TearRing Saga: Berwick Saga (ティアリングサーガシリーズ ベルウィックサーガ), full title TearRing Saga Series: Berwick Sage: Lazberia Chronicle Chapter 174, is a game for the PlayStation 2 console. While it is officially the sequel to the original TearRing Saga: Utna Heroes Saga, the games are not related by plot and the Berwick Saga battle and skill systems borrow significantly less from Fire Emblem than the Utna Heroes Saga battle and skill system did, because of this, the two games barely resemble each other in terms of gameplay.
Notable Differences from Fire Emblem
- The game's maps use a hexagon grid as opposed to the square grids used in Fire Emblem and TearRing Saga.
- Dark Magic mostly consists of inflicting status ailment such as Berserk and Sleep.
- The Dark Magic user, Olwen, switches in battle between a High Priest and a Dark Priest to cast healing and dark spells.
- Horses and Wyverns count as equipment.
- Shields are equipment with three shield categories. Shields can be broken in combat.
- Lances have been split up into Spears, Lances, and Pitchforks. Spears are the most common type and can be used by most characters. Lances are rarer, only being used by Lance Knights, can only be used when mounted, cannot counter, and have damage based on the unit initiating a charge. Pitchforks are used by only one playable character and deal secondary status effects.
See main article: List of characters in TearRing Saga: Berwick Saga.
See main article: List of classes in TearRing Saga: Berwick Saga.