—Gilliam talking to Franz in a support conversation.
Gilliam is a playable character in Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. He is a quiet, yet dependable, armored knight of Frelia. He joins with Franz to rescue Princess Tana in Chapter 1, and later is appointed by King Hayden to be Eirika's escort along with the priest Moulder and the pegasus knight Vanessa. He is a long-time friend of Moulder and Vanessa's older sister, Syrene.
In his support conversations with Garcia, the two arm wrestle against each other to see which one of them is the strongest. Gilliam loses to Garcia in their first match, but in their second support conversation, Garcia notices that Gilliam fights with his lance in his left hand. They have a second match, this time with their left arms, and Gilliam is victorious, making them evenly matched in strength.
Lance - C
* Growths had 5% less in the Japanese version
|Item Required||Promoted Class|
|Knight Crest or Master Seal||General|
|Great Shield||E E|
- See also: Gilliam/Supports
Subjective: The following part of this article is subjective to the editor's writing. Therefore, it may not work for everyone.
As a Knight, he has to deal with the class' low movement, speed and restriction to lances, which could potentially be a problem as the early chapters of the game primarily have axe users. However, he does make up for it with fairly decent growths. Compared to Amelia, should the player promote her into a Knight, Gilliam has better strength, defence and resistance growths.
Gilliam may promote into the Great Knight or General classes. As a Great Knight, Gilliam will be a bit faster, can cover more ground and use Canto, but his stats will be lower as a result. As a General, Gilliam's movement may still be a problem, but he gains the Great Shield ability, along with growths better suited towards him. Both classes allow the usage of Swords, Axes and Lances, so it is up to the player to decide which class is best for him."
- Silent Gilliam (静かなる重壁 Shizukanaru jū kabe)
- "Gilliam returned to his home of Frelia, where he continued to serve the crown as a faithful knight. His imposing countenance was said to strike fear into the hearts of even the most arrogant and brash of Frelia's new recruits."
- A Support with Syrene
- "Gilliam and Syrene returned to Frelia, where they were married. All agreed they were a perfect match, and their union was blessed by the crown and the order of knights. The two continued their unwavering service together."
—Gilliam's death quote
- In a support conversation with Garcia, it is said that Gilliam is left-handed, although the animation for any of his potential classes, as well as his official artwork, hold their weapon in their right hand.