“Avatar and company safely arrive in Notre Sagesse, only to discover that Hoshidan forces have beaten them there.”
Rainbow Sage (虹の賢者 Niji no kenja) is Chapter 11 of Fire Emblem Fates in the Conquest Version. This chapter takes place in Sevenfold Sanctuary. As with all variations of this map, this chapter is segmented into six main rooms.
The script for this chapter can be found here.
|The following part of this article contains strategy; therefore, it is subjective, and may not work for everyone.|
Unlike the Birthright and Revelation variant of the Rainbow Sage, the enemy units are unpromoted.
However, players should be aware of the following:
- Each side room contains one type of enemy weapons (e.g a room full of yumi users, etc.), so bring units that can beat them in the weapon triangle.
- However on Lunatic, one extra enemy using a different weapon style will be added into the room; a Diviner in Setsuna's room, an Oni Savage in Kaze's, an Archer in Azama's and a Ninja in Rinkah's room.
- Also on Lunatic, enemies will be given random skills, which you should be careful for. They don't apply to the playable characters (on other routes):
Players should check and take out enemies as quickly as possible. The middle room's units have different skills, however. The two paired up Samurai have both Lunge and Armored Blow, while the pair in the center both have Life and Death. The Ninja has Poison Strike and the Diviner has Malefic Aura.
Once this middle room is cleared, the last room left is Hinoka's room. None of the enemies, including Hinoka herself, can move. Simply defeat Hinoka, as the objective is to beat the enemy commander, although you should clear out the accompanying units for free experience before doing so.
Grinding EXP and Support Edit
The enemy unit in the uppermost tile (two away from Hinoka) will heal Hinoka whenever she takes damage. You can use this to grind some EXP for several of your units (especially your healers and Azura), as described below:
- Kill all enemy units except Hinoka and her healer.
- Have a unit who is relatively weak but also won't die (Classic)/be knocked out (Casual) due to Hinoka's counterattack, attack Hinoka.
- The unit will likely suffer some damage, so use Elise/Felicia/Jakob to heal.
- Have Azura Sing to the unit that has already attacked.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3.
This is also a good way to build some support between units of your choosing.