“But...I ugly... I not be with people. People hate me...”
—Gonzalez in a support conversation with Echidna
Gonzalez is a playable character in Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade. He is the only playable Brigand in this game. Gonzalez is an unintelligent and unattractive bandit with a heart of gold. He is from the Western Isles. In the game, he was ordered to destroy a village but when Lilina spoke to him, he found that he could be accepted somewhere without having to hurt innocent people. In his B and A support conversations with Lilina, he confronts her about her feelings for him and Roy, and tells her not to get near him, but Lilina insists she wants "to be with him". It is not clear if Lilina meant it romantically or in a friendship level, but regardless, since only Roy's ending is affected by the support system, none of this changes their respective character endings.
He makes a brief cameo appearance in Chapter 17 of the Hasha no Tsurugi manga.
Description: A brigand from the Western Isles. Uneducated but compassionate.
Axe - C* (D**)
* Larum's route only
** Elffin's route only
|Item Required||Promoted Class|
- See also: Gonzalez/Supports
Gonzalez is an off balance unit in both base and growth. In Route A, he appears at Level 5, while in Route B, he appears at Level 11. Route A is better in the long run, while Route B makes him a somewhat temporary asset. Hard Mode bonuses further bolster his excelling stats in HP, Strength, and Speed. His Defense is poor, as is his Skill and Resistance. His Luck is okay, but nothing special. He is the fastest and strongest axe user at the player's disposal, especially due to being able to wield Steel Axes unimpeded at base. He will be a powerful Berserker that continues to suffer from Accuracy. His main competition comes from Geese, who has better accuracy in exchange for worse power, though both can be used for desirable results. Overall, he's a powerful unit and should be the first choice for an axe user and Armads wielder.
“I not afraid! This time, I not afraid!!”
—Gonzalez's final battle quote in The Binding Blade.
—Gonzalez's death quote in The Binding Blade.
- Gonzalez - Gentle Bandit (心やさしき山賊 Kokoro yasashiki sanzoku)
- "When Gonzalez returned to his home on the Western Isles, he was not greeted with stones or harsh words. Instead, people cheered for the return of a hero."
- According to a Japanese gaming news website, Gonzales landed 46th place out of 80 in the character popularity poll for Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade.
- Gonzalez is one of only two characters in the game to support with someone from both routes in a path split with both being the pre-promotes, the only other character being Douglas with the dancer units you get from the path split.