New Game Plus or "New Game+" is a recurring feature in the Fire Emblem series that allows the player to start a new game after they complete the game. Normally players begin with rare items or abilities carried from their previous game.
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Upon completing a playthrough, a Sothis mark will appear on the game file and the player will be given the option to start a New Game+ playthrough over the same save slot.
The game will retain the following progress from previous playthroughs into the next one:
- Collective playtime
- Progress of the Saint Statues
- Progress of the Influencer in Abyss. If previously unlocked, the Wayseer and Shadow Library are already unlocked but unavailable until the War Phase.
- Progress and rank of all Battalions obtained.
- Information of all of Byleth's Professor Level and Support ranks, as well as any recruited characters' Class Certifications and masteries, Tutoring subject ranks, and combat arts.
- Total unspent renown.
The following features are available in New Game+:
- New appearance options become available via the journal in Byleth's room. However, the player can only change the appearance of units that they have currently recruited.
- Renown gains additional purpose outside of the Saint Statues. In Byleth's room, the player can access their Journal in order to purchase useful advantages that they earned from previous playthroughs:
- Byleth's highest Professor Rank.
- Byleth's support rank with each character.
- Skills obtained through Class Mastery.
- Special Crest items that grant them the power of specific crests to whoever holds them.
- Renown is also gained upon beginning of a new New Game+ file based upon the difficulty of the previous playthrough, scaling up to about 125,000 renown when starting from a Maddening file.
- The amiibo Gazebo also gains new functionality in a New Game+ if a Fire Emblem amiibo has been scanned. When accessed, the player can choose to scan amiibo figures as usual, or be transported to the Holy Tomb. The Holy Tomb features rare item and ingredient spawns, and Sothis can also be found here until the end of Chapter 10, upon which she will be replaced with the opposite gender Byleth. By interacting with Sothis or NPC Byleth, Byleth will gain a special New Game+ combat ability, the Sothis Shield.
Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE (Encore)
Upon loading a completed playthrough save, the player will be given prompts to select a difficulty first. With the exception of Lunatic Mode, the player can choose to bring all available bonuses or choose to only bring select few bonuses for their next playthrough.
The things that carry over from playthrough to playthrough include:
- Experience and levels
- Stage Ranks
- Unlocked Shop Stock
- Overall Playtime
The following additional bonuses apply if a New Game+ is begun in any way after defeating the final boss at least once:
- The player can select Lunatic Mode. Only your achievements, costumes, trophies and overall playtime carry over if you select this difficulty.
- A secret boss battle is accessible upon meeting certain prerequisites, as well as Requests 49 and 50, with Request 50 being said boss battle.
- The player will gain the ability to buy certain Carnages.
- An additional costume for Itsuki should the player get the best ending during the epilogue, which in turn unlocks his Best Dressed Play Record.
- The following features are exclusive to Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE Encore: