Lute (The Sacred Stones) Edit
- "I'm Lute, a mage of profound genius. If it's ultimate battle power you wished for, consider your wish granted."
- "Do you need something from me? My task list currently includes 25 items across seven categories."
- "You use magic? That makes you competition. At least, until we make it clear which of us is superior."
- "Today, I will review chapter five of A Young Girl's Primer on Nazonian Magic. From memory. Afterward, I'll head out to collect some of the more interesting herbs that grow in this world."
- "Your face indicates that battle has left you weary. I once read about an herb that can help alleviate that. It was on page 339 of De Floris Mysticis. Paragraph four. Sentence three."
- "My research in Renais was quite rewarding, but the magic of this world is rather fascinating as well."
- "I memorized a message for you from Friend, thus eliminating the need to write it down. Such a task was child's play for a mage and scholar without equal." (Greeting from friend)
- "I've been examining you since the day you summoned me here. My daily records are impeccable. This journal is entitled Kiran: Daily Observations and Habits. You'll be impressed to find I did not miss a single day. Please examine it. 'Morning: Summoner rose early and ate a hearty breakfast and then trained until lunchtime. Noon: Summoner ate a meager lunch and then patrolled the castle's perimeter. Evening: Summoner ate dinner, took a bath, and then retired to bed without dessert.' Quite insightful and thorough, as you can see. I review this journal nightly. At first, I thought you may be a threat to my natural superiority, so I sought to discover your weaknesses. But as I continued to study you, my motives began to change. It was quite the odd phenomenon. Further observations are required for me to fully understand it, so I must continue my daily research. Please go about your business as usual. I'll compile volume two of my journal from a distance, as before." (Upon reaching level 40)
Info Screen Edit
- "Your flesh shows no signs of putrefaction. It seems you're still alive."
- "You wish simply to chat? That sounds neither productive nor strategically valuable, but..."
- "You may pose a threat to my natural superiority. This is troubling..."
- "There is still much I need to study. My books so far have taught me nothing of love..."
- "I'm Lute, genius mage extraordinaire. You've probably heard of me."
- "My mood? On a scale of 1 to 48, I'd say I'm at a 14."
- "You and I should stick together for a while longer. After all, there's no one better than me... and you."
- "You need me."
- "Let's begin."
Level Up Edit
- "Statistically speaking, good luck is just as likely as bad." (5-6 stats up)
- "Surprised? Don't be. There's no one better than me!" (3-4 stats up)
- "Statistically speaking, bad luck is just as likely as good." (1-2 stats up)
- "You've made a superior being far more superior." (New skill learned)
- "I am superior, after all."
- "I'll rip you to shreds with love!"
- "Of course I'll win."
- "You—you're dangerous."
- "I don't want to die..."
Lute (Summer Passing) Edit
- "I'm Lute, genius mage extraordinaire, currently investigating how swimsuits impact one's magical abilities."
- "Today, we'll find out empirically if increased sun exposure causes an increase in magical power."
- "Back in Renais, I spent every waking moment researching magic. There was no time for waterside frivolity."
- "Sunburn? Not a problem. I'm using an herb mixture from De Floris Mysticis to block the sun's rays."
- "People are prone to falling in love in summertime, you say? How strange. There must be some magical cause..."
- "Who knew sunlight felt so pleasant against the skin? Hmm... On a scale of 1 to 48, I'd say my mood's at a 3."
- "This castle's magic defenses would be more effective if arranged such that... Oh, excuse me. I forgot myself.
- "My name is Lute. I'm an envoy of Friend." (Greeting from friend)
- "My investigation into the correlation between skin exposure and magical ability has been quite fascinating. I concede that sunbathing in this garb is rather more comfortable than toiling away in my stuffy laboratory... However, all in all, this swimsuit has not resulted in any measurable change to my spell-casting. In other words, regardless of the outfit I wear, my magical abilities are second to none. You agree both work equally well, yes? I am—say it with me—just that good." (Upon reaching level 40)
Info Screen Edit
- "Choosing a suitable swimsuit was no trouble for someone of my natural intelligence. It required minimal research."
- "Let me read you my dissertation. It's entitled "Good Reasons the Summoner Could Have for Constantly Interrupting Me." *ahem*"
- "I have little practical experience swimming, but someone of my natural talent and superiority should be able to master the art in fewer than 10 minutes."
- "Exposure to sunlight is good for plants, whereas humans wither with overexposure... Fascinating."
- "My mood? On a scale of 1 to 48, I'd say I'm at a 12."
- "This outfit has heightened my enjoyment of the beach, but why? Surely one of these books holds the answer..."
- "You're a prodigy of sorts yourself. Our time together has done wonders for advancing my research."
- "As you say."
- "Are you certain?"
- "Of course I'll swim."
Level Up Edit
- "Drawing power from the sun like a garden, no less. I'm just that good." (5-6 stats up)
- "This minor setback has simply stoked the fire in my belly." (3-4 stats up)
- "Abysmal. I must return to the drawing board to rethink my approach." (1-2 stats up)
- "You ascertained that I'd have use for this? Good. You're catching on." (New skill learned)
- "Blinding sunlight!"
- "You'd prefer to drown?"
- "To the depths with you."
- "Brought low by the sun."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.