“Gold--a fiendish brilliance that tempts people. A theft occurs in the military base and Lissa's secret savings have been snatched by the Risen. Although reluctant, Chrom marches into the enemy base to recover Lissa's cash...”
The amount of gold each Risen carries ranges from 1,000 to 7,000 gold, which varies depending on the difficulty of the Risen. The skills they have will also vary, and are shown below:
- Level 1 unpromoted Risen: No special abilities apart from Pass. They will drop 1,000 gold upon defeat.
- Level 10 unpromoted Risen: Thieves have Movement +1, Dark Mages have Hex, and Barbarians have Gamble. They will drop 3,000 gold upon defeat.
- Level 5 promoted Risen: Tricksters have Lucky Seven in additon to Movement +1, Sorcerers have Anathema in addition to Hex, and Berserkers carry Wrath in addition to Gamble. They will drop 5,000 gold upon defeat.
- Level 20 promoted Risen: All promoted Risen units have the same skills as level 5 promoted Risen, along with Vantage. They will drop 7,000 gold upon defeat.
Regardless of difficulty, all enemy units carry Pass. Players will only face Thieves, Barbarians, Dark Mages, Tricksters, Berserkers and Sorcerers in this Xenologue. All enemy units will leave the map by turn 7.
A script of the script can be found here.
“The gold's all yours...if you've got the guts to take it.”
—North America eShop Opening Narration
- Some people haven't had their items stolen, as mentioned through their pre-battle quotes. This suggests that they only pilfer from those that they think should be robbed.
- Vincent and Victor break the fourth wall at the end of this chapter by saying that they will retry the level, referring to this chapter.
- This chapter is one of only three chapters where Chrom is not priority used on the team preparation screen, the other two being EXPonential Growth and Infinite Regalia.