
- Lethe: There is a long, terrible history between the laguz and beorc where I'm from... We couldn't accept each other, and were always feuding over who should rightfully rule the other... Our king, King Caineghis, finally put a stop to the cycle of hatred, and looked for a peaceful way forward... But even then, hatred for beorc still lived in my heart.
- Sharena: Ah, So, that must be the younger Lethe who Ranulf was talking about.
- Lethe: Yes. But...I'm not like that anymore. Now I see we're all different in some way. If there are beorc worth hating, some must be worth trusting too. Only a fool—like my younger self— could be believe someone's race determines their value. Having learned that lesson, it became much easier to share my king's vision of peace between beorc and laguz.
- Sharena: Nice work out there, Ranulf! You did some real damage ou there! Here, have some water...
- Ranulf: Water from Princess Sharena herself... I'm not sure I deserve such an honor.
- Sharena: This? Oh, it's OK! Really! I'm happy to get you watever you need—never be afraid to ask!
- Alfonse: That's right! And besides, we get the honor of seeing the warriors of Gallia take to the field. It's only fair! So, please, as Sharena said, tell us if there is anything we can do to make your stay here more comfortable.
- Ranulf: Hm. I see what Anna meant about their bright and earnest attitudes...
- Alfonse: Hm? Did you say something?
- Ranulf: Oh, nothing. Just remembering a talk I had with Commander Anna earlier today... She said that everyone here stays positive because of you two. Because of your infectious attitudes.
- Alfonse: A-Anna said that? Well...I'm certainly happy if we're able to help others...
- Sharena: Each Hero does so much for us, I feel like I can't thank them all nearly enough! And I hope we all become close friends, so you feel like you can call on me whenever you need to talk.
- Ranulf: That means a lot, Princess Sharena... To be frank, speaking formally is not my strong suit... So I'd be happy to count you among my friends!
- Alfonse: Friends and allies, pursuing the same goal, together.
- Ranulf: Right! I'm excited to continue working together with you both.
- Sharena: The feeling's mutual! And don't forget—let us know if you need anything at all!
- Lethe: Mordecai, I...saw Princess Fjorm out in the forest... Do you know what she's doing out there?
- Mordecai: Hrm?
- Lethe: She was out there scattering food, putting on what looked like...cat ears? Is it some Askran accessory?
- Mordecai: Hmm... I think Fjorm is trying to make forest friends...
- Lethe: Sometimes the beorc do things I just cannot understand...
- Fjorm: Hmph... It's no use. None of the animals are coming anywhere near me no matter what I do...
- Mordecai: They must not be scared. Maybe they are confused.
- Fjorm: Mordecai! ...What do you mean?
- Mordecai: If you run, animals also run. Fjorm is after animals, so they are confused.
- Fjorm: Ohh...I was too aggressive in my pursuit, and the animals were being careful to avoid me...
- Mordecai: Fjorm should do nothing. It is best to be natural...and slow. Be with the forest. If you do, animals will not be confused.
- Fjorm: Act naturally... As part of the forest... I believe I understand. Thank you, Mordecai! I will try again...
- Mordecai: Fjorm can do it-she can be friends with anyone.
A Trust Earned - A Edit
- Sharena: Amazing work today, Mordecai! You took on a whole front by yourself!
- Mordecai: Thank you, Sharena... Alfonse, was anyone hurt?
- Alfonse: No, everyone is safe and unharmed... and much of that is thanks to your effors today, Mordecai. Thank you. I know Gallia has no connection to Askr, and I feel awful for involving all of you...
- Mordecai: You did not make us fight. We want to help. That is why Mordecai works hard. I want to. I want to help Alfonse, Sharena, [Summoner]... All of you. You are all Mordecai's friends. Strength is for protecting friends. Mordecai will protect at all costs.
- Sharena: Oh, thank you, Mordecai! That makes me so happy to hear... I think of you as a close friend too!
- Lethe: Ah, Mordecai! Are you back in your usual spirits? Your eyes look like they've brightened up a bit.
- Ranulf: Oh? So you've been keeping a close eye on Mordecai too, then, have you, Lethe?
- Lethe: Of course I have! I'm his superior, aren't I? It's my job to be concerned!
- Ranulf: OK, OK! I didn't mean anything by asking, Lethe! Don't let your tail get ruffled, all right?
- Mordecai: I am...sorry to worry you. Mordecai is fine. Thank you for your concern.
- Ranulf: I understand what worries you here. Mordecai. But trust me—if this could be solved without war, it would be. The thing is...if you don't fight when you need to fight, you cannot keep peace safe from threats.
- Alfonse: Yes! I agree with that as well.
- Caineghis: As long as there are people, there will be conflict. But...if people are the cause of the conflict, they can also put an end to it...though it may take some effort. Those who possess strength must not fear using it when they must. Our duty is to ensure a bright future!
- Alfonse: Hear, hear!
Special Conversations - S Edit
- Caineghis: Ah! Good timing, Prince Alfonse. I was just thinking about our talk. I want to clear something up.
- Alfonse: I'd be happy to hear anything you have to tell me!
- Caineghis: All life is equal-or so we wish. But... that is not the reality we live in. You can see the evidence in the difference between the weight of a king's life and that of a soldier's.
- Alfonse: I don't-
- Caineghis: Let me be clear... Neither life is superior to the other. The difference is the weight of the responsibility. A king's life is not his own to spend. It is a life responsible for the people. That is one thing we must not forget. A king must be disciplined and live to carry o ut his responsibility to his country and people. Are you prepared to do that, Prince Alfonse? Is that the kind of promise you can make your people?
- Alfonse: I admit, I am extremely inexperienced next to every other king gathered at the castle, but... I can promise that my resolve is unwavering. I'm ready and willing to do everything I need to do.
- Caineghis: Good. As long as you remember that promise, your path will lead you to become the king you need to be. As for me, there is no country here over which I rule-no Gallia. Yet I will still fight in its name, as king. And as king, rest assured, I will survive, and I will win the day With the weight of both Gallia and Askr on my shoulders, that face will remain true. So let us fight, survive, and win together, that we may both fulfill our duties as king!
- Fjorm: Lethe, I was unable to thank you for your help earlier... Without you, I would have been in real trouble.
- Lethe: No thanks necessary, Fjorm. We laguz have a natural advantage when it comes to moving across a battlefield! And if we can rely on each other's strengths, we'll be much stronger. Isn't that right, Sharena?
- Sharena: That's right! By using the abilities that make us strong as individuals, we'll grow stronger as a whole!
- Lethe: I think I'm realizing what it was my ancestors were missing... They didn't know how to trust. They couldn't see past a person's bloodline or the facts of their birth. I owe you Askrans for helping me realize that.
- Fjorm: Hmm... Something like that, that can't be seen or touched, is more precious than any gem. I, too, owe Askr my gratitude. Mine is...a great debt that I can never repay. Even so, I will strive to give whatever and however I can-not as a princess, but as a friend.
- Sharena: Aw, you two...
- Lethe: Sharena, let me devote my fangs and claws to your cause. It's the only way I know how to show I trust you, so...please. Let me fight at your side.
- Sharena: Of course, Lethe! And I'm happy to hear you feel you can trust us. That warms my heart.
- Lethe: And once the dust clears, maybe we can...have another tea party? I liked the last one better than I expected...
- Sharena: Yes! Consider it done!
- Caineghis: ...
- Ranulf: Askr is gentle, and king. The royalty, Prince Alfonse and Princess Sharena, are shining examples of that... Their kindness finds its way into the hearts of everyone who comes here, regardless of their social status.
- Caineghis: ...
- Ranulf: I can't say I've ever seen anything quite like this, but... I do know that gentle people can easily be put to ruin by power...by the plots of the wicked.
- Caineghis: I believe you are correct about Askr, Ranulf... And I am happy for it, for we are fortunate. We are fortunate they are not a land ruled by tyranny. Their virtue will be to the benefit of all of us.
- Ranulf: Yes. They are certainly worthy of our strength...and our trust.
- Caineghis: We must remember, Ranulf, the war being waged here brings in warriors from across time and realities... The horrors that might await us here may make our previous experience seem small and provincial. Even so, we must prepare ourselves to stand alongside them and take on whatever comes... Understood?
- Ranulf: Of course, Your Majesty. Your word is my command. Together we will make the future one worth fighting to see.
- Ranulf: Hey, Mordecai. I just Fjorm out in the forest... She was out there surrounded by a bunch of animals!
- Mordecai: Oh? I am glad.
- Ranulf: She looked like she was having a great time too. And all the animals were calm in her presence... She must have learned to sense the hearts of the animals for so many to trust a beorc like that...
- Mordecai: Fjorm is...kind. And open. Mordecai knew this.
- Fjorm: Oh, hello, Mordecai. Look... It is amazing how much more comfortable they are around me now... All these birds and squirrels-oh, and the cute little bunnies...they've never been this calm around me.
- Mordecai: I am glad... It is good to see you are all friends now.
- Fjorm: If I were to tell the truth, I...fell asleep in this grove here. And when I opened my eyes, all the creatures of the forest had gathered around me...
- Mordecai: Fjorm was one with the forest. So forest friends felt safe.
- Fjorm: Of course... By acting naturally, the woodland creatures all felt more at home near me. When I stopped chasing after them, they came to me on their own... Perhaps the same could be said for people as well...
- Mordecai: Yes. Mordecai and Fjorm grew close without trying.
- Fjorm: That's true! And I'm excited to grow even close with you and everyone else from Gallia!
- Mordecai: It will happen. Two people near each other become friends before long. It is...natural.
Power's Den Edit
- Fjorm: I had heard this gloomy wood was home to wandering shades—Heroes seeking that which they have lost... The rumors had said it was cold, but this is more than even I was prepared for...the chill is different from Nifl's. It's as if the cold here is enough to freeze your heart in your ches— Wait... Who's there?!
- Mareeta: Don't try to run...
- Fjorm: I-is that you, Mareeta?!
- Mareeta: ...Die!
- Fjorm: Uwah! Mareeta! What are y— Aah! You're going to ki— Uagh!
- Mareeta: I... Unngh... Ah! Oh no! Princess Fjorm... You shouldn't be— Leave...now...
- Fjorm: Mareeta?! Wh-what is happening?
- Tiki: ...Why are you here?
- Fjorm: Huh? I-is it you, Tiki?
- Tiki: Is this...a dream? Am I...are we in the fane? Those who defile the sanctuary... will become ash...
- Fjorm: Tiki, it's me, Fjorm! There's no need to—Aagh! '*pant* *pant* What is... going on... in these woods?
- Corrin: Princess Fjorm! This way!
- Fjorm: Princess Corrin?! Where did y— Oh, never mind that! I am just happy to see a friendly face...
- Corrin: All right... We put some distance between us, so we should be safe here for now.
- Fjorm: Whew... Can you... What happened to those two?!
- Corrin: They are not the Mareeta and Tiki you know. ...Just as I am not the Corrin you know.
- Fjorm: Wh-what do you mean?
- Corrin: I mean, if you can avoid entering these woods...you should. I can't— Hrrgh...
- Fjorm: Princess Corrin?! Y-you're dripping with sweat! Are you ill?
- Corrin: Please... Do not worry over me... Just...run... Flee this place!
- Berkut: You would do well to listen to her Even among the others in these woods, she...is the true monster.
- Fjorm: Ah! Prince Berkut! Wh-what do you mean by that?
- Berkut: You've been warned, Princess. Not all Heroes are blessed. You would be wise to remember that.
Special Conversations - C Edit
- Mareeta: Zzz... Th-this sword... I can't... Must stay away... Have to...protect them. I...won't lose! I will...walk the path! I am...daughter of Eyvel! Hngh! ...Mother...I can't... N-no, I— I can't!
- Mareeta: *gasp* Th-that same dream again... The Darkness inside me...getting stronger and stronger until... Until I turn my blade on those I hold dear. Everyone, everything I love...all soaked in blood... That is...not the reason I picked up my blade... I want to be like Mother... I want to... help Lord Leif... Hngh! O-oh no... I-it's— NyaaAAAHH! ... Kill... Kill... KILL! Every last one! With this sword...I will kill them all!
- Tiki: Zzz... N-no... No... Don't leave me... I don't want to be left alone... I can't... So lonely... Please... Hold my...hand... No, don't leave... Ban-Ban... Where did you go?
- Tiki: Mmm... *yawn* Where...am I? Oh, that's right, I...was called here...to this world... But...no one is here... Where did they all go? I don't want...to be alone... Maybe this is another dream. But even in my dreams, there are others...even if they're leaving... I don't understand. Somewhere... there must be others like me. Maybe they can help me...
- Corrin: Zzz... M-Mother... I'm sorry... I couldn't protect you... I lost control! Everything... ruined... Why... How can I begin to express... I'm so sorry! Hng... Ugh... I'm... burning! My blood... Blood is... boiling... It's bubbling up!
- Corrin: *gasp* ...Even in a dream, it's the same... I can't protect anyone. I can't resist the...power seething inside me... My siblings all around me... If Azura hadn't been there, I... I... *sob* I'm so...scared. Scared of myself... What I might become... This power coursing through me... turns me against even those most precious to me... What if I can't be stopped next time? How can I keep going, knowing what I might do...
- Berkut: Zzz...S-Sire... Allow me...to the front... You Excellency! Mercy! ... And you...Rinea? You laugh...with the rest? Rudolf, Massena... Watching me...toil... You all knew! I would...never be emperor! Was it all an act? Out of PITY?! Duma! Grant me strength! Set this land to...ruin... Take from me what you will! I care not anymore!
- Berkut: ...Gah! D-damn it... That damn dream...always the same. How many times...over and over... Is this...the price strength demands? Rrah! Gah! My head...is splitting! ... Rinea... Yes, I came here to search for Rinea. Through the gate...over great distance... Are you here, Rinea—in this world? Rinea... Where are you?
Power's Den - C Edit
- Fjorm: ...
- Berkut: So you've come back. You should not come here to simply slake your curiosity...
- Fjorm: I did not come here out of curiosity. I want to...know more about all of you here. The Prince Berkut I know is confident and sure in his purpose. Yet you... You are different.
- Berkut: Hmph. He knows not what lies ahead of him. Without strength, he remains ignorant of the world's true cruelty. He has much yet to learn... I, however, earned my strength... Yet I wonder...might I change my past by changing his future?
- Fjorm: Prince Berkut, no! Y-you can't!
- Berkut: Hah! Have you not witnessed my overwhelming strength? With Duma's blessing, none can oppose my will! Though, if I consider who is happier between him and myself... I... Hrk— GyaaAAHHH!
- Fjorm: P-Prince Berkut?!
- Berkut: Where are you, Rinea... Please, answer me... I cannot find you... I can't see... I can't see...anything... Only... darkness!
- Fjorm: P-Prince Berkut! Wait—I... Come back...
Special Conversations - B Edit
- Berkut: The air is heavy...with bloodlust. Show yourself, puppet!
- Mareeta: ...
- Berkut: So you would challenge me? Absurd! I possess the strength of Duma! The strength of a god! You will suffer for your mistake!
- Mareeta: Die!
- Berkut: I will not be the one to meet my end today! Hyah!
- Mareeta: Kill... Kill... KILL THEM ALL!
- Berkut: Not bad...for a peasant. But...you are still no match for Kriemhild!
- Mareeta: ...Urk! ...Augh! M-my head...
- Berkut: ...What? Where... The weight of bloodlust on the air is lifting...
- Mareeta: '*pant* I am...sorry... P-please... I'm so sorry!
- Berkut: So quickly she retreats... I wonder... could she be controlled by that blade of hers? Her mind seemed to be completely suppressed... Heh. Miserable creature. Her life would be much easier if she gave herself over to the blade.
- Tiki: That was fun! We should play again sometime soon!
