—Mustafa to Chrom after Emmeryn's sacrifice
Mustafa is a minor boss character from Fire Emblem Awakening.
Mustafa is the first boss faced after Emmeryn's sacrifice. As a result of her words and Gangrel's oppression, he was moved to reconsider what he was doing in the war. Unlike the many bosses before, Mustafa was a much more merciful Plegian. He was truly touched by Emmeryn's sacrifice, much like many of the other Plegian soldiers. He vowed to protect Chrom's army as much as he could if they were to surrender, though he knew they would not.
Even when his subordinates thought of not fighting, Mustafa would not follow the law of death for insubordination, understanding the emotions running through their minds, similar to his. In fact, Mustafa allows his men to lay down their arms if they do not wish to fight, promising to take the blame himself. His humanity inspired his men to follow their bitter orders. He wished he did not have to fight Chrom's army, but he knew that if he abandoned his orders and did not fight to his death, Gangrel would murder his family to set an example for anyone else's disloyalty. In the end, as Mustafa dies at the hands of Chrom's army, he asks them to spare his remaining army.
Mustafa got along well with Henry; in his supports with Ricken, Mustafa always gave Henry a bag of peaches whenever he visited. Henry reminded him of his son and Mustafa told him that he considered him a part of his family.
Contrary to most of the Plegian army elite, Mustafa is an honorable man and among the many who were affected by Emmeryn's words prior to her sacrifice. Mustafa holds great love for his wife and son, thus he willingly fights to the death against Ylisse despite having no issue with the country, as he knew Gangrel would have his family killed if he tried to leave.
He also allowed any of his men to desert their post and was well respected as his men were willing to also fight for him despite the losing battle they would face against Chrom and the Shepherds. In his final moments, Mustafa bears no ill will towards Ylisse, understanding it was Gangrel that forced him to sacrifice his life, and making a last request to spare his surviving soldiers, displaying a selfless desire to stop further avoidable bloodshed at the expense of a hated mad king.
|Axe - C||Short Axe|
|Gamble||Axe - C||Short Axe|
- Plegian Champion
- General of Plegia. He is endlessly loyal to his king, but he is a military man who prefers a fair fight to besting his foes through trickery. Appears in Fire Emblem Awakening.
| Barrier Axe|
|A||Water Boost 1||-|
|Water Boost 2||Water Boost 1|
|Water Boost 3||Water Boost 2|
|C||Def Tactic 1||-||-|
|Def Tactic 2||Def Tactic 1|
|Def Tactic 3||Def Tactic 2|
Subjective: The following part of this article is based upon the editor's personal experiences and opinions, and therefore may not be applicable for all readers.
—Mustafa's pre-battle quote
—Mustafa's death quote
Mustafa (مصطفى), the character's english name, is a common Arabic name, which means 'chosen one'. It is derived from 'Istafa' (to choose, favor). It was popularized by its usage as an epithet of the Islamic Prophet Muhammad.
- According to Ricken and Henry's B support, Mustafa would give Henry peaches whenever the latter visited him, on account of Henry reminding him of his son, and considered him part of his family.
- In the second Awakening Drama CD, a Plegian soldier refers to Henry as "Mustafa's little bootlicker," indicating that Henry was at least somewhat fond of Mustafa as well.
- When clicking his description on the bottom screen, Mustafa is described as a pacifist, similar to Emmeryn.
- Mustafa shares the same voice clips with Yen'fay and Ignatius in both English and Japanese languages of Awakening.
- Although, Mustafa didn't have voice clips of his own, Kenji Hamada reprises his role as Mustafa in the japanese version of Heroes.
- Before his appearance as an actual hero, Mustafa made a cameo appearance in Fire Emblem Heroes as part of the The Martyr Exalt Lost Lore event.
- Mustafa is one of the few bosses in Awakening to not have his sprite re-used by another boss.
- Although, his model in battle uses a generic Berserker's, rather than a unique one of his own.
- Mustafa's artwork in Heroes depicts him wielding a Short Axe, his weapon of choice when fought in Fire Emblem Awakening, despite that Short Axes are thus far not present in Fire Emblem Heroes at all. In gameplay, Mustafa instead wields a Barrier Axe by default, but can be equipped with any inheritable Axe in the game should the player desire.
- See main article: Mustafa/Gallery.