—Battle Quote with Sigurd in Genealogy of the Holy War
Reptor is an enemy character from Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War. He is the Duke of Friege Castle, Prime Minister of Grannvale, and as a descendant of the Crusader Thrud, wields the ultimate Thunder magic tome Mjölnir.
In the course of the game's events, Reptor conspires with Duke Lombard of Dozel in order to obtain more power in the continent of Jugdral. He escalated the intensity of the war between Grannvale and Isaach by killing King Mananan of Isaach, who was heading to the Grannvale front to explain Isaach's stand in the war to Prince Kurth of Grannvale.
In Chapter 3, Reptor is seen entering the domains of northern Agustria along with Lombard to arrest Sigurd for allegedly plotting to overthrow the Kingdom of Grannvale and aiding in killing Prince Kurth. Sigurd's army manages to flee to the confines of Silesse, where it stays for a considerable amount of time.
Reptor appears again in Chapter 5, guarding Velthomer Castle along with Arvis's Roten Ritter led by General Aida. However, just as Sigurd's army draws up to the Velthomer region, Aida turns against him, taking him completely by surprise. Alongside getting pounded by the Roten Ritter's merciless Meteor spells, Reptor's forces are attacked by Sigurd's army. Reptor will end up perishing in the process, betrayed and ashamed.
|Starting Class||Holy Blood|
|Pavise||Sword - A|
Lance - A
Axe - A
Bow - A
Fire - A
Wind - A
Staff - A
Subjective: The following part of this article is based upon the editor's personal experiences and opinions, and therefore may not be applicable for all readers.
Reptor, with the almighty Mjölnir, is a serious threat to Sigurd's forces, and should not be attacked unless they either have massive attack power or the ability to survive 60 magical damage. Reptor's Great Shield skill will also activate rather frequently, and as such, attacks inflicted against him should be carefully planned. However, his low Resistance can be his greatest weakness, and it makes him an easy target for the Silence Staff.
Assuming the cast is maxed out, the best character to handle Reptor is Lewyn with Forseti; Lewyn has more than enough raw attacking power to take down Reptor in a single turn if he manages the very favorable odds to activate Adept and/or Critical, and he has enough Resistance to usually survive one hit from Mjölnir. He is also the only character with any real chance of dodging Reptor's attacks, between his notoriously high Speed and weapon triangle advantage. Sigurd with Tyrfing is a close second, and more likely to be in the thick of the fighting already. However, he is unlikely to one-round Reptor unless he has a Power Ring. Brigid can also do major damage, though she will suffer from some accuracy issues.
Reptor's magic stat is literally a game-breaker at 30, which is well above the Baron cap of 22.
- Reptor: Sigurd!? ...you traitor! Invading our holy land!!
- Sigurd: You're the traitor, Lord Reptor! Entrapping my father and Prince Kurth... You know what actually happened!
- Reptor: Hmph, you idiot! Politics is all about power! Your father had no power, which is why he died. You're a knight, that much should be obvious to you.
- Sigurd: Knights respect honour and justice, and what you've done isn't just. I've returned to restore Grannvale's reputation!
- Reptor: You've gone to a lot of trouble, but this is as far as you'll get. You'll die a traitor, just like Byron. Your strength is nothing compared to my Mjölnir. Soon you'll see how powerless you really are... Mwahaha...
- Reptor: Ta, Tailtiu... It's you. I knew that you were with the rebel army, but I never expected to face you like this...
- Tailtiu: Father... I'm so sorry...
- Reptor: Grr... Claud!! You deceived my daughter... In any case... House Freege's reputation must be defended. Tailtiu, you have to die.
- Tailtiu: ! ...Father...
—Reptor's death quote, if Velthomer has turned against him
—Reptor's death quote
Choose Your Legends Placement History
|CYL1||624||Genealogy of the Holy War||106|
|CYL2||723||Genealogy of the Holy War||49|
|CYL3 saw the transition to different counting mechanisms involving versions of characters and ties, so change measured between CYL2 and CYL3 shouldn't be taken at face value.|
|CYL3||518||Genealogy of the Holy War||80|
|CYL4||528||Genealogy of the Holy War||61|
|CYL5||459||Genealogy of the Holy War||46|
Reptor could derive from "Raptor", a latin word that means "thief". Commonly used to name birds of prey, encoutered in several myths, the Griffin and Harpies being among the most famous.
- Reptor was a sage in the prototype version of the game. This could be the explanation for his magic stat of 30 and thin build in his official artwork designs.