- Sharena: You got it, Tiki! Let's play again tomorrow. ...
- Alfonse: Sharena, I noticed you've been spending time with Tiki... How is she doing?
- Sharena: She is a very a sweet child, but... there is something...off about her. It makes me feel uneasy. She can seem distant, and then ready to fight if someone says the wrong thing... She could be dangerous.
- Alfonse: I heard her mention "others like her." It seems she expects to find these "others" after coming to this world. For now, she considers us her friends, but...if she finds the others she's looking for... I worry over what will become of her.
- Sharena: Hey, Princess Corrin! Great work out there in the battle today!
- Corrin: Ah, Princess Sharena... I haven't seen you venture out into these woods before... What brings you here?
- Sharena: Oh, I love this place! The atmosphere here is so...unique! Nothing like a nice shiver down the spine, right?
- Corrin: Um... Right... When I'm here, it's somehow easier to control myself... Like the blood in my veins move a bit slower... There must be some mysterious force at work in this land. Something like a dragon vein, perhaps...
- Sharena: Oh, right! I wanted to talk to you about your power... I wanted to make sure you aren't overdoing it. During today's battle, you looked like you were in pain...
- Corrin: ... Thank you for your concern, but I'm all right, Princess Sharena. If I feel worn out, you'll be first to know. I control this power of mine... Trust me.
- Sharena: All right! Just, please...don't push yourself too hard. If you need help, you can lean on us, anytime!
- Corrin: Thank you. And I'm sorry to worry you, Princess Sharena.
- Berkut: ...
- Berkut: ...Hm. Not here either. Oh, Rinea...
- Tiki: What are you doing? Are you...on a walk too?
- Berkut: A...manakete child? Tell me, child... Have you seen Rinea? She's a quiet young woman, with hair the color of deep water...
- Tiki: No, I don't think so. Were you...left behind by someone special to you too?
- Berkut: ...
- Tiki: I'm all alone too... There used to be many others like me, many friends, but everyone...they all left me.
- Berkut: I sense strength within you... Yet... Even as strong as you are, you are unable to live as you wish...
- Tiki: I thought that...I could find my friends in this world...and we could all be together again...
- Berkut: I see... Yes... I supposed here, there is always a chance... Even if Rinea is not here now, she may be summoned yet! Heh heh... Rinea! It will only be a little longer, my dear! Soon we will be together again!
Power's Den - B Edit
- Alfonse: I see... And in those gloomy woods of all places...
- Fjorm: Yes... I believe those in the woods have great power, the sort that befits a Hero. But they have been consumed by their own power... Lost themselves... and that which makes a Hero.
- Alfonse: Hm... That which makes a Hero... To be honest, even I am not sure I could tell you what it is that makes a Hero, or how one ought to behave... I believe Heroes should wield the power they have to fight for the benefit of all people—for peace. However, if that power is too great, too terrible, it seems they must fight for control of their own destiny.
- Fjorm: Such...terrible power...
- Alfonse: Their power is likely beyond their control. Despite that, though, their power is needed in this world. That is precisely the reason why Kiran is here. Perhaps they could use guidance from Kiran...
- Fjorm: ...
- Sharena: Alfonse, Princess Fjorm! We've got trouble! An enemy force is approaching!
- Alfonse: An ambush?! This is bad... Many of the Heroes are away from the castle right now...
- Fjorm: Prince Alfonse, Princess Sharena! Let me stall them. The two of you must go find Kiran...
- Sharena: But— Princess Fjorm, we can't just leave you behind!
- Tiki: You don't have to worry. The bad people... I will burn them... All of them.
- Fjorm: You— You're all here!
- Berkut: Hmph. No matter how many whelps they have gathered, they will be as nothing before my strength.
- Mareeta: Kill... All of them... Kill... KILL!
- Corrin: Please... Leave this to us... While I still have control...
- Tiki: We were asked to help... As a favor to Kiran...
- Mareeta: Die... DIE!
- Berkut: Kriemhild! Reduce them to ribbons!
- Sharena: A-amazing! They're dispatching the enemy force so fast!
- Alfonse: Let's join them! We can clear out the enemy in one fell swoop!
- Fjorm: So this...is the true extent of their power... The power they struggle against...over their very fates...
Special Conversations - A Edit
- Mareeta: I-I must...get hold of myself. Must take back control before...I lose myself completely. For Kiran... I must not...hurt those dear to me... No matter what...
- Tiki: What are you doing? Your face has gone all blue...
- Mareeta: D-don't... No! Stay back! Get out of here while you can!
- Tiki: Did you...have a bad dream?
- Mareeta: A bad...dream? Is this all...a dream? ... Kill... Must kill...
- Tiki: What? You must...kill? Bad people kill... Are you a bad person? I must punish bad people...
- Corrin: Stop—both of you!
- Tiki: Hm? ...Where'd she go?
- Corrin: Oh, Mareeta... Please... Keep hanging on.
- Corrin: Hm? ...Tiki? Wh-what's the matter? It's the middle of th—
- Tiki: Corrin... Are you...like me?
- Corrin: I... What do you mean?
- Tiki: I can feel a power in you that is like the power in me... Are we...the same? I've been looking for others like me... Are you one?
- Corrin: ... Well, it's true there is a power that lives inside me, but...I don't know its true nature.
- Tiki: That power...it's like mine. It feels like others I have known... You are like me, aren't you? Aren't we...the same?
- Corrin: I'm sorry, Tiki... I just... I don't know.
- Tiki: Then...the others...they're not here? I am...alone...
- Corrin: No, Tiki—wait! That power... I can feel it surging trhough you! Don't... Don't give in to it!
- Tiki: I hate...this world... The whole thing!
- Corrin: This is bad... She's too strong for me to control on my own!
- Tiki (Adult): Do not worry, Princess Corrin Please. Let me.
- Corrin: Y-you! You're—
- Corrin: I... What? You claim to know I fear my own power? What makes you so sure?!
- Berkut: I have seen you fight. You limit your own strength and only use the barest thread of its potential... Why do you hesitate? Why have any power at all if you refuse to wield it?
- Corrin: But I—
- Berkut: You fear losing control? Hmph. Strength does not come freely. And you wnat to use yours as you please...without cost? Hah!
- Corrin: I...want to use my power to protect my friends and family. If I lost control and hurt someone again...the cost would be too great to bear.
- Berkut: Then reject your strength. Cast it off Else you either hurt your precious friends or are too weak to save them.
- Corrin: How c—!
- Berkut: You are naive. You have no resolve. If you remain as you are, you destiny is only to die in battle, unable to protect anything...
- Corrin: ...
- Berkut: But you cannot cast off your strength. You may attempt to run from it—but running from truth will not change it.
- Corrin: Even if I flee this power...nothing... will change... But I... I...
- Anna: Oh! Hello, Prince Berkut.
- Berkut: Where is Kiran?
- Anna: I-is something the matter? Did something happen? I'll help you if I can, but Kiran... I believe Alfonse said he was leaving the castle grounds to go train with Kiran today... Can I do anything to help?
- Berkut: I need the summoner...to summon Rinea. The ability to summon is Kiran's alone, no? Are there others?!
- Anna: No! It's true that, to summon Heroes from other worlds, we depend on Kiran, but... which Hero is summoned cannot be chosen at will! Only Heroes who are connected to the kingdom of Askr can be brought here...
- Berkut: ...Gah!
- Anna: And on top of that... Even if Rinea were summoned here, it is likely to be a different Rinea from yours.
- Berkut: ...Worthless! We're done here.
- Anna: Hey, wait! Prince Berkut!
- Berkut: With the strength I was granted, I thought I could take all I desired... In truth, I...I lost everything. The empire, Rinea...the world I called home... Everything... EVERYTHING!
Power's Den - A Edit
- Sharena: Is everyone all right? I'm so glad you all showed up when you did!
- Fjorm: Yes. You saved us. Without you help, the situation would have grown dire.
- Berkut: Helping was not our goal. We wanted to exercise our strength.
- Tiki: I just came to punish...the defilers.
- Mareeta: Ah! M-my head...
- Fjorm: Mareeta! Are you all right?
- Mareeta: N-no... It's... I... Must kill...more...
- Fjorm: ...Well, regardless of your motivations, your collective power is what saved us here...so thank you. However, now that I have seen it on display...I know that you must not wield it recklessly.
- Mareeta: Even if...protecting...something important?
- Fjorm: W-well...
- Mareeta: Kill...or be killed...that...is the only choice that matters... Which...do you choose?
- Fjorm: I don—
- Corrin: Princess Fjorm... Stop there, before her power claims another victim...
- Fjorm: ...
- Corrin: While we were able to use our power to help you this time... We did not ask for these powers. And we cannot control them completely.
- Fjorm: ...
- Corrin: A time may come when our strength is turned against you... If that day ever comes, please...end our lives.
- Fjorm: N-no! We could never take up arms against our allies!
- Corrin: We are prepared. We, of all people, know what this power means. So, please promise us.
- Fjorm: ... You all... The reason you were brought to this world... It may be so you can be free of the power lurking within, so you can be free to walk your paths as Heroes. That is my hope for you...that you all will find your way forward... A place glowing within the light of happiness, with no more pain, no more misery...
Special Conversations - S Edit
- Corrin: Mareeta—wait!
- Mareeta: You...
- Corrin: Stop! At this rate, you will be completely consumed by that demon blade you wield!
- Mareeta: I'll...kill you!
- Corrin: Mareeta! I will not fight you! We were brought here to help extinguish the flames of war—not light more fires!
- Mareeta: Kill...everyone... ALL OF THEM!
- Corrin: If you kill everyone...what use will your strength be then? The power you carry...it can only lead to ruin!
- Mareeta: Shut up! Shut UP! Must...KILL! RrwaaaAAAGH!
- Corrin: Mareeta! Are you...with us?
- Mareeta: I-I am so very sorry, Princess Corrin. I've caused so much... I... I still can't escape the will of this accursed sword. I fear my heart is... too weak...
- Corrin: Mareeta, no, that's no—
- Mareeta: B-but I won't lose to it! Someday... somehow...I will win! I have to believe that.
- Corrin: Mareeta... You and I...we're not so different. We both must fight what lives inside us so we can make our own future... I believe we were both brought here for a reason... Let's work together to take back control of our destinies!
- Corrin: ...Tiki?!
- Tiki (Adult): Yes. This child and I share a name... and more. But right now I need your help, Corrin.
- Corrin: I'm with you!
- Tiki: Hm? What is— So light...and gentle...and warm...
- Tiki (Adult): Yes... That's right... Calm yourself. There is nothing to fear. Just breathe and listen to your heart...
- Tiki: Hngh... Ahhh...
- Corrin: I can feel that wild strength starting to wane... Good.
- Tiki (Adult): All right, now... Calm?
- Tiki: Mmm... Wh-who...are you? Are you... one of the others like me?
- Tiki (Adult): Yes, that's right. But I am not only like you...I am you.
- Tiki: *yawn* Can you...stroke my hair? Your hand...it's so warm... Just like... Ban-Ban's...
- Tiki (Adult): Tiki... You are in a dream right now. A very...very long dream. Long ago, I dreamt as you do. And like you, I also suffered through many nightmares during my long sleep...
- Corrin: ...
- Tiki: You...had dreams too?
- Tiki (Adult): Yes. But I was able to wake from them one day. Because of Ban-Ban's help...
- Tiki: I miss Ban-Ban...
- Tiki (Adult): Tiki... Here there are many people who care about you deeply. Alfonse, Sharena...and Corrin here... If you can reach out to them, you should be able to wake from your dream like I did. Using your own strength and their support...you, too, can escape your long nightmare.
- Tiki: But...if I wake up...what will I do? The world...is scary?
- Corrin: You'll be all right, Tiki—I'm here. And everyone else wants to play with you too, so you'll never be alone!
- Tiki: Really? Everyone...will play with me?
- Corrin: Yes. You have my word.
- Tiki (Adult): Thank you, Princess Corrin. Though you have your own destiny to face, I am sure of one thing... The bonds you share with your friends will lead you down the right path.
- Corrin: Thank you. I'll keep those words close to my heart.
- Tiki: Um, other Tiki... Will I see you again?
- Tiki (Adult): Yes. I'm sure you will. You and I... we have many, many days together ahead of us.
- Corrin: Prince Berkut...
- Berkut: Yes? Have you finally given up on running from what you are?
- Corrin: ...I thought about what you said. You are right that fearing my own strength will do nothing to control it. If I keep holding back, I may not be able to protect everyone I love... I think I need to face the power within me and take back my destiny.
- Berkut: Words come easy. The question is, do you have the resolve to enforce such words?
- Corrin: I will stake my life on it. My strength will be my own, and will use it to protect—or it will cease to exist. It's the only way I can make sure I never hurt anyone again...
- Berkut: Putting your life on it, hm? Then you must devote all your efforts to conquering yourself. If you cannot gain the control you seek, even after such effort...I will end you myself, if you so wish.
- Corrin: Right. I'm prepared for that. Whatever the outcome...I will not live in regret.
- Berkut: Hmph. We shall see.
- Corrin: ... There is so much I must protect... My siblings, who have given my so much love and support... Everyone in Askr who has accepted me... The are all precious to me. I can't believe it is by coincidence that I have this strength... There must be some purpose to it...some reason. I will find that reason, whatever it is. If this power consumes me, so be it... But refuse to let it take control! I... I'm stronger than it! My true strength is my own force of will—and I will use it to make a bright new future for everyone!
- ???: Prince...Berkut...
- Berkut: ... That voice... I know that voice...
- ???: Do not abandon hope... You...have not lost everything... There is still a future ahead of you. You have allies here, like you, who know the same sorrow, the same stinging pain...
- Berkut: Allies...of mine? I need no allies.
- ???: This world needs your strength, Prince Berkut... And for you...in this world...everything you desire...can be... ...
- Berkut: W-wait! You c—
- Berkut: '*gasp* This world needs my strength, does it? Me, who has never been needed by anyone or anything... Here? Duma's strength, the power to destroy that dwells within me...is needed in this world? Heh... Heh heh... Ah-hahahaHAH! I see! I understand now! This is hell! Then I must fight on until my very soul has been worn away to nothing! That suits me just fine... If this world needs my strength, take it! I will march to the edge of hell itself! I will fight to the very end...and leave my mark on this world so that none can deny the sort of man I truly am! Then...when at last I have been ground to dust by this world...in that moment of final release... Perhaps then I will have proven myself worthy of seeing Rinea once more...
Spanning Time Edit
- Maribelle: The enemy is scattering! Now's our chance to end this!
- Sully: Right—let's get in there and smash some heads already! CHARGE!
- Kjelle: Hold it! We'll handle things from here, Mother!
- Brady: Yeah. We'll make sure they get the treatment they so sorely need...
- Panne: And we're to stay back? Why? It'll be faster for all of us to finish them off together.
- Yarne: M-Mother... Cornered prey lashes out most violently! So, please... Let us take care of them... E-even if it is...distressing.
- Nowi: Huh?! No fair! I wanted to play some more too... I'm coming with!
- Nah: Mother...the battlefield isn't a playground, remember? You're supposed to stay focused!
- Kjelle: We survived the cruel world we were born into, so we're ready for whatever this battle has in store.
- Brady: Even if ya came along, Ma, you'd all just end up in the way.
- Maribelle: In...the...WAY?! How DARE you! How rude can you be? Honestly! ...You're sure you're MY son?
- Nah: If we don't go now, we'll miss our chance to hit the enemy before they regroup. Let's go—quickly.
- Kjelle: Mother, please fall back and secure the rear line. There are sure to be wounded in need of tending.
- Sully: H-hey, just hang on a minu— Oh... They're already gone.
- Nowi: Ugh! How borrrring! How come I get left out of all the fun?!
