Could someone add Anna to both routes, I'm finding it hard to do it. She's now confirmed as an outlaw. ajitunes13.
Some characters are only recruitable by capturing them. So far we know Daniela, William, Hormone, and Kumagera are capturable. Should add a section for them? Are You Serious (talk) 23:06, June 28, 2015 (UTC)
- (also should we move Gunter from Both routes to Nohr exlusive? He's playable in the prologue but he only becomes a permanent party member in the Nohr route) Are You Serious (talk) 23:35, June 28, 2015 (UTC)
- I think for the capture units, we should just make a page and compile the names. If I recall correctly, they're just generic units in both routes.—Nauibotics (talk) 00:35, June 29, 2015 (UTC)
- So the following characters are recruitable via capture: Daniela, Haitaka, Kumagera, William, Hormone, Nacht, Draj, Banba, Funk, Daichi, Gazzack, Senou and Vashala. They're not generics and I think most of them are bosses of the paralogue chapters. Are You Serious (talk) 17:58, June 29, 2015 (UTC)
Can someone please add the rest of the birthdays? Some of the pages nave the superlatives but not the birthdays, and some have none at all.
I can add all the birthdays, and as i obtain the superlatives i'll try putting those in too. Should i put the birthdays in the trivia section or just the profile section?
On each of the profiles, where is a good place to put each of their personal skills? Im having trouble with editing them into the actual graphs and which section to put the skills in at all, although i think the Base Stats section would be best
- Birthdays belong preferably on the personality sections of each character and nowhere else. If you mean their starting skills when recruited, then yes, put those on their base stat section. If you mean all skills they can potentially learn, don't list them.—Nauibotics (talk) 21:38, July 18, 2015 (UTC)
Japanese Names Edit
I'm putting this here because I don't know where else to put it.
I was looking through the official Character Book for the game, and they have the character's Japanese names written in English in them. While most of the names in there match the translations here, some of them are wrong. Here are the characters with different names, and the pages from the book that state so:
- Asyura - Ashura
- Ryouma - Ryoma
- Saizou - Saizo
- Yuugiri - Yugiri
- Crimson - Crymson
- Marx - Marks
- Belka - Berka
- Elfie - Elfy
- Fuuga - Fuga
- Gurei - Gray
- Syalla - Shara
- Foleo - Foreo
- Velour - Velor
- Éponine - Eponine
I'm proposing we change the names of the characters (excluding Ryoma, Xander, and Effie since they have confirmed English names) to the names in the character book. Should we do this, or not? ~GamingFanatic (Talk · Blog · Contribs) - 03:08, October 13, 2015 (UTC)
- I think policy says "yes, move the pages to those names", but there is also the idea that it'd be easier for us to just wait for the English names and not deal with sorting out double redirects and such. So...whichever? Also, while were are here: Syalla and Gurei, at least, were translated here the way they were to get across that they are anagrams of Sallya (Tharja's Japanese name) and Guire (Gaius's Japanese name) respectively...a bit of pun that the romanized names miss out on. EDIT: But at the very least, all of those names are worth noting on the pages.--Otherarrow (talk) 05:30, October 13, 2015 (UTC)
- Some of these other ones like Fuga vs Fuuga or Saizou vs Saizo is more of a stylistic difference that really has no difference. Fuga's name is フウガ (Fu-u-ga). Both Fuuga and Fuga are techincally correct, though the later would be written more as Fūga to indicate the elongated "u" sound since that's how Katakana works. Even Saizou (サイゾウ), the "u" sound is used to elongate the "o" sound. Both are correct. so I don't see why not using them later.Same could be said for even Eponine or Crymson since it would be changing for just a single letter? Either way you know which character its referring to. Otherwise, I agree with Otherarrow that we should wait until the NoA version of the game comes out because we will be moving them anyways just like we did for the Awakening characters. No sense in doing double work.-Nauibotics (talk) 02:22, October 14, 2015 (UTC)
Isn't Elincia playable through DLC? Shouldn't she be on this list? Also I know that Chrom, Lissa and Frederick appear in a DLC map but are they playable afterwards?
