—Chrom explaining about Plegia to the Avatar.
Plegia (ペレジア, Perezia in the Japanese version) is a theocracy devoted to the Fell Dragon Grima.
Unlike its easterly neighbor, Ylisse, Plegia worships the Fell Dragon Grima. This leads to a conflict between the two nations for their worship of different dragons which lasted for nearly 1000 years. Plegia is ruled by their king, Gangrel, but his power affects only some of the nation. The other portion is ruled by a religious sect, the Grimleal, a cult that worships the Fell Dragon. Despite being a theocracy, only a minority of citizens worship Grima, although the rulers such as Gangrel, are forced to pay lip service to the Grimleal.
Due to its desert landscape, Plegia does not have as much bountiful crops compared to Ylisse.
Like all countries of the realm, Plegia was founded during a period known as "the Schism", a somewhat vague event in the time between Fire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo ~Hikari to Kage no Eiyū~ and Awakening. After the defeat of the Fell Dragon, Grima, Plegia was tasked with safeguarding a gemstone of the Fire Emblem, the black gem Sable. However, this was ironic as the Fire Emblem was a part of the downfall of the Fell Dragon. A short time after the fall of Grima, the Grimleal was formed. Because of Plegia's worship of Grima, this lead to a long lasting war between them and the Holy Dragon Naga worshiping neighbors of Ylisse.
The war was particularly more brutal than any other war between the two nations before. Both realms were nearly destroyed as a result, but the war was abruptly ended when the previous Exalt of Ylisse suddenly died. With the daughter of the Exalt, Emmeryn, in power, all Ylisseans were withdrawn from Plegia, thus ending the war with the Grimleal. Although Ylisse eventually recovered and moved on from the war, Plegia, led by Gangrel, desired to take over the continent. Gangrel authorized raids on the Ylisse and Ferox to instigate a war between the three nations.
After Gangrel is taken out of power after his defeat at the Border Wastes, Validar replaces him as the new ruler. Validar attempts to resurrect Grima at the Dragon's Table, but fails and is killed in battle. It is unknown who becomes the new ruler after Grima's banishment/death. However, if Gangrel S-Supports the female Avatar, their conversation suggests that he becomes their leader again.
- Plegia Castle
- Border Pass
- The Midmire
- Border Sands
- Border Wastes
- Carrion Isle
- Dragon's Table
- Sea-King's Throne
Known People from Plegia
- Gangrel - The Mad King of Plegia prior to Chapter 11.
- The Avatar - the amnesiac Tactician found on the wayside and the new Tactician for the Shepherds.
- Aversa - A seductive Dark Flier brainwashed by Vaildar, whose cold and manipulative traits have lead many men to ruin.
- Validar - The leader of the mysterious Grimleal cult and King after Chapter 11.
- Tharja - A moody Dark Mage who develops a strong attraction to the Avatar upon recruitment.
- Henry - A Dark Mage whose enthusiastic and happy nature is offset by his strong bloodlust.
- Mustafa - A noble Plegian general moved by Emmeryn's sacrifice.
- Vasto - An ambitious Plegian general who ambushes Chrom and Emmeryn.
- Campari - A Plegian General who guards the Castle Courtyard.
- Orton - A Plegian Wyvern Rider sent after Chrom.
- Plegia controls the territory held by these former countries: Dolhr, Macedon, Altea, Gra, and Grust.