In Occupation's Shadow is Chapter 4 of Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade.
Lyn's group decides to rest for the night in a worn-down fortress. There, they meet Natalie, a woman who tells them that she is looking for her husband, Dorcas. Meanwhile, Carjiga, a member of the Ganelon bandits, find Lyn's group and orders his men to attack. He tells one of his soldiers, a man named Dorcas, that if he captures one of the women inside, he'd raise his pay. Although reluctant, Dorcas seems to agree. During the fight, however, Lyn sees Dorcas, recognizing him from a picture Natalie had shown her. She talks to him, telling him that his wife was inside the very fortress he was attacking, and he immediately joins their team. After holding out long enough, the bandits retreat. That evening, Dorcas says that he has decided to remain with Lyn's group, in hopes that he could make some money on the journey.
New in this chapter is the ability to recruit certain enemy units, such as Dorcas. This chapter is also the first to have a Protect objective, and to have enemy reinforcements appear. It's also the first chapter with an Other unit.
- Carjiga (Boss): Brigand L8 w/ Steel Axe
- 4 Brigands L2 w/ Iron Axe (One has an Iron Axe that is dropped upon defeat)
- 2 Archers L1 w/ Iron Bow
- 3 Brigands L1 w/ Iron Axe
- 2 Mercenaries L1 w/ Iron Sword
- 1 Brigand L3 w/ Iron Axe
- Dorcas (Enemy): Fighter L3 w/ Hand Axe, Vulnerary
- Turn 3-7, from the southwest corner:
- 1 Brigand L2 w/ Iron Axe
- Turn 3-7, from the northeast corner:
- 1 Mercenary L1 w/ Iron Sword
- If you look through the information of the Brigand reinforcements from the lower left corner, they not only have a D in axes, but also a C in swords. It's possible that they were originally supposed to be Mercenaries or Myrmidons.
- If you defeat Carjiga, one of his men will issue the command to retreat instead of him.
- The name of the Bandits from this Chapter and the one previous, the Ganelon Bandits, likely takes its name from The Song of Roland, as the Elibe series often does. In The Song of Roland, Ganelon was Roland's treacherous stepfather.
- If the tutorial is on and somehow Florina, Wil, Kent and Sain have all been defeated in combat prior to this chapter, it becomes completely impossible to clear, as the tutorial forcibly moving Lyn towards Dorcas and away from Natalie makes it impossible to prevent the Brigands from reaching and killing Natalie since you have no other units to stop them.