|Need an Image!|
|This article is in need of an image. Remove this template when an image has been added. If you are unsure whether or not an image is appropriate, please discuss it on the Talk Page.|
“Find the last tree north of the oasis shore... Then two steps north and one step more!”
—Elder of the 4th Mirage Village
Shadow in the Sands (Land of Dancing Sand in the Japanese version) is Paralogue 14 of Fire Emblem Awakening. This chapter takes place in Desert Oasis. The map will be unlocked once Miriel has obtained her S support.
The Goddess Staff can be obtained by moving any character two spaces down and one space left of the starting position of the boss after visiting all four Villages. Laurent can be recruited by visiting the village on the bottom left of the map with either Chrom or Miriel.
|The following part of this article contains strategy; therefore, it is subjective, and may not work for everyone.|
Have Miriel near the bottom-left village so you can easily get Laurent on the first turn. Have your units plow through the enemies as there are some nice items that can be obtained from this level, although you will need to wait before the villages will begin to appear. As enemy reinforcements arrive early, deal with them quickly, or if you want to rush the level, simply get Laurent first, then have a mage or flying unit rush to Nombry, as you only need to defeat him to finish the level.
- Visit the north-eastern village to receive a Strength Tonic.
- Visit the north-western village to receive a Speedwing.
- Visit the south-eastern village to receive a Bullion (L)
- After visiting the first village (aside from Laurent's), 4 Barbarians will appear next to Nombry, while 2 Berserkers and 3 Barbarians will arrive from the south-western corner of the map.
- After visiting the second village, 3 Pegasus Knights and two Falcon Knights will appear from the south-western corner. Two Berserkers and three Barbarians will appear in the north-east corner.
- After visiting the third village, 5 Falcon Knights will appear from the north-eastern corner, and 3 Warriors and 2 Berserkers will appear from the mid-western area.
- This is the only chapter to have hidden treasure in Fire Emblem Awakening.