—Gonzalez in a support conversation with Echidna
He makes a brief cameo appearance in Chapter 17 of the Hasha no Tsurugi manga.
A bandit from the Western Isles, Gonzalez was rejected by villagers due to his monster-like appearance, and so was reluctantly reduced to a bandit and put to tough work by them. Ordered to destroy a village, he switch sides when Lilina speaks to him, because she's the first person to speak to him kindly.
An unintelligent and unattractive bandit with a heart of gold, Lilina was able to see through his appearance quickly, and invited him to become an ally.
He cannot converse well as he was not have been brought up to a conversation by anybody, causing him trouble trying to communicate with his comrades, such as his support conversation with Trec, where the two struggle to engage in conversation tremendously.
Description: A brigand from the Western Isles. Uneducated but compassionate.
Axe - C* (D**)
* Larum's route only
** Elffin's route only
|Item Required||Promoted Class|
- See also: Gonzalez/Supports.
Subjective: The following part of this article is subjective to the editor's writing. Therefore, it may not work for everyone.
Gonzalez is a glass cannon with high base HP/strength and decent speed. His growths are also extremely high in those three stats while the other ones are poor overall. In Route A, he is level 5 which means it takes longer for him to promote. He only gets +3 STR and +2 SPD from level ups on average from level 5-10 compared to +2 STR/SPD he can get on promoting which he can automatically do so on Route B since he's level 11. Promoting also gives him +5 skill (+10 hit) and +30 critical which help his offense immensely.
—Gonzalez's final battle quote in The Binding Blade.
—Gonzalez's death quote in The Binding Blade.
- Gonzalez - Gentle Bandit (心やさしき山賊 Kokoro yasashiki sanzoku)
- "When Gonzalez returned to his home on the Western Isles, he was not greeted with stones or harsh words. Instead, people cheered for the return of a hero."
- According to a Japanese gaming news website, Gonzales landed 46th place out of 80 in the character popularity poll for Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade.
- Gonzalez is one of only two characters in the game to support with someone from both routes in a path split with both being the pre-promotes, the only other character being Douglas with the dancer units you get from the path split.