—Rinea, to Berkut
Rinea is a non-playable character who appears exclusively in Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.
Rinea is a noblewoman from an impoverished Rigelian house and is engaged to Berkut. Even within the Empire, she is renowned for her beauty, and the one person whom Berkut trusts without reserve. Rinea met Berkut at a royal ball. Despite the lesser nature of her noble house, Berkut was charmed by her beauty and offered to dance with her, thus beginning their romance.
During the events of Shadows of Valentia, Rinea is first introduced when Alm's forces storm Zofia Castle where Berkut was stationed. Rinea showed no interest in the battle as she detested violence. Berkut was content to sitting back and watching the battle unfold with her at his side.
"Just a minute! The following section contains spoilers, viewing it will cost a lot. Are you prepared to pay for it?"
While uncomfortable around most strangers, Rinea still tries to put up a pleasant and polite front. She seems to feel a lot of pressure to be an "acceptable" fiancee to Berkut, even though she dislikes public life. She often frets a lot about her choice of words and being what is considered appropriate in her department.
Being the daughter of a minor Rigelian noble family that is not well-off, financially or in social standing, her discomfort with court life is exacerbated. She does, however, love to dance, and also enjoys nature and being outdoors. While typically fairly soft-spoken, if Rinea has an opportunity to talk about something she likes, she will become much more animated and verbose, a trait she is rather ashamed of. The whole ordeal of war is as uncomfortable and alien to her as court life, but she sticks it out to stay by Berkut's side. He's the only person she opens up to, and conversely, Rinea is the only person Berkut opens up to.
Granted by Prayer Ring*
- Reminiscent Belle
- Berkut's betrothed. Typically on the reserved side, she loves to dance. She moves to the beat of any music playing in earshot. Appears in Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.
| Silver Goblet+|
|A||Warding Blow 1||-||-|
|Bracing Blow 1||Armored Blow 1||-|
|Bracing Blow 2||Bracing Blow 1|
|B||Torrent Dance 1||-||-|
|Fireflood Dance 1||Torrent Dance 1||-|
|Fireflood Dance 2||Fireflood Dance 1|
Subjective: The following part of this article is based upon the editor's personal experiences and opinions, and therefore may not be applicable for all readers.
Rinea is illustrated in the trading card game Fire Emblem Cipher with the following cards:
Rinea's name may be based on Linea, a feminine name of Scandinavian derivation, and its meaning is "lime" or "linden tree". It may also be based on the Scandinavian female name "Linnea" which is a flower.
- Despite being classed as a Witch Rinea's battle model bears more resemblance to the Vestal class.
- Rinea's Prayer Ring only truly grants her the Recovery skill. In order to activate the Miracle skill, she needs to have an actual Luck stat.
- Rinea placed 76th on Choose Your Legends Round 2 and was the 6th most popular Echoes character.
- Rinea placed 56th on Choose Your Legends Round 3 and was the 2nd most popular Echoes character.
- In both CYL polls, she was the most popular character not to be in Heroes at that point.
- Rinea is the first character to appear as an auxiliary character in Heroes, appearing in both Fallen Berkut's Special Attack still and during a Special Attack in her witch form.
- Rinea shares her English voice actress, Dorothy Elias Fahn, with Three Houses' Mercedes.
- Rinea is one of only two enemies in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia to have a Bond Support, the other being her fiancé Berkut.
- See main article: Rinea/Gallery.