- Panne: ...
- Sharena: Will Brady and his friends be all right out there, Alfonse?
- Alfonse: Brady, Kjelle, and the rest hail from a different world... It seems they've come from their parents' future. But...even though they are parents and children, they're all Heroes here. I imagine it's all...difficult to process.
- Sharena: I guess that's true... But I still think it'd be better if they'd try working together a bit more...
Special Conversations - C Edit
- Alfonse: What's that? There's a violent dragon in the forest...and no one recognizes it?
- Anna: Yes. We've had multiple reports over the last few days. Fortunately, no one's been injured... yet. The fact is that this may be a manakete who stands against Askr.
- Alfonse: Understood, but...I must see for myself. It wouldn't be prudent to make a blind decision here.
- Yarne: H-hey, Princes Alfonse... Mind if I join you?
- Alfonse: Yes, I'd appreciate your company actually, Yarne. I hear taguel have amazing hearing—perfect for recon.
- Anna: Hm. And here I though you were the type who avoids conflict whenever possible, Yarne...
- Yarne: W-well, yes... I usually try to stay out of danger, generally, but there's something I, too, must see myself.
- Alfonse: Right, then. We'll figure out what's going on before anyone gets hurt. Once you're ready, let's head out.
- Brady: Hey, you! Got a sec?
- Fjorm: ...Huh? M-me? Um, yes. Can I help you?
- Brady: Yeah, been lookin' for ya. You're Princess Fjorm, yeah? From Nifl?
- Fjorm: Y-yes, that's me! Do you...need something from me?
- Brady: Yeah, I do. So lemme see, uh... How do I put this...
- Fjorm: I'm sorry! I'm not carrying any money on me right now!
- Brady: Wait—what?! Oh! Look, that ain't what's goin' on here! I'm not trying to rob you or nothin'!
- Fjorm: ...
- Brady: H-hey! You OK? Looks like your eyes are startin' to glaze over...
- Fjorm: Oh... It's...nothing.
- Brady: Sheesh... All right, look, there's somethin' I've been wantin' to say to ya for a while now...
- Fjorm: ...Oh, um! I just remembered have a training session I'm late for, so if you don't mind, I must go!
- Brady: Wait! H-hey, come back! ...Geez. It's like she wasn't even listenin'! Ugh... Why's this kinda thing always gotta happen to me?
- Kjelle: You want me to... lend you a suit of heavy armor?
- Yarne: Yeah. I borrowed a suit of training armor from you before, remember?
- Kjelle: Oh, I remember... You quit in a heartbeat because the armor was too heavy for you.
- Yarne: Well, I was pretty weak back then, I'll admit. But...I'm a lot stronger now, so I think I can handle it!
- Kjelle: Hmph. Whatever the case, you'll be more likely to survive through battle. That much is certain... ...Fine. I suppose I'll let you try one of my spare suits of heavy armor. It's called, uh..."Argent Lion Mail," but... Actually, never mind all that Just try it on.
- Yarne: Hm...with a name like that, it— Huh? It's not nearly as heavy as I expected! This might actually be doable for me! How about it, Kjelle? Can I borrow this armor for a while? I want to see how well I'm able to move around in it!
- Kjelle: Go right ahead. Just don't break it.
- Kjelle: ...Huh? You're returning the armor already? Was it too heavy for you? Or did you just not like it?
- Yarne: Neither, actually... It's just that...I realized I can't transform while I'm wearing it. I tried, but...my arms and legs just got jammed up and bent at weird angles! It wasn't good... Plus my fur got caught in the seams!
- Kjelle: I suppose we should have seen that coming...
- Yarne: I mean, I think I could fight in it if I didn't transform, but... then I'd lose my speed advantage!
- Kjelle: Hm. I guess you're just not cut out for heavy armor after all, huh?
- Kjelle: Everything seems ready. My gear is prepped, and my body feels light. Today's training'll yield good results!
- Sharena: You sure seem to be in good spirits today, Kjelle! Let's do our best out there on the field today, all right?
- Kjelle: Ah, Princess Sharena. We're being deployed together, are we? I hope I live up to your expectations.
- Sharena: Our training today is set to be held on a battlefield designed to resemble an abandoned village. There are six key bases spread around the village, and whoever controls the most wins!
- Kjelle: Hm. I'm used to sparring one-on-one but the battlefield is another story. I've been looking forward to this.
- Sharena: Me too! Now...let's get out there!
- Kjelle: Nngh...
- Sharena: ...elle! Hey, Kjelle!
- Kjelle: Ugh... Wh-where am I?
- Sharena: Thank goodness! You're come to!
- Kjelle: That's right... We were...in the middle of a mock training battle, and... And... then something happened... Oh! A knight in black armor came out of nowhwere and...took me out with a single blow...
- Sharena: Hm. Well, the mock battle is over. Our opponents captured all the bases we had secured...
- Kjelle: I was defeated... Without being any use whatsoever... Even though I've stayed up countless nights training... I was so confident...
- Sharena: D-don't worry, Kjelle! We'll get 'em next time, right?
- Kjelle: Mrrghh...
Spanning Time - C Edit
- Maribelle: How dare he say something like that? We're not in the way! I can't get over the rudeness! It's unacceptable! Just how was he raised, I wonder I'd like to have a few words with his mother...
- Sharena: It's, um, not really something to get upset about. I'm sure they had a reason for their behavior.
- Nowi: Do you think...Nah hates me? Oh no! Maybe the me from the future took away her snacks!
- Sully: That can't be it. Didn't Nah say she's been alone for as long as she can remember?
- Nowi: S-so, then...is she angry at me for leaving her...all alone? *sniff*
- Panne: Don't worry, Nowi. The you of the present is not responsible for the actions of your future self. Even so...I, too, have felt the distance between us and the children since they joined us in Askr.
- Sully: Agreed. The Kjelle I knew in Ylisse would never pass up the chance to spar with me. Yet...she's found plenty of Heroes to test her skills against. Makes me feel kinda lonely, actually...
- Nowi: I just wanna play with Nah more! Ugh! This is just borrrring...
- Sully: Uh-oh... Could it be that they're going through one of those, um...rebellious phases people talk about? I'm not sure I'm really for this level of parenting...
- Sharena: Err... No, I don't think that's it...
- Maribelle: I wonder...should we punish them now to correct such boorish behavior before it becomes a problem?
- Sharena: How about this! I'll talk to them and see if I can find out what's going on!
- Panne: Hmm... That does seem preferable to asking them ourselves.
- Maribelle: Perhaps so... We wouldn't want them pushing back any more than they are. Princess Sharena, would you mind?
- Sharena: No problem! Leave it to me!
- Nowi: I'll go with you! Let's goooo!
- Sully: Wait! Nowi! If you go, then the whole point of asking Princess Sharena would— Aaand they're already gone.
- Maribelle: Honestly, I can't imagine what has gotten into those children...
Special Conversations - B Edit
- Alfonse: Hmm... This is the area mentioned in the reports... Hear anything, Yarne?
- Yarne: Hang on. Stay quiet for a moment... ...Ah! I can hear trees being knocked down in the distance—that way!
- Alfonse: Right, let's go. Stay vigilant...
- Yarne: ...Hey! Over there! Something's kicking up a cloud of dust!
- Alfonse: Rrgh! And these tremors...whatever's doing all this must be massive! But... what does it want?!
- Yarne: I fear it's as I suspected... Have you seen that dragon before, Prince Alfonse?
- Alfonse: Hmm... Have I? Now that you mention it, the color of those scales and the shape of its snout do look familiar...
- Yarne: Hey, Nah! That's you, isn't it? They've been getting reptorts about you back at the castle, you know!
- Nah: ...Huh? Yarne? And...Prince Alfonse?! Wh-what are you two doing here?
- Yarne: We heard a huge dragon was running amok in the forest, and wanted to see what the situation was, but...
- Nah: O-oh...really? I made sure no one was nearby before I...well, "rank amok." If I was seen...I failed. This is...the greatest shame of my life.
- Alfonse: But, Nah...why were you rampaging through the forest to begin with?
- Nah: W-well, I was trying to practice using Fire-Lightning-Wind Breath...
- Alfonse: A fire, lightning...AND wind breath?! Nah, that's incredible!
- Yarne: Hm. Taht's not the whole truth, is it?
- Nah: Er... Well... I'm sorry, Prince Alfonse. It's just... sometimes I get the urge to transform and destroy stuff in my dragon form. I came out here to let loose so I could maintain my composure back at the castle.
- Alfonse: I see...
- Nah: I'm sorry. I guess I really am just one more immature manakete...
- Alfonse: I'm glad there wasn't an incident. Would you like to head back with us now? Commander Anna worries.
- Brady: ...Huh. Never knew flowers could grow in places like this. Look at this. Bloomin' away where nobody will even notice... Doin' your best even though no one'll ever appreciate ya...that's true grit, y'know? That's just... *sniff*
- Sharena: Oh! Hi, Brady! What are you doing all the way out here?
- Brady: Oh, Princess Sharena! Um...a whole lotta nothin', that's what.
- Sharena: Were you...talking to someone? I thought I heard you saying something over here...
- Brady: Nope. Not me. I've been out here by myself for a while now.
- Sharena: All right. If you say so... You, uh... You spend a lot of time alone, don't you, Brady? I hardly ever see you around the castle, now that I think about it...
- Brady: Yeah, I guess so. I just don't wanna get dragged into any trouble. Don't hafta worry 'bout that on my own.
- Sharena: Trouble? What do you mean? Is there somehing bothering you?
- Brady: Well, I mean, not at the moment. It's just...I don't go lookin' for trouble, but it's real good at findin' me. Just lookin' at me tells ya everything! I bet you're a little scared of me too, ain't ya? Don't feel like ya need to talk to me... I get it.
- Sharena: Hey! I'm talking to you because I wanted to!
- Brady: Well, I appreciate that and all, but... Nothin' good ever came of associatin' with me. That's just how it is.
- Sharena: B-Brady! Hey, don't go! ...Such a sad look in his eyes. I wish we could help him somehow...
- Brady: Ya wanna survive on the battlefield, huh? Why not learn the healin' arts, like I did?
- Yarne: Healing arts, eh? Hmm...
- Brady: They ain't JUST for helpin' others, y'know. You can tend to your own wounds too. Havin' 'em as part of your tool set will help keep ya from bitin' the dust as easy.
- Yarne: I see... That sounds... really nice, actually! Being able to heal others folks is nice--and I bet folks are pretty grateful! So, Brady, how long will it take me to learn the arts?
- Brady: Convinced already, are ya? Well, relax--it's easier than learnin' the violin. That's for sure. For you? I'd say a few years at best, and a few decades at worst.
- Yarne: D-decades?! Given the kinds of battles we get in, I'll be long dead by then!
- Brady: Look. Who says you gotta fight? Just hang back until ya get the hang of it. It's perfect for ya!
- Yarne: It sounds nice, don't get me wrong, but I need a solution I can use now!
- Nah: Kjelle... It's time to come out of your armor now... Even IF it calms you down, it cannot be good for you to be in there for so long.
- Yarne: You know she's right, Kjelle. And trust me--I know what it feels to want to run away and hide... But you can't live your whole life inside your armor.
- Kjelle: I'm not running away.
- Yarne: Princess Sharena told us everything. Is losing some mock battle really a reason to be so down in the dumps?
- Kjelle: Losing is fine. It happens. It's... how I lost that isn't. How could I lose to another knight so easily?
- Nah: "Victory is never guaranteed", as they say... I'm sure the next one will go better. You're a great knight, after all!
- Kjelle: It wasn't mere chance that I was beaten. I was thoroughly outmatched. Outclassed. The long days and nights I spent training instilled me with a certain confidence... But I had only my past self to measure my improvement against.
- Yarne: D-don't worry about it so much, Kjelle. I, for one, know how strong you are!
- Kjelle: Not strong enough... I must get stronger. I have to be strong enough to prevent the tragedy of our time from repeating itself.
- Nah: Kjelle...
- Kjelle: What can I do? What... am I missing?!
Spanning Time - B Edit
- Brady: I ain't so sure this plan was a good idea after all.
- Nah: Don't worry. It'll be fine.
- Yarne: Yeah... D-don't worry...
- Kjelle: We have to keep our mothers safe. We must protect them, no matter what happens.
- Brady: I hear ya, but... I may never forgive myself for tellin' Ma and them they'd get in our way.
- Nah: It was part of the plan, and it worked. If we hadn't told them off so strongly, they would have never fallen back.
- Kjelle: We must not allow tragedy to strike a second time-- and that's that. We have to get stronger, to protect our mothers from any danger that may rear it's head.
- Brady: You're right! This time, I'm gonna be the one doin' the protectin'.
- Yarne: I never had a chance to be a good son to Mother. That's why I want her to live a long life this time around.
- Nah: Even though Mother was a thousand years old, she was much too young to die. I want her to play around more, see more things... live a long, long life.
- Brady: Then, it's up to us! Let's change destiny, with our own two hands!
- Kjelle: Even if we have to die trying... this time, things will be different...
- Sharena: Did you hear all that?
- Nowi: Huh. So they just want to protect us? That's why they're trying to keep us away from the battlefield! How kind of them!
- Sharena: Family cares for family---that feeling doesn't change, no matter the world. But there's no need for anyone to sacrifice themselves! There has to be another way...
Special Conversations - A Edit
- Alfonse: Oh. hello, Nah. Do you...need something?
- Nah: Prince Alfonse... I wanted to apologize for the trouble I caused.
- Alfonse: What trouble? Oh, that? No need to worry! I explained the situation to everyone.
- Nah: But even so, I made people worry. I've decided that I will refrain from going into the forest from now on...
- Alfonse: Oh, Nah. You don't have to— Oh. She's already gone.
- Kjelle: Poor Nah...
- Alfonse: Being summoned to Askr, on top of everything else, must have only added to her stress...
- Kjelle: Well, she's the serious, hardworking type, so she always tries to hide any sort of vulnerability. In our world—in our time—she lived in a foster home after her parents died...but she was not treated kindly. So, as a result, she has a habit of avoiding actions that might displease others...
- Alfonse: I see... I'm sympathetic, of course... But we can't really allow her to just wreak havoc out there.
- Kjelle: But she can't be starting fights whenever she feels the urge to let off some steam...
- Alfonse: Hmm... Perhaps I'll present the issue to Kiran... We'll find a way to help Nah!
- Sharena: Hey, uh...Brady?
- Brady: Huh? Princess Sharena? Listen. I told ya not to worry 'bout me.
- Sharena: I'm sorry, but I can't do that! You're an important friend, Brady—whetever you like it or not! And since you're someone I care about, I'm going to worry, worry, and worry some more, got it?!
- Brady: Yeah...sure. But I warned ya!
- Sharena: So, what's the matter? Is it just that you worry what people think when they see your face?
- Brady: That's one way to put it, yeah... This is the face of a hardened criminal, ain't it? I mean, when I first met my own Ma after traveling from the future, she thought I was some sorta scoundrel!
- Sharena: W-Well... You're not really a scoundrel, right?
- Sharena: I may be young, but I AM a fine judge of character—trust me! Here, take a look at this, if you don't mind.
- Brady: A book...about Heroes? You write this?
- Sharena: Yes! It's a collection of character profiles on Heroes who arrive in Askr, as seen through my eyes. I'm even doing all the illustrations myself! Pretty neat, huh?
- Brady: This is...amazing! Ya really go into a lot of detail... W-wait... Is this...me?!
- Sharena: Of course! You're one of the latest additions! As you can see, I made sure to note that you're a kind Hero who's considerate to all of his friends!
- Brady: Hmph... That's— I'm tellin' ya, I ain't that kinda Hero! I don't deserve nearly as much praise as all that! But still...since ya went to the trouble...thanks.
