"Just a minute! The following section contains spoilers, viewing it will cost a lot. Are you prepared to pay for it?"
At the end of Chapter 4, Freyr is kidnapped by his sister Freyja, with the help of Plumeria and Triandra, and since he gave away Gullinkambi, his only defense against Freyja and the Dökkálfar, to the Order of Heroes.
In Chapter 9, Freyja forces the necklace Brísingamen onto Freyr, allowing her to have access to both the power of Dreams and Nightmare, and as a result become omnipotent.
In Chapter 10, Freyr blames himself for letting her sister Freyja steal all of the power of dreams so that the Order of Heroes will never escape Dökkálfheimr. When Freyja finally found them and was about to kill the Order of Heroes, Freyr was left with no choice: In order to weaken his sister by barring her the access the power of Dreams, they must kill him, which they reluctantly complied to do so. He then tells his sister that he was glad to see her face, even though his words were not good enough to reach her. And then, he succumbs to his wounds, angering Freyja for losing her own brother.
Freyr is a compassionate, and caring man who cares for his sister, Freyja. He tries to convince Freyja to change her views about humans, but fails.
Freyr cares deeply for humans, as seen in a certain situation in Chapter 10, and when he felt guilty for turning humans into ljósálfr and dökkálfr.
- Dream-King of Ljósálfheimr, the dream realm. He is the god of dreams and wishes for all to lead tranquil, blissful lives.
- Estival Dreams
- Dream-King of Ljósálfheimr, the dream realm, making an appearance at the beach after being invited amidst a summer's dream.
| Raydream Horn|
|A||Def Res Catch 1||-||-|
|Def Res Catch 2||Def Res Catch 1||-|
|Def Res Catch 3||Def Res Catch 2||-|
|Def Res Catch 4||Def Res Catch 3|
|B||Lull Atk Def 1||-||-|
|Lull Atk Def 2||Lull Atk Def 1||-|
|Lull Atk Def 3||Lull Atk Def 2||-|
Subjective: The following part of this article is based upon the editor's personal experiences and opinions, and therefore may not be applicable for all readers.
Freyr is illustrated in the trading card game Fire Emblem Cipher with the following cards:
Choose Your Legends Placement History
- Freyr is the first Heroes original character who does not have any skills to attack in his base form at the moment.
- Freyr's beast form closely resembles the "Markhor" species of goat, whose most noticeable feature is their long, spiraling, drill-like horns. Curiously, Ibex goats (the caprines from which Freyja's beast form seems to take after the most) are believed to be closely related to Markhor goats.
- While at the moment Freyr only has his 'damaged' artwork coded in the game, part of his 'attack' artwork can be seen when selecting him.
- Interestingly, Freyr also has unused special dialogue activation lines in the games files despite him not having any skills as an enemy unit.
- Freyr shares his English voice actor, Jason Marnocha, with Genealogy of the Holy War's Travant as he apppears in Heroes.
- See main article: Freyr/Gallery.