“Villager: You're a kind soul to fight for strangers so. Here, you must take this.
Owain: By the ghost of Ike! I've found it at last! The fated mate to my sword hand! ...The divine blade, Mystletainn!
Villager: Er, I'm afraid this is a blade of extremely common make, sir. I was using it to dig a well, but I figured you might--
Owain: Come, Mystletainn! Destiny beckons!
Villager: I also used it to cut small vegetables before it got dull. ...Er, hello?”
—Owain receiving Missiletainn from a Villager in Paralogue 5
The Missiletainn (ミステルトィン Misuterutin, Mysteltinn in the Japanese version) is a personal Sword that hails from Fire Emblem Awakening, and is bound to Owain. Its description refers to it as an "apocryphal brand?" referring to its questionable authenticity. The NPC who gives Owain the sword in his recruitment chapter notably refers to it as a common blade, indicating that the sword itself probably draws its strength from Owain's fondness of it. The sword's name is a play on the pronunciation of the legendary demon blade, Mystletainn.
According to Ophelia in Fates, Owain eventually discovers for himself that it is a pretty crummy weapon, commenting on his notes that it slips out of the hand and cuts dull as a butter knife.
*To be replaced by an actual stat sheet as soon as possible.
Fire Emblem AwakeningEdit
|Event||Para. 5 - Have Owain speak to the NPC Sage who resides in the bottom-center building.|
|Treasure||Xeno. 15 - Random from Chest.|
Fire Emblem WarriorsEdit
|Achievement||S-Rank Clear a battle in Scion of Legend|
- Missiletainn is Owain's personal weapon in Fire Emblem Heroes
- Missiletainn is the only character-specific weapon in Awakening to provide a bonus to a specific stat.
- The Missiletainn is referenced in Fire Emblem Fates when Owain's daughter, Ophelia, chose to name a tome she got from her father at the end of the paralogue.
- The weapon is mentioned once again in Warriors by Anna in a support with Robin as a sale item. Describing it being light as a toy, they are skeptical of the story behind it, and say that they couldn't be paid to take that sword.
- The tome Missiletainn is also Ophelia's personal weapon in Fire Emblem Heroes