The Lance Knight (ランスナイト Ransu Naito) is a horse-mounted combat physical class that rides into battle armed with Lances. Lance Knights are first introduced to the series in Genealogy of the Holy War, where they face stiff competition with other mounted classes that include Cavaliers, Free Knights, Axe Knights and Bow Knights. They return in Thracia 776, where they switch to wielding Swords in indoor battles with the introduction of dismounting mechanics. This feature is criticized for defeating the purpose of Lance Knights and thence making them inferior to the Cavalier class.
History in the Series[edit | edit source]
In its original inception in Genealogy of the Holy War and Thracia 776, the Lance Knight is one of the many mounted classes that appear in the Jugdral Series. Like its name suggests, the Lance Knight class specialises in Lances, promoting into Duke Knights when the requirements are met.
The Lance Knight class is not seen again until Path of Radiance where it replaces Cavalier altogether, appearing along with the Axe and Bow Knights classes, all three classes promote into the shared Paladin class.
In TearRing Saga: Berwick Saga, the Lance Knight is known as the Spear Knight class, instead their promotion is titled Lance Knight, more like Lance Paladins in function. Their promotion, Lance Knight, has the Lance skill allowing them to use lance subtype of spears. Unlike Cavaliers, Spear Knights can only use Spears and Small Shields. There is also a weaker enemy variant of the class called Spear Rider. This enemy variant is a mounted Spear Soldier, similar to Lancers from Tearring Saga.
In-Game[edit | edit source]
Base Stats[edit | edit source]
Maximum Stats[edit | edit source]
Growth Rates[edit | edit source]
Class Skills[edit | edit source]
|FE10||Canto||Base skill of all mounted and flying units.|
Promotions[edit | edit source]
|Base Class||Promotion Method||Promoted Class|
|FE4||Lance Knight||Choose the "Class Change" option in the Home Castle when the relevant unit reaches Level 20.||Duke Knight|
|FE5||Lance Knight||Use a Knight Proof on a Level 10+ Lance Knight.||Duke Knight|
|Use a Master Seal on a Level 10+ Lance Knight.|
|Use a Master Seal on a Level 10+ Lance Knight or train a Lance Knight to Level 21.|
Notable Lance Knights[edit | edit source]
- Finn - A servant of Leonster who swore his loyalty to Quan and whose main objective in life is to protect Leif.
- Cain - One of Selphina's knights.
- Alva - One of Selphina's knights. Unusual in that he specializes in fighting dismounted with Swords.
- Sedor: A knight from the Raze Empire of common birth. His kind heart has earned him the love of Minas and consequently the jealousy of Baalzephon.
- Promotion for: Leon (Berwick Saga), Adel
- Urven - A baghatur from the Nyman League. Hoelun's elder cousin.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Cavalier class only used Lances in Gaiden, making them very similar to Lance Knights.
- Lance Knights are the only tier 1 Horse Knight in Radiant Dawn to not have a speaking portrait.