- Sharena: Hm? What was that last bit?
- Brady: Huh? Nothin'! Er, I just remembered! there's somethin' I need to do. Right now. So, uh...see ya around!
- Sharena: Oh, Brady... Someday soon everyone will realize that your rough exterior hides a heart that is truly kind.
- Nah: So... you're terrified your kind will go extinct? In that case, you should learn how to survive any situation.
- Yarne: What do you mean? Are there... techniques I can learn?
- Nah: Well, all living things can get hugnry, right? And if they don't eat, they lose their strength and eventually die.
- Yarne: Yeah, I know that much.
- Nah: So, one technique is learning to find and secure food-- and willing to eat anything, regardless of tastes.
- Yarne: Makes sense. When you're desperate, you can't afford to be a picky eater.
- Nah: That's right! Now, with that being said... Here. Chew this.
- Yarne: Wh-What is this? Some gnarled-up root? I'm not sure I should put that in my mouth...
- Nah: It won't kill you! But not eating when you're hungry will. Don't be shy. Try a little bite.
- Yarne: I'm less shy and more... concerned for my digestion. But if you think I should try it, here goes nothing! Hrk! Oh, no... You don't actually call this food, do you?!
- Nah: Why wouldn't I? Ooh! Try chewing it up until it's a nice mash. That way, you can taste all the flavor notes!
- Yarne: How can you say that when there are no flavors?! It's just... mush! If this is what it takes to survive, maybe I'm just not cut out for this world... I don't think I can stomach it.
- Nah: *munch* It's pretty good once you get used to it... If your diet isn't balanced, the clock ticking down toward your extinction only goes faster...
- Yarne: How about this... I'll just avoid situations where I have to eat weird roots in the first place...
- Kjelle: I must... get stronger. I have to be strong enough to overcome even the most powerful Heroes here. But how? How can I close the gap?
- Brady: Oof... Man, everything hurts. Geez, that guy could've gone a little easier on me...
- Kjelle: Brady? What happened? You look... terrible!
- Brady: Oh, this? I was just trainin'. The guy said he was monk, but I'm not so sure... He beat me up, all with this smile on his smug mug.
- Kjelle: So, you lost...
- Brady: Yeah. But these are just growing pains, y'know? Gotta take a few lumps to get stronger sometimes.
- Kjelle: Growing pains, huh?
- Brady: Yeah, This place is full of Heroes who are legends in their world, Y'know-- and we're training with 'em! On the one hand, we're just rookie weaklings compared to them... But! Since we're as green as we are, we've got all this room to learn and grow and improve! Even if we don't have a hope of winnin', at least we can say we had a chance to spar with the greats!
- Kjelle: I understand what you're getting at. It's just that... the gap between our skill levels is so wide...
- Brady: You just can't see how we can ever cross that distance, eh? It's true that, even if ya fought one hundred battles, you'd probably end up losin' to 'em every single time... But the you who gets up after bein' beat all those times would be that much stronger.
- Kjelle: ... Muscles only get stronger if you work them... flex them. Even if I don't win... I can still learn, I can still grow... I lost sight of that. Hmph. To think you, of all people, would be the one to remind me of that. I have really gotten soft...
- Brady: What's that supposed to mean?! Sheesh. Ya try to be helpful...
- Kjelle: Hm. Growing pains... Whatever it takes--I will get stronger!
Spanning Time - A Edit
- Maribelle: Brady! Where are you?! You really made a mess of things this time!
- Brady: Yeesh! Ma?! I'd recognize that look anywhere...
- Panne: Yarne... Do you have something you need to tell us?
- Yarne: Yipe! Kjelle, I think they're onto us! Wh-what do we do?
- Kjelle: Curses! How could they--
- Nowi: Oh, that was me. I kinda... overheard you all talking, and, well...
- Nah: And then you told Maribelle about what we had planned, right?
- Sharena: Sorry! We didn't mean to eavesdrop...
- Sully: We're thankful you're so concerned over us, but... this isn't the way to go about things, Kjelle.
- Kjelle: ...
- Maribelle: For starters, we're not so fragile that you children need fear for our safety!
- Brady: How can ya be so sure, Ma? A war's on, and things happen in war, y'know!
- Yarne: I... we... don't want to let our mothers die--not again!
- Sharena: Yarne...
- Maribelle: I understand how you feel, but... Even if we were to survive, if you children died to protect us... that'd be no different than us dying! Either way, we'd be losing our future. None of us want that!
- Sully: What's the point of living if your child has to die? There's no way we can accept that.
- Nowi: It can't just be one way or the other... That would be terrible! It's like, if you're carrying a heavy pack--why not share the load if someone offers to help? You'll both have to carry something, but at least you won't be carrying it alone!
- Panne: Plus... to us, your lives are more important than our own.
- Yarne: M-mother!
- Sharena: There's nothing stronger or more precious than the ties between parent and child! That's why, if there's something worrying both sides, you should join together to overcome it!
- Kjelle: Mother... forgive me. We just...
- Sully: Don't worry, Kjelle. I'm proud to have a daughter who cares so much about her mother!
- Kjelle: Thank you... Mother...
- Nowi: Don't just struggle alone! There're tons of Heroes around here, so it'd be silly not to work together! Nah, you and I will be together for a long, long time still!
- Nah: Thank you... I'm tired of being alone. I'm happy if we can be together Mother... for as long as we can.
- Maribelle: Then it's decided! From this day forward, we're working together! And together, we will take control of our destinies!
- Brady: Heh, I'm no match for you, Ma... so I guess there's no use fightin' it! Let's do this together!
- Sharena: Phew... I was worried for a second there, but it looks like everything's all settled! Your bonds are sure to form a bridge that leads to a wonderful new future. I hope you stay this close forever!
- Maribelle: Actually, Princess Sharena, we're not quite done here... I have yet to properly scold Brady for his earlier audacity!
- Brady: Wait a sec-- only ME?!
Special Conversations - S Edit
- Nah: Hm-hmm... Hm-hmhmm... Hee!
- Brady: You're in good spirits today, eh, Nah? Find some candy or somethin'?
- Nah: Please...don't try to lump me in with my mother! ...Which isn't to say don't give me candy, if you've got some. ...You don't actually have any candy, do you? Hmph. Figures. Anyway! Since you asked, I'm in a good mood because I got to visit— get this—a flying castle! Kiran took me!
- Brady: Floatin' castle, huh? Yeah, I've heard there's one up there...
- Alfonse: *ahem* We call it the Aether Keep . So, Nah, I take it you were invited up by Kiran?
- Nah: Yes! There are some really strong Heroes up there, so I could totally get loose!
- Alfonse: Hmm... I can see why that'd be perfect for you. The folks up there don't mind a battle now and again!
- Nah: I know you had something to do with it, Prince Alfonse, so...thank you! Now I have no need to wreck the forest. Next time I need the work off some stress, I'll head to the Aether Keep with Kiran!
- Alfonse: I'm just happy to see a smile on your face, so I'll be sure to personally thank Kiran as well. While it is the Order of Heroes' mission to win battles and restore peace to Askr... I believe part of our duty is to ensure everyone in Askr has whatever they need to lead a happy life. With those small victories as our foundation, we can build momentum toward our ultimate victory: peace.
- Fjorm: Um, Brady? About the other day... I'm sorry I was so rude to you. A simply...misunderstood.
- Brady: Well, I hope ya didn't lose any sleep over it. I know I didn't.
- Fjorm: I know it's not as much of an apology as you deserve, but...as a start, could I treat you to some tea today?
- Brady: Oh, uh... I'll pass.
- Fjorm: O-oh, I see... So you are angry after all, then...
- Brady: Heh. That's not it! It's just...I'm no slouch when it comes to brewin' tea. So...what if it was my treat instead?
- Fjorm: Oh! I understand now. If you're sure you really want to...I'd love that.
- Brady: Right! Just leave it to me. I'm gonna whip up the best tea anyone's ever had around here!
- Fjorm: I can't wait! But, Brady...I do still have one question for you... Why did you stop me to talk the other day?
- Brady: Oh, I'd heard...about ya. About Nifl and Múspell, the war. How, even with your back against the wall, you... Ya never gave up. Ya kept fightin', tooth and nail, all for the sake of others... I just... *sniff* Ah, geez... I, uh... I just wanted to tell ya how moved I was by your story... That's all I wanted to say.
- Fjorm: Oh... I see... Well, now I know that, even though you may look...tough, you're a good person. And that's what matters! I should thank you for helping me learn this lesson. It seems I have more to learn from Sharena as well...
- Brady: Yeah, don't mention it. Happens all the time! Anyway, sit tight—I'm gonna go find us some good tea leaves!
- Sharena: I'm glad all that got cleared up. All's well that ends well, as they say! Though...I hope next time ends with me getting some tea too!
- Kjelle: So you haven't been able to figure out a way to avoid dying an early death yet, then?
- Yarne: Yeah... Nor for any lack of trying on the part of you all...
- Brady: I still think you should reconsider pickin' up the healin' arts...
- Nah: Tree roots really ARE delicious, you know...
- Yarne: Yeah, yeah-- I get it! Enough already! This whole mess got me thinking... There are many to avoid death. But I think the best method has got be sticking together with you all!
- Kjelle: Huh? That's your takeaway?
- Yarne: Yeah! No matter what weird request I've had, you've all been there for me when I needed your help. With friends like you, I don't need to feel so afraid about what's around every corner...
- Brady: Yeah, well, what're pals for, right?
- Nah: We're all different, but we're all still friends. And that bond of friendship is the strongest there is!
- Kjelle: Right. I think it goes without saying that we'd never leave a friend out to dry. We're in this together.
- Yarne: If I was alone, I probably would've gone extinct a long time ago. I have all of you to thank. But I've no doubt that, together, we can carve out a better future.
- Brady: Seems like that worked for your Ma, right?
- Nah: Hmm... Just like your body can starve if you go without food, your heart can starve without companions. So I suppose the best survival technique is, to put simply, to be with friends you trust.
- Kjelle: That's right. This armor isn't just for protecting my own skin. It's also for protecting my friends. Whatever happens, Yarne, don't ever hesitate to lean on us for support.
- Yarne: Thank you-- all of you. I feel... for the first time in a long time, like maybe I won't go extinct after all! As long as we're together, we'll make it through whatever obstacles come our way!
- Sharena: Nice work out there today, Kjelle! Today's mock battle was pretty close, huh? We almost won!
- Kjelle: You played no small part yourself, Princess Sharena. But thank you. This time, some demonic giant, who... carried a pumpkin...knocked me flying with his axe. The Order of Heroes sure attracts a wide variety of...unique members.
- Sharena: Well, I hope you're OK! I can call Brady over if you're injured.
- Kjelle: For these scratches? He'd just laugh. While I'm still not satisfied with my performance... My main goal isn't to win anymore—it's to grow. That's what makes even the losing battles worth it.
- Sharena: Kjelle... There's a speak in your eyes that wasn't there before. They're practically glowing!
- Nah: So they are! The positive outlook suits you, Kjelle.
- Yarne: Yeah! I like happy Kjelle!
- Kjelle: I'm sorry for worrying you all...
- Brady: So, ya really leaned into the idea that your power will only grow if ya use it, huh? Then, let us join ya, side by side! You're not the only one who's aimin' to get stronger, y'know.
- Kjelle: You're right... You all have just as much reason to get stronger as I do. And if we all use our power together, we can get much further than if we go it alone.
- Sharena: Yeah! We'll get them next time! If we all work together, we'll claim a victory in no time!
- Kjelle: Right! We may not win right away, but we'll get where we're headed if we just take it step-by-step.
Joining Forces Edit
- Edelgard: This is unexpected. How did we land ourselves in this predicament?
- Byleth: I'm just glad you three aren't hurt. Those soldiers seem dangerous, whoever they are.
- Dimitri: Agreed. They do not look like bandits, but they're not from any army that I could recognize.
- Edelgard: It's not only the enemies—even the landscape is alien. We don't seem to be in the forests of Garreg Mach.
- Byleth: An unfamiliar enemy in an unfamiliar forest. Just what is happening here, I wonder?
- Edelgard: Perhaps there are locals nearby who can apprise us of our situation. First, however...
- Dimitri: Yes. I had the same thought. Claude, where exactly are you going?
- Claude: Oh, you noticed! Your highnesses were so busy conferring, I thought I'd have enough time to make a strategic retreat.
- Dimitri: A "strategic retreat," hm? That has a familiar ring to it.
- Edelgard: Why am I not surprised? Claude, that is not an option here. We do not even know where we are.
- Claude: Fine, fine. But we're not going to find help by standing around here, waiting for someone to—
- Sharena: Hello, strangers! Did I overhear you say you needed help?
- Edelgard: ...You were saying, Claude?
- Dimitri: We were talking rather loudly, I suppose
- Claude: Well, how do you like that! The gods of fortune are smiling on us today. Wouldn't you agree, teach?
Special Conversations - C Edit
- Sharena: I'm curious about your world, Byleth. All this business about the "10 Elites" sounds fascinating! And I heard that you're a professor.
- Byleth: Yes, I am a professor, though I don't think that I'm a very good one.
- Sharena: Really? The students summoned here seem to positively adore you.
- Byleth: I'm glad. I'm proud of the progress they've made—though I'd credit it to their talents more than my teaching.
- Sharena: They told me that you're an excellent professor. Though thay also said you can be a bit eccentric at times.
- Byleth: My father raised me as a mercenary. We spent years living without roots, camping in fields and forests. So I won't deny being clueless when it comes to social norms. I can only imagine what the nobles think of me.
- Sharena: A mercenary becoming a professor... What an interesting path!
- Byleth: Yes. My path has gone in some unexpected directions. Now I have no idea what the future holds.
- Sharena: Your path brought you to me! Maybe you can teach me something.
- Byleth: I'm not sure what I have to teach you that you wouldn't already know.
- Sharena: Hm... Why don't teach me about the history of your homeland?
- Byleth: I can certainly try, Sharena. I expect it would take quite a few lessons.
- Claude: Hello there! I take it you were drawn here by the delicious smell? After I arrived in this world, I found some rare mushrooms, and I've been stewing them in that pot over there. I would advise against having a taste. We had this species of mushroom in my own world. If you eat them, all the color will drain from your face and your skin will start steaming. For three days and three nights you'll have a fever, nausea, and unbearable stomach pain. Why am I stewing those mushrooms, you ask? I'm boiling down the poison, of course! If we slip it into our enemies' food, we can cut down their numbers before the battle's even begun. The way I see it, losing a battle means losing your friends. I won't hesitate to use dirty tricks to avoid that outcome. And this won't kill anybody. I would just incapacitate them. So really, it's a way of avoiding bloodshed. This may come as a surprise, but I'm a cautious man. I always like to have a few extra arrows in my quiver. Now I just need to figure out how I'm going to slip this concoction into the enemy's food.
- Edelgard: Commander Anna, do you have a moment?
- Anna: Of course, Edelgard. What would you like to discuss?
- Edelgard: I noticed our enemy using an unusual formation in the most recent battle. I've written a short analysis of the unorthodox strategy. I thought you might like to read it and discuss.
- Anna: Thank you. I'm impressed that you took the initiative to write this on your own. ... This is impressive work. There's so much detail. Are you sure you're just a student?
- Edelgard: Yes. I attend the Officers Academy in Garreg Mach, where more than half of the students are nobles. Even at a young age, many of us are entrusted with leading our territories: taxing properly, subduing bandits... If we cannot effectively perform such duties, countless people will feel the consequences. Our education, therefore, is designed to make us capable leaders.
- Anna: That must be challenging. It sounds a bit like being in the military.
- Edelgard: Indeed. It is not so different.
- Alfonse: Prince Dimitri, have you yet grown accustomed to life here?
