Lorenz is a playable character that appears in Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Lorenz is a student at the Officers Academy who is from the Leicester Alliance and is a member of the Golden Deer. He possesses a minor Crest of Gloucester. He is 18 at the start of the game.
Lorenz is the eldest son and heir to the County of Gloucester. He enrolled in the Royal Academy of Sorcery at Fhirdiad in 1178, but was forced to leave Faerghus and return home when rebellion erupted in the Kingdom's west.
Lorenz enrolls in Garreg Mach Monastery Officers Academy in Imperial Year 1180, and joins the Golden Deer. His snobby demeanor belies his serious nature, as he fully understands his responsibility as nobility. It seems he has been approaching girls at the monastery, to little success.
|Magic||Combat Arts||Abilities||Starting Items|
|-||Tempest Lance||Distinguished House|
Lance Prowess Lv 1
Reason Lv 1
Subjective: The following part of this article is subjective to the editor's writing. Therefore, it may not work for everyone.
Lorenz is an oddball in that his strength and magic growth rates are equal, giving him a great amount of versatility in terms of chosen classes. However, that same versatility and average growth rates can be a drawback as well, as he will never excel at either physical or magic damage compared to dedicated characters. His growth rates also run into a problem of reliability, as nothing truly stands out and he doesn't have the elevated growth rates that Byleth has. His health has an oddly high growth rate, giving him some decent durability.
Building him up to be a Dark Knight tends to make the best use of his versatility. In preparation for such a class, it is recommended to get Lorenz to master the Mage class for Fiendish Blow, helping to improve his magic damage. His lance skills will often serve as a backup as a Dark Knight against magic-resistant foes.
- See also: Lorenz (Three Houses)/Supports.
- Byleth (S-Support with female Byleth)
"Just a minute! The following section contains spoilers, viewing it will cost a lot. Are you prepared to pay for it?"
Lorenz - Noble of the Red Rose
- Soon after the war, Lorenz assumed leadership over House Gloucester and helped govern Fódlan as a representative of the old Alliance lords. His political talent yielded revolutionary policy changes, many of which were of particular benefit to the commonfolk.
Lorenz and Marianne
- As the new head of House Gloucester, Lorenz first worked to restore his own territory, and then expanded his vision to include reforms for all of Fodlan. At the height of his storied political career, he announced his marriage to Marianne. Prior to the wedding she received extensive tutelage from her adoptive father, Margrave Edmund, so that by the time they were wed she was fully prepared to govern. The pair was particularly successful in providing new innovations in dairy farming, and came to be known as the mother and father of horses and cattle in the region. It is said that Lorenz was rather vexed by the title.
Lorenz and Dorothea (Silver Snow)
- As the new head of House Gloucester, Lorenz first worked to restore his own territory, and then expanded his vision to include reforms for all Fódlan. At the height of his storied political career, he announced his marriage to Dorothea, who had returned to prominence with the Mittelfrank Opera Company. The elaborate wedding was the most talked-about social event of the season, and the fashions on display from the savvy noblemen and the stylish songstress set the trends with young people across Fódlan for a decade.
Lorenz and Mercedes (Crimson Flower)
- After the war, Mercedes accompanied Lorenz back to his homeland. There, the young heir petitioned his father, Count Gloucester, to permit the couple to marry. The the count initially disapproved of Mercedes's status as a commoner, he was persuaded by her virtues as a person to change his mind. In fact, he praised Lorenz for having a taste in character superior to his own. After Lorenz succeeded his father as lord of the territory, the couple finally wed. With Lorenz's stern approach to governance, and Mercedes's open mind, House Gloucester flourished under their rule.
Lorenz is an originally German name derived from the Roman surname, Laurentius, which mean "from Laurentum".
- Lorenz shares his English voice actor, Ben Diskin, with Caspar, as well as Fates' Jakob, Saizo, and Hayato.
- After the time skip, Lorenz has a unique battle model as a Paladin.