“Hey, what was that smile for? Oh, I get it. You think you can escape from me now, eh? Well, fat chance of that. There's no way I'm letting go of a useful slave like you.”
- Chapter 12x: Enemy, talk with Lifis, Lara, or Salem.
Sword - B
- Lara - 10%
With 5 Movement Stars, the Sol and Vantage skills, as well as a Pursuit Critical Coefficient of 5, Perne definitely has potential. He is a Thief Fighter, so you should give him the Neir Scroll so that he will have as much Constitution as possible.
Compared to Lifis, Perne will almost certainly end up a better fighter as well as being more durable. His stats don't look impressive for a pre-promoted unit, but his growth rates and his 3 skills make up for that, both offensively and defensively. He has 3 more Movement Stars and this makes Perne a much faster thief when it comes to looting and stealing items. For all these reasons, there is a high chance that Lifis gets benched as the main thief when Perne joins the army. As a pre-promote, he has less room for level up though, so his constitution probably will not get as high as a well-trained Lifis. He will be the first choice for the use of the Body Ring found in Chapter 18.
He comes with the very valuable King Sword on which he can hold on to until his skill increases, as it gives a 20% critical bonus that guarantees pursuit attacks to be critical hits thanks to Perne's PCC. Its double-attack effect also works great with Vantage. Try not to overuse it as this sword is extremely helpful for supporting other units, as it grants Charm to its user. Perne will also be one the primary users of the Elite Sword since he can benefit its effect without fighting and breaking it. This sword adds a welcomed defense bonus as well, thieves being high priority targets, especially for ballistaes.
Finally, Perne can support a few characters, including Salem and most notably Lara who supports him in return, which is a very good thing, because you definitely want to have them buddied up on maps where there are multiple doors and chests to open and valuable items/weapons to steal.
“Ha, idiots. I'm no ordinary thief!”
—Perne's battle quote as an enemy in Thracia 776
—Perne's death quote as an enemy in Thracia 776
“Ugh... Guess I wasn't so great...after all...”
—Perne's death quote in Thracia 776
“Sorry, Prince! I'll see you up ahead!”
—Perne's escape quote in Thracia 776
“Hmph, so now you think I'm in your debt? I don't think so!”
—Perne's release quote in Thracia 776
- Lifis: Shit...
- Perne: Hm? ...Are you Lifis? Hey, long time no see!
- Lifis: Y-Yeah... Hi...Perne...
- Perne: You haven't changed at all since you were a kid, have you? Have you at least learned not to wet your bed?
- Lifis: C-Come on, Perne... That was a long time ago.
- Perne: Really? You were biggest crybaby in the village, and you were always being bullied by the other guys... It seems like it was yesterday.
- Lifis ...You were the one who always picked on me first...
- Perne: Hm? Did you say something?
- Lifis: No, nothing...
- Perne: Oh, okay. Hey, you're working for the Liberation Army now, right? Sounds like fun. Yeah, I think I'll join. Where's your leader?
- Lifis: Wh-What!?
- Perne: What! You got a problem?
- Lifis: ...No...
- Perne: Let's have fun again, like the old days! What do you say?
- Lifis: ...I'm gonna be stuck with this asshole again...?
- Perne: Hey, you all right? You look a little pale.
- Lifis: Huh? D-D-Do I? M-Maybe I caught a cold or something! Ah, ahahaha...
- Perne: ?
- Lifis: Oh, Perne. Can you do something about that mercenary? We're having trouble with him...
- Perne: Mercenary? You mean Troude? Sure, he's a good friend of mine. I'll talk to him.
- Lara: Perne!
- Perne: Hm? Oh, Lara... What are you doing here? Ah, I get it... You missed me so much, you just had to come back, right?
- Lara: ...What if I said yes?
- Perne: Whoa, whoa, what's with the serious look? I was joking. I don't need a kid like you hovering around me. Go back to Manster.
- Lara: So you're driving me away again. I thought you liked me when I was dancing. You were watching me so intently...
- Perne: Yeah, I didn't know you were still a kid back then. Yup, you're right, I liked your dancing. It's, you know...energizing. It cheers you up. But you hated dancing, right? That's why you quit.
- Lara: ...No... I actually like to dance. So... If you liked it, I can dance for you again.
- Perne: What are you saying...
- Lara: No, not just for you... If I can cheer everyone up with my dancing, then that would be nice...
- Perne: Everyone? Who's everyone?
- Lara: Prince Leif's Liberation Army. I'm helping them. I'm not much use, though...
- Perne: Hmm... Ah, I get it... All right Lara, go back to being a dancer. Then I'll join the Liberation Army as well.
- Lara: Really, Perne? Do you really mean it?
- Perne: Yeah, I can't be a thief forever. The liberation of Northern Thracia, huh... Sounds interesting.
- Salem: Perne! Withdraw your sword.
- Perne: Salem!? What are you doing on the enemy side? ...Are you going to betray us?
- Salem: No. These people aren't enemies. They are Prince Leif's Liberation Army.
- Perne: Liberation Army? What's that?
- Salem: They have the same ideals as we do. I will explain it later. For now, just withdraw your blade!
- Perne: So you want us to stop fighting? ...I suppose you've thought it through well enough to make a decision like this. All right, I'll trust you. Let's go.
If Troude has not been killed/captured Edit
- Salem: Troude is still fighting. He'll only listen to you... Go talk to him.
- Perne: All right. He's a valuable friend... I can't let him die.
- Perne: Troude, it's all right. We don't have to fight any more.
- Troude: What do you mean?
- Perne: I'm joining the Liberation Army. So come with me.
- Troude: I see... So that's the Liberation Army... I knew their morale was too high to be the Imperial Army. All right. I'll go with you.
- Perne: Good. We've been friends for a long time, so I didn't want to have to fight you. Thanks, Troude.
- Troude: Of course. Let's go.
Perne - The Thief of Dakia (ダキアの盗賊 Dakia no tōzoku)
"Saying he would be returning to his hometown, Perne left Leif and disappeared. Various rumors abound regarding his life after that, with some saying that he became a thief again, and others claiming that he helped Tahra's reconstruction."