- Dimitri: I appreciate your consideration. In fact, thanks to you, the adjustment has been easy. I have only one issue... It's that, even if I had unlimited time, it would not be enough to learn about all the Heroes from other worlds.
- Alfonse: I feel the same. There is much we can learn from them.
- Dimitri: Ah, another issue comes to mind. Will you do something for me, Prince Alfonse?
- Alfonse: I will try. What is it you need, Prince?
- Dimitri: Know that you don't need to speak so politely to me. After all, in this world, I am not a prince. Here, I am but one of many leaders. I feel a little unsettled hearing you speak to me with such politeness.
- Alfonse: Of course. If you would feel more comfortable with less formality on my part, I will adjust accordingly. In that case, would you consider taking a more familiar attitude with me as well? I may be a prince of this country, but we are both members of the Order of Heroes. In that sense, we are equals.
- Dimitri: ... ...Understood. If that is your wish, then I am happy to oblige.
Joining Forces - C Edit
- Claude: ...OK. To summarize. You're saying you summoned us to this world as "Heroes".
- Dimitri: And the foes who attacked us were invaders from another world, not ours and not yours.
- Edelgard: This all sounds absurd. And yet, given this situation and these surroundings, I find myself believing this story.
- Sharena: We'll take care of the remaining soldiers here. You all can hurry along to the castle.
- Edelgard: The enemy does not seen interested in allowing us to escape so easily.
- Anna: I hear footsteps—a lot of footsteps. They're searching for us.
- Alfonse: I am not sure we can prevail against such numerous foes.
- Claude: It seems like we have no choice. I for one have no intention of decorating this world with my corpse.
- Dimitri: Agreed. Fortunately, we are armed. If we fight together, we can survive.
- Edelgard: It's a rare day that you two agree with one another. Let us fight our way out of this and return home!
- Anna: We didn't intend to put you all in danger right after summoning you. Are you sure you're up for the fight?
- Byleth: Don't worry about them. They may be young, but they're skilled soldiers. And of course, they won't be alone. Now let us fight as one!
Special Conversations - B Edit
- Sharena: Byleth, I've noticed that the look on your face changes significantly when you're in battle.
- Byleth: Does it? I wasn't aware.
- Sharena: Yes, it does. I don't quite know how to explain it, other than to say that, in battle, you look like a mercenary. Whereas most of the time, especially when you're with your students, you just look like a professor.
- Byleth: Thank you, Sharena. I appreciate the compliment.
- Sharena: You're...welcome? I didn't mean it as a compliment, per se. I was just making an observation.
- Byleth: But it is a compliment. Since I was very young, I've been told that I seem to lack emotion. It just wasn't in my nature to show what I was feeling. My father and some of the other mercenaries could see through my stony expression, but most people...
- Sharena: I can see through it! And right now your face is telling me that you're really, really hungry!
- Byleth: ...Are you hungry? We can have this conversation over a meal, perhaps.
- Sharena: Come on, professor! You're hungry. Am I right or am I right?
- Byleth: ...
- Sharena: Hey! Hold up!
- Claude: Remember that poison I made from the mushrooms? Someone snucks a taste while I wasn't looking. I got them to throw it up, so it all worked out OK, but Teach found out and gave me an earful. The scolding wasn't for making the poison. It was just for taking my eyes off of it while it was cooking. Teach usually lets me off the hook when it comes to my hijinks, but hurting an ally crosses the line. You know, in some ways, you and Teach are pretty similar. You're both tactically gifted, you're both caring leaders, and you're both completely inscrutable. What's going on with you anyhow, Kiran? Actually, don't answer that. I have a habit of prying, and I always feel a bit guilty about it afterward. It's just that, when I come across something mysterious, it's hard for me to suppress my curiosity. Maybe I shouldn't call you "something mysterious" right to your face. Sorry. Now I feel bad.
- Anna: You said that the Officers Academy you attend has students from three different regions learning together?
- Edelgard: Yes, that's right. Long ago, the three were united as one. Fódlan is now split into the Adrestian Empire, the Holy Kingdom of Faerghus, and the Leicester Alliance. I am from the Empire, Dimitri is from the Kingdom, and Claude is from the Alliance. We are the house leaders for our respective houses at the academy.
- Anna: I see. Relations among the territories must be warm, considering that you can all gather at one school, correct?
- Edelgard: Yes and no. For 300 years, since the Alliance split from the Kingdom, there has been relative peace. However, some are not content with the current state of affairs. I count myself among them.
- Anna: What a complex situation. On the surface, there is peace, but tensions simmer beneath.
- Edelgard: With people from so many places gathered together here, I imagine you encounter similar issues all the time.
- Anna: You're right! It seems your world and mine have something in common.
- Alfonse: The enemy is dug in on this position. That being said, the best entry point for our attack would be there.
- Dimitri: The fortress? If we attack from there, we would have a tactical advantage. However, in that case, the fighting could impact people in that town adjoining the fortress. We would be risking civilian lives to complete the objective. It is rational, but perhaps not moral.
- Alfonse: ... If we shirked this opportunity and let the enemy survive, we would risk many more lives. As the prince of this realm, it is my duty to protect as many of my people as I can. It is the rational choice. ... And yet...
- Dimitri: Alfonse, if I may... This decision need not be a binary. Why don't we consider alternative strategies?
- Alfonse: Excuse me?
- Dimitri: You need not rely strictly on yourself to make this decision. Others might be able to suggest different paths. I have assembled suggestions from others in your army. I asked everyone, from seasoned military minds to those who usually skip war council meetings. Drawing from their wisdom, I have devised a few plans of my own— of course, the final decision is yours.
- Alfonse: Dimitri...
- Dimitri: Whether in your country or my own, I cannot abide the spilling of innocent blood. No cause is great enough to merit such a cost.
Joining Forces - B Edit
- Byleth: The enemy seems to be cautious of the Order of Heroes. Many troops have been mobilized to search for us.
- Edelgard: I would suggest lying in wait for an opportunity to withdraw, but with those numbers, it will not be easy.
- Dimitri: Our only option might be to break through their ranks. How to do that, I'm not entirely sure...
- Byleth: We will use any means necessary to find a way forward.
- Dimitri: ...
- Edelgard: ...
- Claude: What? Why are you all staring at me?
- Edelgard: We know you well enough to know that you're concocting some scheme.
- Claude: What a funny way of asking for a favor. I was thinking about how to settle this peacefully. I have a plan. But for it to work, we're going to need some help from the prince and princess.
- Sharena: Of course! Whatever it is, you can count on me!
- Claude: Teach, you'll have to take the lead. I need a second to refine my strategy, and then you'll explain it to everyone.
- Anna: This is feeling less like a strategy meeting and more like being in a classroom.
- Dimitri: We are from the Officers Academy. Claude, Edelgard, and I are students, and this is our professor. So...
- Alfonse: That is why this feels so much like a lesson. It is one.
Special Conversations - A Edit
- Sharena: Byleth! I could use your help making sense of this strategy. It's a battle formation to counter enemy archers. You see, I just don't understand why...
- Byleth: ...
- Sharena: Is something wrong?
- Byleth: No, nothing wrong. It's just that you remind me of my students. When it comes to tactics, Commander Anna has more experience than I. Why don't you ask her? I wouldn't want her to feel as though I'm taking her place.
- Sharena: Huh?! Oh, don't be ridiculous! There's no need to worry about that. Commander Anna is my leader, but you're my professor. Those are two completely different roles!
- Byleth: ...Are they?
- Sharena: Of course. But if it really bothers you, I can talk to her instead.
- Byleth: I think that would be best.
- Sharena: If you don't teach me, then I hope you'll at least be my friend.
- Byleth: I though that we already were friends. Or allies, at least.
- Sharena: What?! Byleth, friends and allies are not the same thing!
- Byleth: If that's the case, I'm not sure I've ever truly had a friend.
- Sharena: ...What? That's so sad. I was not expecting you to say that. I'm not sure how to respond...
- Claude: Well, well. You're on patrol duty! I'm surprised to see you sticking your neck out, to be honest. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression you don't take to the battlefield. If you ask me, everyone has their own role to fulfill, and they should focus on that. That's what I do! Take a look at this. I was able to convert my mushroom poison into a powder! Now I won't need a grand scheme to mix it into the enemy's food. We can sprinkle it around in their camps. It's airborne, so by being in proximity, they'll inhale the poison! I just need to figure out a method of getting it to the enemy's camp... Hey! I see that smirk on your face! I'm not doing this for fun. I'm using my expertise to give us an advantage on the battlefield. OK, fine, I'm also doing this for fun. I enjoy experimenting with potions. But mostly I'm doing it so that we... ...Oof. Sorry, I suddenly have a nasty headache. And my stomach is feeling a little unsettled. I must have accidentally inhaled some of this mushroom powder! If you'll excuse me, I think I'm going to... Urgh...
- Anna: What do you think of this strategy? It should allow us to adjust on the fly according to battlefield conditions.
- Edelgard: Impressive. We can devise formations suited for a variety of terrains and situations.
- Anna: Let's agree to put it into practice before our next battle.
- Edelgard: Agreed. I think this strategy would serve us well.
- Anna: Now that that's been settled, I have to say, I still find it hard to believe you're just a student.
- Edelgard: My circumstances are much like those of Prince Alfonse. I am not just a student; I am also the heir to the Adrestian throne. Even before entering the academy, I diligently studied military strategy and the art of governance.
- Anna: Of course. I suppose I'm just not used to hearing someone your age speak like an experienced ruler.
- Edelgard: It's understandable. After all, the Adrestian empire doesn't exist here. In this world, I AM just a student.
- Anna: Not exactly—you're a Hero too!
- Alfonse: Thank you, Dimitri. Your strategy let us scrape by without needless losses.
- Dimitri: Yes. Well. Your own leadership is to thank for the victory. It was you who made the choice. I merely advised you.
- Alfonse: I kept going back and forth. I obsessed over the possibility that, by protecting a handful of innocents, I was endangering countless more. But my conscience would not let me accept the trade-off. I am ashamed that I dithered for so long.
- Dimitri: Alfonse... Permit me to say one thing. Ethical choices are ambiguous. Laws may flatten these ambiguities, but leaders should embrace them. At times, one must rely on logic to make a decision. But that does not mean ignoring what one's heart says. When faced with a difficult decision, you should struggle to find the truth, even at the risk of seeming indecisive. That is what I consider to be the role of a leader, at any rate.
- Alfonse: Struggling to find the right path... And sticking to it, no matter the criticism. That's the kind of leader I would like to be... ... The kind of king I hope to be.
- Dimitri: Hah. It seems the two of us are cut from the same cloth.
Joining Forces - A Edit
- Sharena: You did it! And you worked together like true Heroes! You clearly know how to cooperate with one another.
- Edelgard: That is an overstatement. We are in different houses, so we haven't had much chance to fight side-by-side.
- Claude: Each of us has our own burdens to bear back home. But I did enjoy working together for a change.
- Dimitri: If we did seems to coalesce well, all thanks are due to our professor.
- Sharena: Whatever the reason, I'm impressed by your teamwork! And a little bit envious, to be honest.
- Edelgard: You seem to have a good rapport with Kiran, though.
- Alfonse: Hmm...
- Claude: Getting students to work together isn't so different than getting Heroes to work together.
- Alfonse: Yes, I suppose you're right. Thanks to Kiran... We have been able to bring Heroes of all kinds, from many worlds, together into a cohesive fighting force.
- Dimitri: With our arrival, a few more have joined your ranks. I hope we will prove as useful as your other allies.
- Byleth: Now that we're here, we will fight with you until the end. We look forward to helping however we can.
Special Conversations - S Edit
- Sharena: Byleth! There you are!
- Byleth: Sharena. You're out of breath. What's going on?
- Sharena: I have something important to say. About you and me. You do have a friend—because you have me! And we are friends, Byleth.
- Byleth: ...
- Sharena: ...Well?
- Byleth: I appreciate that. After our previous conversation, I got to thinking... What are friends?
- Sharena: Friends are...friends. It's hard to explain.
- Byleth: Kindred spirits, brothers and sisters in arms, teachers and students... There are so many different kinds of relationships, but any of them can form the basis for a friendship. I realize that friendships are about having warm feelings for someone. And I do feel warmly toward you.
- Sharena: Exactly! I feel the same about you!
- Byleth: In that case, Sharena, I agree with what you said earlier. We're friends.
- Sharena: Good! I'm so glad we finally got that sorted out. Why don't we go have a meal together, friend?
- Claude: I really had it rough the other day. I know, I brought it on myself, but still... Nausea and headaches for three days and three nights. Steam emanating from my skin. Ouch. On the bright side, I certainly proved the poison's efficacy. I was completely incapacitated. Then again, I realized a major snag. The mushrooms are too rare for me to make a large quantities of the stuff. I'm sorry. I just wanted to give us an advantage in battle. Looks like I have to start from scratch on a new plan. Hey, why are you looking so glum? I guess you were really hoping that this plan would work. Don't worry. There's more where that came from! I have schemes for any given situation. Not to give you the wrong idea—I'm not calling into question your own strategic abilities. I just want to help. I didn't choose to be summoned here, but I've come to really enjoy fighting alongside you. Regarding matters of life and death, I don't leave anything to chance. I do whatever it takes to win. ...Oh, that's it! If there aren't enough raw materials, why don't I produce the raw materials myself? I'll do some research on cultivating mushrooms. And figure out some way to avoid inhaling the powder.
- Anna: What is that book you're reading?
- Edelgard: It's about the history of this world. I borrowed it from Prince Alfonse because I was curious to learn more. It's so different from Fódlan here. The structure of the country, the way your political system developed... It's so different that it perhaps won't apply much to my duties in Fódlan. But I have learned quite a lot.
- Anna: Every time I see you, you're stuying or you're training. Do you never tire of those activities? You must take breaks to enjoy a hobby of some kind.
- Edelgard: I take breaks, but only when I know that no one will see me.
- Anna: You only take breaks alone? Do you have a hobby you're trying to hide from people? No need to answer if you don't feel comfortable doing so.
- Edelgard: I do try to hide it from other people, but not because I'm doing anything out of the ordinary. Sometimes I like to just lie around and relax. When I'm alone, I feel that I can just be myself...
- Anna: Lying around... Hah!
- Edelgard: I know. It doesn't become me at all. I'm the heir to the throne—I don't want people to see me as lazy.
- Anna: I'm not saying it doesn't become you! In this world, you're just a student, right? You said it yourself. It's OK for a student to laze around every now and again. In fact, let's be lazy together.
- Edelgard: Wel, if you insist... Not for too long, though. I don't want anyone to see me.
- Alfonse: Dimitri. I notice a certain carelessness in your fighting. Carelessness as to your own survival, I mean.
- Dimitri: Is that really how it looks? I have always enjoyed fighting. On the battlefield, lance in hand, I am not troubled by my thoughts. It is how I was raised—I learned to wield a weapon before I learned how to write my own name.
- Alfonse: Even though you're a prince?
- Dimitri: No. It is because I am a prince. Houses carrying the bloodlines of the 10 Elites have always used their Crests to protect the Kingdom.
- Alfonse: Crests... Those are the powers passed down through certain bloodlines in Fódlan, yes?
- Dimitri: Correct. And as someone born with the Crest of the Kingdom's royal family, it is my duty to protect others.
- Alfonse: If that's the case, why do you fight with so little regard for your own life? Your life is not yours alone.
- Dimitri: You are right. My people cannot afford for me to die. My life was never mine to begin with. I haven't the right to throw it away.
- Alfonse: ...What?
- Dimitri: Oh... It's nothing. Thank you for your concern, Alfonse. You are too kind.
- Alfonse: I am not being kind. We are so similar, I feel that I just can't leave you be.
- Dimitri: ...I see. In that case, Alfonse, let us battle side by side and survive the fight together. For duty's sake.
