The Nintendo 3DS (
The 3DS also features a Virtual Console download service via its eShop online marketplace. Games from the Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, and Nintendo Entertainment System are currently available. Sega Game Gear games are scheduled for sometime this year. GBA games are currently only available to "Ambassadors", people who purchased the 3DS prior to the price cut only a few months after the system's launch. Until recently, the NES games were also Ambassador-exclusives, but Nintendo is currently gradually allowing the games to be made available to the general public. All Ambassadors receive the games free of charge as compensation for the price cut, while everyone else will need to purchase the games. For the first month of the 3DS's existence, 3D Classics: ExciteBike, a three dimensional remake of the classic NES motocross title, was free of charge to all customers. A remake of the multiplayer-only The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords, initially released on the GBA, was released as DSiWare with a single player mode added in celebration of the franchise's 25th anniversary for free on the Nintendo DSi and 3DS until February 2012.
Currently, only Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones is available on the 3DS outside of Japan. It was released on the Nintendo e-Shop, but only made available to those who purchased the console before the price drop.
The Nintendo 3DS Bundle for Fire Emblem Awakening released in Japan on April 2012 and has seen a release of the North American bundle with the aforementioned title preinstalled in the system instead of having the game in retail. The game is available to download in North America and Europe only.
Fire Emblem Games for 3DSEdit
- Fire Emblem Awakening (April 14, 2012 for Japan and releasing in February 4, 2013 for US and April 2013 in Europe)
- Fire Emblem Fates (June 25, 2015 for Japan, February 19, 2016 for US and May 2016 for Europe.)
- Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (April 20, 2017 for Japan and May 19th, 2017 world wide)
- Fire Emblem Warriors (Fall 2017 worldwide, New Nintendo 3DS only)
- Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (GBA - December 15, 2011 for Australia & December 16, 2011 for Japan, US, and Europe - Free for Ambassador Program)
- Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light (NES - August 8, 2012 for Japan - 500 yen)
- Fire Emblem Gaiden (NES - April 5, 2013 for Japan - 500 yen)
DS games that can be played on 3DSEdit
- Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (August 7, 2008 for Japan, December 5, 2008 for Europe, and February 16, 2009 for US)
- Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem (July 15, 2010 for Japan)