—Kyza in Radiant Dawn
Kyza (Kysha in the PAL region game versions) is a playable character from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. He takes on the role a laguz officer, serving under the command of Ranulf. Kyza is a superior officer to Lyre, and seeks to keep her from acting out against others, alongside fighting over Ranulf's attention with her.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Kyza is a rather dutiful and loyal individual, but is perceived to be boring, stiff, and humorless by others around him. He is essentially the polar opposite of Lyre, with their differences repeatedly leading to heated arguments breaking out on a regular basis especially when competing for Ranulf's attention. Despite these feuds, Kyza and Lyre are close friends. Kyza tries to resolve conflicts within the army, calming Lyre down after Shinon offended her with bigoted slurs, and apologizing to Shinon on her behalf.
Despite his normally serious and formal demeanor, when around close friends he changes his behavior and talks and acts in a more feminine way.
Kyza has an obsession on his superior officer, Ranulf, and repeatedly tries to gain his attention.
In-Game[edit | edit source]
Recruitment[edit | edit source]
- Part 3: Chapter Prologue: Automatically from Chapter 4, available in Chapter 4, 7, 8, 10. 11 and Endgame.
- Part 4: Can select to join the team Micaiah/Ike/Tibarn, available in which team he joined and Endgame.
Availability[edit | edit source]
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Endgame|
◎=Forced ○=Available □=Available for selected △=Reinforcement
Base Stats[edit | edit source]
|Strike - A|| Fang|
Growth Rates[edit | edit source]
Overall[edit | edit source]
Subjective: The following part of this article is based upon the editor's personal experiences and opinions, and therefore may not be applicable for all readers.
Kyza, much like Lyre, has poor Base Stats, but high growth rates. Both Lyre and Kyza are poor starting out and may be chosen over the other Beast laguz because they are easy to use and train. However, the other beast laguz have very poor growth rates, but much better base stats. To make the best of him, follow the same strategy as Lyre: Blossom + Paragon.
Biorhythm[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Death Quote[edit | edit source]
Supports[edit | edit source]
Unique C Support line with Ranulf
Kyza: Oh…Captain Ranulf…hello! If only we could secret away and…catch our breath! I trust all is well.
Unique B Support line with Ranulf
Kyza:Captain Ranulf, I’ll cover you! But you know I won’t be able to protect you unless you stay very close to me.
Unique A Support line with Ranulf
Kyza: Must survive and complete my mission. Must not let anyone else die. Captain Ranulf, especially you. Hold on, tight, dear sir!
Epilogue[edit | edit source]
Dutiful Assistant (秘めたる炎, The Secret Flame)
Kyza remained a dutiful Gallian warrior. He showed exemplary diligence, never neglecting to train—even in peacetime.
Non-Canon Appearances[edit | edit source]
Kyza is illustrated in the trading card game with the following cards:
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In a Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance support conversation between Ranulf and Lethe, Kyza and Lyre are both mentioned, hinting at their inclusion in the sequel, Radiant Dawn.
- Kyza has unused support conversation data with Ranulf, Lyre, Meg, Mordecai, Muarim, and Zihark.
- In the Japanese version of Radiant Dawn, Kyza uses pronouns and speech patterns generally used by women when around close friends like Lyre and Ranulf, talks in a masculine and professional tone when around strangers or authority figures, and is portrayed as effeminate while with these close friends.
- The Fire Emblem 20th Anniversary Encyclopedia section on Kyza is titled "The body is male, the heart is female?" and confirms Kyza is romantically attracted to Ranulf and competes with Lyre for his affection. Kyza's speaking style is shared with Excellus and Leon in the franchise.
- In the western localization, Kyza's private style of speaking is represented with occasional use of flamboyant words.