Changing Winds Edit
- Hilda: What was it with those guys? They attacked us out of nowhere!
- Hubert: And on monastery grounds, no less. It's a wonder that the goddess didn't smite them outright. Heh.
- Mercedes: We seem to have been separated from the others. I hope that they're all right.
- Hilda: Speaking of which, where's Petra? She was right here, and now she's—
- Petra: My returning is complete. Are you having injuries?
- Mercedes: Oh, thank goodness you're safe, Petra! No, we all seem to have gotten off unscathed.
- Hilda: Um. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but some people are coming this way. They look suspicious.
- Petra: I will be capturing the suspicious people. The chances say that they are friends of our enemies!
- Hubert: I'm not so sure. If they wanted to attack us, they would have done so by now. Petra, stand down!
- Anna: Hey, ease up! We're not your enemy. We come peacefully.
- Alfonse: We are from another world, and we could use your help. We don't want to fight you.
- Mercedes: Oh my. Another world? I don't think I quite understand.
- Hubert: You're looking for recruits, and you turn to four students? Sounds like a trap to me.
- Sharena: They all look completely incredulous. This will take a while to explain...
Special Conversations - C Edit
- Alfonse: You're not like the others. They're all rather sociable, but you seem to keep to yourself.
- Hubert: True. Though it's not a matter of how sociable I am. My time is too precious to be wasted on idle chatter. I avoid pointless conversations.
- Alfonse: I don't mingle much either. I suspect you are more consistent in your self-isolation, however.
- Hubert: Heh. I talk to others occasionally. My nature is to make choice using my rational mind rather than letting my emotions guide me, as some do. But I am not so extreme as to shirk all conversation. Some conversation can be beneficial.
- Alfonse: I do not follow.
- Hubert: Some Conversations provide useful results. Knowledge, for example. I am extremely familiar with strategy. In most situations, I am more than capable of success. But in this world, I lack some critical information. Others might illuminate these blind spots for me.
- Alfonse: That is certainly true. Conversation can teach us what we do not know.
- Hubert: Yes. And in addition to providing knowledge, conversation can lead to useful alliances. I expected this conversation to be pointless, but I think it may have set the stage for a beneficial friendship.
- Alfonse: I think you may be right.
- Sharena: Wow, I am suddenly really hungry. Where is that delicious smell coming from? I think it's coming from the kitchen! Someone's baking in there. I'd wager I know exactly who it is...
- Mercedes: Hm? Oh! Hello, Sharena. Is something the matter?
- Sharena: Aha! I knew it was you, Mercedes! Nothing's the matter, ecept that smell is driving me crazy with hunger.
- Mercedes: Well, you're here just in time. I was putting the finishing touches on these treats. You're welcome to have one.
- Sharena: Really?! Thanks a bunch! Here goes... This is amazing, Mercedes! I've never had anything like it!
- Mercedes: Thank you! I was trying to recreate a recipe passed down in my father's house using ingredients from Askr. I'm really pleased that you enjoy it! Perhaps you can help me bake some more sometime soon?
- Sharena: Really?! But isn't this a super-secret recipe passed down through the generations?
- Mercedes: Oh, Sharena, that's an exaggeration. I never said it was super-secret.
- Hilda: Your timing couldn't be more perfect, Kiran. Commander Anna was asking for me. Would you be a dear and tell her that I can't make it? Let her know I'm dreadfully sorry, but my hands are full, so I can't help her with whatever she needs help with. What's with that look on your face? What, you don't believe me? I really am busy, you know. See? I'm making hairpins. Crafting acessories is a hobby of mine. I was looking at the women around here and thought they could use an extra splash of fashion. These are almost ready, but they're missing something. So I need to hunt down a couple more materials. ...What? That doesn't seem like a good excuse? It's not as though she needs me for something important! She probably just wants to train. She keeps inviting me to train with her, for some reason. Not my thing. I don't like working up a sweat. Plus, I don't have to worry about about grades here, so who cares? Tell you what. Why don't you just devise your own excuse to satisfy Commander Anna, OK? Thanks!
- Anna: I didn't expect to find you out here. Are you hunting?
- Petra: Yes. Hunting is a crucial thing. I am thinking it is the most important thing a person can be doing.
- Anna: The most important thing? I think that's a bit of an overstatement.
- Petra: I am not overly stating. The hunter can make use of the hide and bones to become tools. The hunter also gains learning of the bow and the knife, and understanding of the terrain.
- Anna: When you lay it out logically like that, I can hardly disagree. Maybe I should make hunting a standard part of the Order of Heroes training.
- Petra: This idea has greatness! I am admiring your excellent plan.
- Anna: You feel that strongly about it? In that case, I'll do what I can to implement it as soon as possible.
- Petra: Yes. Please inform me of the result. If you are not having enough people, I can offer you help. Leave it with me.
- Anna: Of course. You seem to be an adept hunter, so I'm sure the rest of us could learn something from you.
Changing Winds - C Edit
- Mercedes: Travelers from another world? I am not sure what to make of all this...
- Hilda: Me neither, but they seem to know about the professor, Claude, and the others. And they don't look like liars.
- Petra: I am thinking they are not enemies. I failed to capture understanding. Take my apologies.
- Hubert: Let's assume you're telling the truth. How do you intend to extricate us from this predicament?
- Alfonse: From what we can tell, there aren't too many of them. We can take them on while you all wait in safety.
- Sharena: Yeah! Just leave it to us. As Askr's Order of Heroes, we have fought many armies from other worlds and come out the victors!
- Petra: We have been fighting with these enemies. They have much strength.
- Mercedes: Yes. Though we are just students, perhaps we can help.
- Hilda: Hey, slow down! They said they could handle it without us. Why don't we sit this one out?
- Hubert: No. We must summon all the might we have to crush them, lest they survive to harm Lady Edelgard.
- Hilda: Ugh! It seems everyone has reached a consensus. Fine. I'll be supporting from the back.
- Anna: Really? Well, we certainly won't refuse your help if you're offering it. We heard that you are all excellent students, after all. Time to show us what you can do!
Special Conversations - B Edit
- Hubert: Heh.
- Alfonse: What's so amusing?
- Hubert: I am not used to being called a "Hero". It's too grandiose.
- Alfonse: Ah. I apologize if the label makes you uncomfortable. Everyine we summon is equal, and we call them all "Heroes". Whatever position you might have held in your own world, we are all comrades here.
- Hubert: "Comrades", you say. I prefer that title to "Heroes".
- Alfonse: What is it about the word "Heroes" that bothers you, if I may ask?
- Hubert: The word carries a different meaning in Fódlan.
- Alfonse: What does it mean in Fódlan?
- Hubert: It is an artifact of a bygone era. There were ten Elites in Fódlan who did battle against the goddess. In Fódlan, when we speak of "Heroes" we refer to these 10 Elites. The 10 Elites wielded technology far beyond human understanding. These are called the "Heroes' Relics".
- Alfonse: I see. So the Heroes' Relics are divine weapons of some kind?
- Hubert: Yes. Assuming the legends are true.
- Sharena: Hm. Mine keep turning out wrong. They don't hold a candle to yours, Mercedes.
- Mercedes: I'm sure you'll be able to make a delicious batch of treats if you just practice.
- Sharena: That may be true. Everything takes practice. But I feel like I'm a long way from mastery...
- Mercedes: Well, this recipe is more complicated than most. It's not as though my first batch was immaculate, after all. I spent a lot of time learning.
- Sharena: Really?!
- Mercedes: Yes. I told you before this recipe was passed down in my father's house. Before I was born, there was strife in the Empire, and he was killed. My mother and I lost our house and title. I didn't have any keepsakes of his. I had never even seen his face. All I had was this recipe he'd taught my mother. In past generations of his house, it had just been a sweet snack. But for me, it's much more than that. ...This story has been quite disjointed, hasn't it? Sorry about that. All I mean to say is, these treats are my only way of connecting to my father or the rest of my family.
- Sharena: I see. Are you sure you feel comfortable teaching me this recipe that holds so mush emotional value for you?
- Mercedes: Of course! This way you can make them as a treat for Alfonse and the others. I'm sure that would have made my father happy.
- Hilda: Hey there. How are you today? As for me, I'm feeling lousy. I'm clearly the weakest Hero around, but for some reason, Commander Anna keeps making me go into battle. Is this some kind of cruel joke that she's playing? Or is this her way to showing she cares? "If Hilda won't train with me, I have no choice but to make her learn the hard way!" It's unjust! I'm a delicate flower. I am not cut out for this life. Even calling me a "Hero" is a bit strong. Sure I want to help other people, but mostly I have to watch out for myself. I'm a fragile maiden and all that. And I haven't made any progress on those hairpins since we last spoke! Making accessories requires time and energy to focus. I can't do it when I'm fighting all the time. ...Sorry that I'm complaining so much, Kiran. You're way busier than I am, and you never complain. I kinda admire that. Not to say I'll stop complaining. Which reminds me. Can you talk to Commander Anna? Tell her to go easy on me. I'm falling apart here.
- Petra: I could not be of enough strength. I have regret...
- Anna: It's not your fault, Petra. Not at all. I didn't think this through enough. Who knew hunting could be so hard? It would have been easier to fight a wyvern rider.
- Petra: Hunting has that much difficulty?
- Anna: Yes. One has to approach a human target much differently than one does an animal target. Maybe I knew that intellectually, but I didn't really understand it until now.
- Petra: I have agreeance. When a soldier is seeing you, combat starts. When an animal is seeing you, hunting ends. In battle, you must be trying to hurt. In hunting, you must be trying not to hurt.
- Anna: Even knowing all that, when I'm in the moment, it is hard to resist my instincts as a soldier.
- Petra: You are having regret and I am also. But I am having hopefulness for next time!
- Anna: That's a good outlook. I shouldn't let one failure stop me from trying again! Also, the Heroes we brought along with us seemed to enjoy the exercise. Perhaps thing didn't turn out as we hoped, but it was a good challenge and a nice change of pace.
- Petra: Yes! Next time, we will be getting the prey and having a feast!
- Anna: A feast! That's an excellent idea. I'm sure that will encourage people to join us on our next hunt.
Changing Winds - B Edit
- Sharena: Is that...all of them?
- Petra: Signs of the enemy are gone! They have been defeated or fled.
- Hilda: Finally! I really need a rest. I was not expecting to put in that much effort.
- Alfonse: Thanks, everyone. With your help, we easily drove away the enemy.
- Mercedes: We should be thanking you. If not for your arrival, who knows what might have happened?
- Petra: I have this feeling as well. Your help for us...I will not be forgetting it.
- Hubert: Touching. Now, can we stop basking in our victory and return to the monastery?
- Hilda: Sounds good to me. I'm surprised they didn't send a search party when they noticed I was missing.
- Sharena: Well then, we'll head back to Askr!
- Petra: I am being thankful for your help. Can we be meeting again? I have a wish to return your favor!
- Mercedes: Should you ever find yourselves in Fódlan again, be sure to visit. I'll have some treats prepared for you.
- Alfonse: Thank you. As much as we appreciate your kindness, I am not sure we will ever return to this place.
- Anna: But perhaps we will meet again, should we require your help.
Special Conversations - A Edit
- Alfonse: If I understand correctly, the people in Fódlan dubbed "10 Elites" have long since disappeared.
- Hubert: Correct. Though some families are believed to be descendants of the 10 Elites. But they are redundant. When peoples from accross the ocean tried to invade, did they save Fódlan? No. The Empire crushed the enemy. And the Heroes' Relics are as useless as most of their owners.
- Alfonse: I see... You make no effort to hide your contempt, so I have to ask. Why do you so despise the 10 Elites and their descendants?
- Hubert: Ah, straight to the point. Good. You're right. I find the concept of Heroes odious, and their modern-day progeny to be worse than useless. Solely by dint of their lineage, corrupt nobles rule over territories without any consideration for their subjects. Furthermore, Lady Edelgard has had to walk a path of suffering due to this foolish worship of Elites and Relics.
- Alfonse: The latter reason seems to weigh more heavily on you. I have never seen you display such emotion.
- Sharena: Ugh! All this practice, and my treats are still turning out mediocre.
- Mercedes: I don't think that's true at all. Perhaps they weren't aesthetically perfect, but they were very tasty!
- Sharena: Yeah, I guess so...
- Mercedes: There's no rush, Sharena. You have plenty of time to learn and practice. You hust have to stick with it.
- Sharena: ...You know what, Mercedes? You're right! I can't get all depressed about it now. I just need to think about how to do better.
- Mercedes: That's the spirit! You've been putting in so much time, after all. It would be a waste to quit after all that effort. Plus, it's not as though this is entirely one-sided. I'm learning plenty from you as well.
- Sharena: What? You're learning something from me?
- Mercedes: Yes. When you set your mind on something, you don't give up. And you keep everyone in high spirits. Me included! Even after several days of nonstop fighting, you make me feel I can keep going. In most respects, I'm a somewhat passive person. I resign myself to my fate. But you're so positive, it's infectious. I think that's an incredible gift.
- Sharena: Incredible? That's such high praise, I'm almost getting embarrassed...
- Hilda: Hey. How are you? Good? Good. I'm still pretty exhausted. I found out Commander Anna wasn't just putting me through my paces. She actually needed my help. Most people in this situation would probably say something like, "I'll do my best to meet her expectations!" But not me. I'd rather not deal at all with everyone's expectations. I find it easier to avoid all responsibilities. What If I let everyone down. I'll have to look at all their disappointed faces. Just the thought depresses me. I know how people are. My brother is really strong, so everyone depends on him, but even he fails sometimes. When that happens, everyone has this expression like, "Why'd we ever think we could count on him!" It's awful! And here I am, with people loading more and more of their expectations onto me. I hate it! Yet no matter how many people count on you, you take it all in stride. How do you do that?
- Anna: Petra. You're a student of the Officers Academy, like the others, aren't you? I heard it's a place where nobles send their children. I wouldn't guess that hunting is part of the curriculum.
- Petra: Yes. That is a truth.
- Anna: A truth?
- Petra: The Officers Academy is in Fódlan. Fódlan is not my land of home. My land of home is Brigid, a land that floats...an island. West to Fódlan. Brigid has much greenness. The people are often hunting animals and catching for fish. Even the ruler.
- Anna: That sounds like a very self-sufficient society. Wait, did you say the ruler? Are you saying that you're...
- Petra: No, I am not ruling Brigid.
- Anna: I see. Some Heroes we summon turn out to be leaders in their own worlds, so I thought that might be the case.
- Petra: I am granddaughter to the king.
- Anna: Aha! So I was onto something there. You're royalty. Shouldn't I call you Princess Petra, then?
- Petra: No. Social rank has no matter at the academy. Please be calling me Petra.
Changing Winds - A Edit
- Hubert: Our reunion came far sooner than expected.
- Mercedes: Yes. This time, however, we are the visitors in your world. Who would have guessed?
- Alfonse: I apologize for summoning you here without warning. As it turns out, we could use your assistance.
- Anna: You probably know this, but we face extraordinary foes from other worlds. We need as many Heroes as possible.
- Hilda: "Heroes"? Um, look at us. I'm not sure we exactly qualify as Heroes.
- Petra: I have agreement. It is difficult to grab the situation. However, I have gladness. I can now be paying you back for your help. You can have my hope and strength!
- Hubert: I do not mind assisting you, but I do require more information. Who are we fighting against, and why to start. I can't defeat an enemy I do not understand.
- Hilda: I don't need the details. I don't even want to be here, but I know we kinda owe you after last time.
- Mercedes: I simply wonder how we might be able to help. We are only students, after all.
- Sharena: But that's exactly it! You're not just students. We saw with our very own eyes that you are true Heroes.
- Alfonse: I am looking forward to working with the four of you. We will be depending on your fortitude.
Special Conversations - S Edit
- Alfonse: And that's what happened. It's all rather tedious isn't it? Sharena can be so unreasonable.
- Hubert: Whatever you say. Something occurs to me, Alfonse. You said you avoid unnecessary conversation. But that has not stopped you from speaking to me.
- Alfonse: Hm. I suppose that's true. Perhaps, as you articulated, I don't see it as entirely unnecessary. Generally, I avoid forming emotional attachments with other Heroes. Your affect is based firmly in reason, and almost completely devoid of emotionality. There's little risk that I will become emotional around you. So I feel more comfortable in our discussions.
- Hubert: I see... You're speaking to me out of convenience. It's convenient not to worry about emotions.
- Alfonse: "Convenient" is the wrong word. I did not mean to offend...
- Hubert: I'm far from offended. It's rare for someone other than Lady Edelgard to take an interest in talking to me.
- Alfonse: Well, as far as I am concerned, that is their loss.
- Hubert: I doubt they are losing sleep over it. Heh.
- Mercedes: Life taugh me that, no matter how hard I tried, I could never really change anything. House Bartels treated my mother and brother so terribly, and I couldn't do anything about it...
- Sharena: Mercedes...
- Mercedes: I know it's no excuse. I can't excuse giving up right away, even when everyone is cheering me on.
- Sharena: Mercedes, listen! There are so many people who wanted to give up, but kept going, thanks to you. When you first taught me that recipe, I kept messing it up. I was ready to admit defeat. But look at me now! You encouraged me, and now I've made us a delicious batch of treats, if I do say so myself.
- Mercedes: Thank you, Sharena. And I agree. These really are delicious. I wonder why I'm being so open about my feelings. Maybe I just feel I can confide in you. Or maybe it's because you're buttering me up with baked goods! Probably a bit of both. Oh, I have an idea. Why don't we invite Alfonse and the others to a tea party so everyone can enjoy them?
- Sharena: That's a great idea! I need to get a little more practice in first, though. Think you can help?
- Mercedes: Of course! I'd be more than happy to.
- Hilda: I owe you an apology. I didn't mean to make you worry about me in our previous conversation. I'm OK. I need to stop getting worked up about others' expectations. I'll do what I can, and hopefully I'll be able to contribute. If I don't, I'll just do better next time. I think you might have helped me get a new perspective on failure. You're always so calm when you're doing your job. You don't fret about what other people expect from you. I thought I could try to do that in my own life. So thank you for leading by example, Kiran. The best part is, I'm not feeling so tired anymore! I even finished making some very cute accessories. I was wearing some recently and someone came up to ask where they could buy some. My accessories are really popular now! People are buying them faster than I can make them. What should I make next? Hmm... Oh! I almost forgot! Commander Anna asked for my help with something! ...Would you do me a huge favor and let her know I can't make it? Please?
- Petra: Our hunting had sucess! I am feeling amazement at the amount of prey.
- Anna: Agreed! It's quite an impressive haul.
- Petra: Yes, the teachings of hunting have been understood well. Everyone had greatness this time!
- Anna: You deserve most of the credit. You did an excellent job of tracking down the prey. All this meat will make for a grand feast, sure to fill the bellies of all in the Order of Heroes!
- Petra: The feast will be causing an increase in morale. I am thinking that morale has much importance.
- Anna: That's true. After our first hunt was a little rocky, morale did seem to drop. But this time, we triumphed, and we can reveal a little in the excitement!
- Petra: In Brigid, there is a phrase we say. A gray sky will be pierced by the sun. A raging tide will be leading to land. Beyond failure, success is waiting.
- Anna: What beautiful words. Your homeland sounds like a marvelous place.
- Petra: Yes! Someday, please allow me to be bringing you.
A Time to Shine Edit
- Sharena: ...And that's the tour of the castle! If you have any questions, just ask!
- Nagi: Thank you, Princess Sharena...
- Norne: I can hardly believe we were shown around the castle by the princess herself... I feel like I should apologize!
- Sharena: Not at all! We're counting on all you Heroes to help us, after all! Showing you around the castle is the least I can do!
- Sirius: If it is our purpose, I, for one, will focus all my effort on restoring peace to Askr.
- Sharena: Well, I'm happy to hear it! Now I have some other things to take care of, but I'll see you all later!
- Phina: ...
- Nagi: Is something...wrong, Phina?
- Phina: Hm? Oh, I'm just a bit in awe after seeing so many Heroes as we toured the castle halls!
- Norne: Same here! There were Heroes so famous, I already knew their names! ...And quite a few of them too!
- Phina: The Order of Heroes is made up of such extraordinary people... We'll have to try really hard to stand out!
- Nagi: Stand...out? Where must we stand?
- Phina: I mean we need to be useful, or we might be overlooked compared to all the great Heroes already here!
- Norne: B-but...what can we do to be useful when everyone here is already so willing and able?!
- Phina: If you ask me...we should focus on what's important: looking good! Good fashion sense will make us shine! If we can draw everyone's eyes, there's NO WAY we'll be overlooked!
- Sirius: We were called here to risk our lives on the battlefield. We have little time to worry about our appearance...
- Phina: Is that so, Sirius? Why the mask then? Is it not to look...FASHIONABLE?
- Sirius: ...No. This mask serves a much more consequential purpose.
- Phina: Sirius, didn't you say you want to lend Prince Marth your strength? If you never get deployed, you won't be able to help Prince Marth when he needs you the most, right?
- Sirius: ...
- Nagi: I...do not understand this...fashion. But...if it can deepen our bonds with others, so we might aid them...
- Phina: All right, then it's decided! Since we were all brought here together, let's all work together! And so...let Operation: Time to Shine begin! Let's all do our best to stand out so we're not overlooked!
- Norne: Hmm... I'm not so sure about this...
Special Conversations - C Edit
- Olivia: Hmm... I thought she said we'd meet around here, but...
- Fjorm: Oh! Olivia! What brings you here?
- Olivia: Oh, hello, Princess Fjorm... Phina asked me to meet her here, but...I haven't seen her.
- Fjorm: Oh, she did? Interesting. She invited me here as well... She said she needed my help...that she wanted to "try something out".
- Phina: Hello, you two! Sorry to keep you! I'm glad you both came.
- Olivia: What exactly did you want to try, Phina? You haven't said...
- Phina: Well, as you know...we dancers dance to rejuvenate our friends in body and spirit, right?
- Fjorm: Right... I often see Heroes who sing or dance assisting others on the battlefield.
- Phina: Exactly! So, that got me thinking... What if two dancers danced for each other? Do you think...they could dance forever?!
- Olivia: I've never heard of anyone trying such a thing before...
- Fjorm: But is that...possible?
- Phina: Only one way to know! And just think—this could change the very way the Order of Heroes does battle! It's revolutionary!
- Olivia: It does seem worth a try.
- Phina: OK! Then let's get to it!
- Norne: ...Hah! And aim...and... Yah! Whew... Well, I can tell I'm improving, certainly... Just wish I didn't have so far still to go! Next time I see Kris, I want it to be clear how much I've grown! There're just so many master archers in the Order of Heroes...it's rough to compare myself to them. Their weapons are superb, and they all handle them with such ease... Maybe if I trained a little closer to the rest of them, I might pick up some master-level techniques...
- ???: ...Why not become an apprentice?
- Norne: Huh?! Wh-Who was... Am I imagining voices?! I thought I heard someone...
- ???: It is not your imagination.
- Norne: Oh! I did hear something! But...no one's here... Could it have been a voice from heaven? A divine revelation?! Hmmm... I suppose I have nothing to lose asking to be taken on as a master archer's apprentice. If I want to keep improving, there's no reason not to! All right, then...here I go!
- ???: ... Wait... Come back... ... I... need your help...
- Sharena: So, Nagi...when you were awoken in your world, you...had no memories?
- Nagi: Yes... I remember nothing from before Prince Marth awakened me... Only...the name Nagi, and...that I am a servant of the Divine Dragon's will...
- Sharena: That sounds...horrible! I can't imagine forgetting about everyone and all the things you care about... If I couldn't remember my family or any of the Heroes... I'm getting sad just thinking about it!
- Nagi: ...
- Sharena: All right, Nagi—I've got it! I'm going to help you get your memories back!
- Nagi: ...Is that so?
- Sharena: That's right! Ans even if we can't get all the memories, I want to help you remember SOMEthing, at least... Who knows—maybe you were called to Askr for that very purpose!
- Nagi: To...remember? Thank you, Princess Sharena... You are...a kind soul.
- Sharena: It's no problem at all! Actually... I already have a pretty good idea! Meet me here again tomorrow. I have a Hero I want you to meet!
- Sirius: Let's end our training for the day there, Prince Alfonse.
- Alfonse: As you wish. Thank you for taking the time to train with me today.
- Sirius: Of course.
- Alfonse: ...
- Sirius: Is something... the matter? Can I be of service in some way? Beyond the training, that is...
- Alfonse: Could-- Please understand I mean no offense, of course, but... You seem very familiar to me... As if we've met before, somehow... And just now, training... your footwork and well-honed lance techniques... I believe I've seen them somewhere before... performed by another Hero. Would that... surprise you?
- Sirius: ... I suspect any similarities are merely commonalities, Prince Alfonse. And just your imagination beyond. Surely you've fought countless lancers who are, like me, mediocre...
- Alfonse: No... There is nothing mediocre about the way you fight. The way you carry yourself betrays a long history of fierce battle... That much I can tell. Even among the Heroes here, I'd be confounded trying to find more than a few who can fight like you...
- Sirius: Prince Alfonse, I assure you... I am a simple traveler. I fight only to protect others from grief... That is all I am. Nothing more. Now, if you will excuse me...
- Alfonse: He sure left in a hurry... ...It's not just the way he fights either! Even his voice... It's all so familiar... What's Sirius hiding under that mask anyway...
A Time to Shine - C Edit
- Phina: All right, everyone, are your accessories at the ready? Time for an inspection! Remember: We don't want just to stand out... People need to witness our sense for decorative attire!
- Norne: How do I look? I can't say I understand accessorizing all too well, but...
- Phina: Looks pretty good to me! Fashion essentials like that never go out of style. Inspection passed!
- Nagi: I...have this...
- Phina: Th-this seems...quite rare! ...Maybe? Definitely unique! I think people will like it either way. Inspection passed!
- Sirius: The purpose of this tactic escapes me, but...will this accessory suffice?
- Phina: Well, it certainly screams "Sirius"... I must admit that it IS a striking look, though, so...inspection passed! Last but not least: me! My accessory multiplies a girl's charm several times over! What do you think?
- Norne: How cute! It really does help you stand out too!
- Phina: With these, we should be able to catch Alfonse's eye—and those of the other Heroes too! Just wait! We're about to be the most dispatched crew in the castle! And that's how we'll be of the most use when it comes to creating peace in Askr!
- Nagi: I see... It must be my destiny...
- Sirius: Such optimism... I should like to learn to be so positive myself.
- Phina: All right... Now's the time! Let's put on those accessories and shine our brightest out there! Let everyone witness our mastery of both presence and appeal!
- Norne: Er, Phina... Hey, wait! ...Of course she'd run off like that. I know we want to help, but...I can't shake loose the feeling that there might be a better way...
Special Conversations - B Edit
- Phina: All right, Princess Fjorm... Time to get some lance training in! Let's start with... 100 attacks!
- Fjorm: H-How many?! I'll do my best...
- Fjorm: Hup—99! Yah—100! ...Phew! Training complete, Phina!
- Phina: Then it's my turn! Time for a little dance... Here we go! Feel the energy... Let the flow of my steps give you strength...
- Fjorm: My goodness! I can feel strength returning to my aching muscles! I think I can train even more!
- Phina: ...Whew! Now, Olivia...you show ME your dance! Then I'll feel revitalized, and we can keep on dancing!
- Olivia: Good idea, Phina! Er, umm...don't watch too closely! Uh— H-huh?! Something's off... I...can't seem to find my rhythm!
- Phina: Wh-what's going on, Olivia? I'm so tired... Now's no time to be shy...
- Olivia: I-I'm trying, Phina! I just can't seem to dance for you right now... I don't understand it either!
- Fjorm: Please try not to overexert yourself, Olivia... I'm sure there is some reasonable explanation.
- Phina: I don't get it... Olivia's normally an amazing dancer. What could possibly be holding her back now?
- Gordin: ...Huh?! You want ME to teach you bow skills?
- Norne: Yes! You're a skilled archer! I've thought so ever since Altea. So...would you mind teaching me? Please?
- Gordin: Hmm... I dunno... Honestly, I'm still learning myself. I don't think I'm ready to teach anyone... ...Oh, I know! You could try asking my mentor, Jeorge!
- Norne: Oh, right! Isn't he famous for being the best shot in Archanea?
- Gordin: I'll tell you this: training with him was no walk in the woods, but...I sure learned a whole lot!
- Norne: Then he must surely be a great teacher! I'll go ask him if I can be his apprentice right away! Thanks!
- Norne: Uhh... It didn't go so well...
- Gordin: Th-that was fast!
- Norne: Jeorge said he doesn't just take on apprentices... You were a special case, I guess, Gordin.
- Gordin: O-oh... Sorry...
- Norne: Don't you worry! One little root in my path isn't enough to trip me up! I WAS sent a divine revelation, so I figure it's only matter of time. I'll just go ask someone else! Thanks, Gordin!
- Gordin: ...A divine revelation? Wonder what that's all about...
- Nagi: Princess Sharena... You asked me to meet you...
- Sharena: Yes! So you could meet...these people here!
- Deirdre: Pleasure to meet you... My name is Deirdre. I, too, once lost my memory
- Robin: I'm Robin. I'm a tactician with Chrom's group, the Shepherds. Maybe I was something else once, but...I can't remember anything from before I met Chrom!
- Morgan: And I'm Morgan, son of Robin, the legendary tactician! Used to be all I could remember was my own name and my mother's name... Strange, right?
- Robin: Morgan... Could you please not refer to me as a legendary tactican in front of people?
- Morgan: Aw! Why not? Everyone always said you were the best tactician in the world! Plus it sounds so cool...
- Sharena: ...Right! So, Nagi, as you can see, there ARE others just like you in the Order of Heroes already!
- Nagi: How curious...for there to be so many in one place...
- Sharena: Anyway, I thought you could help each other get your memories back!
- Morgan: Amnesiac Heroes, unite! Heh.
- Robin: Princess Sharena already filled us in on the basics. I was thinking that, if we just talk to each other, perhaps we can pinpoint the root of our memory loss... And if we can do that, maybe we can regain our memories completely!
- Deirdre: Speaking for myself, I am uncertain whether regaining my memory will bring me joy or pain... Yet, if among my lost memories there waits something I once held precious...it will be worth it.
- Nagi: I understand...and feel as you do...
- Sharena: ...So, any progress? You've been talking for about a half day now...
- Robin: I'm sorry... I still can't remember anything from...before.
- Deirdre: I feel as though a thick fog has settled over my memories...
- Morgan: I'm sorry, Nagi! I guess we weren't much help to you after all...
- Nagi: No, thank you all... Your kindness alone...is enough. Each of you bears a strange destiny... and you have been brought here for some purpose... Do you feel it? In this world...your destiny can be reshaped... If you believe in yourself...and your friends... Someday...
- Robin: Nagi... Thank you for giving us hope.
- Morgan: Wow! We came to help you, but...you turned it around on us!
- Sharena: Well, I'm glad this experiment had a happy ending, but...no memories still... There must be another way!
- Alfonse: Excuse me, Sirius... I'm sorry to pry, but... Why do you wear that mask? Apologies for being so direct...
- Sirius: ...
- Alfonse: I ask as a comrade in arms...
