In the Fire Emblem series there have always been swords infused with magic that the player could use, called Magic Swords.
They all have the ability to use ranged magic attacks, and depending on whether they are used at range or in close combat, the defender's defense or resistance may be applied. For example, when the light brand is used at range, the enemy's resistance is applied to the attack, and in close combat it is treated like a physical attack, so the defense is applied.
List of Magical SwordsEdit
- Flame Sword
- Levin Sword
- Wind Sword
- Earth Sword
- Light Brand
- Sonic Sword
- Leo's Iceblade (although it can only make direct attacks)
- Conduit Sword (only direct attacks, also swaps user's Str and Mag)
- In the GBA Fire Emblem games, most classes that can wield magic swords have critical animations, but the weapons do not have a chance to critical. Generally the animation looks similar to the regular animation, but the sword flashes for a moment after being held up.
- In Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade magic swords work within range of a Magic Seal.
- In Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade magic swords have their damage type changed from sword to magic (either anima, dark, or light). Note that Runesword's damage type is always dark magic. During this time, the wielder's strength is cut by half, and their critical ability is nullified.