Just wondering, who decided to call it Thor's Hammer? I'm not saying the name is wrong, but it does seem an odd choice. Does the game ever call it that? Aveyn Knight 15:59, 19 April 2009 (UTC)
- Did a check, and the official name is Thor Hammer. Why they did not just call it Mjolnir baffles me, but that is irrelevent.--Otherarrow 16:05, 19 April 2009 (UTC)
- It's Torhammer because it's named after Tordo. There is no Thor in this universe Are You Serious 21:39, March 17, 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks for the necropost. (sarcasm) Either way, one of the official translations for the weapon's name is Thor Hammer. For all we know, the dragon that Tordo made a pact with was called Thor. But now I am just speculating, sorry.--Otherarrow 00:31, March 18, 2012 (UTC)
Moved from Talk:Mjölnir (Fates)Edit
Page Split Edit
Maybe it's just me, but it seems kinda like splitting hairs to have one thunder tome named after Thor's hammer be split from the other thunder tome named after Thor's hammer because their exact Japanese names are different. We've had identically named tomes that are technically different in Japan on the same page before (I think Fenrir for one) and those have less in common than this. (for the record, no, I am not suggesting we split Fenrir too) EDIT: And before anyone says "but Mjolnir in Genealogy is a special unique tome", so was Excalibur in Akaneia and Magvel, hasn't stopped it from showing up with no plot fanfare elsewhere.--Otherarrow (talk) 00:06, September 27, 2015 (UTC)
- I suppose it's fine to merge them, they kind of are already.
- Well not now anyway, but it is what it is
- The only "complication" is if they rename the tome during localization. But that kind of stuff may or may not happen all the time, so I'm not sure what actually happens then.