- Sirius: ... Fate...can be cruel. The man under this mask was... stubborn, only realizing what he valued when it was too late...
- Alfonse: ...
- Sirius: So, to challenge fate's cruelty... he wears a mask.
- Alfonse: I see... So, you wear the mask to create a new fate...
- Sirius: I suspect the story is not unique among the Heroes summoned here. Others may choose heavy armor or legendary blades over a mask, but...we all seek to change fate.
- Alfonse: Thank you, Sirius. I think I understand the reason you wear a mask a little better now. You want not to run from fate but to face it and remake it—and for that, the mask is necessary.
- Sirius: I know it is...improper, but this mask frees me to do as I must, to pursue that which is important to me. ...So I may create some peace for myself in a world shaped by fate's cruel turnings.
A Time to Shine - B Edit
- Phina: Hmm... Operation: Time to Shine isn't going as well as I hoped... How's it going on your end, Norne?
- Norne: I haven't noticed any particular benefits yet, but, uhh... Oh! But I gave Princess Sharena an accessory, and I've seen her wearing it around the castle! So, I think she's enjoying her accessory, but...that might be all, benefit-wise.
- Phina: Hm. Could mean anything... We'll just have to keep trying and see if we can notive any CLEAR benefits! Sirius already has a mask... Maybe he could show up places and put on some kind of dramatic performance? "The Great Sirius, masked wanderer and knight who fight for true love!" ...Something like that—but better?
- Sirius: ... Never.
- Phina: Hmph! Fine... But it would've DEFINITELY gotten us some attention... That much I know! What about...Nagi! Maybe some makeup to really highlight her otherworldly style? And we can lean into the fact she lost her memories to bring her tragic past to the forefront!
- Nagi: ...Tragic...past?
- Norne: ... Ah, er, Phina? I think...we may not need to work so hard to stand out.
- Phina: Huh? Why not? If you don't work hard, you won't stand out, and then you won't get any chance to shine!
- Norne: This is just me talking, but...I've started thinking of the Order of Heroes a bit like a grand castle... The famous and active Heroes are outer walls, protecting...but also being all that anyone ever sees... BUT if ya don't have a solid foundation, the castle won't stay standing too long... No one ever really sees the foundation, and maybe no one even ever comments... But for me, being that foundation is just fine. I just want to help. Doesn't much matter how.
- Phina: ...
- Sirius: Although it brings no fame, I must agree, the foundation's role is one of absolute necessity.
- Phina: You just want to...help? You don't even care if you get recognition? ...Huh.
Special Conversations - A Edit
- Olivia: I don't understand... Why can't I dance in front of Phina?
- Fjorm: You really didn't seem yourself out there, to be truthful...
- Olivia: It was a dance I perform all the time! And yet...
- Phina: Heya! Sorry I'm late! Now, let's get started on our training—same as last time, all right? One difference is...this time I brought a backup dancer!
- Silvia: I heard about your last session and couldn't stay away! Can't let you have ALL the fun, now can I?
- Olivia: I-I'm glad you came along, Miss Silvia!
- Silvia: Please, just call me Silvia. We're friends, right? ...Anyway, let's get started already!
- Fjorm: I suppose...I must perform the 100 lance attacks again?
- Phina: Would you, please? I'm sorry for asking so much of you... And then afterward, Olivia can dance for you!
- Silvia: Then, once Olivia is done, I'll dance for her, and she'll be rejuvenated again, right?
- Phina: Right! So...here we go!
- Fjorm: Wah—99! Hyah—100! ...Phew! OK... Olivia, if you wouldn't mind...
- Olivia: Y-you go it! Feel the soothing energy in my movements, Princess Fjorm...
- Fjorm: ...Oh wow! Thank you so much, Olivia. My strength has returned!
- Silvia: All right, next up...it's me, Silvia, blossom of the battlefield! E-enjoy this...dance... Er... Wh-what's going on? Why can't I...dance?! All the steps feel wrong!
- Phina: Oh no! You too, Silvia? J-just what exactly is going on around here?!
- Norne: *sigh* Yet another apprenticeship rejection... Worst of it is, everyone has good reason why they can't train me... The prince of Frelia, the prince of Hoshido... There are so many master archers here, surely one could... Maybe if I ran around and asked each one? But...I'm scared that they'll just give me the cold shoulder... Hmm... Even WITH that revelation, no good opportunity has presented itself yet...
- Virion: Is something the matter, milady?
- Norne: Oh! You're, umm...Virion, right?
- Virion: I am indeed! The Order of Heroes' most dignified bow handler, Virion, at your service! Now, if I overheard correctly, you are seeking a master of archery, are you not?
- Norne: I am, yes!
- Virion: Well, then, allow me to offer to teach you the most elegant approach to the basics you're ever likely to ever encounter. No need to thank me! I simply cannot bear seeing a lady like yourself in trouble. And between training sessions, we could, perhaps, find some time for tea as well, hm?
- Norne: Ah, well... I mean, that's an extremely generous offer, but... Well, elegance isn't exactly my... thing, so...sorry!
- Virion: Ah! ...Hey, wait! What do you mean elegance isn't your thing? I'm not clear what you mean! ...Come back!
- Norne: *sigh* This apprenticeship search is not going as well as I'd hoped... ... I guess if I'm meant to be an average girl from an average village, so be it... Maybe...this is as strong as I get. Training to be as good as Jeorge and Gordin, even if it's to help the rest of the Order...might be beyond me...
- ???: Don't give up...
- Norne: *GASP* Th-that voice! It's the same heavenly voice I heard the other day! Is this...another revelation?!
- Sharena: So, I've been thinking, Nagi... Maybe one of the Heroes from Archanea know about your past, being from the same place... If you can't remember, maybe someone else can!
- Nagi: Perhaps...
- Sharena: You just wait here, and I'll go ask around!
- Sharena: ...Bad news. I asked around, and no one seems to know anything about you... No one!
- Nagi: I see... As expected...
- Sharena: Someone thought maybe you came to Archanea from some other world, but that was just their wild guess... The mystery felt like it kept growing and growing, but I didn't let that stop me! For you see... I found another Manakete from Archanea within these walls: Tiki!
- Tiki: I'm here to help!
- Nagi: You are...the princess...heir of the Divine Dragon Naga... Within me stirs the Divine Dragon's will...compelling me to lend aid to the one who walks in light's path... You, Tiki, are like me... Perhaps the most like me...
- Sharena: Tiki, you've lived for thousands of years, right? If you've been alive that long... I was wondering if maybe you two had met before, but...
- Tiki: But I don't remember meeting you, Nagi. Or hearing about you... Nor do I remember seeing you in my dreams, during my long slumber.
- Nagi: ...
- Tiki: I'm sorry... I just can't remember anything about you...
- Sharena: If that's true, then...maybe you really are from another world—er, than the world where you awoke, in Archanea.
- Tiki: B-but it is odd... When I look at you—though I know we never met before—I recognize you... How is that? Why do you feel so familiar, like you are not a stranger to me?
- Nagi: I do not know...but I feel the same looking at you... A gentle warmth... Yes... We share a bond, that is certain... Yet, the nature of that bond... still escapes me...
- Sharena: Hmm... Well, time for a new plan! It'd sure be nice if there were some key that would unlock her memory...
- Alfonse: Sirius... I want to tell you something about my past... A friend I hold dear once donned a mask... And then they met me on the field as my enemy...
- Sirius: I see... I had assumed you asked about my mask out of curiosity. It seems I misjudged your intent.
- Alfonse: I want to understand...why my friend needs their mask...
- Sirius: Well, without knowing the details, it is difficult to say... But in order to raise his sword against you, he may have needed the mask. To point our blade at a friend is... painful. Perhaps they wore the mask to hide that pain...
- Alfonse: Someday, I hope...he will no longer need that mask...
- Sirius: Only he can know when, or if, that day will come...
- Alfonse: Will you...ever remove your mask?
- Sirius: I cannot say—not until I have done what I must. Until then, we can both only wait...
- Alfonse: ...
A Time to Shine - A Edit
- Phina: I'm sorry, everyone. I messed up!
- Norne: Oh, don't worry, Phina...
- Phina: I realized that whether you stand out has more to do with what's on the inside than what's on the outside. I feel awful about dragging you all along on my silly attempt at getting recognition... I'm sorry.
- Sirius: I learned long ago that to fight for glory is folly. If I can protect those dear to me, that is enough. As long as they are well, there is no need to stand out.
- Phina: You're right. And having seen how you conduct yourself, Sirius...I think I understand what you mean.
- Sirius: That said...being unable to afford to give your loved on a single gift is no point of pride for a knight... So I actually...tried crafting my own variation on a proper accessory, but, well... What do you think?
- Phina: Sirius! A...SECOND accessory?!
- Norne: I-it's actually quite dashing!
- Nagi: I, too, have one more accessory...
- Phina: Oh, wow! I didn't expect that... It's beautiful, though, Nagi!
- Nagi: I am not sure I understand their purpose... But I enjoyed making them. I may not have had any memories before... But now I have one...and it is a good one. Thank you...for including me...
- Norne: Since everyone else did too, I guess I'll admit I also...made another accessory. I like to look good too, y'know!
- Phina: You...all...have AMAZING FASHION SENSE! I-it's incredible!
- Norne: ...Phina, you wanted to be deployed because you wanted to do whatever ya could to help everyone out. We could all sense that was your true motivation.
- Phina: R-right! Definitely NOT because I want to be in a position to spend time with Navarre on the battlefield!
- Sirius: Why— Are you...blushing?
- Nagi: Phina... From here on, let us continue to work together...
- Sirius: Even if success eludes us at first, we needn't panic, only keep moving forward. That is what is important. If you never stop moving forward... someday, you will surely shine amongst the brightest of Heroes.
- Phina: You're right... And as long as I'm with you all, I know I'll make it in this...or in any world! Whatever role this world has in store for me, I'm ready to play it as best I can! That's a promise!
Special Conversations - S Edit
- Anna: According to legend...long, long ago, there were two goddesses who both walked upon this world. The two goddesses began an endless cycle of rejuvenation, dancing with each other and for each other. ...Just as you are trying to do now.
- Phina: ...
- Anna: The cycle of rejuvenation continued for 100 years without the goddesses ever missing a step. Then, on the morning of the 101st year, they both expired at once.
- Olivia: Oh-oh my!
- Anna: So, the story goes, that is why, in this world, dancers can't invigorate each other...
- Phina: I can't believe it... And here I thought I'd come up with a revolutionary new way to do battle... Ugh!
- Olivia: B-but...dancers can still train and practice dancing together...right?
- Silvia: Why don't we give it a try! C'mon, Phina! And...step, step, turn!
- Phina: ...Step, step, turn! ...Hey, it's true! If we just practice together, our bodies behave normally! Unfortunately, that means my little project has to come to an end...
- Fjorm: I-I'm sorry it didn't work out, Phina. I thought it was a good idea too... Don't beat yourself up about it. And remember that the Order of Heroes relies on you dancers nevertheless!
- Silvia: It's true! If some cruel fate befell the beloved Silvia, Heroes the world over would surely weep!
- Anna: Right! When the situation gets dire, we turn to dancers to help us return to full strength quickly! So take care of yourselves and treat yourselves well—we need you!
- Phina: Heh. Then leave it to us! Now we all know each other thanks to this, AND we learned we can practice together! Dance training begins now... Let's hone our skills until they shine!
- Norne: That hevenly voice... I'm SURE I heard it this time!
- ???: If you're looking for me, up is the wrong direction... Look down. Behind you.
- Norne: Huh?! It's coming from... Ah! Th-there's a hole! And...oh! Are you stuck in there? C'mon! I'll help you out! Rrrrrr-UGH! ...Phew! We did it!
- Setsuna: I'm saved... Thank you...
- Norne: Y-you sure surprised me! Not only was the hole unexpected, I never imagined someone would be IN it... You're Setsuna...right? So was it YOUR heavenly voice I heard the other day?
- Setsuna: Heavenly...voice? Me? Well, I was the one who called out to you... I had fallen in a hole, you see... But someone eventually stopped to help me get out. ...And that's when I fell into this hole.
- Norne: Oh... Well, I guess it wasn't really a divine revelation I heard, then...
- Setsuna: It's just...you sounded sad, so... ... You're Norne, right? Well...I think you should give up trying to be like other people, Norne...
- Norne: Wh-what?! I mean...I know I'm only an average villager, and my weapon isn't really anything special... But I still want people to be able to rely on me even so!
- Setsuna: Do you think you need to become a great archer for others to rely on you?
- Norne: ...Huh. Well, I, uhh...
- Setsuna: If your goal is to be useful...why not just offer the kind of support that comes naturally to you?
- Norne: In a way that comes naturally, huh...
- Setsuna: Even if you aren't the greatest archer ever, there are plenty of other ways to be helpful... Like encouraging others and preparing delicious meals... In those situation, it doesn't matter whether you were born a noble or a commoner...
- Norne: ... I was so focused on improving with the bow... I guess I lost sight of what I really wanted... But you're right...it's not like my goal was to become the best archer... The entire reason I picked up the bow in the first place...was to be of some use to others...
- Setsuna: If that's your goal, there are ways to do so outside of using your bow... And if you know your goal, a little patience might help you achieve it... As long as you don't quit...you'll reach your goal someday... Probably.
- Norne: Y'know...you're right! I'll just do my best without trying to rush it! I'm going to concentrate on helping without worrying about how to bring my bow into every situation! Thank you for helping me find my direction... Turns out you actually did have some divine guidance for me!
- Setsuna: Well, I hope you do your best... And once you've honed your helping skills a bit... I hope you'll help me out of the various holes and traps I tend to find myself in... And then...maybe I could help you practice your archery... If you're interested, I mean...
- Norne: Oh, thank you, Setsuna!
- Sharena: I'm so sorry I couldn't be more help with recovering your memories, Nagi!
- Nagi: Do not apologize, princess Sharena... I must thank you... I may not have memories, but... I do understand...my purpose here, in this world... In this world, as in mine...there is looming darkness... Yet there is a light, driving it back... I am here...to lend my power to Kiran, fully...
- Sharena: A light to drive back the dark, huh? Sounds like an accurate description of the Heroes gathered here in Askr!
- Nagi: Princess Sharena... You, too, are among those rays of light...
- Sharena: M-me?
- Nagi: You, with your kind heart...who went out of your way to help me... You shine as bright as any, Sharena... As I am now...I am without a past... But I can help build the future... And that is enough...
- Sharena: Nagi! All your power, and you're willing to lend it to us?
- Nagi: Yes... From her one, to drive back the darkness...to keep bright the light of the Order... I will continue to walk alongside you... May the Divine Dragon protect and watch over you...
- Sirius: Ah, Prince Alfonse. Last we spoke, you asked me something... You asked whether I would remove this mask were I to achieve my goals...
- Alfonse: I did, yes...
- Sirius: You see...I have someone awaiting my return. When my goal is achieved, and the time to return comes... I may have no more need for this mask. That is why I must fight: to shed my past and start anew.
- Alfonse: To shed the past... Could that be why my friend chose to wear his mask as well? To seek out a new life? No, that can't be it... Perhaps it was simply the turnings of his fate that forced him to wear the mask... That is what I must believe. When the time comes for him to remove his mask, we can work together again...
- Sirius: Prince Alfonse, if you wish to walk alongside your friend once more, I will do what I can to assist you.
- Alfonse: Thank you, Sirius...
- Sirius: This is but a temporary form, but my wish to protect those I hold dear lives ever on in my heart of hearts.
- Alfonse: I am glad, and happy you are willing to lend us your strength so that Askr can one day see peace.
- Sirius: I will do my utmost to live up to your expectations of me. For now, this mask is me... But I shall hold fast to my dream of peace... And I will keep fighting for a future where I can feel the sun's light shine upon my face once more!