“General Zelot, I'm sure you know already, but my mission has been accomplished. Still, I wish to remain in this army”
—Thea to Zelot in a support conversation
Thea is a playable character in Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade. She is the middle sister of Juno and Shanna. She can be recruited by either her employer, General Klein, or Shanna, but only once Klein is recruited.
She has problems with showing any form of positive emotion towards her younger sister in public, and easily becomes embarrassed. This could also be because she does not want to make herself look like a fool in front of Klein. Thea is also very protective of her older sister, Juno, and worries about both her and her baby.
After the war, she becomes the new flightleader.
She makes a brief cameo appearance in chapter 17 of the Fire Emblem: Hasha no Tsurugi manga.
Lance - D
|Item Required||Promoted Class|
|Elysian Whip||Falcon Knight|
- See also: Thea/Supports
Thea has a variety of pros and cons compared to her younger sister Shanna. She has higher constitution and more well rounded stats and on Hard Mode because of her stat bonuses and a larger focus on offense. However, it is noticeable that compared to Shanna, Thea has almost identical base stats on Normal Mode, despite being 7 levels higher and at least 8 chapters later. Even on Hard Mode, these sub-par bases can still cripple her with hard mode bonuses as her crutch. The biggest issue is giving her experience, as she joins somewhat underleveled for the point she joins in the game at a point that has an abundance of axe users (You can however make her injure the priests at the boss and have them keep healing each other until their physic staff breaks) and could potentially be somewhat behind Shanna in terms of stats and levels. However, if trained until promotion, she'll often have very high stats in strength, skill and speed with average HP, and as per usual with Pegasus Knights, poor defense but decent resistance. All in all, Thea joins notably weak, but can become a great flier once trained.
- Thea - Rider of the Winds (疾風の天馬騎士 Shippū no tenma kishi)
- "Thea returned to Ilia, where she worked to reunite the divided Pegasus Knights. Her diligent work and leadership paid off, and the Ilian Pegasus Knights gradually regained their former glory."
Thea is illustrated in the trading card game with the following cards:
Thea is the Anglicized spelling of Theia, the Titan of sight and "the shining light of the clear blue sky".
- On the official Japanese website for Nintendo, Thea won 12th place out of 80 in the character popularity poll for Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade. The male-female vote ratio is 2:1. The voter comments seem to generally favor her for her shy and nervous nature despite her seemingly serious and tough front.
- During the planning stages of The Binding Blade, Thea may have been originally planned to be Lilina's cousin. If this was the case, whether Thea was intended to be Orun's daughter, or if there was some other explanation regarding the genealogy that would have made them cousins is left unclear. Especially due to the fact that this detail might have been changed by a decision to make Thea one of the game's Pegasus sisters.
- Thea is one of the few units (if not the only) who can be an enemy, ally and playable unit all in the same chapter, if she speaks to Shanna then Klein.