Galle was born in Etruria, but he later joined the army in Bern and rose in rank as one of its most skilled generals. Due to his skill, he was supposed to become the third Wyvern General of Bern. However, Narcian put forth the complaint that Galle was not even a native of Bern and effectively blocked Galle’s promotion and swiped the position for himself by spreading accusations about him. He is not bitter about this and continues to serve Zephiel faithfully. Before Narcian is dishonorably demoted and killed, Galle serves as Murdock's lieutenant, and becomes the third Wyvern General afterwards. In Chapter 21, he appears with a squad of Wyvern Riders to aid Murdock in fighting against Roy's army, but ultimately dies in battle.
- Azure Rider
- Considered by many to be the strongest Wyvern Lord of Bern's army, he is loyal to the leader of the Wyvern Generals, Murdock. Appears in Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade.
| Guard Lance|
Subjective: The following part of this article is based upon the editor's personal experiences and opinions, and therefore may not be applicable for all readers.
Note: (Move the appropriate character to a space adjacent to Galle and choose the option to Talk.)
- Zeiss: "Sir Galle..."
- Galle: "Zeiss. You seem to be well."
- Zeiss: "Sir Galle... Must we truly fight?"
- Galle:"Yes. We must."
- Zeiss: "I...I don't want to fight you! You're the last person I ever..."
- Galle: "Zeiss! Are you a child?!"
- Zeiss: "What...?!"
- Galle: "Did you have this little faith in your choice when you left Bern? Do you regret your decision to fight against Bern?"
- Zeiss: "No! My mind is...set... It still hurts to point my blade toward Bern, my homeland... But the path I chose was not a mistake...!"
- Galle: "Then cast away your hesitation! Focus on defeating those who block the path that you have chosen. ...No matter who that may be."
- Zeiss: "Sir Galle..."
- Galle: "Zeiss... Are a knight of Bern?"
- Zeiss: "...Of course!"
- Galle: "Good! Then when next we meet, there will be no words. Our blades will cross, and one will be left standing!"
- Melady: "Galle..."
- Galle: "Melady..."
- Melady: "Galle... I..."
- Galle: "Do not speak... You and I are both loyal knights. We both fight in our masters' names. That is all there is to know."
- Melady: "......"
- Galle: "Melady... This is probably the end, so let me say this. Melady, I am truly grateful I was fortunate enough to meet you. We trained together, and we fought alongside each other. Melady... The days I spent with you... They were the happiest days of my life."
- Melady: "M...mine, too..."
- Galle: "...Good-bye, Melady. My only regret is that we didn't meet in a more peaceful time."
- Melady: "Galle..."
(Galle leaves screen)
- Melady: "Wait! Galle! Don't go! Gaaalle!!"
—Galle's death quote in The Binding Blade.
Galle is illustrated in the trading card game Fire Emblem Cipher with the following cards:
Choose Your Legends Placement History
|CYL1||457||The Binding Blade||273|
|The Binding Blade||255|
|CYL3 saw the transition to different counting mechanisms involving versions of characters and ties, so change measured between CYL2 and CYL3 shouldn't be taken at face value.|
|The Binding Blade||301|
|The Binding Blade||185|
|The Binding Blade||36|
Gale as a man's name is from an English surname, ultimately from Middle English gaile "jovial". It can also be used as a form of the name Galen, a name derived from that of the ancient Greek physician, meaning "tranquil." A gale is also a powerful wind.
- On the official Japanese website for Nintendo, Galle won 22nd place out of 80 in the character popularity poll for Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade. The male-female vote ratio is 2:1. The voter comments seem to generally focus on his strong principles as a knight and tragic outcome in the story.
- Galle has real (non-generic) growth rates, which indicates that he may have originally been planned to be recruitable.
- Despite sharing a name with the Genealogy of the Holy War background character Galle they are pronounced differently. This Galle is pronounced identically to the word Galle, while other Galle is pronounced Ga-le.
- It is possible to keep Galle alive in Chapter 21 by having both Melady and Zeiss talk to him. He will remain an enemy unit, but he and the reinforcements he brings will surround Melady without attacking her or the rest of your units.
- Galle is the only Trial map character fought as an enemy that doesn't join with the item he possesses in the main campaign, the Spear, and instead shows up with a Killer Lance and Light Brand, while the others show up with their weapons from the main campaign, some of which are only available in trial maps (i.e. Murdock's Tomahawk, Narcian's Runesword, Brunnya's Fimbulvetr, etc). This causes the Spear to be the only weapon that the Wyvern Generals possessed that couldn't be obtained at all, even when they become usable in the Trial Maps.
- See main article: Galle/Gallery.