—Manfroy, to Sandima
The Loptr Church (ロプト教団, Roputo Kyōdan lit. Loptr Sect in the Japanese version and Loptyrian Cult in Fire Emblem Awakening) is a cult led by Archbishop Manfroy in Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War and Fire Emblem: Thracia 776, made up of the descendants of the followers of the Loptrian Empire who are dedicated to the resurrection of the dark god Loptous and the complete subjugation of Jugdral.
In Thracia 776, it is revealed that the Schwarze Rosen, a division of the Loptr Church, also exists. They are an elite dark mage corps that operate in the Thracian peninsula, and are seemingly under the command of Veld, who was put in charge of the region by Archbishop Manfroy.
During the reign of the Loptrian Empire, they were led by the dynasty of Galle, before their rule was ended by the Twelve Crusaders. Before the events of Genealogy of the Holy War, they were forced to hide beneath the Aed Shrine to avoid persecution, however, after the creation of the Grannvale Empire and the start of Julius' rule, they were able to reemerge and take positions of power in the Empire. They quickly resumed cruel practices like the Child Hunts, which were also performed in the past at the height of the Loptrian Empire.
- Manfroy (Leader)
- Veld - A Bishop of the Loptr Church who works to support Manfroy by carrying out the will of the church.
- Sara* - The granddaughter of Lord Manfroy who hates him for what he did to her parents.
*Defects during the events of Thracia 776
- The Grimleal, a cult that strives to resurrect the Fell Dragon Grima in Fire Emblem Awakening, shares a number of similarities with the Loptr Church, including the employment of the Deadlords.
- The Loptr Church bears numerous parallels to Those Who Slither in the Dark from Fire Emblem: Three Houses.
- Both organizations are descendants of people from ancient times who were condemned and exiled.
- Both groups orchestrate heinous crimes behind the scenes using people in power as their puppets.
- Their respective leaders, Manfroy and Thales, are motivated by a desire for revenge, and aim to bring ruin to the respective lands of Jugdral and Fodlan to achieve it.