- As far as I know, I do not know about Elincia's case. Chrom, Lissa, and Frederick are ally NPCs on the awakening map and are not recruitable.—Nauibotics (talk) 22:19, November 13, 2015 (UTC)
Main Characters and Character Groupings. Edit
OK, before this gets into full edit war, I think I should bring it up for discussion: Does Azura "count" as a main character? When we usually talk about main character, let's not beat around the bush, we are talking about Lords. Main characters who lead the plot, if they die, game over. Azura...arguably is neither of those. She is a guide, an exposition giver. The likes of Lewyn (second gen in particular), Seth, and so on. Looking at it, it's probably worth noting that this page is the only one I know of that splits out "main characters" from the rest of the roster, which I am not sure is the wisest idea presentation wise. Likewise, I am not sure if it is the wisest idea to a.list the two Avatar genders separately, since they are effectively identical characters (also, listing the Robins separately causes the Awakening list to end on 31, so we have one row with six while the rest have five and since I'm anal that bugs me) and b.list Izana and/or Fuuga separately, since, well, they'd be alone and that'd look weird. I think the navigation templates deal with this by grouping Anna and Fuuga together as DLC characters (which Fuuga technically is, even if not the same way Anna is). Thoughts?--Otherarrow (talk) 21:17, December 20, 2015 (UTC)
- Listing both male and female Avatars is to avoid giving preferential treatment to one gender over the other, and regarding Azura, all promotional material refer to her as the heroine of the story, which would indicate she's meant to be seen as the secondary lead. Also I really don't think Lewyn's comparable since he isn't a playable character in the second gen. Are You Serious (talk) 23:07, December 20, 2015 (UTC)
- Well, maybe we can make a image just for these pages that includes both Avatar gender portraits? That'd solve that, yes? As for Azura, fair enough, I won't argue it. I still wonder why we have "main characters" split out though, no other character list does that, not even Awakening's.--Otherarrow (talk) 00:15, December 21, 2015 (UTC)
Personally, it really should be like the Mystery of the Emblem character page where it separates book one and two. There should be the birthright, conquest and revelation routes separately on the page. Also, why isn't character recruitment in order. Ajitunes13 (talk) 14:53, December 21, 2015 (UTC)
I'm starting to think we should have 3 separate pages for Birthright, Conquest and Revelation because there's so much info on them each and technically they're 3 separate storylines and why isn't recruitment in order like every other page. Ajitunes13 (talk) 11:26, December 23, 2015 (UTC)
Seperate Capturable Characters?Edit
Odin in the characters section is linked to Owain of Fire Emblem: Awakening. Please fix!
18.104.22.168 18:05, March 27, 2016 (UTC)
- They are the same character. The game only makes the token effort to hide it and several of his supports and DLC related events assume the player already knows.--Otherarrow (talk) 18:33, March 27, 2016 (UTC)
- I believe it is supposed to be that way, as they are one and the same character. No fix needed there, as that page already has sections dedicated to his Fates appearace. Everetia (talk) 22:03, March 27, 2016 (UTC)
Yukimura's Exclusivity Edit
So this has been bothering me for a little while now. From my knowledge, you can recruit every playable character sans Izana and Yukimura in the Revelation route. I think when the game first released in Japan there were some misconceptions that Reina, Scarlet, and Flora were route exclusive as well (which we know now at least isn't the case)? Nevertheless, I think that it might be better to give Yukimura his own section as a 'Birthright Exclusive' just like how Izana and Fuga have their own sections (that or lump all three together in a general exclusivity section to save space).
And though not directly related to this page specifically, I was wondering if Template:FE14 should have slightly different titles beneath the 'Character' section. Maybe something like 'Hoshidans' and 'Nohrians' instead of the Hoshido/Nohr-Exclusive titles since they can all be technically recruited in Revelation at some point? Adding to that, perhaps the 'Revelation Only' title should just list the exclusive characters instead (which what route/s they can be recruited in in brackets). That way Izana doesn't have to be in the Neutral section. Evacino (talk) 20:34, April 21, 2016 (UTC)
Scattered Pictures Edit
The way the character pictures are scattered really sets off my OCD and I have no idea how to fix it.
- The page displays perfectly fine for me on both Monobook and Oasis. Maybe it has something to do with something on your end? Screen resolution or whatnot? Try it on Monobook and see if it still happens (as the page dimensions differ there).--Otherarrow (talk) 19:46, July 2, 2016 (UTC)